Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. 14:44 - Mar 3 with 2433 viewsTieDyedIn95

Matchday Pricing
Might sound mad but lower it, especially for the under 20’s We need to fill the ground up with the next generation of supporters. A couple of promotions and a cup run can do wonders to convert the young into the hardcore and these people will be the lifeblood of the club for decades to come. Under 14’s for a quid might be a good way to go, it worked well for Norwich.

Season Tickets
As above, get more people in the ground. More people in will typically mean a better atmosphere. Offer prices freezes on promotion and a sign up a mate discount scheme.

Merchandise
We need to up our merchandise game. I think the club should again aim to promote value, encourage youngsters to buy our shirts and be family friendly when pricing. I’d go back to the 1 shirt — 2 seasons rule and alternate between home and away and the odd third shirt as a special release as and when needed. We should increase our range of DVD’s and books of historical content covering past seasons, club legends looking at retrospectives with interviews and so on with club legends who experienced it. This would feed into the clubs social media and we could potentially offer a streaming service for fans who mostly would want to consume content that way these days.

Ipswich Town FC Convention
At the start of the Season a convention could be held throughout the day based in and around the fan zone to help launch the campaign, signing sessions with club legends, different events, classic program sellers, shirt sellers and the like available to sell at their stalls, a couple of speakers and so on to give it a big start of season feel and put everyone in the right mood for the game.

Any other ideas?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:45 - Mar 3 with 1949 viewsjeera

Bring the catering into the 21st Century.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:47 - Mar 3 with 1930 viewsSpruceMoose

Clean the god damn stadium.

Give Norwich some competition when it comes to attracting young academy talent from our area.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:48 - Mar 3 with 1909 viewsJackSted

New owners being announced tomorrow then? ;)

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:49 - Mar 3 with 1898 viewstonybied

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:45 - Mar 3 by jeera

Also perhaps bring the website into this century too.
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:49 - Mar 3 with 1888 viewsjeera

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:47 - Mar 3 by SpruceMoose

Clean the god damn stadium.

Give Norwich some competition when it comes to attracting young academy talent from our area.

Like you say, show some pride in the place.

Get back into the community properly, involve local schools.

Conjure up support and try to reignite some public spirit for the club.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:03 - Mar 3 with 1824 viewsSenatorBlue

Perhaps an ITFC museum linked to Planet Blue, linking back to past exploits. Keep the current/future generation in touch with how great our club was (is). Have this open into a stadium gallery for photo opportunities. Cater for tourism and increase commercial footfall, by linking these two.

I think they should look to keep iFollow going too, especially for away games. A successful ITFC will still fill the ground(s), and iFollow is another revenue stream (£50k last night).
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 1803 viewsbluelagos

Get the club academy to the higher category asap. Makes both long term economic and footballing sense.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 1795 viewsSpruceMoose

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:03 - Mar 3 by SenatorBlue

Perhaps an ITFC museum linked to Planet Blue, linking back to past exploits. Keep the current/future generation in touch with how great our club was (is). Have this open into a stadium gallery for photo opportunities. Cater for tourism and increase commercial footfall, by linking these two.

I think they should look to keep iFollow going too, especially for away games. A successful ITFC will still fill the ground(s), and iFollow is another revenue stream (£50k last night).

iFollow has been a thing for us overseas types for years now so I fully expect that to continue. I'd be surprised if they allowed it to exist in it's current form post pandemic for subscribers in the UK though (certainly without whacking up the price significantly).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:07 - Mar 3 with 1752 viewschrismakin

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:05 - Mar 3 by SpruceMoose

iFollow has been a thing for us overseas types for years now so I fully expect that to continue. I'd be surprised if they allowed it to exist in it's current form post pandemic for subscribers in the UK though (certainly without whacking up the price significantly).

Has there ever been a way of getting ifollow in the uk preor to this season. I'm gutted for selfish reasons lifes getting back to normal as I cant get to game so watching on ifollow has been brilliant.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:11 - Mar 3 with 1739 viewsfooters

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:03 - Mar 3 by SenatorBlue

We have a wealth of history that should be preserved for the new generations. We aren't using that history to our advantage currently and we definitely should.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:15 - Mar 3 with 1695 viewsFixed_It

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:45 - Mar 3 by jeera

Foot long hotdogs. Yeah baby!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:16 - Mar 3 with 1681 viewsfooters

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:15 - Mar 3 by Fixed_It

Served out of the Freudian Nightmare kiosk?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:17 - Mar 3 with 1674 viewsGeorge03

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:07 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

Has there ever been a way of getting ifollow in the uk preor to this season. I'm gutted for selfish reasons lifes getting back to normal as I cant get to game so watching on ifollow has been brilliant.

All non Saturday 3pm games that are not on sky were shown of iffollow in the UK for past few seasons.
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:20 - Mar 3 with 1642 viewschrismakin

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:17 - Mar 3 by George03

All non Saturday 3pm games that are not on sky were shown of iffollow in the UK for past few seasons.

Have the midweek ones really? Never realised they were live and available

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:21 - Mar 3 with 1641 viewsSwansea_Blue

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:15 - Mar 3 by Fixed_It

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:25 - Mar 3 with 1599 viewsWallingford_Boy

A musuem is a great idea, plenty of stuff from our past they could fill it with and loads of room where the pointless practice pitch is.

The stadium in general needs a lot of work, but may be a bit out of budget for now.

