Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory London Mayor candidate 22:18 - Jan 13 with 12392 viewstractordownsouth

... thinks that homeless people can afford a 5k deposit. EVen by today's standards, that's the most tone deaf political statement I've seen in a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/13/tory-london-mayor-candidate-home

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:08 - Jan 14 with 1317 viewsJ2BLUE

Tory London Mayor candidate on 11:27 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Report me if you think I’m offensive.

It's perfectly possible to be offensive without breaking the rules of posting on here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:09 - Jan 14 with 1317 viewsmrshallisfit

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:03 - Jan 14 by Durovigutum

It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad".

Anyone attempting to empathise, yet alone defend, a "right of centre" view gets many down votes and shouted at.

Yet, this country has seen eleven years of "right of centre" governments - the most recent being as far to the right as since the second Thatcher term.

The Guardian is revered as the truth, yet posts stories as deliberately misleading as this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/13/fisheries-minister-admits-not-r

Yes, this candidate appears to have given a poor answer. Is he out of touch? Maybe, but remember in 2015 when Milliband was asked how many people he knew personally on minimum wage the answer was "none".

And Paz has attempted to bring his view to this subject into this echo chamber. A view I suspect shared by 30%+ of the country. I do wonder why the poor lad bothers sometimes....

these views are not right of centre. They are rabid right-wing. Tony Blair and B Obama are right of centre. Most Tory MPs in Essex are rabid right-wing. There is a difference
Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:10 - Jan 14 with 1316 viewsJ2BLUE

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:16 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Thanks for the info. As I’ve recognised already when I see the word ‘homeless’ I think of a poor unfortunate soul sleeping on the streets. What I’ve read here tells me that homelessness is far broader than that. Whilst I was aware these issues existed I was perhaps unaware of the true extent.
Obviously it ridiculous to suggest that somebody who can’t afford to rent a room could be expected to save £5k.
My original comment was that the headline of the article was an over-simplification of what this gentleman actually said, whilst I stand by that I do recognise that what he said was pretty stupid.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to anybody who has been offended by my words. I would, however, like to point out that my statements were perhaps ignorant of facts rather than ‘odious’ and ‘offensive’.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 12:18]

So this is like universal credit then where you have strong views on something but haven't actually checked your facts?

Truly impaired.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:15 - Jan 14 with 1295 viewsSpruceMoose

It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad".

Anyone attempting to empathise, yet alone defend, a "right of centre" view gets many down votes and shouted at.

Yet, this country has seen eleven years of "right of centre" governments - the most recent being as far to the right as since the second Thatcher term.

The Guardian is revered as the truth, yet posts stories as deliberately misleading as this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/13/fisheries-minister-admits-not-r

Yes, this candidate appears to have given a poor answer. Is he out of touch? Maybe, but remember in 2015 when Milliband was asked how many people he knew personally on minimum wage the answer was "none".

And Paz has attempted to bring his view to this subject into this echo chamber. A view I suspect shared by 30%+ of the country. I do wonder why the poor lad bothers sometimes....

"It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad"."

The best argument to present if you believe this forum is a left wing echo chamber would be one consisting of right wing policy successes. If you would like to present some intelligent, positive right wing policies that haven't been designed to be punish the poorest in society, and have clearly been successful, then I'm sure we would love to hear them and applaud them. There must be some right? Like you say, there's been a decade of right wing rule.

The fact that you're having to go back to 2015 and drag up the ghost of EM to use in a wonderfully out of context way speaks volumes. That EM didn't personally know a person on minimum wage is neither surprising or relevant. The fact that he was honest enough to say that he didn't know anyone is the important part. He didn't waffle and make up a load of guff about people without homes having five thousand pounds in savings.

The 'view' Paz has brought us is woefully uniformed yet wonderfully strident. Not sure why you seek to defend that.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:16]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:18 - Jan 14 with 1251 views26_Paz

Well said mate, they won’t listen, but we’ll said

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:20 - Jan 14 with 1269 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:18 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:21 - Jan 14 with 1231 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:07 - Jan 14 by footers

So, to be clear, are you among your guesstimated 30% of the UK population who think that the homeless can easily get on the London housing ladder?

And no, right-wing views are tolerated on here, as are all views. The problem with the majority of right-wing posters is that they can't string a sentence together or back up their arguments with facts.

Are you writing that with a straight face?
You say right wing views are tolerated and then say right wing people can’t string a sentence together ... wow!

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:21 - Jan 14 with 1258 viewsJ2BLUE

You have literally commented on this and then admitted your opinion is based on ignorance and now you post this.

You wonder why you get stick.

How is your nan now? Been meaning to ask for a few days.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:27 - Jan 14 with 1245 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:21 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Are you writing that with a straight face?
You say right wing views are tolerated and then say right wing people can’t string a sentence together ... wow!

