Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 00:59 - Apr 3 with 5574 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is a good player and we should support him. He has stayed fit and played loads of games while skuse, downes, huws and Nolan have mised loads of games or been ineffective. He has carried quite a burden and has done ok imo. With the right support he will be a major asset
Andre Dozzell on 01:27 - Apr 3 with 4022 viewsIllinoisblue

Agreed. That said he was poor today. Could do with a break for a few games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Andre Dozzell on 01:43 - Apr 3 with 4009 viewsbournemouthblue

He has a decent touch, good close control and a very decent left foot. I'm not quite sure what kind of midfielder he is going to become but hopefully he can really develop the attacking side of his game.

He definitely needs a more robust partner next to him and runners around him to make the most of his assets.

Today, like a lot of games this season lacked any real quality but we actually started with two runners in Jackson and Edwards in the side, not that either of them, ever really found themselves in a position to break the lines and stretch Brizzle.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Andre Dozzell on 07:59 - Apr 3 with 3760 viewsthebooks

Yep, probably our best midfielder this season, perhaps best player overall (I know, I know, not much competition etc. etc.)

I note that in our new age of not blaming the manager for anything/the players are terrible we seemed to have dropped the support the youths thing everyone was banging on about at the end of the MM reign.
Andre Dozzell on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 3697 viewsVic

He reminds me of Mark Brennan many years ago. Tidy player with heaps of potential, but never got to the heights hoped for.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andre Dozzell on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 3693 viewsjayessess

"Listen, you’ve got to be brave to play. Andre Dozzell’s a smashing young player, he’s going to be a very good player.

In his career he’ll make more mistakes like that, it’s about learning from it. I thought after the mistake, I thought he stayed with the game really well.”

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Andre Dozzell on 08:54 - Apr 3 with 3624 viewsKeaneish

When assessing Dozzell, it’s good to look at Flynn Downes comparatively. The same age and both from the same academy with roughly the same number of first team appearances and England under 20 and 19 honours although Dozzell with more progression on this count and a Euro under 19s championship to his name.

Downes, in my opinion has clearly progressed far better than Dozzell but it’s easy to forget Dozzell missed a season with a bad leg break. I wonder how much this has set him back psychologically. He should be dictating games by now as we know Downes can but he’s still quite tentative and lacks belief. Currently he looks about right for the standard he’s at whereas Downes, when fit, is easily a division ahead of him. The question is, how many more chances do we give him to shine and will Downes be with him next season. Come May, there might be an even bigger gulf between them and we’ll be rueing missed opportunities to improve the club’s fortunes with quality academy product.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Andre Dozzell on 08:57 - Apr 3 with 3609 viewsVic

Andre Dozzell on 08:54 - Apr 3 by Keaneish

When assessing Dozzell, it’s good to look at Flynn Downes comparatively. The same age and both from the same academy with roughly the same number of first team appearances and England under 20 and 19 honours although Dozzell with more progression on this count and a Euro under 19s championship to his name.

Downes, in my opinion has clearly progressed far better than Dozzell but it’s easy to forget Dozzell missed a season with a bad leg break. I wonder how much this has set him back psychologically. He should be dictating games by now as we know Downes can but he’s still quite tentative and lacks belief. Currently he looks about right for the standard he’s at whereas Downes, when fit, is easily a division ahead of him. The question is, how many more chances do we give him to shine and will Downes be with him next season. Come May, there might be an even bigger gulf between them and we’ll be rueing missed opportunities to improve the club’s fortunes with quality academy product.

What we don’t know yet is how good he would be in a team playing with tempo and confidence. I’d like to think he’d be much better, but I’m not sure.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andre Dozzell on 09:02 - Apr 3 with 3599 viewsArnieM

Andre Dozzell on 01:27 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

Agreed. That said he was poor today. Could do with a break for a few games.

Sorry, but for me he’s poor ( awol) for most games. Doing the odd eye catching pass every now and then simply isn’t enough is it! He’s overrated ( based on what he’s actually produced** ) . He’s been like this for several years. How much longer do you propose we give him to be the lynchpin of this midfield? He’s 21,( not a kid), and has been in or around the first team since he’s was 18yrs old, and he flatters to deceive in every single game. Most games you don’t even notice him. Sorry but he’s living off the back of his fathers name. As someone said yesterday , call him Andre Smith, he’d not even make the bench. There’s some truth in that I feel. At the very least he’s a “ luxury” in this division.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 09:10 - Apr 3 with 3577 viewsFrankfurtBlue

He is a reasonable player and potentially a very good player. I like his passing generally, and that he has a confidence and vision to try certain passes. He sees space open up in front of him and drives forward with the ball well. His control and touch are usually first class.

