Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM up to 7th in Championship. 17:10 - Feb 13 with 10337 viewscbower

6 pts off 6th place. It will go Ape in here if he gets them into the Play offs. God help us if they were to go up.

bluescouser

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 22:23 - Feb 13 with 1022 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:57 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

What's being revised. Depends what you feel substantial means.

£10mill as you say is a lot of money, but at this club a rediculous amount, and would never happen,

However a few Million for loan fees, wages etc, certainly was available, would have helped, but he chose not to take it, again, that's his choice and at the time he perhaps felt like he did the right thing, however im sure after seeing how the rest of the season went, im sure he wishes he took the offer and went shopping.

There's nothing to make up, it's common knowledge, it's been confirmed. But you seem to want an exact figure, which unless your Evans or Mick themselves, we won't know it.

So you know it was "a few million" now? And Mick just flat out turned it down? That really isn't a very accurate characterisation at all, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 00:42 - Feb 14 with 988 viewsEireannach_gorm

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:04 - Feb 13 by braveblue

So how come he took us to our lowest position in 50 years?

Unlike our current manager then.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 01:33 - Feb 14 with 969 viewshaynes_toe1

Its obvious from this thread why Mick still comes up on here so often.

Its because there's still a subset of fans whos behaviour towards MM was unacceptable, they guaranteed things would be better if Mick left, they shouted down anyone who pointed out maybe Mick was doing a good job with the hand he had been dealt etc etc...

And those fans are still desperate to not accept they might have got things wrong. Did MM have to leave Ipswich? Yeah, his time was running out. But it didn't have to be forced out then and there. That was the responsibility of a proportion of our fanbase alongside the most useless owner in club football when it comes to decision making.

Before hounding Mick out people should have thought about Evans previous choices, his ability to get a manager in who's actually vaguely capable.

On this thread there's people desperately making things up to try and cover the fact they couldn't have got things more wrong if they tried.

I remember, quite clearly, all the MICK IS HOLDING US BACK, WE WILL NEVER ACHIEVE ANYTHING WITH HIM HES A DINOSAUR.

Ironically some of the same posters lapped up PLs arrival, creamed over our relegation because we were 'playing it out from the back', were happy with us losing 3-0 to Norwich and PL making a fool of himself and giving them lot another thing to take the p*ss out of.

Considering how evidently football-blind some of our fans are it can only be a good thing to remind them of MM every now and again.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:17 - Feb 14 with 905 views44_not_out

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 01:33 - Feb 14 by haynes_toe1

Its because there's still a subset of fans whos behaviour towards MM was unacceptable, they guaranteed things would be better if Mick left, they shouted down anyone who pointed out maybe Mick was doing a good job with the hand he had been dealt etc etc...

And those fans are still desperate to not accept they might have got things wrong. Did MM have to leave Ipswich? Yeah, his time was running out. But it didn't have to be forced out then and there. That was the responsibility of a proportion of our fanbase alongside the most useless owner in club football when it comes to decision making.

Before hounding Mick out people should have thought about Evans previous choices, his ability to get a manager in who's actually vaguely capable.

On this thread there's people desperately making things up to try and cover the fact they couldn't have got things more wrong if they tried.

I remember, quite clearly, all the MICK IS HOLDING US BACK, WE WILL NEVER ACHIEVE ANYTHING WITH HIM HES A DINOSAUR.

Ironically some of the same posters lapped up PLs arrival, creamed over our relegation because we were 'playing it out from the back', were happy with us losing 3-0 to Norwich and PL making a fool of himself and giving them lot another thing to take the p*ss out of.

Considering how evidently football-blind some of our fans are it can only be a good thing to remind them of MM every now and again.

A brilliant summary

MM left and all would be well..... cue an exodus of our best players. Don’t worry they said, we need these young, hungry players from the lower leagues (yes my friends, that was Toto, Nolan et al)

We scraped a draw at home to Blackburn and all of a sudden we were Man City. We then saw this banner draped from the top tier of the SBR.... that ended well

Some fans were so much happier that our keeper started playing out from the back stating this is how football should be played. Those same fans are now furious that we should be playing 2 upfront with a 2nd striker playing off a ‘big man’ and we should be getting it forward quicker.

And guess what folks, if MM was installed tomorrow, he’d get us up this season, even with a half fit Skuse and convincing Tabby to come out of retirement
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:45 - Feb 14 with 886 viewsbluejacko

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 01:33 - Feb 14 by haynes_toe1

His bloody contract was up,attendances were dropping like a stone.the fans in the ground were bored sick. Yes he got some stupid stick from a minority of fans but his time here was UP!! The fact of where we are now has sod all to do with his leaving it is the incompetence of our owner to appoint the right man for the job.
It will be the same at Cardiff he will do a good job and then gradually the mood will sour as it does wherever he manages.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:48 - Feb 14 with 884 viewsartsbossbeard

"and this is why no top end championship team would have him as manager"

Twtd forum 13/2/2021

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:59 - Feb 14 with 871 viewsSwansea_Blue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:08 - Feb 13 by stonojnr

so lets get this right MM is 6pts off 6th place, on the same number of games and thats "in contention" for the playoffs.

whilst Town are 5pts off 6th place, with two games in hand on that 6th place, and as far as most people on here seem to think thats Town totally out of contention this season for anything but midtable mediocrity so sack the manager.

Well yes. Because Cardiff’s form is improving and ours is deteriorating. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than than.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:06 - Feb 14 with 867 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 20:00 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

He didn't tell me to f**k off, because I wasn't singing a moronic song about him at our local rivals.

