Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert retains support of owner Evans 10:33 - Jan 13 with 8800 viewsSitfcB

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/marcus-evans-supports-paul-lambert-690

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 10:34]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 1754 viewsMrTown

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:29 - Jan 13 by bobbyramsey

The key wording here is:

"Lambert is likely to retain the support of the club’s owner as long as his side remain in touch with the promotion places."

But if it slips any further......?

From that perspective it is a weird one. He stays and we are in touching distance of play-offs. He goes but then out of reach.

My concern is the middle ground, if we sit 8th and are always 3-6 points off the play-offs, you eventually run out of games.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1746 viewsMrTown

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:34 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

At this point we can say Evans is either an idiot and/or a liar.

He can't be neither. The evidence proves this. So is he an idiot? Or is he straight up lying to us?

A liar.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:38 - Jan 13 with 1758 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

There isn't anything in there explicitly from ME though, it's the EADT "understands" so I am sure it's right but it might be more flimsy that the article makes out.

If we lose the next couple with players back there is nowhere for Lambert to hide.

SB

Indeed, as I said when the dressing room unrest story emerged the other day, he has no immediate plans to make a change. But, as you say, one would assume that that will eventually change if results continue in the same manner with the players coming back.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:39 - Jan 13 with 1735 viewsclive_baker

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:29 - Jan 13 by bobbyramsey

The key wording here is:

"Lambert is likely to retain the support of the club’s owner as long as his side remain in touch with the promotion places."

But if it slips any further......?

In touch with the playoff places, what a time to be alive. So anything in the top 10 and within about 6 points of 6th is defendable now?

Funny how we had Chambers coming out last season saying anything less than promotion is failure. Jimmy Walker tweeting this season that it's an average league and if we're not in the top 4 we might as well pack up. We've got the most expensive manager in the league and one of the most expensive squads. Yet apparently under indexing vs. that and being within touching distance of the top 6 is satisfactory.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:40 - Jan 13 with 1714 viewshype313

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:38 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, as I said when the dressing room unrest story emerged the other day, he has no immediate plans to make a change. But, as you say, one would assume that that will eventually change if results continue in the same manner with the players coming back.

Do you think there is any dressing room unrest Phil or is it just social media nonsense?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1688 viewsLankHenners

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:39 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

In touch with the playoff places, what a time to be alive. So anything in the top 10 and within about 6 points of 6th is defendable now?

Funny how we had Chambers coming out last season saying anything less than promotion is failure. Jimmy Walker tweeting this season that it's an average league and if we're not in the top 4 we might as well pack up. We've got the most expensive manager in the league and one of the most expensive squads. Yet apparently under indexing vs. that and being within touching distance of the top 6 is satisfactory.

The club top brass have spent so long talking the club down that they've let expectations slip to this.

Can't wait for next season's 'given the personnel turnover enforced by the salary cap, we've done well to secure a top half finish'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 1683 viewsGeorge25

Three thing I've learnt now
- Evans is one of the most clueless owner
- lambert must be a very good talker
- Evans is a cheap skate
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 11:44]
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 1681 viewsitfcjoe

It's an absolute joke, just impossible to piece together any case for him to stay

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 1678 viewsistanblue

Is everyone now slowly waking up to the fact that Marcus Evans is the main problem at ITFC?
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:44 - Jan 13 with 1658 viewsReuser_is_God

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:38 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Which they will because the players are not playing for him.

He needs to be sacked & he needs to be sacked today.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 1641 viewsclive_baker

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

It's an absolute joke, just impossible to piece together any case for him to stay

If you hire a clown, expect a circus.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 1620 viewsnoggin

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 by istanblue

Is everyone now slowly waking up to the fact that Marcus Evans is the main problem at ITFC?

He is but he isn't going anywhere so the best we can do is force his hand and hope for a competent new manager.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:50 - Jan 13 with 1596 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:40 - Jan 13 by hype313

Do you think there is any dressing room unrest Phil or is it just social media nonsense?

This is one subject/question I would absolutely love the answer to

My underlying thought process would suggest there isn't YET....... but I think if results,performances & interviews like Woolfy's continue then most definitely I can see it happening

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 1567 viewsMrTown

It is incredible really that anything in touching distance of play-offs in League 1 is the bar now.

We want to battling out of for top 2 in this division.

Just a product of what Evans and Lambert have created together over the last 2 and a half years, standards seem to be dropping year by year.

