Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory London Mayor candidate 22:18 - Jan 13 with 12326 viewstractordownsouth

... thinks that homeless people can afford a 5k deposit. EVen by today's standards, that's the most tone deaf political statement I've seen in a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/13/tory-london-mayor-candidate-home

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:10 - Jan 17 with 560 viewsm14_blue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:07 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I have admitted I was unaware of the fact that the congestion charge thing was from central government. I have have admitted I was wrong on that one.

That’s because you were misled by the Tory candidate’s campaign though, so it’s understandable.

Does it not make you a bit p1ssed off that your party is so blatantly and demonstrably lying to you? Does it make you wonder what else they’ve been lying about?
Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:10 - Jan 17 with 558 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:07 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I have admitted I was unaware of the fact that the congestion charge thing was from central government. I have have admitted I was wrong on that one.

What's interesting is that we've established that the things you blame Khan for aren't his fault, they are down to central government, and yet despite that knowledge you still support the Tories (who are actually to blame) and I imagine you still think Khan is doing a bad job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 523 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:10 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

What's interesting is that we've established that the things you blame Khan for aren't his fault, they are down to central government, and yet despite that knowledge you still support the Tories (who are actually to blame) and I imagine you still think Khan is doing a bad job.

I’ve accepted the congestion charge thing is not his fault. All the rest of the stuff he’s messing up (crossrail, policing as two examples) are very much his fault.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 515 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:31 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I’ve accepted the congestion charge thing is not his fault. All the rest of the stuff he’s messing up (crossrail, policing as two examples) are very much his fault.

It's been explained to you that that's not the case. You might want to re-read the thread.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 515 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:10 - Jan 17 by m14_blue

That’s because you were misled by the Tory candidate’s campaign though, so it’s understandable.

Does it not make you a bit p1ssed off that your party is so blatantly and demonstrably lying to you? Does it make you wonder what else they’ve been lying about?

It was slightly misleading rather than an outright lie. Political spin is nothing new nor unique.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:34 - Jan 17 with 503 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:32 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

It's been explained to you that that's not the case. You might want to re-read the thread.

I have read the thread. I accept the point that has been made that congestion charge is the Tories fault. I do not accept the points made trying to expunge him from blame on crossrail and the police

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:35 - Jan 17 with 499 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:34 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I have read the thread. I accept the point that has been made that congestion charge is the Tories fault. I do not accept the points made trying to expunge him from blame on crossrail and the police

Then you've not really read the thread.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:36 - Jan 17 with 492 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:32 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

It was slightly misleading rather than an outright lie. Political spin is nothing new nor unique.

Weren't you really annoyed at the Guardian for being 'misleading' (which it wasn't) but now you're OK with being misled by a Tory?

Honestly Paz, you'd do yourself a big favour by actually researching things before forming an opinion. It's embarrassing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:37 - Jan 17 with 489 viewsm14_blue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:32 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

Sorry Paz, it was deliberately misleading and he knew full well it was misleading. That’s pretty much the definition of a lie.

You can excuse it if you want, but I think you know what they are really.

If I were you I’d be really annoyed that, if it wasn’t for people on a football message board, I would be completely wrong about my main reason for voting in a really significant election. You can see how easily these untruths spread.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 478 viewsStokieBlue

How is Crossrail all his fault? Can you be precise?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:42 - Jan 17 with 463 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:39 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

SB

I think he has his wires crossed as 'boris' said all this was on track six whole years ago! Shome mishtale shurely?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-32089885

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 453 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you think the Crossrail delays are all Khan’s fault, you need to learn something about Crossrail in the same way you’ve just learnt about the congestion charges

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:53 - Jan 17 with 437 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:39 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

SB

Yes I can.
The drivers that are now being paid to do nothing were employed well into Khan’s tenure. If he had any kind of control of the project whatsoever he would have known the the original opening date would not be met and he would not have employed said drivers to meet that opening date.
As I understand it the issues are all to do with software and signalling. He has had 5 years to get a handle on this and has failed to do so entirely.
Why did it take so long for the delays to become apparent? Surely if 6 months out from opening you have no semblance of a signalling system you can assume you are going to be delayed?!
I live on the line that will become crossrail (tfl rail) There were a load of weekend closures in 2018, we were told put up with this for a few months and you’ll have a shiny new railway. These weekend closures are still very regular now and we still don’t have that shiny new railway ...

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:56 - Jan 17 with 425 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:53 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

Yes I can.
The drivers that are now being paid to do nothing were employed well into Khan’s tenure. If he had any kind of control of the project whatsoever he would have known the the original opening date would not be met and he would not have employed said drivers to meet that opening date.
As I understand it the issues are all to do with software and signalling. He has had 5 years to get a handle on this and has failed to do so entirely.
Why did it take so long for the delays to become apparent? Surely if 6 months out from opening you have no semblance of a signalling system you can assume you are going to be delayed?!
I live on the line that will become crossrail (tfl rail) There were a load of weekend closures in 2018, we were told put up with this for a few months and you’ll have a shiny new railway. These weekend closures are still very regular now and we still don’t have that shiny new railway ...

