Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow 22:57 - Feb 26 with 4147 viewsurbanblue

With everything going on the situation is surely untenable.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:00 - Feb 26 with 3678 viewsChurchman

I hope he isn’t. If he’s on his way, there’s no point.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 3638 viewsWD19

He has to be. He has a contract that he wants others to honour.

So he will be there.....but behave like a bell.....as usual.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:09 - Feb 26 with 3584 viewscatch74

I do just wonder if he was told before the last couple of games and he’s thought it’s a bit of an opportunity. He’s been a lot more animated, he’s maybe thought about how to win against the opposition etc.
The Paul Cook thing is interesting too - would a new group not want to interview a number of candidates. He’s obviously interested but the Cowleys have kept themselves to themselves, having also been linked with the job. Wonder if that side of things is done and dusted.
Finally - who did the tweet about the caretaker role, said there was interesting stuff likely to happen (was it on the BM podcast? - read/watched so much stuff recently, I can’t remember!)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:13 - Feb 26 with 3531 viewsStokieBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:03 - Feb 26 by WD19

He has to be. He has a contract that he wants others to honour.

So he will be there.....but behave like a bell.....as usual.

If he is leaving anyway then no reason not to put him on gardening leave and have Dyer manage the team until the takeover.

It costs nobody any money as he will still be employed until the takeover when the new owners can pay him off.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:17 - Feb 26 with 3492 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd have thought he would. He'll be here until the buyout happens, assuming it does.

I'm not going to worry about it. This season has gone, as either Evans has been waiting or distracted by what's happening. The team have been left to Lambert with little oversight in the meantime. It's not his fault - he was employed t do his job and his employers is obviously happy enough (or distracted/couldn't care enough) to not make a change. The rest of the season is just for pride with all the old guard. Changes in the summer I expect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:23 - Feb 26 with 3421 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:00 - Feb 26 by Churchman

I hope he isn’t. If he’s on his way, there’s no point.

But there's no way obvious way it'll change. IF we're being taken over, Evans will only be worrying about that. He's slow at the best of times and now has no reason to change (from his perspective), unless there's a clause in the takeover deal which means they have to pay more if we go up. If not, what does it matter to Marcus?

I may be way wide of the mark here, but I think Evans has given up with the team. We'll be stuck as we are until the takeover is confirmed (no idea how long that will take).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:26 - Feb 26 with 3399 viewscatch74

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:17 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

I'd have thought he would. He'll be here until the buyout happens, assuming it does.

I'm not going to worry about it. This season has gone, as either Evans has been waiting or distracted by what's happening. The team have been left to Lambert with little oversight in the meantime. It's not his fault - he was employed t do his job and his employers is obviously happy enough (or distracted/couldn't care enough) to not make a change. The rest of the season is just for pride with all the old guard. Changes in the summer I expect.

That’ll then be a year since Cook left Wigan (July 2020) so maybe when his compensation payment becomes redundant!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:28 - Feb 26 with 3389 viewsurbanblue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:17 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

The season hasn't quite gone yet though has it. Lambert has now reportedly had a row with Evans now as well. He's now fallen out with just about everybody and now has no incentive whatsoever to do his job. As I said it's completely untenable.

The one thing we all have going for us is that the players are obviously happy with the developments and are trying again!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:29 - Feb 26 with 3373 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He will be there irrespective what is going on. Untenable or not would you walk away from 3 years wages? Would you? Really?

Our so called 'saviour' handed him a long term contract last year so the conclusion is simple. The money talks.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:35 - Feb 26 with 3338 viewsurbanblue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:29 - Feb 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

He will be there irrespective what is going on. Untenable or not would you walk away from 3 years wages? Would you? Really?

Our so called 'saviour' handed him a long term contract last year so the conclusion is simple. The money talks.

I'm not saying he would be sacked before the game tomorrow. Just taken off first team duties while details of him leaving are ironed out.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:38 - Feb 26 with 3311 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:35 - Feb 26 by urbanblue

I'm not saying he would be sacked before the game tomorrow. Just taken off first team duties while details of him leaving are ironed out.

He will be with us as long as Evans is with us. Simple. Evans ain't interested in admitting his mistake from last year and paying him off.

The money talks.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:39 - Feb 26 with 3296 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:44 - Feb 26 with 3268 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:39 - Feb 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The fraud will be either desperate to cling on to his contract or force a pay off. In a meantime he'll keep waffling about Celtic.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:47 - Feb 26 with 3243 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:13 - Feb 26 by StokieBlue

If he is leaving anyway then no reason not to put him on gardening leave and have Dyer manage the team until the takeover.

