Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... 20:41 - Apr 5 with 10044 viewsitfcjoe

....and we are still just 2 points outside the play offs.

The lack of bounce since Cook came in is hugely disappointing, I don't think it is a stretch to say that 4 of our poorest performances of the season are since he has come in as well.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 982 viewsJ2BLUE

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:42 - Apr 5 by homer_123

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but by homer_123 5 Apr 2021 16:54
the Cowleys have made a decent start with Pompey haven't they?

At least joe's come right out and questioned it rather than the hints like this. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, you don't have to keep half saying it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:47 - Apr 5 with 968 viewschrismakin

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:39 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

The season isn't over though. Fans can say it but clearly while we have a chance it's not over and nor should it be.

Think its helps me get through games tbh J2. I just dont see this side being able to score the goals needed to win enough games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:47 - Apr 5 with 975 viewsWicklowBlue

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:13 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

I can't imagine any clubs are doing double sessions of the back of 7-8 midweek games in a row in a ridiculous scheduled season - think that failure to be able to do that is overplayed.

Sorry Joe and maybe we can agree to disagree...Cook knows what it takes to get out of this league and the levels players need to get to.

If results are not going your way then you put the energy into training to figure out strategy, partnerships and a way of playing. That is the same for any level of sport amateur or professional.

Do we know what PC was asking the squad to do over those double sessions...was it strength and conditioning over all the sessions or a mixture between and skill drills. Either way the squad failed to achieve what he thought they could which is an indictment on the players.

At an amateur sports level, I used to train 3 times a week and one of those would have been to run until you threw up literally. Then play minimum a game on Wednesday and another on Saturday. Even in my twilight years I was training twice a week and a game every week or sometimes twice a week depending.

These are highly paid professionals with nothing else to do in the afternoons post training! The fact they cannot complete training sessions that the manager has scheduled shows a lot. Either they are all carrying knocks, are not fit enough or don't have the motivation.
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:49 - Apr 5 with 960 viewsRomeo4

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:42 - Apr 5 by Chrisd

PC needs the summer as much as we do. These last few leagues games aren’t the springboard to the top 6, it’s the countdown to when he can get rid of most of the squad and wipe the slate clean. PC needs the opportunity to get his own players in with those currently in the squad he feels are worth keeping. Until then, he can’t seriously be judged. Problem is it’s going to take time and we’re all fed up with the malaise the club is in and are all desperate for an upturn in our fortunes ASAP.

Agreed. I’m as gutted as anyone that we haven’t had an instant upturn in performance. The fact that Cook hasn’t been able to achieve that impact illustrates how bad things have got. He was (and still is) the best candidate to get us moving in the right direction. He needs time and backing.

If he can’t do it then we are in serious trouble.
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 947 viewshomer_123

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:46 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

At least joe's come right out and questioned it rather than the hints like this. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, you don't have to keep half saying it.

Not sure what's going on with this board lately. Had you pegged as better than that J2.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 932 viewsJ2BLUE

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:50 - Apr 5 by homer_123

Not sure what's going on with this board lately. Had you pegged as better than that J2.

Well you've made two similar threads on the Cowleys and just linked back to one again. What point are you trying to make if not the obvious one?

Truly impaired.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 949 viewstextbackup

I’m massively disappointed we’ve been worse since he arrived, however to me it’s pretty clear he is asking the players to go above and beyond and they simply aren’t up for the fight.

They never have been. We’ve been abysmal in ‘big’ games for years now. Having not won a cup game or any game they big up in press conferences. We lack everything that the as fans desire in our club.

There is no passion, no leadership (on or off the pitch) we have without doubt the worse, and weakest squad, I have seen in my supporting time.

Speaks volumes that so many fans simply don’t care if a single player stays.

Had the Cowleys arrived I have no doubt this spineless bunch of no hopes with have melted under the pressure too.

It’s a real shame that Lambert didn’t get the full booing he deserved, and that also goes for these players. It’s dire that so many are out of contract all at once with seemingly not a care in the world if they get another contract in football.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:54 - Apr 5 with 922 viewsOjc

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:42 - Apr 5 by Chrisd

PC needs the summer as much as we do. These last few leagues games aren’t the springboard to the top 6, it’s the countdown to when he can get rid of most of the squad and wipe the slate clean. PC needs the opportunity to get his own players in with those currently in the squad he feels are worth keeping. Until then, he can’t seriously be judged. Problem is it’s going to take time and we’re all fed up with the malaise the club is in and are all desperate for an upturn in our fortunes ASAP.

I remember reading that Lambert needed a summer/January window to sort out Hursts mess, and the same happens over and over again, we end up with has beens and loan players that aren’t up to the task.

