Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got my vaccine next week... 09:56 - Feb 28 with 5163 viewsitfcjoe

....no idea why i have effectively 'jumped the queue' as am mid 30s with no underlying health conditions......but excited to be getting it and feeling like we are getting closer to the end.

For anyone who has had one, do you know which one you have before you go? Or do you just find out when there - I'm not fussed which one I have but would like to do a little bit of a read up with what to expect from either
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:57]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:17 - Feb 28 with 616 viewsbrogansnose

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:14 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

Ah, the salad days of yore when Smallpox went unchecked...

Cholera, typhoid and polio..........................ahh, halcyon days.
Got my vaccine next week... on 13:22 - Feb 28 with 607 viewsDebsyAngel

Got my vaccine next week... on 12:32 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

Have you asked your GP about the timescale with regard to your asthma? I think the rollout is a bit lumpy so they may be able to fit you in earlier.

You’ve got through the rest of the year, the next couple of months will be hard work but you can get through that too.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 13:57]

My GP is awful - and I get extreme anxiety when I phone them, I guess I just have to wait my turn and do my best, but it's such a struggle for me. Thanks though.
Got my vaccine next week... on 13:23 - Feb 28 with 599 viewsHarry_Palmer

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:15 - Feb 28 by SpruceMoose

Whut? Can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're not, that's a load of bollosx.

Of course i'm joking, chill Man.

I mean who doesn't remember casting a paranoid eye around the office wondering who might secretly be harbouring a virus that could make us all sick even though they weren't sick themselves....
Got my vaccine next week... on 13:25 - Feb 28 with 592 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:23 - Feb 28 by Harry_Palmer

Of course i'm joking, chill Man.

I mean who doesn't remember casting a paranoid eye around the office wondering who might secretly be harbouring a virus that could make us all sick even though they weren't sick themselves....

I often wondered if any of my colleagues had chlamydia. But that's probably just something I do.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:27 - Feb 28 with 581 viewswkj

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:25 - Feb 28 by SpruceMoose

I often wondered if any of my colleagues had chlamydia. But that's probably just something I do.

What, giving people chlamydia?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:28 - Feb 28 with 583 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:27 - Feb 28 by wkj

What, giving people chlamydia?

I've got no symptoms so how can I be blamed for that!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 573 viewswkj

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:28 - Feb 28 by SpruceMoose

I've got no symptoms so how can I be blamed for that!?

'the clique' will find a way to blame you, they always do.

Crybaby

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 578 viewsChurchman

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:17 - Feb 28 by brogansnose

Cholera, typhoid and polio..........................ahh, halcyon days.

Those days where you could compare buboes and paint red crosses on doors before the death cart rattled round. You can’t beat a bit of Black Death.
Login to get fewer ads

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:30 - Feb 28 with 572 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:29 - Feb 28 by wkj

'the clique' will find a way to blame you, they always do.

Who do you think gave chlamydia to me!?

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 558 viewswkj

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:30 - Feb 28 by SpruceMoose

Who do you think gave chlamydia to me!?

Well, Footers... naturally.

Crybaby

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:09 - Feb 28 with 530 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you registered to Two Rivers surgery? They have raced ahead due to having cold storage and starting before Christmas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:12 - Feb 28 with 525 viewsGuthrum

Got my vaccine next week... on 12:31 - Feb 28 by Mullet

Well yes, there is a lot of conflicting evidence and changes. I appreciate that.

Certainly the Mrs had it milder than I, the kids were fine which is lucky as the baby had enough going on with. It also makes me convinced I got it in school as I went down Friday night and was in Monday all day. Chances of it being on a rogue amazon delivery seem much slimmer.

To answer you both on the messaging. I think even if the change is demonstrable the change in behaviours link more to the year of damage Cummings and Johnson did.

Certainly more likely to be in school, given time and closeness of exposure are significant factors.

I have it on moderately good authority that there was a fair bit of resistance to the scientific faction in some quarters. Which does seem to have dissipated somewhat. Johnson will go with whoever is winning the argument and leaving him with least egg on his face.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:18 - Feb 28 with 510 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:09 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Are you registered to Two Rivers surgery? They have raced ahead due to having cold storage and starting before Christmas.

No am at Ravenswood and being jabbed at Trinity Park

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:21 - Feb 28 with 505 viewsLord_Lucan

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:44 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

I found out which one after it had been done.

Anecdotally, Pfizer side effects range from nothing to a mildly sore arm to (more rarely) 24 hours of feeling run down, even slightly feverish. The few people I know who've had AZ said they had nothing at all.

