Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. 08:12 - Jan 22 with 4179 viewstrulyblue

For me it was Newcastle away on Saturday 20th December 1975 with the score ending 1-1, the programme is proudly framed and displayed at home.

Don't even get me started on fans who were born out of season, they may as well watch netball.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:13 - Jan 22 with 1218 viewsgainsboroughblue

My birthday in June has always been a slight irritant to me in that respect. Never seen a Town game on it.

Plenty of all days sessions watching World Cups and Euros though.

On my 11th birthday, John Barnes scored that wonder goal in that friendly in Rio de Janiero. We'd failed to qualify for the Euros.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:15 - Jan 22 with 1214 viewsTJS

I was born the day after the legendary away match at Lazio !
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 1207 viewsChurchman

That’s me doomed, being born in June. England won the test match a couple of days before but that’s about it.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:23 - Jan 22 with 1206 viewsPhilTWTD

Some of you were trying to shake off hangovers after a 1-0 victory over Liverpool when I was being born.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:28 - Jan 22 with 1195 viewsJ2BLUE

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:25 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Some of us are considerate and allow their fathers to go to the game and are then born the next day!

Interestingly, well for me anyway, my sister was born in the 1983/84 season a couple of days after a 5-0 win at home to Stoke, and in the following season I was born the day after a 5-1 home win against Stoke!

EDIT - just checked my Mum and Dad, Dad born a couple of weeks after the end of the season, and Mum born midweek on a Tuesday.....3 days after an away FA Cup win, against Stoke!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 8:27]

Some of us are considerate and allow their fathers to go to the game and are then born the next day!

Agreed! The day after an away 0-0 with Shrewsbury for me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:31 - Jan 22 with 1191 viewsjeera

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:35 - Jan 22 by footers

Cheers, me old fruit. I am celebrating by working. And then I have a nice big bottle of gin for this evening :)

Only just seen this.

Happy Birthday bud!

As for the OP, Town played Man City in the FA Cup twice in 4 days either side of my b'day.

Drawing the first of the ties at their place 1-1 apparently, before being knocked out at PR on Valentine's Day 3-0.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:35 - Jan 22 with 1179 viewslongtimefan

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:04 - Jan 22 by cressi

I was born 18th Feb 61
Same day as The great Bobby Robson
Also the day Ipswich beat Leeds 4-0
Goals Crawford Phillips (2) and Rees

Crikey, Bobby Robson was younger than I thought
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 1172 viewsjeera

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:35 - Jan 22 by longtimefan

Crikey, Bobby Robson was younger than I thought

That's why he struggled a bit when he first came to Town.

Being 8 y/o he still had a little left to learn about creating the best team in the land.

Login to get fewer ads

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 1172 viewsJ2BLUE

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:13 - Jan 22 by gainsboroughblue

My birthday in June has always been a slight irritant to me in that respect. Never seen a Town game on it.

Plenty of all days sessions watching World Cups and Euros though.

On my 11th birthday, John Barnes scored that wonder goal in that friendly in Rio de Janiero. We'd failed to qualify for the Euros.

I've had a 2-0 loss to Wolves and even worse, a losing EA derby on my birthday.

Truly impaired.

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:41 - Jan 22 with 1157 viewsSpruceMoose

Now I have all your birthdays, does anyone want to mention their mother's maiden name at all?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:45 - Jan 22 with 1143 viewsJ2BLUE

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:41 - Jan 22 by SpruceMoose

Now I have all your birthdays, does anyone want to mention their mother's maiden name at all?

Maydup

Truly impaired.

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:48 - Jan 22 with 1137 viewshype313

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:41 - Jan 22 by SpruceMoose

You can have the name of my favourite pet for £14.99.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:02 - Jan 22 with 1112 viewsWeWereZombies

postcodes first, surely?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:05 - Jan 22 with 1104 viewsCoastalblue

Home game against Blackburn for me, finishing in a 1-1 scoreline. We finished 5th in Div 2.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:07 - Jan 22 with 1102 viewsgainsboroughblue

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:02 - Jan 22 by WeWereZombies

postcodes first, surely?

*checks if have contributed to 'first ever car', 'name of first pet' and 'first house bought' threads.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:10 - Jan 22 with 1098 viewstextbackup

spoken to a few blokes over the years that got married on a Saturday lunchtime, made the kick off, and then had reception after!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:12 - Jan 22 with 1092 viewsjeera

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:10 - Jan 22 by textbackup

spoken to a few blokes over the years that got married on a Saturday lunchtime, made the kick off, and then had reception after!

You tested the water on this one didn't you?

Admit it!

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:21 - Jan 22 with 1077 viewstractordownsouth

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:38 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

I've had a 2-0 loss to Wolves and even worse, a losing EA derby on my birthday.

I had the 5-1 defeat at Reading on my 16th. Outside of derby and play off defeats, I think I might be the winner/loser.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 1058 viewsitfcjoe

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:10 - Jan 22 by textbackup

Nothing worse than a wedding invite in football season nervously waiting for the fixtures to come out

I got married during the Euro's, the Saturday before the final as knew there wasn't a 3/4th place play off so definitely wasn't a game on!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 1061 viewsPhilTWTD

I didn't know until recently, my uncle told me, but my dad went to watch Grays Athletic on the afternoon of his wedding day.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 1032 viewsKeno

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:39 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

I didn't know until recently, my uncle told me, but my dad went to watch Grays Athletic on the afternoon of his wedding day.

When I got married down in Hove Ipswich were playing at Palace that day. Thew wedding was arranged for 1pm and my best man and I 'joked' that if the future Mrs Keno was more than 15 mins late we wouldn't hang around we'd go to watch the footie

Several of the family didn't think we joking and got worried as the clocked ticked round to 1.05

(for the record Town won 2-1 with Wark scoring a 75th minute winner which meant we went top of league)

((It was on MOTD and of course I didn't watch it .... honestly ....))

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:52 - Jan 22 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

Typical. Another kick in the teeth for us with Summer birthdays.

Youngest in the year at school, half your friends weren’t around for birthday parties and now my big Ipswich Day is just a friendly against a Leiston XI!!!

It’s stuff like this that made me believe that a better world is possible for all humanity.

Pronouns: He/Him

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 17:14 - Jan 22 with 1002 viewstextbackup

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:12 - Jan 22 by jeera

You tested the water on this one didn't you?

Admit it!

na we go married on a sunday….. went to town vs leeds the day before tho, 2-1 win.

my nephew was born the day scum done us 5-1.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 17:15 - Jan 22 with 996 viewsPhilTWTD

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 16:48 - Jan 22 by Keno

When I got married down in Hove Ipswich were playing at Palace that day. Thew wedding was arranged for 1pm and my best man and I 'joked' that if the future Mrs Keno was more than 15 mins late we wouldn't hang around we'd go to watch the footie

Several of the family didn't think we joking and got worried as the clocked ticked round to 1.05

(for the record Town won 2-1 with Wark scoring a 75th minute winner which meant we went top of league)

((It was on MOTD and of course I didn't watch it .... honestly ....))

Poor scheduling on your part, I have to say. If you'd have arranged the wedding for 11am you could have had it done and dusted so you could take in the game at your leisure.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 17:47 - Jan 22 with 974 viewsKeno

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 17:15 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Poor scheduling on your part, I have to say. If you'd have arranged the wedding for 11am you could have had it done and dusted so you could take in the game at your leisure.

It was a rookie error.

I was young and maybe the priorities were quite right

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024