Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook 18:59 - Feb 26 with 2661 viewsBelsteadCav

Is a bit of a let down, doesn’t fill me with much hope.

But Joey Barton did say “ any half decent manager should be able to get Ipswich promoted “

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:02 - Feb 26 with 2318 viewsMattinLondon

And Keane said that anyone can get a team in the middle of the championship. He was wrong, Barton is a gobsh**te and Cook is a good manager.
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 2302 viewsLord_Lucan

I was just speaking with Pint of Wine Paul and he sort of knows his stuff and really rates him.

I'm unconvinced but Barton had a point.

I didn't realise Cook played for Norwich.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:04 - Feb 26 with 2271 viewsTheBoyBlue

Who were you expecting? Klopp? Pochettino? Or Roy Keane?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:04 - Feb 26 with 2252 viewsWD19

Fortunately for us all, you are wrong.

He is perfect for us right now.
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:06 - Feb 26 with 2202 viewsgtsb1966

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:03 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I was just speaking with Pint of Wine Paul and he sort of knows his stuff and really rates him.

Everyone's happy and you had to put that last sentence in. Go stick your head in the oven!!!!
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:09 - Feb 26 with 2145 viewsjeera

I'm more concerned about the possibilities of this take-over and the unknown there than I am about Cook, who has to be quite some upgrade on what we have atm.

Hopefully, the new owner[s] will take the time to understand the club and the people who have spent entire lifetimes following it, those who lived and died long before us, as well as those who have helped to prop it up ever since.

And to appreciate the younger generations who haven't had much to shout about but have still bizarrely - and credit to them - chosen a club that somehow fitted their own values, as opposed to some world famous, high-flying, big club that wins everything by default.

Showing a bit of respect for all those fans would be a great foundation from which to work.

Who knows huh?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:09 - Feb 26 with 2136 viewsChurchman

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:04 - Feb 26 by TheBoyBlue

We would do well to find anyone worse than 4 of the last 5 managers. It’s the mother of all low bars.
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:11 - Feb 26 with 2096 viewsjeera

PoWP is speaking to you again then?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:11 - Feb 26 with 2086 viewsFunge

Look who he is replacing.

I'd honestly take Mary Berry, Monty Panesar or Hamburglar over Lambert right now.

Paul Cook is a great improvement.
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:11 - Feb 26 with 2084 viewsBloomBlue

It does show a lack of ambition, it's like being hopeful of Tenderloin and you end up Brisket
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:14 - Feb 26 with 2013 viewstextbackup

believe paul cook loves a drink too, is he pint of wine paul?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:17 - Feb 26 with 1973 viewsWallingford_Boy

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:04 - Feb 26 by TheBoyBlue

No, but Danny Cowley would have been nice.

RIP Sir Bobby

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:19 - Feb 26 with 1930 viewsLord_Lucan

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:11 - Feb 26 by jeera

PoWP is speaking to you again then?

Yes, he apologised for his awful behaviour and I accepted.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:25 - Feb 26 with 1856 viewsDarth_Koont

Why’s that?

I’m genuinely interested as I know very little about him apart from that there are few managers with such a consistent record of sorting out clubs at our level and getting them promoted. In fact, he seems to have left every club in a better position than when he took over (notwithstanding the Wigan relegation which he had little to do with).

But you might have a good point if whatever he is doing won’t work with us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:25 - Feb 26 with 1852 viewsjeera

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:19 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, he apologised for his awful behaviour and I accepted.

Good to hear!

You are very forgiving.

And he is clearly a humble man.

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:30 - Feb 26 with 1784 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:32 - Feb 26 with 1755 viewsBloomBlue

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:30 - Feb 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

and has a Norwich connection and went to Germany on holiday once
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:32 - Feb 26 with 1744 viewsMrTown

Paul Cook is a fantastic appointment for us, absolutely first class.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:34 - Feb 26 with 1730 viewsBlueNomad

I heard the consortium is so loaded Pep is coming
Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:38 - Feb 26 with 1683 viewsLord_Lucan

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:25 - Feb 26 by jeera

Good to hear!

You are very forgiving.

And he is clearly a humble man.

That's a fair take Jeera.

POWP is ok, in fact he is an extremely knowledgable person but he was always on the scene and sometimes you just want to be alone.

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:43 - Feb 26 with 1608 viewsWallingford_Boy

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:32 - Feb 26 by MrTown

Paul Cook is a fantastic appointment for us, absolutely first class.

A short term one though I’d say. But if he gets us out of this league, I’llbe happy.

RIP Sir Bobby

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 1550 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not inspired by the idea, must admit. I'd love us to unearth a new rising star instead, but that's obviously a lot harder. Maybe if we have some people who know what they are doing running the club it could be a possibility though.

Cook is a steady Eddie. He's been around for a while and knows his onions, but he's also never set the football world alight. It's all been lower league stuff. We may as well go for someone like Kenny Jackett. There are probably countless others too who would get us out of this league. Solid, but dull.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 1389 viewspointofblue

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 19:25 - Feb 26 by Darth_Koont

Why’s that?

I’m genuinely interested as I know very little about him apart from that there are few managers with such a consistent record of sorting out clubs at our level and getting them promoted. In fact, he seems to have left every club in a better position than when he took over (notwithstanding the Wigan relegation which he had little to do with).

But you might have a good point if whatever he is doing won’t work with us.

" In fact, he seems to have left every club in a better position than when he took over"

Not to be the harbinger of doom but I think Hurst could say the same thing when he joined us.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 21:01]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 1362 viewsCokeIsKey

If anyone thinks Paul Cook plays boring football, watch these goals and compare them with the dross we’ve been served up under lambert. The one at 9:29 was especially satisfying to watch.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Happy with the take over.... but, Paul Cook on 21:16 - Feb 26 with 1258 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I genuinely don't know and Cook's wiki page seems to have crashed so where does his Norwich record stand?

Is he like Holt/Fleck hero status, a high appearance but not very well remembered player or someone more like Kane who was on loan there for a little while but did nothing with them?

And what position did he used to play?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024