Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory London Mayor candidate 22:18 - Jan 13 with 12356 viewstractordownsouth

... thinks that homeless people can afford a 5k deposit. EVen by today's standards, that's the most tone deaf political statement I've seen in a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/13/tory-london-mayor-candidate-home

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory London Mayor candidate on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 971 viewsmonytowbray

Well late to this thread, so sorry if it's already being said, but Shaun Bailey is identity politics 101.

"Oh so the Tories are racist and hate poor people do they? Then explain this."

They know full well what they are doing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 953 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 16:30 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

I will not be doing that, sir, no. The reasons being twofold.
1. Whatever I put you will twist and then a few posts will go back and forth at the end of which I will be abused.
2. I can’t be bothered.

If you're too lazy to speak up, then quit crying that your voice is being shouted down.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 17:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tory London Mayor candidate on 05:27 - Jan 16 with 834 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:15 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

"It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad"."

The best argument to present if you believe this forum is a left wing echo chamber would be one consisting of right wing policy successes. If you would like to present some intelligent, positive right wing policies that haven't been designed to be punish the poorest in society, and have clearly been successful, then I'm sure we would love to hear them and applaud them. There must be some right? Like you say, there's been a decade of right wing rule.

The fact that you're having to go back to 2015 and drag up the ghost of EM to use in a wonderfully out of context way speaks volumes. That EM didn't personally know a person on minimum wage is neither surprising or relevant. The fact that he was honest enough to say that he didn't know anyone is the important part. He didn't waffle and make up a load of guff about people without homes having five thousand pounds in savings.

The 'view' Paz has brought us is woefully uniformed yet wonderfully strident. Not sure why you seek to defend that.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:16]

Nobody fancied a crack at this then?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:04 - Jan 16 with 776 viewsBlueRaider

Tory London Mayor candidate on 22:22 - Jan 13 by 26_Paz

Just read the article ... I don’t think he put it quite like that ...

Over hyping headlines is a real problem in my view. Mainstream media have a responsibility to do better

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:41 - Jan 16 with 750 viewsNewcyBlue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:04 - Jan 16 by BlueRaider

Over hyping headlines is a real problem in my view. Mainstream media have a responsibility to do better

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/sep/05/newspapers-publish-anti

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:48 - Jan 16 with 738 viewsStokieBlue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:03 - Jan 14 by Durovigutum

It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad".

Anyone attempting to empathise, yet alone defend, a "right of centre" view gets many down votes and shouted at.

Yet, this country has seen eleven years of "right of centre" governments - the most recent being as far to the right as since the second Thatcher term.

The Guardian is revered as the truth, yet posts stories as deliberately misleading as this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/13/fisheries-minister-admits-not-r

Yes, this candidate appears to have given a poor answer. Is he out of touch? Maybe, but remember in 2015 when Milliband was asked how many people he knew personally on minimum wage the answer was "none".

And Paz has attempted to bring his view to this subject into this echo chamber. A view I suspect shared by 30%+ of the country. I do wonder why the poor lad bothers sometimes....

The issue with this entire post is it assumes that having a view is enough to make it valid and correct.

Unfortunately that is not the case but a myth perpetuated by those with pretty unsavoury views who don't want to engage in the evidence around that viewpoint.

If someone is willing to put forward their view they should be able to defend it when presented with evidence which shows it to be inaccurate. If they can't defend it then a sensible person would modified their position rather than ignoring the evidence and repeating said views at the next opportunity.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:52 - Jan 16 with 735 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:41 - Jan 16 by NewcyBlue

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/sep/05/newspapers-publish-anti

Hang about! 3,000 of Pippa's private photos have been hacked?! Why didn't anyone tell me sooner!

Laters, TWTD. It's going to be a long weekend.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 10:06 - Jan 16 with 712 viewsHARRY10

What seems to be missed here, is that if those who are supposed to be able to save for a deposit are living in temporary accommodation where is that money to come from ?

Almost all families in that sort of accommodation are having their rent paid, or in part, by the government.