Won't be long before Lambert has Evans convinced floating above the relegation zone in L1 is a success.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:56 - Jan 13 with 1557 viewsfooters

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:50 - Jan 13 by Metal_Hacker

This is one subject/question I would absolutely love the answer to

My underlying thought process would suggest there isn't YET....... but I think if results,performances & interviews like Woolfy's continue then most definitely I can see it happening

This may be unduly cynical, but aside from players like Chambo, Skuse and Wolf, I really don't see too many of our squad caring enough about our league position and results to cause unrest, more like apathy. There's certainly nowhere near the team spirit of McCarthy's tenure.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:58 - Jan 13 with 1547 viewsjayessess

"just about in touch with a 1 in 4 lottery shot at getting promoted". This level of equanimity about almost certainly remaining in the division for another year is astonishing to me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:59 - Jan 13 with 1540 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:54 - Jan 13 by MrTown

It is incredible really that anything in touching distance of play-offs in League 1 is the bar now.

We want to battling out of for top 2 in this division.

Just a product of what Evans and Lambert have created together over the last 2 and a half years, standards seem to be dropping year by year.

Won't be long before Lambert has Evans convinced floating above the relegation zone in L1 is a success.

It's not the bar but it's preferable for Evans to say he supports Lambert rather than I can't pay him off because of the stupid five year deal I gave him.

Then Evans does what he's always done and convinced himself a hopeless situation can somehow come good. Remember his Championship 'strategy' that he had full faith in? He must surely have known deep down it wouldn't work but instead he chose to convince himself it really might work selling off assets and replacing with free agents and loans. Same thing is happening now. He's convincing himself that the returning players will make all the difference. The sad thing is this is our last cance of having a financial advantage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 1514 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:38 - Jan 13 by noggin

basically, ME doesn't give a toss about ITFC or us fans.

You only just twigged? It's been 13 years of that!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:04 - Jan 13 with 1504 viewsdavblue

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:43 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

it's utterly embarrassing, hanging onto injuries despite the evidence of the last 2 and a bit years.

I really don't know where we go from here, Evans is so incompetent as a football club owner it's unreal.

The club is going only one way under his leadership and that's league 2 eventually.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:05 - Jan 13 with 1508 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:40 - Jan 13 by hype313

Story came as no surprise to me. I don't think it's been a particularly happy camp for some time, certainly didn't seem so in the summer.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 1473 viewsMrTown

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:05 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Story came as no surprise to me. I don't think it's been a particularly happy camp for some time, certainly didn't seem so in the summer.

I spoke to somebody on Monday well connected who used the words - 'half of the squad can't stand the manager'.

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 1461 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:48 - Jan 13 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I always thought a campaign to highlight to the mainstream football media what a shambles Evans is would force some sort of change. He conveniently removed his name from the shirts prior to relegation, he seems to escape a lot of the criticism other bad owners get from the press - such as the Magic sacking, among other things.

If more eyes were on him and what he's doing it might actually embarrass him into doing something else but we as fans have been far too forgiving and willing to blame managers, who have been largely constrained by Evans poor leadership and mismanagement of the club.

Maybe we'll be the only post-COVID club with near empty stands, admittedly the super fans will attend and attack those who don't regardless but they will also fall off and feel silly about backing the Evans machine as the years roll on and the club declines further into oblivion. We talk about this now being a must achieve time for the future of the club for Evans and Lambert, and we're right, as our advantage in this league starts to evaporate soon but if we really want to save the club then supporter action is needed. No magic wand will save it, we need boycotts, protests and mainstream attention on Evans failings.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:11 - Jan 13 with 1452 viewsAce_High1

Come on guys this has been obvious for the last 9 months.

Actions speak louder than words, the same people annoyed by the current situation are the ones in other threads talking about renewing.

ME will ONLY listen if you stop funding the club. I know the club is more than ME/PL but right now a ST renewal = support for the current regime.

Vote with your feet and I guarantee ME will act in a matter of days.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1444 viewsSE1blue

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:04 - Jan 13 by davblue

it's utterly embarrassing, hanging onto injuries despite the evidence of the last 2 and a bit years.

I really don't know where we go from here, Evans is so incompetent as a football club owner it's unreal.

The club is going only one way under his leadership and that's league 2 eventually.

If there were crowds in the stadium I think change might have happened sooner (maybe) but they can 'get away with it' when there's distance between the club and the supporters.

The whole thing is an embarrassment of incompetence.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:17 - Jan 13 with 1415 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 12:11 - Jan 13 by Ace_High1

Come on guys this has been obvious for the last 9 months.

Actions speak louder than words, the same people annoyed by the current situation are the ones in other threads talking about renewing.

ME will ONLY listen if you stop funding the club. I know the club is more than ME/PL but right now a ST renewal = support for the current regime.

Vote with your feet and I guarantee ME will act in a matter of days.

Yup.

Stop going to games/renewals when allowed.
Stop buying iFollow
Stop buying club shirts and merch
Stop buying the matchday mags

Stay at at home. Stop spending. Save ITFC.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024