Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most of the money from a pension fund????? 17:07 - Feb 26 with 3839 viewsnodge_blue

No thanks.

Pension funds definitely don't care about anything other than returns on investments.

This could be worse than Evans.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:51 - Feb 26 with 1344 viewsNthQldITFC

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:15 - Feb 26 by BlueWorldOrder

Which they could do for how cheaply they bought it assuming we got promoted. My concern is they have left it too late for this season as we ideally need a new manager and a new centre forward.

The value to a new owner of a reasonable crack at possible promotion this season, must surely outweigh any settlement costs for departing staff.

Given the narrow margin for making the play-offs, I'd personally jump in with a few million to get Lambert out and Cook in TODAY.

If the sale is essentially agreed, but waiting for the intricacies to be dealt with, couldn't they bung Evans a bit extra to resolve it immediately?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 17:54]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:54 - Feb 26 with 1338 viewsKeno

posted on another thread

taking a Idaho as a random US state firmans pension fund

https://www.persi.idaho.gov/docs/employers/gasb/PERSI-GASB-68-2020-Allocation-Re

They has assets worth over $400,000,000 so whatever they have done to fund the purchase is just a very small part of their portfolio and I would suspect its some kind of loan arrangement

$10,000,000 over 20 years with a 9% interest rate.

The the pension needs the money the debt can be sold on or it the opportunity it can be repaid early

If will be low risk to the pension

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 1328 viewsJ2BLUE

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:41 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

A consortium of relative nobodies who need pension fund money to make a purchase.

This is all great.

And we think that the club is detached from the fanbase now?

Who says they need it? Borrowing is cheap at the moment. In fact, if inflation outpaces the low cost of borrowing they are essentially borrowing for free.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:01 - Feb 26 with 1311 viewsnodge_blue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:54 - Feb 26 by Keno

posted on another thread

taking a Idaho as a random US state firmans pension fund

https://www.persi.idaho.gov/docs/employers/gasb/PERSI-GASB-68-2020-Allocation-Re

They has assets worth over $400,000,000 so whatever they have done to fund the purchase is just a very small part of their portfolio and I would suspect its some kind of loan arrangement

$10,000,000 over 20 years with a 9% interest rate.

The the pension needs the money the debt can be sold on or it the opportunity it can be repaid early

If will be low risk to the pension

But thats a big contrast to today.

Evans gives the club money that in effect never gets repaid.

pension fund gives the club money that has to be repaid with interest.

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:02 - Feb 26 with 1299 viewsJ2BLUE

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:01 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

But thats a big contrast to today.

Evans gives the club money that in effect never gets repaid.

pension fund gives the club money that has to be repaid with interest.

Which we can't repay unless we're in the Prem.

Evans has led us on a massive decline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:03 - Feb 26 with 1296 viewslowhouseblue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:57 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Who says they need it? Borrowing is cheap at the moment. In fact, if inflation outpaces the low cost of borrowing they are essentially borrowing for free.

i can't believe you get to borrow cheaply for something like this- unless the consortium is providing some serious security.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:12 - Feb 26 with 1271 viewsSpruceMoose

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:41 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

A consortium of relative nobodies who need pension fund money to make a purchase.

This is all great.

And we think that the club is detached from the fanbase now?

Who were you hoping for? Ed Sheeran or Godolphin?

This was always going to be the likely route we would have to take to find a new owner.

Let's just wait to hear some details before we all lose our damn minds!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:17 - Feb 26 with 1248 viewsnodge_blue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:12 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Who were you hoping for? Ed Sheeran or Godolphin?

This was always going to be the likely route we would have to take to find a new owner.

Let's just wait to hear some details before we all lose our damn minds!

Thats a fair comment about hearing from them before forming an opinion.

Maybe Im being harsh in my knee jerk reaction.

But my instinct says this isn't better.

id quite like Evans to give the club back to the fans.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 18:17]

Login to get fewer ads

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:19 - Feb 26 with 1237 viewsjas0999

Worse than Evans? Really. The bloke has taken us to mid table league one. These people will invest to get us promoted. Evans hasn’t invested in the playing squad for years. On the contrary he sold our best players for a transfer profit to offset his so called annual investment.
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:23 - Feb 26 with 1219 viewsMrTown

99% of football owners are looking for a return on investment.