It costs nobody any money as he will still be employed until the takeover when the new owners can pay him off.

SB

If the takeover doesn't go through for another month there may be a break clause triggered. That might explain why Lambert was so pissed off when meeting Evans. He knows he's going and he wants the full pay off where as the owners are giving him enough rope to hang himself?

IF there is a break clause close to being triggered it would explain why he's still here. Both Evans and the new owners would want to pay the smaller amount. It will be interesting to see if Lambert goes full tilt trying to get sacked before it triggers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:51 - Feb 26 with 3206 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:13 - Feb 26 by StokieBlue

SB

Takeover (officially) will be weeks away yet I assume, depending how long fit and proper test takes too?

Fear we have Lambert for much longer than we want yet
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:54 - Feb 26 with 3183 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:51 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

Takeover (officially) will be weeks away yet I assume, depending how long fit and proper test takes too?

Praying it's not beyond this season as we can forget this one in terms of promotion.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 00:30 - Feb 27 with 3073 viewsStokieBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:51 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

That doesn't make any difference though.

The wages paid out are the same unless the takeover doesn't happen and he has to stay on the books.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 00:48 - Feb 27 with 3027 viewsKropotkin123

I don't see why ME would fire a manger and incur those costs, if he is selling in a month.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 01:18 - Feb 27 with 2984 viewspointofblue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 00:48 - Feb 27 by Kropotkin123

I don't see why ME would fire a manger and incur those costs, if he is selling in a month.

Might be a condition of the sale, so the new owners don't have to splash out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 05:23 - Feb 27 with 2812 viewsBonchosBicycle

He'll stay and be happy to until (assuming any of this happens) the new owners let him go. Then he won't have been let go for being not very good, just a change of ownership led to him moving on. I'm not sure how much of a future he has, or wants, in football after this but it looks a little better on the resume.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 7:31]
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 06:28 - Feb 27 with 2735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 00:48 - Feb 27 by Kropotkin123

To you and Mach - no-one's talking about paying him off right now. Obviously that's not in ME's interests if he's selling up anyway. But if the new people want their own man in (Cook) they won't want the current incumbent ruining their new toy... so part of the deal would be to put him on gardening leave.

It's a reasonable suggestion - and as Stokie and others have said, his position is untenable really. If the manager knows he's done here, will he really put the effort in?

However, to the OP - the fact that he did the press conference suggests he will be here for Donny at least.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 06:57 - Feb 27 with 2662 viewsBloomBlue

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 06:28 - Feb 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

To you and Mach - no-one's talking about paying him off right now. Obviously that's not in ME's interests if he's selling up anyway. But if the new people want their own man in (Cook) they won't want the current incumbent ruining their new toy... so part of the deal would be to put him on gardening leave.

It's a reasonable suggestion - and as Stokie and others have said, his position is untenable really. If the manager knows he's done here, will he really put the effort in?

However, to the OP - the fact that he did the press conference suggests he will be here for Donny at least.

But put him on gardening leave for what reason? We don't know his contract if it's based on winning promotion it is still mathematically possible.

And I think he would have an excellent case in a court of law for breach of contract against the club.....'he was put on gardening leave because someone might buy the club in the future'.
I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 07:17 - Feb 27 with 2598 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 06:57 - Feb 27 by BloomBlue

But put him on gardening leave for what reason? We don't know his contract if it's based on winning promotion it is still mathematically possible.

And I think he would have an excellent case in a court of law for breach of contract against the club.....'he was put on gardening leave because someone might buy the club in the future'.

You know what gardening leave is don't you? He still gets the same money, he's just taken away from the first team.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 07:27 - Feb 27 with 2549 viewshype313

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 23:47 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

If the takeover doesn't go through for another month there may be a break clause triggered. That might explain why Lambert was so pissed off when meeting Evans. He knows he's going and he wants the full pay off where as the owners are giving him enough rope to hang himself?

IF there is a break clause close to being triggered it would explain why he's still here. Both Evans and the new owners would want to pay the smaller amount. It will be interesting to see if Lambert goes full tilt trying to get sacked before it triggers.

This.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I'm genuinely wondering if Lambert will be there tomorrow on 08:03 - Feb 27 with 2389 viewsgordon

Absolute classic ITFC would be if he went on gardening leave now, we put Butcher / Dyer in place as caretakers but they don't do much better, then the takeover fell through, and Evans didn't want to pay him off, he doesn't want to resign, so he comes back. ROFL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024