However, he needs to play further forward where it can hurt the opposition more. Whether he is told to play so deep, or whether it is his natural game, it really does not help the team when he plays between the centre backs, or 5 yards in front of them. It leaves such a gap to our forward line, allowing the opposition to dominate that space. Also, he needs to learn to judge when to tackle and how to tackle more effectively. He needs to mark opponents better, and he needs to learn to shoot from distance. I suspect that he thinks he is a good player, but he really needs to put in some hard work on his weaknesses to progress and fulfil his potential.
Andre Dozzell on 09:47 - Apr 3 with 3526 viewsbilllm

Andre Dozzell on 09:02 - Apr 3 by ArnieM

Sorry, but for me he’s poor ( awol) for most games. Doing the odd eye catching pass every now and then simply isn’t enough is it! He’s overrated ( based on what he’s actually produced** ) . He’s been like this for several years. How much longer do you propose we give him to be the lynchpin of this midfield? He’s 21,( not a kid), and has been in or around the first team since he’s was 18yrs old, and he flatters to deceive in every single game. Most games you don’t even notice him. Sorry but he’s living off the back of his fathers name. As someone said yesterday , call him Andre Smith, he’d not even make the bench. There’s some truth in that I feel. At the very least he’s a “ luxury” in this division.

Totally agree, all games pass him by very quickly,as a constructive midfielder offers next to nothing, don't get me started on his total lack of defensive duties, can't tackle, can't head and no pace,
Andre Dozzell on 09:56 - Apr 3 with 3501 viewsMB26

I do think be gets a hard time. I think we need to remember that as much as he's been with the club for a long time, he has rarely had a consistent starting run in the team. I'd argue that this is his first season in that deep-lying role and you've got to accept that he will make mistakes here and there.

I've seen a lot of people argue that his creative numbers aren't great particularly in terms of assists but quite frankly his role is to put others in a position to make something happen or create. He can't be blamed for the failures of our wingers and advanced players ahead of him.

Personally with all our midfielders fit, I'd love to see what a trio of Downes, Bishop and Andre could do.
Andre Dozzell on 09:59 - Apr 3 with 3490 viewsArnieM

Andre Dozzell on 09:47 - Apr 3 by billlm

Totally agree, all games pass him by very quickly,as a constructive midfielder offers next to nothing, don't get me started on his total lack of defensive duties, can't tackle, can't head and no pace,

If he was ever played well forward he could potentially be a great threat with his passing , but when he currently plays he’s about as much effect / use as a chocolate tea pot. Problem is playing AD further forward, I think there are more effective ALL ROUND players ahead of him. This is the Dozzell conundrum, where is he best played 8n the team, an we accommodate him in this division when he appears so lightweight, and just what exactly is his role?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Andre Dozzell on 10:09 - Apr 3 with 3465 viewsunstableblue

I too believe in Andre; he is not yet the finished article, he’ll be 22 in May, and the experience of this season and the volume of games is really going to help his development.

Terrible error yesterday, but he is at the heart of the action and at least he is ok shying away in games like so many at the moment.

The bigger point is that Dozzell is not actually playing perhaps in his preferred role, for me he needs to have a Downes next to him... deeper. So Dozzell can play forward linking to the width, number 10... playing the balls. I would love to see a proper run of Dozzell, Downes and an even further forward Bishop playing 10 and hitting the box with runs

Edwards, judge and Bishop started well yesterday and then just fell away leaving Dozzell with a lot of work

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Andre Dozzell on 10:33 - Apr 3 with 3422 viewsjayessess

This is pure Frank Lampard Syndrome.

Paul Cook doesn't care who his Dad is. He picks him every week because he rates him.

