Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a go at redesigning the club badge 17:13 - May 14 with 4974 viewsbugblatter

For a bit of fun I had a look at giving the club badge a redesign.

Have a read of my blog post, if it is of interest to you…

http://www.comehitherdesign.com/blog/files/itfc-badge-redesign.php
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:58 - May 14 with 1004 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:55 - May 14 by XYZ

When are they going to rename stockholm syndrome in your honour?

How dare you! I can like blue - you lot don't own it you know! All my clothes are blue actually.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:00 - May 14 with 1004 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:48 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

Font-tastic!

Love a bit of fancy font-work. And I really like the “mashed” Ws.

I think it’s a tough job too. The horse, ball and waves are strange elements – and aren’t massively associated with the ITFC brand by anyone other than us who can see the connection back to teams wearing a similar badge in the late 70s and early 80s.

Perhaps like in the 1970s, it’s time to do a complete re-think? Particularly about the elements.

And I’m definitely not saying tractors!!

I think i might be sad enough to know that font with the w. Deary me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:01 - May 14 with 1000 viewsSwansea_Blue

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:58 - May 14 by giant_stow

How dare you! I can like blue - you lot don't own it you know! All my clothes are blue actually.

If all your clothes are blue, does that mean you’re a closet Town fan.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:02 - May 14 with 996 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:56 - May 14 by jeera

What you don't want is two colours that just don't go together.

As far as kit/badge designs go, that could be catastrophic.

I do you hope you're not talking about mother nature's chosen colour combo of green and yellow?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:03 - May 14 with 992 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:01 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

If all your clothes are blue, does that mean you’re a closet Town fan.

No!

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:08 - May 14 with 977 viewsDarth_Koont

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:00 - May 14 by giant_stow

I think i might be sad enough to know that font with the w. Deary me.

It’s a Rennie Mackintosh isn’t it? Gave me distinct Scottish vibes anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:16 - May 14 with 958 viewsSwansea_Blue

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:03 - May 14 by giant_stow

No!

Not you ignoring my jokes as well. My talents are wasted on this place (except for Darth)

On the issue of kit colours, to be fair to you lot you did have my favourite ever kit launch.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/norwich-city-mocked-

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:22 - May 14 with 947 viewshoppy

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:16 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Not you ignoring my jokes as well. My talents are wasted on this place (except for Darth)

On the issue of kit colours, to be fair to you lot you did have my favourite ever kit launch.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/norwich-city-mocked-

Haha... that was brilliant. I could never decide which looked worse... the yellow and green or the green and yellow one... and as for that hideous yellow and green one as well...

Oh, and I often appreciate your jokes... but that’s not saying much coming from me, is it?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 21:23]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:25 - May 14 with 942 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:16 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

I'm very slow, don't mind me.

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:27 - May 14 with 940 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:08 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

You're right (and I looked up the font I had in mind, but nothing like it)

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:46 - May 14 with 931 viewsVic

I like the way the horse seems to be doing some sort of stepover.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:48 - May 14 with 928 viewsXYZ

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:58 - May 14 by giant_stow

You admired our horse.
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:52 - May 14 with 922 viewsPhilTWTD

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:18 - May 14 by bugblatter

I loved that old Bluey. I really do often wonder what happened to him. He must be somewhere. They wouldn’t have skipped him surely?!

AN INVESTIGATION MUST BE ARRANGED.

Shall I start a crowd-funder?

I did an investigative piece some years ago. The headline was Old Bluey Turned to Gluey which may give a few clues about his fate.
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:00 - May 14 with 903 viewsDarth_Koont

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:52 - May 14 by PhilTWTD

I did an investigative piece some years ago. The headline was Old Bluey Turned to Gluey which may give a few clues about his fate.

Very nice work.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 22:02]

Pronouns: He/Him

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:10 - May 14 with 893 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:39 - May 14 with 881 viewsKropotkin123

It's good start, and looks like you had fun.

I think you've broken some of your own design rules/observations. You talk about the Forest badge and others as inspiration for dropping part of the name or dropping the names in their entirety. This gives those a decluttered feel. But then you add FC and the founding date in there and it clutters it back up again.

The referenced new badges have taken out colours, stripping them back to 1-3 colours. But you've gone from 3 to 4 colours. Again, it makes it feel cluttered and too much.

I like the changes to the horse, but think it could be refined.

Overall, I think your analysis has been spot on, but the end-product needs to conform to that.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 22:40]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:39 - May 14 with 883 viewsghostofescobar

I like them. Good work.

GhostOfEscobar

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:40 - May 14 with 880 viewsbugblatter

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:08 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

It’s actually just Gill Sans (the same as the current logo, just not in bold). I made the W by crashing together two Vs…
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 23:47 - May 14 with 850 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 21:46 - May 14 by Vic

I like the way the horse seems to be doing some sort of stepover.

In a nice nod to Gwion, the horse has mis-controlled the ball.
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:04 - May 15 with 848 viewshoppy

Interesting blog - I enjoyed reading that.

With your final one, I would prefer not to have the split blue myself. I like the blue of the streamlined ones you'd got without the shield, so I think that would work better overall - I like what you've done in getting rid of so many keylines too - looks much cleaner and better like that. Nice work.

If it was changing, I'd like to go with your more streamlined approach, but retain the shield - something like this, with the same blue overall, and then rather than having a second blue, the Suffolk Punch just using grey against the blue...

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:30 - May 15 with 838 viewsKropotkin123

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:04 - May 15 by hoppy

With your final one, I would prefer not to have the split blue myself. I like the blue of the streamlined ones you'd got without the shield, so I think that would work better overall - I like what you've done in getting rid of so many keylines too - looks much cleaner and better like that. Nice work.

If it was changing, I'd like to go with your more streamlined approach, but retain the shield - something like this, with the same blue overall, and then rather than having a second blue, the Suffolk Punch just using grey against the blue...

That looks cleaner. Much better than the current badge. Still not sure we need the FC and founding date though.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:36 - May 15 with 836 viewsSitfcB

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:04 - May 15 by hoppy

It just looks like some cheap tacky rip off though.

Sorry
[Post edited 15 May 2021 0:36]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 00:38 - May 15 with 833 viewshoppy

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 22:40 - May 14 by bugblatter

It’s actually just Gill Sans (the same as the current logo, just not in bold). I made the W by crashing together two Vs…

It's got a bit of Hypatia Sans Pro about it as well...

https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/adobe/hypatia-sans-pro

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 09:14 - May 15 with 729 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

I'd love to see the version you tried with a gold /yellow background.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 09:27 - May 15 with 721 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting and thoughtful effort. Logos are always contentious - and the simpler the better often seems the best option.

I see someone has already shared my own view - that the red is an unwarranted extra. I also think you overegged it with the fetlocks - make the horse looks like it is wearing 1920's football boots.

On a slightly more cynical note the club is now an offshore investment - so a background of £ and$ signs, or the horse tilted and drowning in a river of debt might more be appropriate to the modern club

Interesting artcile though - thanks for sharing

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024