I think he's saying that the people who try and air right wing views on here are generally as thick as two short planks and don't do a very good job of it. The right wing views in and of themselves may well be fine, it's just the people representing them, well, they make a real hash of it.

Let's be honest Paz, the right wing PR team aren't going to be selecting you to make any statements any time soon, are they? Your right wing views consist of unresearched strong opinions that fall apart within three posts, leaving you curled up in a ball muttering that you didn't now what you were talking about anyway so don't deserve any criticism.

As I said to the poster above, if you have some examples of positive, non-punitive right wing policy success stories from the last decade to shut us all up, now would be the time to deploy them.

Tell us, what is great about being a Conservative, and what great feats have they achieved (under circumstances where they didn't have backing from the left, for example, legalising gay marriage)?

Now is your chance to put all us lefties in our place.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:33]

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:28 - Jan 14 with 1236 viewsJ2BLUE

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:27 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

I think he's saying that the people who try and air right wing views on here are generally as thick as two short planks and don't do a very good job of it. The right wing views in and of themselves may well be fine, it's just the people representing them, well, they make a real hash of it.

Let's be honest Paz, the right wing PR team aren't going to be selecting you to make any statements any time soon, are they? Your right wing views consist of unresearched strong opinions that fall apart within three posts, leaving you curled up in a ball muttering that you didn't now what you were talking about anyway so don't deserve any criticism.

As I said to the poster above, if you have some examples of positive, non-punitive right wing policy success stories from the last decade to shut us all up, now would be the time to deploy them.

Tell us, what is great about being a Conservative, and what great feats have they achieved (under circumstances where they didn't have backing from the left, for example, legalising gay marriage)?

Now is your chance to put all us lefties in our place.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:33]

There's also quite a few right of centre posters on here. It's not like everyone is Bernie Sanders.

Truly impaired.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 1232 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:28 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

There's also quite a few right of centre posters on here. It's not like everyone is Bernie Sanders.

Exactly. Paz is just desperate to equate his rabid and quite extremist positions with far more normal and middle of the road posters who tend to rub along pretty well with everyone else.

Name another poster who gets the same amount of flak as Paz (who hasn't been banned for being creepy, abusive or racist). There isn't one.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:36 - Jan 14 with 1194 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:21 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

You have literally commented on this and then admitted your opinion is based on ignorance and now you post this.

You wonder why you get stick.

How is your nan now? Been meaning to ask for a few days.

Doing ok thanks mate.
Seems to be over the Covid but has developed complications. Stomach ulcers and an infection in her throat. Didn’t eat anything for about 2 weeks ... probably hence the stomach issues.
Has started eating again now so things seem to be looking a little better. Still in hospital though.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:07 - Jan 14 with 1179 viewsHerbivore

What a load of old b0llocks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:10 - Jan 14 with 1174 viewsHerbivore

Step out of the echo chamber, Paz. You've been schooled on this thread but sadly schooling doesn't lead to learning where the Paz man is concerned.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:15 - Jan 14 with 1134 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:10 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Step out of the echo chamber, Paz. You've been schooled on this thread but sadly schooling doesn't lead to learning where the Paz man is concerned.

I have admitted where I made shortcomings on this thread. It’s just a shame other can not do likewise.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:18 - Jan 14 with 1152 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:15 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

I have admitted where I made shortcomings on this thread. It’s just a shame other can not do likewise.

Will you be providing us with the pitch for why right wing views deserve more respect on here?

A short list of why you're proud to be a Conservative and the achievements you think the party have made during their time in power would suffice. If you genuinely think this forum is a left wing echo chamber it would be a good way of shutting everyone up, and I for one would be extremely interested to hear your thoughts.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:30 - Jan 14 with 1108 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:18 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

Will you be providing us with the pitch for why right wing views deserve more respect on here?

A short list of why you're proud to be a Conservative and the achievements you think the party have made during their time in power would suffice. If you genuinely think this forum is a left wing echo chamber it would be a good way of shutting everyone up, and I for one would be extremely interested to hear your thoughts.

I will not be doing that, sir, no. The reasons being twofold.
1. Whatever I put you will twist and then a few posts will go back and forth at the end of which I will be abused.
2. I can’t be bothered.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:37 - Jan 14 with 1109 viewsNewcyBlue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:05 - Jan 14 by NewcyBlue

Remember when you rather curtly told me you were against free school meals during holidays because “the clue is in the title”?

Homeless. The clue is in the title.

What’s the matter Pazzers? Not too keen on being on the receiving end?

Since you’ve admitted you have a knowledge gap, I would learn something about homelessness if I were you.

Want to know the shame of being caught sneaking into a gym to shower? Or having the police knock on your car window asking you why you’re sleeping in a car full of stuff in a random car park? And then having the same police officers bring you a hot chocolate the next night because it was cold?

It was probably the most desperate time of my life. If somebody told me to save £5k to a buy a house I would have punched them in the face.

