Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM up to 7th in Championship. 17:10 - Feb 13 with 10327 viewscbower

6 pts off 6th place. It will go Ape in here if he gets them into the Play offs. God help us if they were to go up.

bluescouser

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:19 - Feb 13 with 1385 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:15 - Feb 13 by RonFearonsHair

More than likely, though 12th may be a little optimistic.

So let's say we are another two years down the line of mid-table Championship football. Then what happens? Another two year contract for more of the same? Or is 7 years enough?

Like I said, we’re 12th in League 1, and utterly rudderless. Mid table obscurity in the Championship seems like utopia at this moment
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1378 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:18 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

But the the better football and the new grounds....

And there are plans to clean the North Stand roof
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:24]
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 1361 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Im not 7th in the Championship.

Fake news.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:31 - Feb 13 with 1359 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:11 - Feb 13 by Keaneish

Why will it? Good luck to him. Deserves to manage in the PL based on persistence alone. He will have a very nervy wait to see if offered a contract though. Knowing Micks fortunes, they’ll likely offer the job to someone else if he does get them up.

Agreed.

Most fans have moved on from Mick.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:31 - Feb 13 with 1356 viewsGarv

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:37 - Feb 13 by Tangledupin_Blue

"His time was up here" gets stupider with every repetition.

How about "his time was up a year before he actually left"?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:31 - Feb 13 with 1359 viewscbower

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:08 - Feb 13 by stonojnr

so lets get this right MM is 6pts off 6th place, on the same number of games and thats "in contention" for the playoffs.

whilst Town are 5pts off 6th place, with two games in hand on that 6th place, and as far as most people on here seem to think thats Town totally out of contention this season for anything but midtable mediocrity so sack the manager.

Cardiff on a good run. Town in all hut relegation form. Perhaps momentum might be a factor in that?

bluescouser

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:39 - Feb 13 with 1341 viewsmonty_radio

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:07 - Feb 13 by 44_not_out

Whilst I have the upmost respect for Phil or Watson or any local journalists, it doesn’t mean we have to hang on their every word.

While I don't hang on their every word either, the poster to whom I replied mentioned their assertion getting stupider every time it was heard. it might get boring, but it doesn't become less true.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:40 - Feb 13 with 1341 viewsTangledupin_Blue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:57 - Feb 13 by monty_radio

Include Phil in that as well. do you? Or Watson- both of whom have said that?

Anyway, it won't "go ape". Those who won't let it go will go on about it a bit more, and the majority will just grow weary of it in the way that they were when "his time was up".

Incidentally, Mick's reported as saying that this Cardiff side is "the best I've ever inherited".
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:01]

We have a large number of supporters who have a huge sense of self-entitlement. Their constant carping at McCarthy, culminating in the disgraceful incident in the Brentford game, produced such a toxic atmosphere around the club that McCarthy's position became untenable. His "time was up" not for any footballing reasons but because of the entitled tw@ts who do all the shouting.

I suspect that the current situation, specifically Lambert's 5-year-contract, is a direct result of Evans realising the enormous mistake he made in allowing the supporters to drive McCarthy from the club. A signal to the precious know-it-alls on the terraces that he, Evans, will not be forced. again, to go against his better judgment. And it may, yet, turn out to be a good decision though I would say that Lambert is not the same calibre as Mick...It is MM who should have been given a 5 year extension.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:52 - Feb 13 with 1308 viewsjayessess

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:40 - Feb 13 by Tangledupin_Blue

We have a large number of supporters who have a huge sense of self-entitlement. Their constant carping at McCarthy, culminating in the disgraceful incident in the Brentford game, produced such a toxic atmosphere around the club that McCarthy's position became untenable. His "time was up" not for any footballing reasons but because of the entitled tw@ts who do all the shouting.

I suspect that the current situation, specifically Lambert's 5-year-contract, is a direct result of Evans realising the enormous mistake he made in allowing the supporters to drive McCarthy from the club. A signal to the precious know-it-alls on the terraces that he, Evans, will not be forced. again, to go against his better judgment. And it may, yet, turn out to be a good decision though I would say that Lambert is not the same calibre as Mick...It is MM who should have been given a 5 year extension.

Mick's "time was up" because the terraces were increasingly empty, not because they were full of "know-it-alls".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 1302 viewsMattinLondon

So basically if someone disagrees with you they are self-entitled?

I don’t think the club has a right to be in the PL or even the championship but Mick brought about a lot of his own problems. He is far too pigheaded and that is what stops him from having more managerial experience in the PL.