RIP Sir Bobby

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:26 - Mar 3 with 1586 viewsGeorge03

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:20 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

Have the midweek ones really? Never realised they were live and available

yes. i had been watching last season and the season before.
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 1571 viewschrismakin

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:26 - Mar 3 by George03

yes. i had been watching last season and the season before.

Either I've had a massive memory loss or I literally never knew that lol.

Now efl. Just release 3pm Saturdays please.

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:31 - Mar 3 with 1538 viewsGeorge03

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 15:27 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

Either I've had a massive memory loss or I literally never knew that lol.

Now efl. Just release 3pm Saturdays please.

The club never really advertised it that much tbh. So thats why not many people knew about it.
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:21 - Mar 3 with 1404 viewsWeWereZombies

At 1 p.m. for home matches on a Saturday have the U18s or U16s match on the practice pitch behind the Britannia Stand, gets supporters into the ground early, gives people more of an opportunity to see up and coming players and will probably increase catering sales too. I think we used to do something like this.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:28 - Mar 3 with 1371 viewschrismakin

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:21 - Mar 3 by WeWereZombies

At 1 p.m. for home matches on a Saturday have the U18s or U16s match on the practice pitch behind the Britannia Stand, gets supporters into the ground early, gives people more of an opportunity to see up and coming players and will probably increase catering sales too. I think we used to do something like this.

Have u23 football back at PR on saturday lunchtimes when first team are away.

Use to love going down and watching a reserve game then sitting in the centre circle restaurant listening to the first team game with everyone there.

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:49 - Mar 3 with 1270 viewsdirtyboy

I almost laughed out loud (apologies)

"increase our range of DVDs" lol!

Knowing ITFC we've still got VHS of the 00/01 season on the shelves in Planet Blue lol!

I think we can do a lot better, I actually think SenatorBlue's museum idea isn't too bad, you could make it like Universal Studios/Disney in that you go through it as a queue or perhaps exiting the club shop, perhaps. The sights and sounds of yesteryear, loops of Gunn's miss-kick on the big screen and other memorable moments.
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:51 - Mar 3 with 1259 viewshadleighboyblue

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 14:49 - Mar 3 by jeera

Like you say, show some pride in the place.

Get back into the community properly, involve local schools.

Conjure up support and try to reignite some public spirit for the club.

Bring back some entertainment at half time , local schools playing a game or local singers / groups .

And would be nice to see the successful Ladies team playing at PR
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:54 - Mar 3 with 1240 viewsChurchman

Aside from on field matters, Everything about the club needs improving. Giving the stadium a good clean and a lick of paint wouldn’t go amiss as a start. It really needs a proper upgrade. 20 years of complete neglect = mould, stinking toilets, dodgy overpriced food and an environment that says decay. Not appealing.

Image: I’d be inclined to change the club badge back to the 70s/80s yellow surround version to try and distance ourselves from joke years of rubbish. What happened with banning our glorious TWTD leader was wrong and stupid. PLs press conference attendance and attitude: awful. Before it, MMs rant at supporters was also unacceptable. The behaviour of people like Taylor, Bullard and Chopra: awful. If it was my club I’d make it clear what was acceptable and what was not. It’s then up to the manager and staff. There’s the line. Step over it and the consequences are clear. I’d pay people properly and accept nothing but the right professional behaviour back.

Get out there into the schools and community as much and creatively as possible and try and pinch back a little of what Norwich have taken.

If these Americans are for real, introduce their principle of you pay your dollar, you get your dollars worth instead of you pay your dollar and it helps the Portfolio.

No fans on the Board milarky for me. Not their job. But some form of liaison and links so that the people running the club understand the supporters and to an extent visa versa. In the old days I only contacted the club twice about certain things. The first, John Kerr wrote back - not helpfully but at least he communicated promptly. Second time with Sheepshanks I was invited into the club and all went well.

I’m ranting - apols. Basically, there’s nothing that doesn’t need looking at.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 16:55]
Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:58 - Mar 3 with 1215 viewschicoazul

Off field improvements the club could make tomorrow under new owners.. on 16:54 - Mar 3 by Churchman

Aside from on field matters, Everything about the club needs improving. Giving the stadium a good clean and a lick of paint wouldn’t go amiss as a start. It really needs a proper upgrade. 20 years of complete neglect = mould, stinking toilets, dodgy overpriced food and an environment that says decay. Not appealing.

Image: I’d be inclined to change the club badge back to the 70s/80s yellow surround version to try and distance ourselves from joke years of rubbish. What happened with banning our glorious TWTD leader was wrong and stupid. PLs press conference attendance and attitude: awful. Before it, MMs rant at supporters was also unacceptable. The behaviour of people like Taylor, Bullard and Chopra: awful. If it was my club I’d make it clear what was acceptable and what was not. It’s then up to the manager and staff. There’s the line. Step over it and the consequences are clear. I’d pay people properly and accept nothing but the right professional behaviour back.

Get out there into the schools and community as much and creatively as possible and try and pinch back a little of what Norwich have taken.

If these Americans are for real, introduce their principle of you pay your dollar, you get your dollars worth instead of you pay your dollar and it helps the Portfolio.

No fans on the Board milarky for me. Not their job. But some form of liaison and links so that the people running the club understand the supporters and to an extent visa versa. In the old days I only contacted the club twice about certain things. The first, John Kerr wrote back - not helpfully but at least he communicated promptly. Second time with Sheepshanks I was invited into the club and all went well.

I’m ranting - apols. Basically, there’s nothing that doesn’t need looking at.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 16:55]

Sadly I have a very strong feeling we will be leaving FPR in the next five to seven years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024