Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Tory misinformation 20:35 - Jan 17 with 1527 viewstractordownsouth

Another conveninetly edited clip of Starmer talking about wanting to scrap Universal Credit. Obviously the caption didn't mention the bit at the end where he said he wanted to replace it with a more generous system. It's been shared by Michael Fabricant and a few others.

Still, at least it's better than that last one that essentially accused Starmer of enabling paedophilia.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

More Tory misinformation on 20:37 - Jan 17 with 1504 viewsJ2BLUE

It's harder to do that with Johnson as he just makes 4-5 random sounds for every actual work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More Tory misinformation on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1393 viewsTieDyedIn95

I don't understand. Why wouldn't anyone vote for someone wanting to scrap one of the Governments biggest failures? If that is an edit, what is the aim, to get people to vote Labour?

Universal Credit has been an abysmal failure.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

More Tory misinformation on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1391 viewsBlueBadger

More Tory misinformation on 22:05 - Jan 17 by TieDyedIn95

I don't understand. Why wouldn't anyone vote for someone wanting to scrap one of the Governments biggest failures? If that is an edit, what is the aim, to get people to vote Labour?

Yes, but THE LABOUR PARTY

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More Tory misinformation on 22:07 - Jan 17 with 1385 viewsSpruceMoose

More Tory misinformation on 22:05 - Jan 17 by TieDyedIn95

Fook the Conservatives, fook their voters, fook their future voters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More Tory misinformation on 22:08 - Jan 17 with 1386 viewsBlueBadger

More Tory misinformation on 22:07 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Fook the Conservatives, fook their voters, fook their future voters.

Woah, woah, woah only terms like 'bum boy' here please.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More Tory misinformation on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 1350 viewstractordownsouth

The official clip is worse. Lying c-units. Genuinely despicable.

More Tory misinformation on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 1303 viewsSpruceMoose

More Tory misinformation on 22:19 - Jan 17 by tractordownsouth

Mugs like [REDACTED] will still swallow it whole knowing full well that it's a lie, because convincing people to vote for their social hooligans will ultimately hurt those they consider to be spongers.

That's all they want.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 22:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More Tory misinformation on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 1300 viewstractordownsouth

More Tory misinformation on 22:31 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Mugs like [REDACTED] will still swallow it whole knowing full well that it's a lie, because convincing people to vote for their social hooligans will ultimately hurt those they consider to be spongers.

That's all they want.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 22:34]

It's as if they've looked at Donald Trump and gone "let's do that"

Thankfully, 90% of the responses on Twitter seem to be people calling out the lies. I know there are more left-wing Twitter uses than right-wingers but the ratio isn't normally so one sided.

Login to get fewer ads

More Tory misinformation on 22:36 - Jan 17 with 1292 viewsSpruceMoose

More Tory misinformation on 22:33 - Jan 17 by tractordownsouth

Thankfully, 90% of the responses on Twitter seem to be people calling out the lies. I know there are more left-wing Twitter uses than right-wingers but the ratio isn't normally so one sided.

Somehow they must have missed what went on last week over here when once upon a time conservative supporters plotted to murder the people they put in office.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 22:37]

More Tory misinformation on 07:27 - Jan 18 with 1145 viewsDarth_Koont

Awful stuff. But sadly all too common in our politics to take something out of context and make the very worst accusation.

After living with UK politics all these years, do you understand this particular irony?

Pronouns: He/Him

More Tory misinformation on 08:06 - Jan 18 with 1107 viewsBlueRaider

This is a trend across politics and across the media. Sensationalist headlines that don't reflect the story if you take the time to read it, editing interviews to take someones words out of context.

To be honest, something needs to be done, it's wrong and it misleads and ultimately poisons the whole thing.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

More Tory misinformation on 08:12 - Jan 18 with 1094 viewsHerbivore

More Tory misinformation on 08:06 - Jan 18 by BlueRaider

This is a trend across politics and across the media. Sensationalist headlines that don't reflect the story if you take the time to read it, editing interviews to take someones words out of context.

To be honest, something needs to be done, it's wrong and it misleads and ultimately poisons the whole thing.

Correction: it's a trend across populist politics and right wing media. This is not an 'all sides' issue, it doesn't take a lot of research to see which side is driving this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More Tory misinformation on 08:20 - Jan 18 with 1082 viewsChurchman

There are considerably more Labour social media users than the blue rinse brigade and Corbyn’s mob used it far more than the tories in the 2017 election. It helped their campaign enormously. The tories seemed to up their game in 2019 and we now have a situation where the politicians now use Twitter etc to endlessly peddle their lies. Trump is on another level of course and we’ve all seen the result there.