Saying that, the abuse he received here was awful. But in comparison to what he received at other clubs it probably wasn’t as bad.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:33 - Feb 13 with 1253 viewsTrequartista

There was no sign he was getting anywhere near the play-offs again with us, so not sure how it would be relevant.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:40 - Feb 13 with 1247 viewschrismakin

Sorry but that's a load of bulux

It wasn't just a a handful of people singing songs, it was the thousands bored to tears at watching games at PR, attendances of 10-11000 in a stadium built for 30,000

Players of Ipswich past feel the same as town fans, The club should be competing, and when it's not then correctly fans will not be interested, no different to other clubs, especially when those up the road are having a much better time of it over the past 13 years than we have

Mick saved the club from relegation, but after that it all went downhill, that's not the fans fault.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:51 - Feb 13 with 1232 viewsPJH

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:40 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

Sorry but that's a load of bulux

It wasn't just a a handful of people singing songs, it was the thousands bored to tears at watching games at PR, attendances of 10-11000 in a stadium built for 30,000

Players of Ipswich past feel the same as town fans, The club should be competing, and when it's not then correctly fans will not be interested, no different to other clubs, especially when those up the road are having a much better time of it over the past 13 years than we have

Mick saved the club from relegation, but after that it all went downhill, that's not the fans fault.

Quite right, some people on here made up some rubbish about us making the playoffs one season and having top half finishes but, as you say, that never happened.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:52 - Feb 13 with 1231 viewslambchoppywaters

Same MM who told us to F off?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:00 - Feb 13 with 1220 viewsBlueBadger

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:52 - Feb 13 by lambchoppywaters

Same MM who told us to F off?

He didn't tell me to f**k off, because I wasn't singing a moronic song about him at our local rivals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:01 - Feb 13 with 1220 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:51 - Feb 13 by PJH

Quite right, some people on here made up some rubbish about us making the playoffs one season and having top half finishes but, as you say, that never happened.

I think the feeling at the time for a lot of supporters hence the reduction in attendances was despite being comfortable in the championship, it didn't feel like it was going anywhere, games were very tough to watch.

Of course any of us would swap the current situation to be back there again, but that's down to Evans and his recruitment.

The fact is, Mick was a steady manager, he did what he was paid to do and that was save us from relegation. That January when Evans offered him money, he turned it down and didnt' bring any on of extra quality in as he didn't want to upset the team balance and this was his problem, he did not like to take risks. fair enough he's experienced enough, but that lack of risk taking was what ended up costing town a promotion place and therefore Mick began his slow death at ITFC
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 20:03]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:02 - Feb 13 with 1211 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:01 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

I think the feeling at the time for a lot of supporters hence the reduction in attendances was despite being comfortable in the championship, it didn't feel like it was going anywhere, games were very tough to watch.

Of course any of us would swap the current situation to be back there again, but that's down to Evans and his recruitment.

The fact is, Mick was a steady manager, he did what he was paid to do and that was save us from relegation. That January when Evans offered him money, he turned it down and didnt' bring any on of extra quality in as he didn't want to upset the team balance and this was his problem, he did not like to take risks. fair enough he's experienced enough, but that lack of risk taking was what ended up costing town a promotion place and therefore Mick began his slow death at ITFC
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 20:03]

Quite a lot of that isn't really true.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:02 - Feb 13 with 1213 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:00 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

He didn't tell me to f**k off, because I wasn't singing a moronic song about him at our local rivals.

Technically he was as he wasn't looking at a specific person in the away end, he was gesturing towards the away end, so in effect he was swearing at you

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:03 - Feb 13 with 1206 viewsbraveblue

Don’t care.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:03 - Feb 13 with 1205 viewsBlueBadger

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:02 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

Technically he was as he wasn't looking at a specific person in the away end, he was gesturing towards the away end, so in effect he was swearing at you

Swearing at a football match? Man's a monster.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:04 - Feb 13 with 1203 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:02 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Quite a lot of that isn't really true.

Which part

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:04 - Feb 13 with 1202 viewsbraveblue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 17:27 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Hardly surprising, he's a very good manager who will get the best out of the players at his disposal. Pretty much the exact opposite of what we have now.

So how come he took us to our lowest position in 50 years?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:06 - Feb 13 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:04 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

Which part

The narrative you've constructed about that January, there is a tiny kernel of truth to it but it's mostly inaccurate embellishment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:06 - Feb 13 with 1195 viewsbraveblue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:08 - Feb 13 by stonojnr

so lets get this right MM is 6pts off 6th place, on the same number of games and thats "in contention" for the playoffs.

whilst Town are 5pts off 6th place, with two games in hand on that 6th place, and as far as most people on here seem to think thats Town totally out of contention this season for anything but midtable mediocrity so sack the manager.

Absolutely spot on!!
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:08 - Feb 13 with 1196 viewschrismakin

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:06 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

The narrative you've constructed about that January, there is a tiny kernel of truth to it but it's mostly inaccurate embellishment.

It's not, he was offered the funds, he turned them down. Quite simple

Fair enough, he didn't do what Burley did with Sereni and George and upset the dressing room, however by rejecting it, he ruined his biggest chance of getting us up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024