Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This may not be very popular 21:39 - Mar 3 with 7801 viewsnodge_blue

But I thought that was a great email from Evans.

He set out how he continues to financially prop up the club even through covid. He has appointed a new manager. He's doing stuff to the ground. And he won't sell us out to anybody for the sake of it.

fair play to him.

Yes he's failed on the pitch and that is huge. But with this manager in place hopefully we can success regardless of whether its Evans or this American consortium behind it.

And lets not overlook that the consortium, whilst fresh and keen, would by the sounds of it be loading us up with debt that has to be paid back.

So Im not disappointed or pleased if the take over happens. The important think was getting rid of Lambert.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 21:39]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This may not be very popular on 22:04 - Mar 3 with 3617 viewsWD19

It was far far far far too long. A typical horse deigned by committee.

Some of the messages were fine, but he was also far too defensive and protested too much.

.....and like I said before....you could see the edits because somebody made changes in a slightly different font colour and nobody picked up on it before sending.
This may not be very popular on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 3555 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 22:04 - Mar 3 by WD19

It was far far far far too long. A typical horse deigned by committee.

Some of the messages were fine, but he was also far too defensive and protested too much.

.....and like I said before....you could see the edits because somebody made changes in a slightly different font colour and nobody picked up on it before sending.

A typical horse? Are you talking about the logo on the email?

Where was he defensive? He set out what he's been doing and whats been happening. I don't see how explaining a situation is necessarily defensive. Protested too much? You sure you aren't just mad cos it doesn't fit your desired outcome?

And I have no idea about your last paragraph. Maybe your email viewer is rendering it strangely cos I cant see any strange font colours.

Apart from that.....

This may not be very popular on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 3524 viewsDBlues

This may not be very popular on 22:12 - Mar 3 by nodge_blue

Where was he defensive? He set out what he's been doing and whats been happening. I don't see how explaining a situation is necessarily defensive. Protested too much? You sure you aren't just mad cos it doesn't fit your desired outcome?

And I have no idea about your last paragraph. Maybe your email viewer is rendering it strangely cos I cant see any strange font colours.

Apart from that.....

They are right about the editing.

If I look at the email on my laptop it's ok. When I saw it on my phone parts of it are in bold text so looks like it's been proof read by someone and edited and then not formatted to look like the rest.

For the email itself, I agree it was a good email and Evans couldn't just send one out welcoming Cook and then totally ignore the takeover talk so he worded it in a way that it was open to interpretation.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 22:19]
This may not be very popular on 22:17 - Mar 3 with 3510 viewswkj

I really don't bother reading anything he puts out any more. He keeps getting some of us hook line and sinker.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This may not be very popular on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 3494 viewsjayessess

Like all Evans-era communications, it's a mixture of obfuscation and self-exculpation.
(a) Here's a bunch of waffle that provides no real information about what's going on and which will likely be proven false within a week.
(b) Here's me explaining why Ipswich being rubbish isn't my fault and actually, it's sort of your fault as supporters, now I come to think of it.

Spread over 1000 words or wheel out Lee O'Neil to say it, depending on preference.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This may not be very popular on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 3458 viewsWD19

Apart from that.....

I could dissect every line for you, but as I said - it was far far too long and I would be here until a week next Tuesday.

You also have no idea what my desired outcome for anything is because you haven’t asked.

....and yes....maybe I am wrong and Outlook did just decide to colour a few random words and sentences in a slightly different colour and it was nothing to do with the author at all.
This may not be very popular on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 3442 viewsSwansea_Blue

This may not be very popular on 22:18 - Mar 3 by jayessess

Like all Evans-era communications, it's a mixture of obfuscation and self-exculpation.
(a) Here's a bunch of waffle that provides no real information about what's going on and which will likely be proven false within a week.
(b) Here's me explaining why Ipswich being rubbish isn't my fault and actually, it's sort of your fault as supporters, now I come to think of it.

Spread over 1000 words or wheel out Lee O'Neil to say it, depending on preference.

Yes, but he's taken us to our lowest point in over 60 years and loaded us with £100m debt doing so, so we've those to be thankful for. Or something.

I'm not sure how much more evidence people need before they realise he's failed in terms of both the football and running the business.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This may not be very popular on 22:23 - Mar 3 with 3407 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 22:20 - Mar 3 by WD19

I could dissect every line for you, but as I said - it was far far too long and I would be here until a week next Tuesday.

You also have no idea what my desired outcome for anything is because you haven’t asked.

....and yes....maybe I am wrong and Outlook did just decide to colour a few random words and sentences in a slightly different colour and it was nothing to do with the author at all.

Fair enough.

I knew I'd go fishing a bit with the thread cos they'd be loads of people with steam coming out of their ears.

But its a decent email. Written by an owner who as he said is probably putting in 10 mil plus over this pandemic period.

