Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM up to 7th in Championship. 17:10 - Feb 13 with 10344 viewscbower

6 pts off 6th place. It will go Ape in here if he gets them into the Play offs. God help us if they were to go up.

bluescouser

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 13:23 - Feb 14 with 1091 viewsMonkeyAlan

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:53 - Feb 14 by pointofblue

I want to see Cardiff do well whilst Mick is there; I’d love to see him take them up. The treatment of Mick was abysmal by some at the end though he hardly helped matters himself. It was time for him to leave and it was the decisions that were made afterwards which led us to the position we’re in now.

This.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 13:46 - Feb 14 with 1058 viewsrickw

Mick's a good manager, Cardiff have a chance of going up under him.
I wouldn't pay to watch his football though and I enjoy going to Portman Road, hopefully one day we'll have a team playing entertaining football with a bit of success thrown in too!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 14:26 - Feb 14 with 1024 viewsBluefish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 13:03 - Feb 14 by NthQldITFC

What does MM stand for?

So he can be close to the pitch and motivate the team. PL prefers to sit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 14:42 - Feb 14 with 999 viewsstantheman

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:02 - Feb 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

To even compare Mick's time here with Lambert's is laughable. Mick held us in the Championship despite Evans in control. Lambert has got us struggling in a division lower.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:40 - Feb 14 with 953 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:53 - Feb 14 by pointofblue

I want to see Cardiff do well whilst Mick is there; I’d love to see him take them up. The treatment of Mick was abysmal by some at the end though he hardly helped matters himself. It was time for him to leave and it was the decisions that were made afterwards which led us to the position we’re in now.

‘It was time for him to leave’ or ‘his time was up’ are two of the most overused statements by those in denial of the fact MM was driven out by a minority

Maybe this could be Blue Action’s next display?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:43 - Feb 14 with 949 viewsjayessess

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:40 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

‘It was time for him to leave’ or ‘his time was up’ are two of the most overused statements by those in denial of the fact MM was driven out by a minority

Maybe this could be Blue Action’s next display?

"MM was driven out by a minority" is very much a re-write of history.
If attendances had been rising and most fans had been enjoying watching Ipswich Town, it wouldn't have mattered how loud the "numbskulls" had shouted.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:57 - Feb 14 with 929 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:43 - Feb 14 by jayessess

"MM was driven out by a minority" is very much a re-write of history.
If attendances had been rising and most fans had been enjoying watching Ipswich Town, it wouldn't have mattered how loud the "numbskulls" had shouted.

But the numbskulls rhetoric ensured the atmosphere became toxic and contributed to a downward spiral.

Had the crowd got behind the team in a way they did when we went down with a whimper who knows, but I suppose they’ll argue the football was better and they were getting excited of the prospect of ticking off some new grounds
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:59]
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:03 - Feb 14 with 924 viewsjayessess

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 15:57 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

But the numbskulls rhetoric ensured the atmosphere became toxic and contributed to a downward spiral.

Had the crowd got behind the team in a way they did when we went down with a whimper who knows, but I suppose they’ll argue the football was better and they were getting excited of the prospect of ticking off some new grounds
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:59]

Here's a January 2018 poll from here:
Should Mick McCarthy now go as Ipswich manager? by TheBlueBarca 3 Jan 2018 12:52
Is enough, enough?

[poll_2822]

58% wanted him out.

Another local newspaper poll had 80% of respondents wanting him out: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11326160/mick-mccarthy-leaves-ipsw

A majority of Ipswich fans did want McCarthy gone. By the end, he couldn't persuade a majority of the fan base that they wanted to watch his football, so McCarthy went. Not because of an angry minority but because of a frustrated majority.

Majorities are often wrong, but it's certainly the case that there was a majority.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 16:03]

Login to get fewer ads

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:07 - Feb 14 with 913 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:03 - Feb 14 by jayessess

Here's a January 2018 poll from here:
Should Mick McCarthy now go as Ipswich manager? by TheBlueBarca 3 Jan 2018 12:52
Is enough, enough?

[poll_2822]

58% wanted him out.

Another local newspaper poll had 80% of respondents wanting him out: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11326160/mick-mccarthy-leaves-ipsw

A majority of Ipswich fans did want McCarthy gone. By the end, he couldn't persuade a majority of the fan base that they wanted to watch his football, so McCarthy went. Not because of an angry minority but because of a frustrated majority.

Majorities are often wrong, but it's certainly the case that there was a majority.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 16:03]

Cheers for that, it makes me feel my so much better

Remind where we are at the moment in terms of league position. We’re so much better without him
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:09 - Feb 14 with 900 viewshaynes_toe1

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:54 - Feb 14 by Harry_Palmer

"Of course there may be the added benefit of Cardiff beating the scum in the POs"

I would absolutely LOVE it if that happened!

You guys made it sound plausible but it appears there are 18 points between the two teams and there's what, 17 games left?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:10 - Feb 14 with 900 viewsjayessess

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:07 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

Remind where we are at the moment in terms of league position. We’re so much better without him

It wasn't designed to cheer you up.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:04 - Feb 14 with 847 viewsrickw

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 16:07 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

Did you enjoy watching most of matches in his last season or two then?
To you is there nothing like an well organised defence to get your heart racing, or grinding out yet another 0-0 home draw to make you feel like singing his name?!?!?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:28 - Feb 14 with 826 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:04 - Feb 14 by rickw

Did you enjoy watching most of matches in his last season or two then?
To you is there nothing like an well organised defence to get your heart racing, or grinding out yet another 0-0 home draw to make you feel like singing his name?!?!?