Nothing will change over the summer, and the signings will be the same signings as before missing out on our number 1 targets and end up with injury prone misfits and 21/22 will be the same as the last 15 seasons before.

I’ve no idea why people think anything’s going to be any different?
Login to get fewer ads

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 901 viewshomer_123

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:52 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Well you've made two similar threads on the Cowleys and just linked back to one again. What point are you trying to make if not the obvious one?

If you read the thread you'll see.

1. We don't get a 'new' manager bounce
2. Our performances haven't even slightly improved under Cook
3. Cook is a good appointment (though I would have preferred the Cowleys)
4. We are a dying Club

I don't wish to fall out with anyone...so am going to sign off. Have a good evening bud.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:58 - Apr 5 with 891 viewschrismakin

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:54 - Apr 5 by Ojc

I remember reading that Lambert needed a summer/January window to sort out Hursts mess, and the same happens over and over again, we end up with has beens and loan players that aren’t up to the task.

Nothing will change over the summer, and the signings will be the same signings as before missing out on our number 1 targets and end up with injury prone misfits and 21/22 will be the same as the last 15 seasons before.

I’ve no idea why people think anything’s going to be any different?

We didnt miss out in Norwood he was Lamberts no.1 signing.

Despite people for some reason expecting transfer fees.. none will be made by many clubs at this level.. we will have plenty to offer players and with Cook we have someone players will trust.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:58 - Apr 5 with 892 viewsWicklowBlue

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:15 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

He made the strikers do extra shooting after training a few weeks back because after 45 minutes of playing small sided games, only 1 goal was scored by a striker.

#definfo

Great insight...
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 886 viewsJ2BLUE

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:57 - Apr 5 by homer_123

If you read the thread you'll see.

1. We don't get a 'new' manager bounce
2. Our performances haven't even slightly improved under Cook
3. Cook is a good appointment (though I would have preferred the Cowleys)
4. We are a dying Club

I don't wish to fall out with anyone...so am going to sign off. Have a good evening bud.

Don't ever log off on my account, just call me a dickhead and ignore me!

You too x

Truly impaired.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:00 - Apr 5 with 875 viewsOjc

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:58 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

We didnt miss out in Norwood he was Lamberts no.1 signing.

Despite people for some reason expecting transfer fees.. none will be made by many clubs at this level.. we will have plenty to offer players and with Cook we have someone players will trust.

He’s injured more often than he plays, same goes for Vincent-Young, great players but if they can’t stay fit or we don’t provide them with the tools to stay fit what’s the point?
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:03 - Apr 5 with 855 viewsitfcjoe

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:47 - Apr 5 by WicklowBlue

Sorry Joe and maybe we can agree to disagree...Cook knows what it takes to get out of this league and the levels players need to get to.

If results are not going your way then you put the energy into training to figure out strategy, partnerships and a way of playing. That is the same for any level of sport amateur or professional.

Do we know what PC was asking the squad to do over those double sessions...was it strength and conditioning over all the sessions or a mixture between and skill drills. Either way the squad failed to achieve what he thought they could which is an indictment on the players.

At an amateur sports level, I used to train 3 times a week and one of those would have been to run until you threw up literally. Then play minimum a game on Wednesday and another on Saturday. Even in my twilight years I was training twice a week and a game every week or sometimes twice a week depending.

These are highly paid professionals with nothing else to do in the afternoons post training! The fact they cannot complete training sessions that the manager has scheduled shows a lot. Either they are all carrying knocks, are not fit enough or don't have the motivation.

It's conditioning not training, and if the fitness coaches were running players until they were sick at this stage of the season then they aren't doing it right. If the players aren't as fit as they need to be now it will be down to poor conditioning from the previous regime - there's not much that can really be done about it now as there simply sin't the time between games - by this stage of the season the players should just be ticking over

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 840 viewschrismakin

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:00 - Apr 5 by Ojc

He’s injured more often than he plays, same goes for Vincent-Young, great players but if they can’t stay fit or we don’t provide them with the tools to stay fit what’s the point?

I agree. However I was just pointing out that we didnt miss out on our number 1 targets. Lambert got them and was backed to get them. Norwood was made some very nice offers.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 826 viewsMrTown

I’m not sure what you are expecting, he’s inherited the worst squad in the clubs history, a squad that lacks both ability and mentality.

Squad is littered with bang average league 1 players and the odd overhyped academy kid.

I think it is fair to say he’s licking his lips at disposing of this very very poor group of players.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 835 viewsitfcjoe

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:52 - Apr 5 by textbackup

I’m massively disappointed we’ve been worse since he arrived, however to me it’s pretty clear he is asking the players to go above and beyond and they simply aren’t up for the fight.

They never have been. We’ve been abysmal in ‘big’ games for years now. Having not won a cup game or any game they big up in press conferences. We lack everything that the as fans desire in our club.

