Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert retains support of owner Evans 10:33 - Jan 13 with 8796 viewsSitfcB

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/marcus-evans-supports-paul-lambert-690

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 10:34]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 2047 viewsclive_baker

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:54 - Jan 13 by DanTheMan

The only other option is to stop supporting the club financially.

Think they are in for a rude awakening come renewal time.

There in lies the answer.

ME will act when the case for keeping Lambert is more expensive than the alternative. If renewals drop by 3,000 then we're probably in that territory. I cancelled recently, and it's hard to do, but I'm not lining the pockets of Evans while he continues to mismanage this club, he doesn't deserve my money.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 2047 viewsnoggin

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:54 - Jan 13 by DanTheMan

The only other option is to stop supporting the club financially.

Think they are in for a rude awakening come renewal time.

This is the only way ME might listen. That said, I hope BA can soon protest outside the ground.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 2051 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:52 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

Evans sees sod all value in spending £1m compensation in a year his other business interests have taken a real beating. If we're going to lose a few million a year, I don't suppose he's too concerned at this stage whether that's in this division or the one above.

It's not good enough, our fans deserve better and our players deserve better.

How much do you reckon the deals for Harrop and THomas will set us back? It's f*cking mental.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 2042 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:54 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

Whilst I kind of get where Joe is coming from, I'm afraid I could not get on board with that sort of 'campaign'. I always want us to win. It's what we as supporters do, isn't it? Although I acknowledge that every defeat puts added pressure on the owner to do the right thing.

I'm not campaigning for it, as noted there, it's just my personal viewpoint

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 2031 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:56 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Lose the rest of the games in January and surely he will have to go. New man in for the long run in!!

Too much damage is being done in the mean time

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 2035 viewsbournemouthblue

The dreaded vote of confidence

Except with Evans, you usually seem to be pretty safe!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 2021 viewsSitfcB

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:58 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

The dreaded vote of confidence

Except with Evans, you usually seem to be pretty safe!

Trouble is this is like the third ‘vote of confidence’ in a month or two

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 2017 viewsGuthrum

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:58 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Too much damage is being done in the mean time

Also runs out the January transfer window, meaning a new manager would not be able to bring any players in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:01 - Jan 13 with 2005 viewsFixed_It

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:57 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

I'm not campaigning for it, as noted there, it's just my personal viewpoint

I was referring to BryanPlug's follow-up to your comment where he was suggesting a campaign in the media. I realise that wasn't what you were calling for - sorry if that wasn't clear in my reply.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 11:03]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:02 - Jan 13 with 1996 viewshype313

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:59 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Also runs out the January transfer window, meaning a new manager would not be able to bring any players in.

The ridiculous thing is Guthers, I don't believe we need anymore players, we just need the current lot properly managed, properly formulated, we have the players to get us out of this league, signing some bloke from Preston who has hardly kicked a ball in years is nonsensical.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:03 - Jan 13 with 1975 viewsMrTown

'Evans loses support of fans as ST renewals drop by 50%' - June 2021
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 11:07]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:04 - Jan 13 with 1964 viewsChrisd

Well that should confirm for all in sundry that ME is more than happy for us to remain in L1 and certainly for a few seasons to come. It really can't be a footballing decision because anyone that is remotely interested in the game can see we just aren't getting promoted under PL or will even finish top 6. This decision has to purely come down to money.

It's evidently clear we need an owner that has a passion, enthusiasm and a plan for our club in going forwards.........Unfortunately, ME is lacking all those facets.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 1926 viewsGuthrum

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:02 - Jan 13 by hype313

The ridiculous thing is Guthers, I don't believe we need anymore players, we just need the current lot properly managed, properly formulated, we have the players to get us out of this league, signing some bloke from Preston who has hardly kicked a ball in years is nonsensical.

Yes, I agree. More thinking of squad rebalancing if the new manager wanted to change the system than the wholesale buying-in of talent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 1885 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:40 - Jan 13 by SomethingBlue

It's madness, the club as we know it is dying.

It died 13 years ago unfortunately

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 1890 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:59 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Trouble is this is like the third ‘vote of confidence’ in a month or two

Think he's had one 'vote of confidence', the statement at the start of last month, but the situation and his view of matters just hasn't changed since then.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 1872 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 10:59 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

That doesn't really bother me so much, we've got enough players and no room to bring in without getting some out

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:15 - Jan 13 with 1841 viewsStokieBlue

There isn't anything in there explicitly from ME though, it's the EADT "understands" so I am sure it's right but it might be more flimsy that the article makes out.

If we lose the next couple with players back there is nowhere for Lambert to hide.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1837 viewsChurchman

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:04 - Jan 13 by Chrisd

Well that should confirm for all in sundry that ME is more than happy for us to remain in L1 and certainly for a few seasons to come. It really can't be a footballing decision because anyone that is remotely interested in the game can see we just aren't getting promoted under PL or will even finish top 6. This decision has to purely come down to money.

It's evidently clear we need an owner that has a passion, enthusiasm and a plan for our club in going forwards.........Unfortunately, ME is lacking all those facets.

Exactly. Evans is interested in his portfolio’s bottom line. That means keeping football club spending to the barest minimum just as he’s done for years. He’s just not interested and until he’s gone future decline is inevitable.

I’m amazed anyone thinks his this club’s ‘saviour’. For me he’s the worst thing that ever happened to it by a country mile.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 13:00]
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1833 viewsHarry_Palmer

I'm done, the club doesn't get another penny of my money until both Lambert AND Evans are gone.

Evans appears to be in full self sabotage mode now so he should get his wish soon as more and more season tickets are cancelled and the club is driven further and further into the abyss.

It really is incredibly sad to see this happening but we have to vote with our feet now and try and get both these idiots out of our club. I don't see any way the club moves forward now under Evans, we can only hope he finally cuts his losses before we end up in League Two or worse.
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1824 viewsfooters

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

There isn't anything in there explicitly from ME though, it's the EADT "understands" so I am sure it's right but it might be more flimsy that the article makes out.

If we lose the next couple with players back there is nowhere for Lambert to hide.

SB

There'll be #scenes for sure after we take Burton all the way to a scoreless draw. Choo choo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:17 - Jan 13 with 1823 viewsFixed_It

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

SB

But they will take time to 'get up to speed'....

And meanwhile time is running out.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:19 - Jan 13 with 1814 viewsStokieBlue

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:17 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

But they will take time to 'get up to speed'....

And meanwhile time is running out.

Indeed.

I am just pointing out there is nothing directly attributable to ME in that article.

I think the most likely way he will be forced out is a full on dressing room revolt or perhaps even some players losing it on the pitch at him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:29 - Jan 13 with 1746 viewsbobbyramsey

The key wording here is:

"Lambert is likely to retain the support of the club’s owner as long as his side remain in touch with the promotion places."

But if it slips any further......?
Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:34 - Jan 13 with 1717 viewsCoco

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:29 - Jan 13 by bobbyramsey

The key wording here is:

"Lambert is likely to retain the support of the club’s owner as long as his side remain in touch with the promotion places."

But if it slips any further......?

wait until the car runs out of fuel then look for a petrol station.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambert retains support of owner Evans on 11:34 - Jan 13 with 1721 viewsJ2BLUE

At this point we can say Evans is either an idiot and/or a liar.

He can't be neither. The evidence proves this. So is he an idiot? Or is he straight up lying to us?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024