I won’t deny that the football was a little turgid at times but given where we are now it was like being at the Nou Camp.

Maybe if the crowd had of got behind the team, those nil-nil’s could’ve been 1-0’s, who knows.

For me style is irrelevant, I’d be more than happy to watch my team win far more than they lose and challenge at the top of the league. If that means gritty 1-0’s I’d be happy. The problem is, modern football fans are obsessed with phone ins and talk sport and feel that you need to win every game playing like Brazil of the 70’s.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:32]
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:30 - Feb 14 with 824 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:28 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

I won’t deny that the football was a little turgid at times but given where we are now it was like being at the Nou Camp.

Maybe if the crowd had of got behind the team, those nil-nil’s could’ve been 1-0’s, who knows.

For me style is irrelevant, I’d be more than happy to watch my team win far more than they lose and challenge at the top of the league. If that means gritty 1-0’s I’d be happy. The problem is, modern football fans are obsessed with phone ins and talk sport and feel that you need to win every game playing like Brazil of the 70’s.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:32]

This is the problem, people have got to stop comparing where we were and where we are now, NO one would have expected us to end up where we are

A solid 90% of this forum were happy with Hurst appointment

It's just a simple case of at that moment in time, a change was needed, sadly it's gone the wrong way just as easy as it could have been a successful change and Hurst got us up and we'd be saying Evans should have got rid of Mick earlier etc etc
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:33]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:44 - Feb 14 with 789 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:30 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

This is the problem, people have got to stop comparing where we were and where we are now, NO one would have expected us to end up where we are

A solid 90% of this forum were happy with Hurst appointment

It's just a simple case of at that moment in time, a change was needed, sadly it's gone the wrong way just as easy as it could have been a successful change and Hurst got us up and we'd be saying Evans should have got rid of Mick earlier etc etc
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:33]

A ‘solid’ 90%? We’ll take your word for that and I’m sure you have a poll to back that up.

You’re correct, a change was needed because our Manager had quit

“It could’ve been a successful change”..... I think it was fairly clear after a few days/weeks after he had sold the best players and replaced them with ‘potential’, the writing was on the wall. I still shudder when I remember Toto and Nolan cost £2m

We swapped a Head chef for the kid who used to wash up and was totally out of his depth
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:45 - Feb 14 with 787 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:44 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

A ‘solid’ 90%? We’ll take your word for that and I’m sure you have a poll to back that up.

“It could’ve been a successful change”..... I think it was fairly clear after a few days/weeks after he had sold the best players and replaced them with ‘potential’, the writing was on the wall. I still shudder when I remember Toto and Nolan cost £2m

We swapped a Head chef for the kid who used to wash up and was totally out of his depth

How do you search for the polls on here?

Actually the manager didn't quit, his contract wasn't being renewed

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:47 - Feb 14 with 779 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:44 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

What had george burley achieved when he joined as manager? besides playing for ipswich and managing colchester for a bit?

We took a gamble with George, it paid off

Hurst was a young upcoming manager, sadly he found his level very quickly, But for the first time in all of Evans's tenure he was at the time a smart choice and one which the fans craved. It could have very easily have gone the other way as quickly as it went the way it did. Hindsight is incredible
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:48]

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:50 - Feb 14 with 774 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:45 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

How do you search for the polls on here?

Actually the manager didn't quit, his contract wasn't being renewed

Not sure but I suspect it’ll be in the same place as the polls that asked ‘is the football better’ or ‘are you looking forward to some new grounds’...... I think they were a ‘solid’ 90% too
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:59 - Feb 14 with 748 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:47 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

What had george burley achieved when he joined as manager? besides playing for ipswich and managing colchester for a bit?

We took a gamble with George, it paid off

Hurst was a young upcoming manager, sadly he found his level very quickly, But for the first time in all of Evans's tenure he was at the time a smart choice and one which the fans craved. It could have very easily have gone the other way as quickly as it went the way it did. Hindsight is incredible
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 17:48]

Did you really just compare Paul Hurst to George Burley

Yes, the were both fairly novice in Management terms but I think George was an ex international, with a distinguished playing career behind him. Plus the fans already had a great deal of respect for him.

Paul Hurst was non league in more ways than one and had one season of near success to his name.

Hardly comparable
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:05 - Feb 14 with 737 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:59 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

Did you really just compare Paul Hurst to George Burley

Yes, the were both fairly novice in Management terms but I think George was an ex international, with a distinguished playing career behind him. Plus the fans already had a great deal of respect for him.

Paul Hurst was non league in more ways than one and had one season of near success to his name.

Hardly comparable

Im not doing a direct comparison no, but both were risks in their own ways

What Im saying is people can't keep saying look where we are now against what we had with Mick as Hurst could have very easily continued his rise up the leagues, he didn't of course and that's sht, but that's the risk you take with any management decision, but just because now is sht, it doesn't mean Mick leaving the club shouldn't have happened.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024