There is no passion, no leadership (on or off the pitch) we have without doubt the worse, and weakest squad, I have seen in my supporting time.

Had the Cowleys arrived I have no doubt this spineless bunch of no hopes with have melted under the pressure too.

It’s a real shame that Lambert didn’t get the full booing he deserved, and that also goes for these players. It’s dire that so many are out of contract all at once with seemingly not a care in the world if they get another contract in football.

I've never seen a team turn an attack into a defensive situation so quickly and so often - there is a clear issue with players just having no confidence going forwards......you look at the worst culprits today and it is the experienced players - Judge and Ward especially.

At some point he is going to make swingeing changes to the team to try and make the play offs this season - play attacking players who don't have fear when they attack, who don't slow it down - Dobra's late run today a clear example. Players like Jackson are happier running into the channel than they are running at goal - guess it is easier there.....but everyone takes that attitude going forwards and we create nothing as no one willing to take a risk

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 829 viewsKieran_Knows

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 21:52 - Apr 5 by textbackup

Not one player wants to better themselves. He walks past the gym both morning and afternoon, to see who has come in early or stayed late, and nobody does.

He’s massive on that sort of thing. Quite rightly, the players had a day off after the Accrington game (the day he took charge). But he was up the training ground crack of dawn on the Wednesday and had hoped to see a few players in. Again, nobody came in.

I think he already knows what he wants to do this summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:15 - Apr 5 with 799 viewsitfcjoe

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:08 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

Not one player wants to better themselves. He walks past the gym both morning and afternoon, to see who has come in early or stayed late, and nobody does.

He’s massive on that sort of thing. Quite rightly, the players had a day off after the Accrington game (the day he took charge). But he was up the training ground crack of dawn on the Wednesday and had hoped to see a few players in. Again, nobody came in.

It's disappointing to read, guess as per the posts from Herbi and Steve, this is the sort of malaise that affects the club when the manager stays in his job for 12 months too long - the tone was set over the lockdown and never picked up since.

You'd expect the young players, especially those who have worked with Dyer and have to deal with his higher standards re fitness, to be doing all they can.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:17 - Apr 5 with 787 viewsMrTown

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:08 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

That’s a good insight, thanks for posting that.

No real surprise having listened to PC previously, he lives and breathes football. He speaks often about giving your life to football, and the importance that you have to do that.

For too long playing for Ipswich has been a bit of breeze, players turning up week after week and going through the motions.

I am looking forward to Paul Cook ripping this group of players apart and building his own squad.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 776 viewsMrTown

In addition, nothing will be learnt by Paul Cook between now and the end of the season.

He’ll know he can’t trust this group of players, he’ll have learnt by now what he needs to do.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:19 - Apr 5 with 773 viewstextbackup

its just the mentality of this club.

its an utterly awful bunch of players, im ashamed to have them wear our shirt.

A certain coach has said of the first team squad "they need 12 out and a new 12 in" that's not one transfer window is it either, that's a full rebuild that I just don't see our fans having the ability to understand.

what I just cant swallow is "they've been told x for so long that they cant just change"
if im at work and a manager is telling to sign off an email one way, then another comes in and says do it another way, I just do it. how can a professional footballer physically not just grasp what cook is asking of them? are they fcking idiots.... actually don't answer that.

its not all of them, and individually, surround by different players I can see their games would improve, but this lot together are utterly clueless.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:21 - Apr 5 with 758 viewsGipeswic

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:17 - Apr 5 by MrTown

That’s a good insight, thanks for posting that.

No real surprise having listened to PC previously, he lives and breathes football. He speaks often about giving your life to football, and the importance that you have to do that.

For too long playing for Ipswich has been a bit of breeze, players turning up week after week and going through the motions.

I am looking forward to Paul Cook ripping this group of players apart and building his own squad.

Hopefully with Leam Richardson coming in asap to support Paul Cook.
9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 748 viewsMrTown

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:21 - Apr 5 by Gipeswic

Hopefully with Leam Richardson coming in asap to support Paul Cook.

Again falls into the category of trust, which is a huge thing for PC, he trust Leam Richardson and I do suspect him to come in, with Gill and Walker leaving.

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 738 viewsWicklowBlue

9 points in 8 games since changing the manager.... on 22:03 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

It's conditioning not training, and if the fitness coaches were running players until they were sick at this stage of the season then they aren't doing it right. If the players aren't as fit as they need to be now it will be down to poor conditioning from the previous regime - there's not much that can really be done about it now as there simply sin't the time between games - by this stage of the season the players should just be ticking over

"If the players aren't as fit as the need to be at this stage of the season"

Agreed that's down to the previous regime totally. But to say there's nothing can be done is just accepting previous standards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024