Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays football 09:11 - May 8 with 1602 viewsHARRY10

Is about who will be relegated from the Championship - 12.30pm k.o.

Wycombe still can stay up, if they have the other results go their way.... and they score 13 plus goals

Rotherham have to win at Cardiff or they are relegated whatever happens between Derby v Sheff Weds

A draw for Derby keeps them up if Rotherham don't win

A win keeps Weds up if Rotherham don't win

Hopefully it will see a bit of to'ing and fro'ing over the 90 mins - and whatever happens it has been a sh it time for three clubs all within a few mile of each other

Meanwhile coming from the other direction (L2) one automatic is up for grabs, as is the final play off place
Todays football on 09:14 - May 8 with 1475 viewsMB26

Let's be honest we all want Derby to come down. Don't think I can survive Rotherham doing the double over us for another season.
Todays football on 09:16 - May 8 with 1457 viewsskinnybob72

Derby have new owners (I think) who might throw some money around - would be better for Town's promotion prospects next season if Derby stayed up.
Todays football on 09:23 - May 8 with 1426 viewsPlums

I’m completely torn. I have a number of friends who are Derby fans but as `I live close by, selfishly I’d like a local game to go to next season!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Todays football on 09:25 - May 8 with 1409 viewshype313

Todays football on 09:16 - May 8 by skinnybob72

Derby have new owners (I think) who might throw some money around - would be better for Town's promotion prospects next season if Derby stayed up.

It's all gone quiet on that front recently, do wonder if the new investors are waiting to see what league they end up in before commiting.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Todays football on 09:26 - May 8 with 1397 viewsBlueBadger

They don't yet and are an utter shambles. I'd rather face the uncertainty of Derby than a streetwise Rotherham next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Todays football on 09:30 - May 8 with 1379 viewsBobbychase

It's all going wrong with their new owner it seems, so they might be an absolute basket case of a club if they came down.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Todays football on 09:31 - May 8 with 1377 viewsHARRY10

Todays football on 09:14 - May 8 by MB26

Let's be honest we all want Derby to come down. Don't think I can survive Rotherham doing the double over us for another season.

Both Derby and Weds have been lame ducks for some while - due to dodgy financial shenanigans

Relegation means a loss of around £6m (?) in TV money - and whichever 2 two of the three there is little in it for our away fans.

having them in L1 next season will certainly add to the quality - and put a possibility of the number former FA cup winners up to eight

name them ?
Todays football on 09:35 - May 8 with 1359 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Todays football on 09:31 - May 8 by HARRY10

Both Derby and Weds have been lame ducks for some while - due to dodgy financial shenanigans

Relegation means a loss of around £6m (?) in TV money - and whichever 2 two of the three there is little in it for our away fans.

having them in L1 next season will certainly add to the quality - and put a possibility of the number former FA cup winners up to eight

name them ?

Ipswich, Bolton, Sunderland, Wigan, Sheffield Wed, Derby, Wimbledon. There's 7 without much thought.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays football on 09:36 - May 8 with 1351 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Come on Rotherham.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Todays football on 09:37 - May 8 with 1339 viewsSitfcB

Derby down please.

Will be superb.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Todays football on 09:39 - May 8 with 1325 viewsWacko

Todays football on 09:35 - May 8 by The_Last_Baron

Ipswich, Bolton, Sunderland, Wigan, Sheffield Wed, Derby, Wimbledon. There's 7 without much thought.

Portsmouth

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Todays football on 09:58 - May 8 with 1258 viewsMetal_Hacker

Todays football on 09:25 - May 8 by hype313

It's all gone quiet on that front recently, do wonder if the new investors are waiting to see what league they end up in before commiting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1688203-derby-county-news-con

Poll: If it were one or the other

Todays football on 10:34 - May 8 with 1192 viewsLeaky

I read somewhere Derby's new owners were looking to re-mortgage Pride Park tp finance the purchase. seens unlikely as didnt they sell there ground to get round FFP.
Todays football on 10:41 - May 8 with 1183 viewsChurchman

From give me sport.com:

‘According to the Daily Mail, the Spanish businessman had his bank account frozen by tax authorities in his home country after the Football League asked him to deposit £35m into a holding escrow account.
It is understood that the authorities were investigating the £65m which he used to provide proof of funds after the EFL contacted them as part of their Owners and Directors test.
Alonso denied earlier this week that a deal between him and current owner Mel Morris was in jeopardy after a report emerged suggesting that he would be looking to refinance Pride Park.’

Enough said really. As far as I’m concerned I’d rather Sheffield Weds or R’ham stayed up than Derby. Their sense of entitlement over the past few years has been annoying.
Todays football on 10:49 - May 8 with 1150 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derbys new owners appear to have sod all money.

They are more likely to be battling a 12 PT deduction by the end of the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Todays football on 11:04 - May 8 with 1099 viewswoodbridge_blue

Todays football on 09:39 - May 8 by Wacko

Portsmouth

Blackpool makes nine.
Todays football on 11:08 - May 8 with 1084 viewspointofblue

Todays football on 11:04 - May 8 by woodbridge_blue

Blackpool makes nine.

Though Blackpool may go up.

Rotherham have thrown away their chance of survival to be honest. Derby will probably beat Sheffield Wednesday to confirm it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Todays football on 11:12 - May 8 with 1076 viewsTractorgirlforever

We always do well against derby so id love to see derby relegated .
Todays football on 11:12 - May 8 with 1076 viewsPJH

Derby down please, please, please.

Not too bothered who comes with them.
Todays football on 11:14 - May 8 with 1071 viewsTractorgirlforever

Todays football on 09:25 - May 8 by hype313

Yes apparently the deal hasnt gone through yet. There was meant to be a mass protest outside the ground yesterday but it was called off as the ground is right next door to the covid vaccine centre and they didnt want to disrupt the vaccine programme
Todays football on 11:21 - May 8 with 1047 viewsGiant_Midget

I want Wycombe to really shake things up and win by 12.
Todays football on 11:31 - May 8 with 1013 viewsGiant_Midget

Todays football on 10:41 - May 8 by Churchman

From give me sport.com:

‘According to the Daily Mail, the Spanish businessman had his bank account frozen by tax authorities in his home country after the Football League asked him to deposit £35m into a holding escrow account.
It is understood that the authorities were investigating the £65m which he used to provide proof of funds after the EFL contacted them as part of their Owners and Directors test.
Alonso denied earlier this week that a deal between him and current owner Mel Morris was in jeopardy after a report emerged suggesting that he would be looking to refinance Pride Park.’

Enough said really. As far as I’m concerned I’d rather Sheffield Weds or R’ham stayed up than Derby. Their sense of entitlement over the past few years has been annoying.

He seems completely stable,

Todays football on 11:51 - May 8 with 975 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We're all Sheff Weds fans today aren't we

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Todays football on 14:09 - May 8 with 797 viewsHARRY10

Todays football on 09:35 - May 8 by The_Last_Baron

and not giving any chance for others to have a go
Todays football on 14:13 - May 8 with 782 viewsHARRY10

Todays football on 11:51 - May 8 by BlueandTruesince82

We're all Sheff Weds fans today aren't we

they took the lead at 0-1

derby back 1-1, then 2-1 ...safe

then 2-2

now 2-3 going down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024