Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern based Blues 09:51 - Apr 21 with 6518 viewsitfcpaul

I was just wondering where *up north" anyone on here lived and if you managed to get to any home or away games?

We are based in Doncaster and (try to) get to the vast majority of home and away games, unless they are home midweek games, as that would mean getting back extremely early in the morning

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Northern based Blues on 06:30 - Apr 22 with 2269 viewsstopmoaning

Northern based Blues on 01:19 - Apr 22 by OwainG1992

Leeds here.

We lived in Kippax til recently, now Ripon.
Northern based Blues on 09:48 - Apr 22 with 2210 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Northern based Blues on 18:08 - Apr 21 by SuperCoops

Oooh, near me. Where are you? Always nice to know there's a few Townies up here.

Dunfermline.
Northern based Blues on 10:05 - Apr 22 with 2197 viewsgringoblue

Northern based Blues on 13:31 - Apr 21 by Plums

Nottingham which isn’t the north unless you’ve never left the M25.

I go to games whenever I can (but junior football and life get in the way), often with a couple of other locally based Blues.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:35]

Another Nottingham (Sherwood) based blue here! And my dad has just moved up from Clacton as well. Hopefully we'll get to some away games and start to take my little boy when we are allowed back in.
Northern based Blues on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2196 viewshype313

Northern based Blues on 18:18 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

It's also the acronym of my alma mater, which is neither near the sea nor opposite a garage and maybe where Hype is referring to.

Yes, apologies, it was also my alma mater and reading MerseyBlue's post, I thought it sounded familiar to someone I went to school with.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Northern based Blues on 11:22 - Apr 22 with 2168 viewsSuperCoops

Northern based Blues on 09:48 - Apr 22 by C_Jam_Blue

Dunfermline.

No way!?!?!?!?! Where abouts? I'm about 5 mins away.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 11:33]
Northern based Blues on 11:31 - Apr 22 with 2157 viewsRyorry

Northern based Blues on 10:05 - Apr 22 by gringoblue

Another Nottingham (Sherwood) based blue here! And my dad has just moved up from Clacton as well. Hopefully we'll get to some away games and start to take my little boy when we are allowed back in.

You've reminded me that myself & a few Leeds-based ITFC friends (two Brians, one sadly no longer with us, Span & Steve, none of whom I think used TWTD) once went by train to a Forest game, but the train was very badly delayed & we didn't arrive till about 10 mins before ft!

Similar situation with a Blades game, but we got there for ht.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Northern based Blues on 11:52 - Apr 22 with 2137 viewsgringoblue

Northern based Blues on 11:31 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

You've reminded me that myself & a few Leeds-based ITFC friends (two Brians, one sadly no longer with us, Span & Steve, none of whom I think used TWTD) once went by train to a Forest game, but the train was very badly delayed & we didn't arrive till about 10 mins before ft!

Similar situation with a Blades game, but we got there for ht.

If it was within the last 20 years then you didn't miss much, I haven't seen Town win at Forest once since I moved up here in late 2000!
Northern based Blues on 12:09 - Apr 22 with 2119 viewsjontysnut

Northern based Blues on 01:19 - Apr 22 by OwainG1992

Leeds here.

Pudsey
Login to get fewer ads

Northern based Blues on 12:14 - Apr 22 with 2117 viewsKropotkin123

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Not sure why, but this just came into my head when you wrote that...

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
Portman Road
Ipswich Town (Ipswich, Suffolk), take me home
Country roads

Was this ever sung at any game ever? Or has this made its way into my head from a board/bored suggestion a while back?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 12:15]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Northern based Blues on 13:08 - Apr 22 with 2095 viewsMenton

Northern based Blues on 10:05 - Apr 22 by gringoblue

I live on Westdale Lane, about 2 miles from Sherwood. Give us a shout if you want to meet up for a televised Town game in the future.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Northern based Blues on 13:31 - Apr 22 with 2083 viewshype313

Northern based Blues on 12:09 - Apr 22 by jontysnut

Pudsey

Bit harsh.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Northern based Blues on 15:21 - Apr 22 with 2051 viewspeterleeblue

Easington Village (near Peterlee).
Always do Sunderland, Boro, Sheffield and then PR when visiting family.
Northern based Blues on 16:39 - Apr 22 with 2038 viewsjontysnut

Northern based Blues on 13:31 - Apr 22 by hype313

Bit harsh.

It can be outside Bojangles on a Saturday night but, apart from the occasional murder, most of the time it's pretty mellow here.
Northern based Blues on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 2020 viewsStadiumofdark

Northern based Blues on 12:09 - Apr 22 by jontysnut

Pudsey

Chapel Allerton for me
Northern based Blues on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 2005 viewsGeomorph

Northern based Blues on 11:22 - Apr 22 by SuperCoops

No way!?!?!?!?! Where abouts? I'm about 5 mins away.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 11:33]

I lived there too as a kid (milesmark/crossford).
Northern based Blues on 22:15 - Apr 22 with 1980 viewsskinnybob72

Midlothian

My son, who is 8, decided when he was getting into football that Ipswich were the team for him (about 4 years ago). I was quite happy for him to ignore Scottish Football!

Anyway, it's an 800 mile round trip to Portman Road so we've only managed that once, although we were going to go at Easter last year until Covid put paid to that.

I try to get tickets for games in the northern half of the country so we've been to Preston, Hull, Blackpool, Accrington, Tranmere, Sunderland and Bolton so far. Plus we made the pre season friendly at Colchester when we were on holday down there.

Hoping that some of Sheff Wed & Rotherham get relegated and that some of Bolton, Tranmere & Morecombe get promoted as that gives more options next season. Wigan & Rochdale staying up would be useful too.

I started off fairly neutral (Hearts are really my team) but we've watched about 30 games on iFollow this season and I've found myself getting increasingly annoyed at the poor run of results and performances!!

Anyway, looking forward to getitng to more games soon as I really enjoy the day / weekend out.

So glad he didn't choose someone like Liverpool or Man Utd.
Northern based Blues on 22:53 - Apr 22 with 1968 viewsbrazil1982

Near Rochdale try to get to most away matches up this way. Usually one home match a season.
Northern based Blues on 07:48 - Apr 23 with 1916 viewsPlums

Northern based Blues on 12:14 - Apr 22 by Kropotkin123

Not sure why, but this just came into my head when you wrote that...

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
Portman Road
Ipswich Town (Ipswich, Suffolk), take me home
Country roads

Was this ever sung at any game ever? Or has this made its way into my head from a board/bored suggestion a while back?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 12:15]

The original was played over the tannoy when Jon Walters returned as he’d posted a picture of it playing in his car as a hint. That’s the only time I can recall.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Northern based Blues on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 1889 viewsgardins01

Live in Birmingham. Do around 3 home games a year plus a mix of away
Northern based Blues on 10:37 - Apr 23 with 1887 viewsMetal_Hacker

So in addition to this Northern thread and me living in Sheffield - working from home has given me the opportunity to be nosey out of the window and had noticed months ago a guy walk past in a Town coat. Cut a long story short I saw him again the other day and long story short , he lives like 6 doors down from me !!!!

Who'd have thunk it !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Northern based Blues on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 1869 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Manchester. Eastern part of the city.

Attend all Town games at North, Yorkshire, Midlands + occasssional treks to Portman Road.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024