Let’s await further details regarding finances/plans before we jump to any conclusions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:26 - Feb 26 with 1204 viewsnodge_blue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:19 - Feb 26 by jas0999

Worse than Evans? Really. The bloke has taken us to mid table league one. These people will invest to get us promoted. Evans hasn’t invested in the playing squad for years. On the contrary he sold our best players for a transfer profit to offset his so called annual investment.

Maybe you're right.

I am just not inspired.

Ultimately Jimmy Hopper pension funds are ok if we get success on the pitch. Its all about the people they employ.

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:36 - Feb 26 with 1186 viewsreusersfreekicks

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:17 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

Thats a fair comment about hearing from them before forming an opinion.

Maybe Im being harsh in my knee jerk reaction.

But my instinct says this isn't better.

id quite like Evans to give the club back to the fans.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 18:17]

Yeah but that's idealistic hogwash really isn't it
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:12 - Feb 26 with 1161 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Remember that pension funds tend to have a really broad risk portfolio. Overall relatively low but with a lot of variation within.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:16 - Feb 26 with 1148 viewsHARRY10

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:12 - Feb 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Anyone buying the club will want to see a return.

A personal buyer is able to decide himself. whereas pension fund trustees have a legal obligation

quite a different position
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:17 - Feb 26 with 1145 viewsKeaneish

Er...thats all any investor cares about; it’s what investment means!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:18 - Feb 26 with 1141 viewsHARRY10

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 17:17 - Feb 26 by snudge27

I suppose the big question is how the money is coming from the pension fund.

Are they buying the club in the traditional sense of the word, or would they be loaning the money to the consortium over a fixed period of time at a fixed rate of interest?

the latter, were this to happen
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:23 - Feb 26 with 1124 viewsFunge

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:18 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

the latter, were this to happen

Look, Harry, all of us stamping our 'little feet' might have got what we want.

How about that?
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:25 - Feb 26 with 1116 viewsBloomBlue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:16 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

A personal buyer is able to decide himself. whereas pension fund trustees have a legal obligation

quite a different position

Do pension fund trustees have a legal obligation in the US?

I know they do in the UK, but I don't know the US rules
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:32 - Feb 26 with 1094 viewsHARRY10

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:19 - Feb 26 by jas0999

Invest..... how ?

Bring in better players, who will require better wages. '

If we can't achieve much with the wage bill we have had for years under a different manager then how will we achieve better when we are likely to see one of the biggest wage cuts in the league ?

I think your last sentence explains how money will be generated to pay the interest on the loan, as there won't be any rolling over of interest payments into the overall debt.
Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:53 - Feb 26 with 1075 viewsnodge_blue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 18:36 - Feb 26 by reusersfreekicks

Yeah but that's idealistic hogwash really isn't it

i've never washed any hogs myself so couldn't say.

Do you think an idealistic hogwash would be one where you don't have to actually scrub the hog and it just magically cleans itself?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 19:55]

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 09:32 - Feb 27 with 1018 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 19:32 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

Invest..... how ?

Bring in better players, who will require better wages. '

If we can't achieve much with the wage bill we have had for years under a different manager then how will we achieve better when we are likely to see one of the biggest wage cuts in the league ?

I think your last sentence explains how money will be generated to pay the interest on the loan, as there won't be any rolling over of interest payments into the overall debt.

"how will we achieve better when we are likely to see one of the biggest wage cuts in the league ? "

Again - The wage cap has been scrapped do keep up with the news dear boy if you are going to constantly shout people down.

We won't have a wage cut at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Most of the money from a pension fund????? on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 990 viewsBoy_Railey

Feeling for and reaching out to American firefighters this morning. After years of unblemished, selfless and heroic service, always putting The Public above their own needs. They have been reduced to relying on the Ipswich results for financial security in their sunset years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024