Johnson only ceded the Crossrail project to Khan in October 2020. So I guess you must be pretty pissed off with 'boris' now, eh?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 9:58]

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 409 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:56 - Jan 17 by footers

Johnson only ceded the Crossrail project to Khan in October 2020. So I guess you must be pretty pissed off with 'boris' now, eh?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 9:58]

I’m sorry, sir but that is just not true

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:03 - Jan 17 with 395 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:00 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I’m sorry, sir but that is just not true

I'm sorry, sir, but it is.

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/10/01/sadiq-khan-takes-control-crossrail/amp/

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:19 - Jan 17 with 359 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:03 - Jan 17 by footers

I'm sorry, sir, but it is.

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/10/01/sadiq-khan-takes-control-crossrail/amp/

I can’t read that because it’s behind a pay wall but see the ‘management and franchise’ section of the below wiki article
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossrail

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 352 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:19 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

I can’t read that because it’s behind a pay wall but see the ‘management and franchise’ section of the below wiki article
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossrail

That doesn't refute anything.

Here's one that isn't behind a paywall: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/sadiq-khan-takes-control-of-crossrail/ar-BB

Now, do you still hold Khan accountable? If so, why? And why not his predecessor?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:29 - Jan 17 with 344 viewseireblue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:26 - Jan 17 by footers

That doesn't refute anything.

Here's one that isn't behind a paywall: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/sadiq-khan-takes-control-of-crossrail/ar-BB

Now, do you still hold Khan accountable? If so, why? And why not his predecessor?

This is a useful quote from an article from October 2020.

“Boris Johnson has ceded control of the delayed Crossrail project to Sadiq Khan as talks with Westminster begin over a major bailout of the capital’s indebted transport system finances.

Andy Byford, who as Transport for London’s commissioner reports to the Mayor of London, will be responsible for delivering the £ 19bn project.

The change removes the influence of the Ministry of Transport, which was jointly responsible with TfL for Crossrail.”
Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:31 - Jan 17 with 334 viewseireblue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:29 - Jan 17 by eireblue

“Boris Johnson has ceded control of the delayed Crossrail project to Sadiq Khan as talks with Westminster begin over a major bailout of the capital’s indebted transport system finances.

Andy Byford, who as Transport for London’s commissioner reports to the Mayor of London, will be responsible for delivering the £ 19bn project.

The change removes the influence of the Ministry of Transport, which was jointly responsible with TfL for Crossrail.”

Here is another useful quote

“ Sadiq Khan’s Transport for London (TfL) has taken control of Crossrail from the Department for Transport as talks continue on additional funding to finish the long-delayed project.”
Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:33 - Jan 17 with 328 viewsHerbivore

But Paz loves the Tories, surely they can't be responsible for the delays and overspend on Crossrail? Surely it's all the fault of the brown fella with the red rosette???? Of course it's not the case either that Khan has had nothing to do with Crossrail either and it's fair to question whether he's handled it as well as he could within the restrictions of his role, however to entirely blame him for it is equally ridiculous when many others are equally or more culpable. But those people are white and where blue rosettes so they tend to escape Paz's blame.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:33 - Jan 17 with 329 views26_Paz

Jointly responsible ...

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:35 - Jan 17 with 326 viewseireblue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:31 - Jan 17 by eireblue

Here is another useful quote

“ Sadiq Khan’s Transport for London (TfL) has taken control of Crossrail from the Department for Transport as talks continue on additional funding to finish the long-delayed project.”

This one is quite useful as well

“ Tony Meggs, chair of Crossrail Ltd, said governance of Crossrail was always intended to move to TfL.”

Paz, have I ever mentioned I work for the Conservatives in the fund raising department.

I’ll PM you some details where you can donate to operation Sunnier Uplands under Boris.
A couple of grand will be fine, but the best people tend to give more.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:39 - Jan 17 with 310 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:33 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

Jointly responsible ...

So why are you entirely blaming Khan then? We've now established that the Tories are responsible for extending the congestion charge and that they are at the very least jointly culpable for Crossrail as well. Why is all your ire directed at Khan and not at the Tories?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 302 viewseireblue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:33 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

Jointly responsible ...

Which bit of this very rude and rather shocking statement, that I have to redact somewhat,

“ Crossrail is an absolute [redacted because rude words are not really welcome on here]”

is not a reflection on incompetent Tory ministers?

Not much nuance there Paz.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024