We may be mad. But we're not mad and 10 mil out of pocket.

Login to get fewer ads

This may not be very popular on 22:36 - Mar 3 with 3338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Apart from that.....

It's a terrible written lengthy bit of prose that does not paint him in a particularly good light. The edits are visible in my browser. A slightly darker font - the first one is on "ment" on the end of "assignment" at the beginning of the sixth line of the lengthy sentence that makes up the second paragraph.

It comes across as the ramblings of a frustrated man. Hidden in it might be things he wants to communicate such as PL was wrong over investment in the squad and the training ground. Despite us falling out, we have decided to go with the official line that we have parted on good terms.

There is justification that as a league 1 club we need to be run as a league 1 club. I would argue that some of the investment in player wages would have been far better spent running the club far more like a Championship club. Run it like a league 1 one and guess where it is likely to be. His phrase "fiddling while Rome burns" is a complete misquote. The fiddling is about playing music and ignoring reality not about tinkering with things that do need changing.

If this is the way he communicates, it is little surprise there has been an issue.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This may not be very popular on 22:40 - Mar 3 with 3305 viewsSwansea_Blue

This may not be very popular on 22:23 - Mar 3 by nodge_blue

Fair enough.

I knew I'd go fishing a bit with the thread cos they'd be loads of people with steam coming out of their ears.

But its a decent email. Written by an owner who as he said is probably putting in 10 mil plus over this pandemic period.

We may be mad. But we're not mad and 10 mil out of pocket.

No steam here; I just realised years ago he wasn't going to get us anywhere and am patiently waiting for the day he moves on. That may or may not be soon. I hope it is as then we can have a crack at trying to build our club back up again and undo all the damage he's done.

He's funding us but in the main he's paying for his own failure (Covid aside of course, that's where we're lucky to have the stability he provides), so that's a double edged sword for me. The financial stability is great in some ways, but ultimately meaningless if you don't do anything with it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This may not be very popular on 22:51 - Mar 3 with 3239 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 22:36 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's a terrible written lengthy bit of prose that does not paint him in a particularly good light. The edits are visible in my browser. A slightly darker font - the first one is on "ment" on the end of "assignment" at the beginning of the sixth line of the lengthy sentence that makes up the second paragraph.

It comes across as the ramblings of a frustrated man. Hidden in it might be things he wants to communicate such as PL was wrong over investment in the squad and the training ground. Despite us falling out, we have decided to go with the official line that we have parted on good terms.

There is justification that as a league 1 club we need to be run as a league 1 club. I would argue that some of the investment in player wages would have been far better spent running the club far more like a Championship club. Run it like a league 1 one and guess where it is likely to be. His phrase "fiddling while Rome burns" is a complete misquote. The fiddling is about playing music and ignoring reality not about tinkering with things that do need changing.

If this is the way he communicates, it is little surprise there has been an issue.

Well I liked it.

I agree the fiddling while Romes burns part may not be the best analogy but hey.

I don't know what people want.

He welcomes the manager. Talks about the old. Probably has to go over some of the press speculation about the departure.

Addresses the take over bids.

Sets out some context of offers.

Sets out some criteria for selling.

Sets out what he has put in to keep the club afloat.

And its bad prose......rambling....Id say it covered what it needed to cover.

When we don't hear from him we moan. When we hear from him its too long and we pick holes in his analogies.

And yet he still stumps out 10 mil to get us through a pandemic which no one seems to really appreciate but prey for the arrival of some pension fund money from america like it will deliver us to the promised land.

There...Ive rambled.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 22:52]

This may not be very popular on 22:58 - Mar 3 with 3188 viewsNthQldITFC

This may not be very popular on 22:18 - Mar 3 by jayessess

I'm led to believe Matthew Hancock is 'helping' out behind the scenes.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This may not be very popular on 23:02 - Mar 3 with 3163 viewstortoise

This may not be very popular on 22:51 - Mar 3 by nodge_blue

Well I liked it.

I agree the fiddling while Romes burns part may not be the best analogy but hey.

He welcomes the manager. Talks about the old. Probably has to go over some of the press speculation about the departure.

When we don't hear from him we moan. When we hear from him its too long and we pick holes in his analogies.

And yet he still stumps out 10 mil to get us through a pandemic which no one seems to really appreciate but prey for the arrival of some pension fund money from america like it will deliver us to the promised land.

There...Ive rambled.

I didn’t think it was too bad and I think you make some valid points. I have some serious reservations about this consortium, would much prefer for Cook to take us up under the current owner. Tho understand that many people feel that keeping the current owner makes that a lot harder!
This may not be very popular on 23:52 - Mar 3 with 3026 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This may not be very popular on 22:51 - Mar 3 by nodge_blue

Well I liked it.

There...Ive rambled.