Andre Dozzell on 10:36 - Apr 3 with 3413 viewspointofblue

I’d argue Downes has had a clearly defined role throughout his development which is helped. Due to injuries Dozzell’s has varied depending on what is needed - a bit like Hyam in reverse where he was clearly a defensive midfielder but Mick tried, and failed, to make him more forward thinking.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Andre Dozzell on 10:44 - Apr 3 with 3400 viewsBluefish

He is the new pin up (boo) boy for the board numbskulls. Based on their previous records it probably means he will go on to be clear player of the season next year
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 10:44]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Andre Dozzell on 10:49 - Apr 3 with 3390 viewsHerbivore

He is a good player who is struggling a little bit at the moment. That's understandable, although he broke through years ago now this is really his first season playing as a first team regular. He's had a major injury in between his debut and now as well. He's clearly got a lot of ability on the ball and the defensive side of his game has improved a lot this season. He's been more or less ever present and has had to play different roles at different times, some of which haven't entirely suited him. He'd benefit from a couple of games off to recharge his batteries. Playing week in, week out in midfield is a tough gig especially in a side that's not exactly a joy to play in. He's done fine this season, the stick he gets is mental.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 3342 viewsKeaneish

Andre Dozzell on 10:36 - Apr 3 by pointofblue

I’d argue Downes has had a clearly defined role throughout his development which is helped. Due to injuries Dozzell’s has varied depending on what is needed - a bit like Hyam in reverse where he was clearly a defensive midfielder but Mick tried, and failed, to make him more forward thinking.

I guess the flip side to that is that good players make a position their own, Downes has done this, Dozzell, hadn’t quite, yet.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Andre Dozzell on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 3335 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think there is a top player in Andre.

He needs to learn how to tackle and be stronger on the ball and he needs to be played higher up the pitch and be more adventurous in his passing. If he could improve on these things (two of which are tactical things from the manager), he should be a key player for us (or a very influential player wherever he goes). I think that in a more advanced role, he would chip in with goals too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Andre Dozzell on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 3327 viewspointofblue

Andre Dozzell on 11:12 - Apr 3 by Keaneish

I guess the flip side to that is that good players make a position their own, Downes has done this, Dozzell, hadn’t quite, yet.

I don’t think so as, to me, Dozzell is a ball carrier who can pick the it up deep and connect the defence to the front four; he hasn’t been able to fulfil that role due to missing players - when Downes has been out Bishop has been given the carrier role (even though he’d suit a number ten position better) with Dozzell dropping deeper.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Andre Dozzell on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 3334 viewsTrumptonBlue

"As someone said yesterday , call him Andre Smith, he’d not even make the bench. There’s some truth in that I feel."

I feel that's nonsense today, just as it was yesterday. A manager who has been at the club a month and who has a remit to challenge for promotion is picking a player just because the player's father played for the club 30 years ago? I can't think why he would do that.

I admit, I love seeing the name "Dozzell" on the teamsheet and am probably more forgiving towards him because of that. If we had a Kiwomya and a Zondervan on the books, I'd have them in the side too. But, you know, I don't pick the team.
Andre Dozzell on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 3311 viewsjayessess

Andre Dozzell on 11:12 - Apr 3 by Keaneish

There are some positions that take a bit more experience to master, I think?
21 is young for a tempo-setting, deep-lying playmaker, not so young for a ball-winning, box-to-box midfielder. One role is all about reading the game, the other much more about physicality.

Andre Dozzell on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 3310 viewsHerbivore

The Downes and Dozzell comparison is a little unfair. Downes hasn't missed an entire season with ruptured knee ligaments and spent last season and the season before as a regular starter for us. Dozzell's progress was massively hampered by that injury and this is his first season playing week in and week out. They may have played a similar amount of games overall, but Dozzell broke through younger and has been much more stop/start in accumulating his appearances in comparison to Downes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 11:22 - Apr 3 with 3309 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Andre Dozzell on 11:16 - Apr 3 by TrumptonBlue

"As someone said yesterday , call him Andre Smith, he’d not even make the bench. There’s some truth in that I feel."

I feel that's nonsense today, just as it was yesterday. A manager who has been at the club a month and who has a remit to challenge for promotion is picking a player just because the player's father played for the club 30 years ago? I can't think why he would do that.

I admit, I love seeing the name "Dozzell" on the teamsheet and am probably more forgiving towards him because of that. If we had a Kiwomya and a Zondervan on the books, I'd have them in the side too. But, you know, I don't pick the team.

Indeed. If there were any truth in the ridiculous assertion Harry Wright would be in goal and Charlie Sheringham would be in our midfield. Whatever happened to Sheringham?

EDIT: Just checked and apparently he is at Dartford. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Sheringham
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 11:23]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Andre Dozzell on 11:33 - Apr 3 with 3271 viewsreusersfreekicks

Those are just lazy words re his Father. Why would Paul Cook new to the club care about that? Ridiculous notion. Elsewhere his stats show he does a lot of work with interceptions. He could do with a rest possibly but with everyone getting injured there is no opportunity for this. People need to get off his back, plus recognise how much his injury stunted his development
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024