I hate it used in this way and politicians who use it. It’s very dangerous, not least because unless a lie is countered within about 20 mins it becomes fact.

As for universal credit I think the idea behind it was fine, but the implementation dreadful. Like ‘care in the community’ which is also a good idea, the Tory motivation was just to save money, it’s plain wrong in 21st century and doomed to hurt the most vulnerable.
More Tory misinformation on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 1034 viewsSouperJim

I don't really understand who the Tories are trying to appeal to here. The vast majority of people on universal credit would be absolutely overjoyed to see it scrapped. I'm one of them.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

More Tory misinformation on 09:19 - Jan 18 with 1018 viewsSomethingBlue

All gleefully retweeted too by "Ipswich's" MP Tom Hunt, whose stream of lies and dogwhistles needs putting in check quickly. He is a bad egg and trying to create a town that, while never perfect, isn't one I remember. I do hope there is some sort of local movement to hold him to account, even from the grassroots, as the EADT/Star don't seem able to. It needs to happen.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More Tory misinformation on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 998 viewsBlueLikeJazz

It's EXACTLY as if they've looked at Donald Trump and gone 'let's do that':

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-activists-trump-wellingborou
More Tory misinformation on 10:10 - Jan 18 with 930 viewsDarth_Koont

More Tory misinformation on 09:21 - Jan 18 by BlueLikeJazz

It's EXACTLY as if they've looked at Donald Trump and gone 'let's do that':

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-activists-trump-wellingborou

This is pre-Trump too. Although you’re probably right that he’s the one who elevated blatant and immediately refutable lying to a head-of-state and government level.

But all this has been road-tested during the Leave campaign as well as Farage’s campaigning before that. And it only works when the media and too many of the public treat politics like entertainment – the bigger the lies the better, and facts become far too boring in comparison.

More Tory misinformation on 22:22 - Jan 18 with 811 viewstractordownsouth

Only 6 Tory MPs defied the whip and voted in favour of the opposition day debate motion. As it doesn’t have impact on legislation, the fact that the Tories abstained sadly doesn’t mean it passes. However, the Tories are accusing Labour of political points scoring and posturing, so no doubt we’ll have a u-turn soon. I really hope so, because £20 a week is f*ck of the government’s budget (I believe 6bn a year is the figure, which is a fraction of what track and trace cost) but for lots of people, they need it to pay their bills and eat.

On a lighter note at least Darth can’t accuse the leadership of not “leading the debate” anymore 😉

More Tory misinformation on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 796 viewsmonytowbray

More Tory misinformation on 10:10 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

This is pre-Trump too. Although you’re probably right that he’s the one who elevated blatant and immediately refutable lying to a head-of-state and government level.

But all this has been road-tested during the Leave campaign as well as Farage’s campaigning before that. And it only works when the media and too many of the public treat politics like entertainment – the bigger the lies the better, and facts become far too boring in comparison.

We are all psyop victims of an oligarch and fascist collective.

Some fall for it, others have to live among it screaming WAKE UP.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More Tory misinformation on 23:30 - Jan 18 with 752 viewsDarth_Koont

More Tory misinformation on 22:22 - Jan 18 by tractordownsouth

Only 6 Tory MPs defied the whip and voted in favour of the opposition day debate motion. As it doesn’t have impact on legislation, the fact that the Tories abstained sadly doesn’t mean it passes. However, the Tories are accusing Labour of political points scoring and posturing, so no doubt we’ll have a u-turn soon. I really hope so, because £20 a week is f*ck of the government’s budget (I believe 6bn a year is the figure, which is a fraction of what track and trace cost) but for lots of people, they need it to pay their bills and eat.

On a lighter note at least Darth can’t accuse the leadership of not “leading the debate” anymore 😉

Indeed. Finally! 😀

We’re still setting the bar a bit low. “Not being Tory” might be a massive win for you but last time I checked, it’s still nowhere near enough.

Hopefully it does lead to a U-turn. And despite being a small amount the reversal of the cut would make a huge difference to many people. But even more I hope it leads to Labour pulling their finger out on a permanent basis to fight for people and communities even more substantially as time goes on.

More Tory misinformation on 23:36 - Jan 18 with 740 viewsreusersfreekicks

More Tory misinformation on 22:19 - Jan 17 by tractordownsouth

Despicable lying sh1ts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024