Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert retains support of owner Evans 10:33 - Jan 13 with 8799 viewsSitfcB

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/marcus-evans-supports-paul-lambert-690

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 10:34]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:20 - Jan 13 with 1075 viewsN2_Blue

Until fans stop supporting the club financially nothing will change.

If you buy a ST (or match day tickets if and when they are available again) you are buying into that you are happy to go watch ITFC under the current set up. Sorry that's just how it is.

I've had enough. ITFC will always be in my heart and i will be at PR again, but not under this regime.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 1031 viewsDinDjarin

Bit the bullet. Screw em.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:41 - Jan 13 with 1015 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:40 - Jan 13 by hype313

Do you think there is any dressing room unrest Phil or is it just social media nonsense?

I would be more worried if there wasn't any unrest in the dressing room... I mean, there should be unrest after the sh1t show of the last 3-4 months... shouldn't there?

At least unrest means that somebody in there cares.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 971 viewsnoggin

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:39 - Jan 13 by DinDjarin

Hopefully you are not alone.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:56 - Jan 13 with 962 viewsbilllm

Then good for him, that's 3 season tickets that will not be renewed
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:07 - Jan 13 with 940 viewsIllinoisblue

And still some of our simpletons are shouting at Stuart Watson. I’d be blocking those fools.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:31 - Jan 13 with 888 viewspetieboy2011

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:52 - Jan 13 by footers

At other clubs this would be the dreaded kiss-of-death backing from the owner before the inevitable reverse ferret and sacking.

Not here though. We're too nice and cosy.

As Footers says - we are too nice.

Whats the bet that Evans gives Shambert a contract extention instead?

Im still convinced Shambert & Evans are undercover from up the road and destroying the club from within!
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:31 - Jan 13 with 888 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:39 - Jan 13 by DinDjarin

Any effort made to try and keep you on board? To pass your thoughts on to those higher up etc?

Anyway, the main problem all this shows is Evans really is as clueless as we all thought. Even if we get a new guy in I don't trust Evans to get it right.

He'll probably sack Lambert and replace him with Lambert-wearing-a-fake-moustache-to-look-slightly-more-continental.

And then he'll never get rid when the time is necessary, nor will he invest if things look positive. We've seen it all before. If Evans own's this club we're f*cked.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:33 - Jan 13 with 886 viewsDinDjarin

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:31 - Jan 13 by haynes_toe1

Any effort made to try and keep you on board? To pass your thoughts on to those higher up etc?

Anyway, the main problem all this shows is Evans really is as clueless as we all thought. Even if we get a new guy in I don't trust Evans to get it right.

He'll probably sack Lambert and replace him with Lambert-wearing-a-fake-moustache-to-look-slightly-more-continental.

And then he'll never get rid when the time is necessary, nor will he invest if things look positive. We've seen it all before. If Evans own's this club we're f*cked.

I did explain my reasons in the email citing the obvious reasons for my cancellation.

Whether that makes it up the chain or not who knows.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 14:27 - Jan 13 with 763 viewsArnieM

Oh well, that’s the death knell for this Club then.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:07 - Jan 13 with 696 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

There isn't anything in there explicitly from ME though, it's the EADT "understands" so I am sure it's right but it might be more flimsy that the article makes out.

If we lose the next couple with players back there is nowhere for Lambert to hide.

SB

This is how I read it and have been searching through the thread to see if anyone else had.

This is a non-story, it's just a reiteration of what was said in December. There are no new quotes, nothing. People seem to be getting carried away by a bit of page-filler/clickbait.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:08 - Jan 13 with 691 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:07 - Jan 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is how I read it and have been searching through the thread to see if anyone else had.

This is a non-story, it's just a reiteration of what was said in December. There are no new quotes, nothing. People seem to be getting carried away by a bit of page-filler/clickbait.

I don't think the paper would have run the story without a steer from the club that this is still the case.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 651 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:08 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

I don't think the paper would have run the story without a steer from the club that this is still the case.....

Sounds to me like ME's made no comment (otherwise they'd have quoted him) when the EADT rang the club for any update... and whoever they spoke to said "You can assume there's no change."

I mean it's disappointing he's not getting fired today, but come on, there's not really a story here. ME probably doesn't even know anything about this article or the EADT asking. He's probably abroad on other business.

Just look how many times they write "we understand," "understands" or "understood." That's what journalists write when they have no proof. I know it's also when they have a quote from a source that wants to stay anonymous, but why would the club be bothered by that? If ME was adamant he's still backing Lambert and was happy for the EADT to run a story on it, he'd have no qualms about being quoted (again).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 15:47 - Jan 13 with 620 viewsWicklowBlue

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:39 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Yes. This season they're working on possession. Next season will be passing forwards. I think goalscoring comes up in season five.

Season 3 is likely to be cancelled due to poor ratings and viewers at this rate.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 16:04 - Jan 13 with 591 viewsMrTown

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 13:31 - Jan 13 by petieboy2011

As Footers says - we are too nice.

Whats the bet that Evans gives Shambert a contract extention instead?

Im still convinced Shambert & Evans are undercover from up the road and destroying the club from within!

Being cosy and too nice has seemingly been a culture at the club for a little while.

To be honest it is why a good summer clear out cannot come soon enough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024