I was lucky that I was training to be an officer in the Merchant Navy. I was on £500 a month. I claimed working tax credits. I didn’t know where else to turn. I was of no fixed abode. Suffolk County Council weren’t interested when my mum died and they kicked me out of the flat as they needed it, and I was only living there part time.

I struggled.

If you want to take away school meals from kids, and think homelessness is only people sleeping in a shop doorway, then you’re as scummy as Boris and his cronies.

Our poor and infirm need us, they need us to help them. In every single way they can. I didn’t ask for help, I rarely got help. If I had known where to turn to for help, I damn well would have.

Needing help is not being weak, it’s not feeding off the state. Needing help is a set of circumstances, usually beyond the control of people.

“Let’s take back control” a favourite Brexit slogan. What they really meant was, let’s give the richest control, and watch the poorest struggle to survive.

I know which group of people I would rather be with and help.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:39 - Jan 14 with 1097 viewsjeera

The Guardian did what?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Victoria+Prentis+faced+calls+for+her+to+quit&

A quick scan through that lot and I can see at least 18 links to the same story. You have any complaints about all of those, or are you singling out one publication thinking you're making a point here?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 16:42]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:45 - Jan 14 with 1077 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:15 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

I look forward to seeing on future threads whether you now educate yourself before jumping in to defend the Blue team. If you don't then it'll demonstrate you've not learnt anything from this.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:49 - Jan 14 with 1071 viewsgiant_stow

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:37 - Jan 14 by NewcyBlue

What’s the matter Pazzers? Not too keen on being on the receiving end?

Since you’ve admitted you have a knowledge gap, I would learn something about homelessness if I were you.

Want to know the shame of being caught sneaking into a gym to shower? Or having the police knock on your car window asking you why you’re sleeping in a car full of stuff in a random car park? And then having the same police officers bring you a hot chocolate the next night because it was cold?

It was probably the most desperate time of my life. If somebody told me to save £5k to a buy a house I would have punched them in the face.

I was lucky that I was training to be an officer in the Merchant Navy. I was on £500 a month. I claimed working tax credits. I didn’t know where else to turn. I was of no fixed abode. Suffolk County Council weren’t interested when my mum died and they kicked me out of the flat as they needed it, and I was only living there part time.

I struggled.

If you want to take away school meals from kids, and think homelessness is only people sleeping in a shop doorway, then you’re as scummy as Boris and his cronies.

Our poor and infirm need us, they need us to help them. In every single way they can. I didn’t ask for help, I rarely got help. If I had known where to turn to for help, I damn well would have.

Needing help is not being weak, it’s not feeding off the state. Needing help is a set of circumstances, usually beyond the control of people.

“Let’s take back control” a favourite Brexit slogan. What they really meant was, let’s give the richest control, and watch the poorest struggle to survive.

I know which group of people I would rather be with and help.

wow, bereaved and homeless - I can't imagine what that must have felt like.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:53 - Jan 14 with 1064 viewsNewcyBlue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:49 - Jan 14 by giant_stow

wow, bereaved and homeless - I can't imagine what that must have felt like.

I was 24. My world fell apart.

I did a lot of stuff I’m not proud of. My career prospects saved me. I was lucky. There are a lot of people that aren’t as lucky right now.

I can’t believe people are saying “let’s not feed them”. It’s disgusting.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:55 - Jan 14 with 1059 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:53 - Jan 14 by NewcyBlue

I did a lot of stuff I’m not proud of. My career prospects saved me. I was lucky. There are a lot of people that aren’t as lucky right now.

You're a good fella, Newcy, and sounds like you've been through a lot in life so far. But you've come out of it a better person for it all, I'm sure.

Hopefully your story and stories like it may soften Paz's attitudes or at least make him have the respect to do some research on such sensitive topics before talking about them.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 17:03]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 17:02 - Jan 14 with 1051 viewsgiant_stow

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:53 - Jan 14 by NewcyBlue

at 24... so young to deal with all that. I fell to pieces for about a year when my Dad passed and I was aged 36, despite having a home and a job. hats off to you mr. genuinely.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 17:03]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tory London Mayor candidate on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1047 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:39 - Jan 14 by jeera

The Guardian did what?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Victoria+Prentis+faced+calls+for+her+to+quit&

A quick scan through that lot and I can see at least 18 links to the same story. You have any complaints about all of those, or are you singling out one publication thinking you're making a point here?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 16:42]

On the plus side it's good to see that our fish are better and happier now Brexit has happened. I was worried about how depressed they were about our continued membership of the EU. Delighted to see that JRM has been out there, surveying our waters and taking a temperature check on the mood of the fish.

Seriously, what kind of abject prick would claim that fish - actual fish - are now better and happier because they are British fish? You either have to be a moron or a shameless bellend to go there, probably a bit of both. And that this was a response to a question about how his government has shafted the fishing industry makes it all the more pathetic.

Screw Jacob Rees-Mogg, screw this Tory government, and screw anyone that supports or voted for them.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 17:53]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024