Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. 17:30 - Apr 13 with 3097 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:30]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:31 - Apr 13 with 2707 viewsITFC_96

How has Drinan kept his place and Dobra hasn't? Not even on the bench?
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 2637 viewsSpruceMoose

Excellent. Hopefully he can back up all of his chat from yesterday with a performance. He's going to look quite the chump if he scuffs another penalty or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:33 - Apr 13 with 2599 viewsBlueFrankie26

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:31 - Apr 13 by ITFC_96

Dobra rested, not involved in either game today as he played in three games last week
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:33 - Apr 13 with 2592 viewswkj

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:31 - Apr 13 by ITFC_96

Drinan is more suited as a #10 which is just what a true #9 needs - Drinan was very good on the chase and hustle on Saturday, he just needs that finisher's instinct.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:34 - Apr 13 with 2536 viewsITFC_96

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:33 - Apr 13 by BlueFrankie26

Dobra rested, not involved in either game today as he played in three games last week

He's played less minutes than most of them lol
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:35 - Apr 13 with 2470 viewsITFC_96

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:33 - Apr 13 by wkj

Drinan is more suited as a #10 which is just what a true #9 needs - Drinan was very good on the chase and hustle on Saturday, he just needs that finisher's instinct.

Dobra is more of a 10 than Drinan is. He was very poor on Saturday. I'm not convinced.
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:35 - Apr 13 with 2459 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Just needs to keep mixing the pack until he finds a winning formula!
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:36 - Apr 13 with 2431 viewsSteve_M

I wonder if it might be 4-2-3-1, Drinan in a wide role that he has the running for. He did make our first goal of the season with a cross.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:37 - Apr 13 with 2354 viewsSwansea_Blue

Edwards at wing back again then by the looks of it. That's twice the work for Woolfenden again. That just doesn't work for me - or us based on what we've seen so far!

Presumably that's Flynn sitting behind Judge and Harrop. That must be another new midfield 3 combination we haven't seen start before? Maybe Harrop dropping a bit deeper to help out, although Judge was dropping deep last week to try and get involved, so I suppose wither could sit a bit more if needed.

I thought PC said he was going to work with a subset of the squad to try and get some consistency, or did I imagine that?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:38 - Apr 13 with 2310 viewsclive_baker

Do I not like that. Happy to see Norwood back though.

I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of that 18 aren't here next season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:38 - Apr 13 with 2295 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sears on the bench ahead of Parrot

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:40 - Apr 13 with 2188 viewsJamestownPrince

I have yet to see a league footballer in Drinan, sorry to say but at the moment I am trying hard to think of a worse striker that has played first team for us, and I have considered Ellington, Best, Proudlock, Bajner, Axeldahl, - I hope that at 8.30 I have groveled after he has scored 2 goals and set Norwood up for the third.
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 2158 viewsSpruceMoose

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:40 - Apr 13 by JamestownPrince

I have yet to see a league footballer in Drinan, sorry to say but at the moment I am trying hard to think of a worse striker that has played first team for us, and I have considered Ellington, Best, Proudlock, Bajner, Axeldahl, - I hope that at 8.30 I have groveled after he has scored 2 goals and set Norwood up for the third.

Sam Parkin?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:42 - Apr 13 with 2126 viewswkj

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:35 - Apr 13 by ITFC_96

Dobra is more of a 10 than Drinan is. He was very poor on Saturday. I'm not convinced.

The thing of it all is when we press, which we pressed beautifully in the first half (more like 30minutes) against MKD - Drinan was really doing that job remarkably well. He is by no means the best player on the books, but he does make life hard for the opposition defenders when they're on the ball.

By no means the best player on the sheet, but by far not the worst either. Nydam not being on the bench is more disappointing to me, especially when you look at Sears being there.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:44 - Apr 13 with 2018 viewspointofblue

What is the obsession with Harrop? He won’t be here next season, he’s done nothing for us to warrant a start yet he’s still hanging around the squad. Same with Sears though I guess he at least took a shot at goal on Saturday.

Drinan is such a weird one; he does so much hard work off the ball but isn’t really effective on it. He covers a lot of ground and does look like he’s trying which is a plus but a striker who can’t score is hardly a striker.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:45 - Apr 13 with 2002 viewsITFC_96

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:42 - Apr 13 by wkj

The thing of it all is when we press, which we pressed beautifully in the first half (more like 30minutes) against MKD - Drinan was really doing that job remarkably well. He is by no means the best player on the books, but he does make life hard for the opposition defenders when they're on the ball.

By no means the best player on the sheet, but by far not the worst either. Nydam not being on the bench is more disappointing to me, especially when you look at Sears being there.

That's another strange decision. Why is McGuinness on the bench this far into the season? He's going back to Arsenal in like 3 weeks...
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:46]
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:46 - Apr 13 with 1976 viewsTheBoyBlue

I don't why people are bothering to get hot under the collar about the line-ups. So many different combinations have been tried, even now different formation, we've changed managers. It is patently obvious that this bunch of players aren't going to perform and they aren't going to get up.

PC is no doubt trying all sorts to try and find something that works, but it reminds me of tidying up our house. We shift all the toys, paperwork, clothes washed and unwashed around to clear up one room, but it just makes other rooms messier and the house is still a tip, no matter what we do with all the stuff. We need a proper clear out. Both of our house and this squad, but until that happens, nothing is going to change.

Just accept that this is just going to be another dire evening whoever he put out, don't let it bother you and look forward to next season.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:48 - Apr 13 with 1866 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm a simple man. When I sees Dave U a'downvotin', I gets to upvotin'.

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:51 - Apr 13 with 1776 viewsjayessess

Hope I'm wrong, but looks like an awful line-up to me. We've gone from playing 2 up front to accommodate Jackson and Norwood, to playing it to get Drinan in the side?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:52 - Apr 13 with 1765 viewsIllinoisblue

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:38 - Apr 13 by clive_baker

Do I not like that. Happy to see Norwood back though.

I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of that 18 aren't here next season.

Let’s just hope Norwood’s not worn out from all his bantering the last few days.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:52 - Apr 13 with 1752 viewsPortman_Pie

I genuinely Ely think we’d be better off starting with 10 players than including Harrop. Even Jordan Graham looked good compared to Harrop...
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:54 - Apr 13 with 1694 viewsJDB23

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:52 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

Let’s just hope Norwood’s not worn out from all his bantering the last few days.

Subbed at half time def info
TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:56 - Apr 13 with 1638 viewsjayessess

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:54 - Apr 13 by JDB23

Subbed at half time def info

Yet to score a second half goal for us after starting this season, so we might as well!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:57]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 17:57 - Apr 13 with 1606 viewsLeoMuff

Bit of a weird one, unfortunately IFollow already has my £10....he clearly likes Drinan looks like he may well stay.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

TEAM: Norwood and Drinan lead the line. on 18:14 - Apr 13 with 1282 viewsreusersfreekicks

Drinan is not a No 10 he is a No 9 who doesn't score goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024