So if they are able to save around £100 a week from their total income then surely they are receiving too much money,

Why has no one asked this idiot this pretty basic question ?
Login to get fewer ads

Tory London Mayor candidate on 11:58 - Jan 16 with 666 viewstractordownsouth

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:14 - Jan 16 with 640 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 11:58 - Jan 16 by tractordownsouth

London's a good egg really.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:22 - Jan 16 with 624 viewsleitrimblue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 09:52 - Jan 16 by footers

Hang about! 3,000 of Pippa's private photos have been hacked?! Why didn't anyone tell me sooner!

Laters, TWTD. It's going to be a long weekend.

You planning on drawing 3000 eye patches an moustaches a few black teeth, hairy chins and the odd mole?
Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 622 viewstractordownsouth

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:14 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

London's a good egg really.

I know that Brexit and other factors have turned London more red since 2016, but Goldsmith only lost by 9 points, so a 21 point defeat for Bailey would be a poor result. I feel like if they had a more serious candidate like Rory Stewart they could have at least made it competitive.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:32 - Jan 16 with 601 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:24 - Jan 16 by tractordownsouth

I know that Brexit and other factors have turned London more red since 2016, but Goldsmith only lost by 9 points, so a 21 point defeat for Bailey would be a poor result. I feel like if they had a more serious candidate like Rory Stewart they could have at least made it competitive.

Shows how well Boris did to win it twice

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:37 - Jan 16 with 610 viewsSeablu

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:32 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

Has the pond cleaner turned up?

Didn’t expect you to surface this early.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 573 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:37 - Jan 16 by Seablu

Has the pond cleaner turned up?

Didn’t expect you to surface this early.

Why get nasty? I only said Boris did well to win in London, which the above few posts supports. You don’t have to like him to observe that.
You obviously get your kicks being a nasty little man on the internet so crack on

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 573 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:03 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

Why get nasty? I only said Boris did well to win in London, which the above few posts supports. You don’t have to like him to observe that.
You obviously get your kicks being a nasty little man on the internet so crack on

You just don't get the context Paz. It was a joke!

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 560 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:06 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

You just don't get the context Paz. It was a joke!

Talking of nasty little men ...

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 562 viewsJ2BLUE

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:32 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

It does but that was an act of deception really. He spent a long time creating his public perception. The veil has well and truly slipped now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 562 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:08 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate by 26_Paz 16 Jan 2021 12:32

?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 13:10]

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 552 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:10 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

It does but that was an act of deception really. He spent a long time creating his public perception. The veil has well and truly slipped now.

Some idiots still believe it though. They went all in on a shambling sociopathic liar. They've been well and truly mugged off to such an extent that they'll never admit it now, hence the doubling down.

The one thing he does have going for him in their eyes is his willingness to hurt the people they like to see hurt though.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:50 - Jan 16 with 518 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:08 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

You say you're against name calling but have just called someone a "nasty little man". That's not really on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:52 - Jan 16 with 508 viewsJ2BLUE

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:36 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Doing ok thanks mate.
Seems to be over the Covid but has developed complications. Stomach ulcers and an infection in her throat. Didn’t eat anything for about 2 weeks ... probably hence the stomach issues.
Has started eating again now so things seem to be looking a little better. Still in hospital though.

Good stuff. Hope she feels better and is home soon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:54 - Jan 16 with 498 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:50 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

You say you're against name calling but have just called someone a "nasty little man". That's not really on.

Only in a direct reaction to be called a ‘pond cleaner’ which is one of the more polite things I get called on here but still not particularly nice

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:59 - Jan 16 with 484 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:54 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

Only in a direct reaction to be called a ‘pond cleaner’ which is one of the more polite things I get called on here but still not particularly nice

Where did Spruce say that? You called him a nasty little man in response to him highlighting context, something you yourself have done in the past when defending racism and homophobia.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 14:01 - Jan 16 with 469 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:59 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Where did Spruce say that? You called him a nasty little man in response to him highlighting context, something you yourself have done in the past when defending racism and homophobia.

It was Seablu who called me the pond cleaner. Spruce was encouraging him.
Do you have a pond?

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024