I was also surprised to be called as early as I was. I'm not over 65, no current underlying conditions, etc. Didn't query it, glad to get done.

Some places are going much faster than others. It has also been suggested to me that they are "filling in" if there are remaining spare doses from a particular batch which need using up.

Mother has had two Pfizer’s and suffered no side effects.

The two people I know who had Oxford went down like a tonne of bricks for three or four days - but they were in their 70’s and 80’s - whether that makes a difference I don’t know.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 505 viewsJ2BLUE

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:18 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

No am at Ravenswood and being jabbed at Trinity Park

Interesting. My dad (58) has previous heart and severe asthma issues and was only contacted Friday. Not sure there's a massive amount of logic to the rollout in Ipswich!

Good for you though, the more people vaccinated the better. The vaccines sound better and better as more and more data comes out.

Truly impaired.

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:30 - Feb 28 with 491 viewswkj

Im the young side of 40 and have just got my notification to go to Debenham. I can't congratulate this government on a lot, but the vaccination roll out has been well organised and swift, considering I wasn't expecting my jabs until autumn.

Crybaby

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:31 - Feb 28 with 489 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:22 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Interesting. My dad (58) has previous heart and severe asthma issues and was only contacted Friday. Not sure there's a massive amount of logic to the rollout in Ipswich!

Good for you though, the more people vaccinated the better. The vaccines sound better and better as more and more data comes out.

Yep, my Dad only had his the Thursday before last despite being 62, having asthma, diabetes and a stent after heart issue previously - and that involved him phoning up line to see if he could be bumped up a bit as felt he'd been missed.

Makes no sense, but think we are at 20m adults now which is great

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:32 - Feb 28 with 486 viewsJ2BLUE

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:21 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Mother has had two Pfizer’s and suffered no side effects.

The two people I know who had Oxford went down like a tonne of bricks for three or four days - but they were in their 70’s and 80’s - whether that makes a difference I don’t know.

My nan (82) has Oxford jab and didn't have any side effects.

My mum (58) has Pfizer and only had a heavy arm for a couple of days.

I have been insisting they take a decent dose of vitamin D for about a year now. No idea if that's having any effect.

Truly impaired.

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:33 - Feb 28 with 483 viewswkj

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:31 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

Yep, my Dad only had his the Thursday before last despite being 62, having asthma, diabetes and a stent after heart issue previously - and that involved him phoning up line to see if he could be bumped up a bit as felt he'd been missed.

Makes no sense, but think we are at 20m adults now which is great

Could be done via location, does your old man reside fairly close or in another part of town?

Crybaby

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 481 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 14:33 - Feb 28 by wkj

Could be done via location, does your old man reside fairly close or in another part of town?

We are both at the same GP which I've been told is where issues can be, i.e. certain GPs being able to get through lists quicker

Got my vaccine next week... on 15:00 - Feb 28 with 452 viewsfactual_blue

Got my vaccine next week... on 13:32 - Feb 28 by wkj

Well, Footers... naturally.

There's nothing 'natural' about a man giving a moose chlamydia.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Got my vaccine next week... on 15:03 - Feb 28 with 447 viewswkj

Got my vaccine next week... on 15:00 - Feb 28 by factual_blue

There's nothing 'natural' about a man giving a moose chlamydia.

I once lived in Canada and beg to differ.

Crybaby

Got my vaccine next week... on 15:07 - Feb 28 with 444 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:00 - Feb 28 by bluefunk

I found out when I got there, the potential issues are the same for either, essentially mild flu symptoms for a couple of days, of about a dozen people I know only one has had anything more than a pain where they put the jab

Reportedly, the second jab really knocks you for six for 24-36 hours.
Its a good sign as it means your body has built antibodies and is reacting to the second jab.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Got my vaccine next week... on 18:07 - Feb 28 with 377 viewsgazzer1999

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:31 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

My Mum and Dad both had it there (Trinity park) and they were Pfizer

Had mine there this morning, Pfizer was what everyone was having.
Got my vaccine next week... on 18:31 - Feb 28 with 358 viewsSwansea_Blue

They don’t think you’re 6 cm tall do they Joe?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/invit

Someone may have mentioned this already, but if you think you’ve queue jumped it may be worth calling your GP to check. They are making some mistakes.

Hopefully not and it’s just your time. I haven’t had the jab but because I had it before Xmas and they reckon you get at least 5-6 months immunity protection I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024