Interesting you’re distancing yourself from the idea of community. An insult on one should be an insult on all. After all, we are a collective group who are referred to as a group, not as individuals.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:09 - Feb 14 with 854 viewsBluefish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:06 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Interesting you’re distancing yourself from the idea of community. An insult on one should be an insult on all. After all, we are a collective group who are referred to as a group, not as individuals.

Rubbish. Those singing songs with norwich at carrot Road were a community with norwich not us. Mick stood with the ipswich community in telling them to FO

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:27 - Feb 14 with 828 viewsMonkeyAlan

Good manager. Should never have been forced out like he was. Look where we are now thanks to the numb skulls.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:29 - Feb 14 with 831 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:59 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

Well yes. Because Cardiff’s form is improving and ours is deteriorating. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than than.

We achieved out worst league in position in 60+ years last season, we’ve eclipsed that this season. Only one way this story is going until there’s drastic change at this football club.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:30 - Feb 14 with 829 viewsbluejacko

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:27 - Feb 14 by MonkeyAlan

Good manager. Should never have been forced out like he was. Look where we are now thanks to the numb skulls.

Talk about rewriting history😂
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:31 - Feb 14 with 823 viewsMonkeyAlan

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:08 - Feb 13 by stonojnr

so lets get this right MM is 6pts off 6th place, on the same number of games and thats "in contention" for the playoffs.

whilst Town are 5pts off 6th place, with two games in hand on that 6th place, and as far as most people on here seem to think thats Town totally out of contention this season for anything but midtable mediocrity so sack the manager.

A division above us. Does that help?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:31 - Feb 14 with 827 views44_not_out

Rubbish...... the numbskulls created their own community
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 817 viewsMonkeyAlan

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:30 - Feb 14 by bluejacko

Talk about rewriting history😂

No rewriting. That's the truth. Week after week he got abuse. Then when he gave it back the numb skulls cried like babies.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:40 - Feb 14 with 812 viewsHerbivore

The fans chanting against our team at Carrow Road in unison with the Norwich fans do not represent me or any community I would want to be a part of.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:45 - Feb 14 with 798 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 19:51 - Feb 13 by PJH

Quite right, some people on here made up some rubbish about us making the playoffs one season and having top half finishes but, as you say, that never happened.

Yes he got us in the play-offs once, scraping in on the last day.

These lauded 'top half finishes' whilst playing dull anti-football don't actually achieve anything though, do they?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:46 - Feb 14 with 792 viewsjas0999

Good luck to him. He left the club a long time ago. He’d have probably got us up if Evans had invested at the levels required at the right times.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:08 - Feb 14 with 755 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:40 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

The fans chanting against our team at Carrow Road in unison with the Norwich fans do not represent me or any community I would want to be a part of.

You represent them and they represent you unfortunately, it’s been that way since the inception of football. You might not agree with what happened, I certainly don’t but a flippant reaction back to a crowd of 2,000 is a reaction to a collective, not individuals and should be treated that way. I think the glib apology after was equally as ill advised in my view but there we have it.

The simple truth is that when you turn on a collective whether a fan base (McCarthy), players (Keane and Hurst) or the media (Lambert), you’re lost and there’s only one outcome.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:12 - Feb 14 with 744 viewsBlueBadger

I want nothing to do with a community that sings songs dissing our manager at Norwich or chants about him touching kids. If you were upset about these t0ssers getting a bit of their own back, you're as bad as them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:12 - Feb 14 with 745 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 09:31 - Feb 14 by 44_not_out

Rubbish...... the numbskulls created their own community

...and who are the “numbskulls”? It’s an illusionary title given to faceless individuals that people appropriate blame too. An imaginary group of scapegoats used as a benchmark to socially distance or gain a greater moral victory over. Bottom line is, and the only thing you know about them is, they’re Town fans. Distancing yourself from the one of the few communities you genuinely belong to based on supposition is bizarre in my view.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:19 - Feb 14 with 736 viewsTangledupin_Blue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 08:45 - Feb 14 by bluejacko

His bloody contract was up,attendances were dropping like a stone.the fans in the ground were bored sick. Yes he got some stupid stick from a minority of fans but his time here was UP!! The fact of where we are now has sod all to do with his leaving it is the incompetence of our owner to appoint the right man for the job.
It will be the same at Cardiff he will do a good job and then gradually the mood will sour as it does wherever he manages.

"The fact of where we are now has sod all to do with his leaving."

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:29 - Feb 14 with 726 viewsbluejacko

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:12 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

...and who are the “numbskulls”? It’s an illusionary title given to faceless individuals that people appropriate blame too. An imaginary group of scapegoats used as a benchmark to socially distance or gain a greater moral victory over. Bottom line is, and the only thing you know about them is, they’re Town fans. Distancing yourself from the one of the few communities you genuinely belong to based on supposition is bizarre in my view.

Are but the ‘great man’ called them numskulls so it’s got to be true!
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:39 - Feb 14 with 705 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:08 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

You represent them and they represent you unfortunately, it’s been that way since the inception of football. You might not agree with what happened, I certainly don’t but a flippant reaction back to a crowd of 2,000 is a reaction to a collective, not individuals and should be treated that way. I think the glib apology after was equally as ill advised in my view but there we have it.

The simple truth is that when you turn on a collective whether a fan base (McCarthy), players (Keane and Hurst) or the media (Lambert), you’re lost and there’s only one outcome.

I think the fact that more than one person disagrees with your take suggests that we aren't a unified collective. You may have seen it as a gesture against all fans, I certainly didn't and nor did many others, just like I didn't see our fans chanting with the Norwich as representing all of us, or the fans calling Mick a nonce representing all of us. You're stating your opinion as though it's an uncontestable fact and it simply isn't.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:42 - Feb 14 with 699 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:29 - Feb 14 by bluejacko

Are but the ‘great man’ called them numskulls so it’s got to be true!

He was right to be fair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024