I never moaned about not hearing from him. I think it was refreshing having an owner who wasn't about the attention.

It has become apparent that his failings are to want to be in complete control with very little delegation and then not paying the time and attention to make the decisions necessary to succeed. I would say he has repeatedly listened to the wrong advice on the big decisions.

For someone in his position, I am amazed he hasn't got someone more capable to write the text for him. It seems almost like he has written it in the same manner we post on here.

I am certain ME has the best interests of the club and has been a very good owner in many respects. Unfortunately, overall he has taken the club backwards a long way from where he took it on. At least we are afloat and I am sure he is looking for a good deal for the club when it does get sold on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This may not be very popular on 00:12 - Mar 4 with 2977 viewsChurchman

I read it. A peculiar message from a slippery bloke. Why people think he has the best interests of the club at heart I’ll never know. If that was the case it wouldn’t be rotting away in League 2. He has failed on and off the pitch. More important than the manager is the structure of the club itself and the person(s) at the top.

Evans is only interested in Evans. I didn’t think much of his words. Part denial, part pre-season promises including tidying the ground up. Something he has woefully neglected for 13 years. His message was about season tickets and assuming a takeover was a load of nonsense, so was changing the manager. Fingers crossed Cook can perform miracles. With Evans, he’s going to have to.
This may not be very popular on 05:46 - Mar 4 with 2826 viewsRyorry

This may not be very popular on 22:36 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

After carefully re-reading it in the cold light of early morning, I'd say that the second half of it referring to a potential takeover is just very carefully worded to cover all eventualities bearing in mind a NDA - e.g. "I have never looked to sell the Club. That is still the case." doesn't mean he's now changed his mind or doesn't want to sell - it's literally him saying he himself hasn't *actively* looked to sell - it still allows for the possibility that he's been approached by potential buyer/s who made the first move.

Some of the rest of it has a 'fin de siecle' tone about it, including the "end of'" thing - almost as tho now he knows he's (probably) about to depart, he can afford to relax somewhat & relish having a bit of a tongue-in-cheek wind-up at us. Imho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This may not be very popular on 06:18 - Mar 4 with 2768 viewsdeano85

Tbh.
Ive often thought, that id rather Evans just be better, than have new owners...
You know what your getting...
This may not be very popular on 06:43 - Mar 4 with 2696 viewsfooters

If people are impressed by such a shoddy piece of PR then I really don't know what to say, aside from more funding needs to be put into schools.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This may not be very popular on 06:59 - Mar 4 with 2644 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This may not be very popular on 06:18 - Mar 4 by deano85

Tbh.
Ive often thought, that id rather Evans just be better, than have new owners...
You know what your getting...

After 13 years there doesn't seem to be much evidence that he's just going to get better.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This may not be very popular on 07:03 - Mar 4 with 2621 viewsDanTheMan

This may not be very popular on 06:43 - Mar 4 by footers

If people are impressed by such a shoddy piece of PR then I really don't know what to say, aside from more funding needs to be put into schools.

Remember when people wet their trousers over the one time he did a very plain video interview with the club after Mick left?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This may not be very popular on 07:06 - Mar 4 with 2607 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought it was done like everything else at this club (apart from manager and player wages) - on the cheap. Reads like he dictated it to a lackey who didn't question his weird "fiddling while Rome burns" analogy, has several grammatical errors, and needs a decent copywriter to give it a short back and sides. I'm available for hire.

Platitudinous, defensive, inconsequential waffle.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This may not be very popular on 07:09 - Mar 4 with 2598 viewsdissboy2

This may not be very popular on 07:03 - Mar 4 by DanTheMan

Remember when people wet their trousers over the one time he did a very plain video interview with the club after Mick left?

is that still avalable to view somewhere?
This may not be very popular on 07:37 - Mar 4 with 2525 viewsBlue_Order

This may not be very popular on 06:43 - Mar 4 by footers

A few commas wouldn’t have gone amiss either.
This may not be very popular on 07:42 - Mar 4 with 2489 viewsfooters

This may not be very popular on 07:37 - Mar 4 by Blue_Order

A few commas wouldn’t have gone amiss either.

Never thought I'd see 'end of' in an official ITFC statement.

It read like one of those non-league chairman's drunken rants and was clearly written by more than one person.

Anyway, we're at the last knockings now, so let's hope the deal is concluded soon and we can push on at last.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This may not be very popular on 07:44 - Mar 4 with 2479 viewswkj

This may not be very popular on 07:42 - Mar 4 by footers

Never thought I'd see 'end of' in an official ITFC statement.

It read like one of those non-league chairman's drunken rants and was clearly written by more than one person.

Anyway, we're at the last knockings now, so let's hope the deal is concluded soon and we can push on at last.

Perhaps we should start a thread with Phil's name in it asking him for the latest info.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024