Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is 20:15 - Jun 7 with 6560 viewsNthsuffolkblue

a racist act".

I am sorry people who commit racist acts are racists. The people who boo taking the knee are racists. They may not like to be called racists but they are racists.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:17 - Jun 8 with 853 viewsSpruceMoose

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:14 - Jun 8 by Ewan_Oozami

So you're say footballers support the burning of flags on the Centotaph, want to defund the Police and abolish currency?

In the outrage stakes it's a sad truth that for some people burning flags>tasering people to death.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:19 - Jun 8 with 847 viewsjeera

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Alternatively you could stop blaming others for your misunderstanding of the subject and make a bit more effort to inform yourself.

In truth, all you've done is highlight the reason why so many people still hold similar views to yourself.

You haven't bothered much beyond a few images of some shops being robbed by some unruly types and an idiot who didn't know the difference between a slave trade owner and a monument for dead servicemen.

Hundreds of years of abuse overlooked because of an ignorant teenager.

You have completely ignored the central discussion, which is about ingrained racism.

Being anti-racist is not, and should not be a left-wing matter, but one of common decency man.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:19 - Jun 8 with 842 viewsRyorry

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:01 - Jun 8 by Herbivore

There are a lot of dim views about, not least on this thread.

I suspect a lot of people are just ignorant rather than wilfully racist, & need educating, but this forum has actually been excellent for that educational aspect.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:22 - Jun 8 with 836 viewsSpruceMoose

You've really swallowed that right wing propaganda eh? I get it, it happens, but it's the complete lack of desire to educate yourself and improve your understanding that concerns me most.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:23 - Jun 8 with 839 viewsArnoldMoorhen

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:13 - Jun 8 by noggin

Black Lives Matter jumped on The Cenotaph
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 12:14]

This is it:

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/protestor-union-flag-cenotaph-257875

One idiot tried and failed to burn a Union Flag and so booers got to boo, apparently.
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:26 - Jun 8 with 825 viewsSpruceMoose

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:19 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

I suspect a lot of people are just ignorant rather than wilfully racist, & need educating, but this forum has actually been excellent for that educational aspect.

We've been trying but I can't think of anyone we've convinced.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:31 - Jun 8 with 797 viewsnoggin

And that's BLM you say, the whole movement? Your report states that is was a 'largely peaceful protest'

What are your thoughts about this?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/14/blm-supporter-speaks-out-after-car

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:33 - Jun 8 with 800 viewsleitrimblue

So you don't think that black lives matter?
Login to get fewer ads

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:34 - Jun 8 with 784 viewsnoggin

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:19 - Jun 8 by jeera

Alternatively you could stop blaming others for your misunderstanding of the subject and make a bit more effort to inform yourself.

In truth, all you've done is highlight the reason why so many people still hold similar views to yourself.

You haven't bothered much beyond a few images of some shops being robbed by some unruly types and an idiot who didn't know the difference between a slave trade owner and a monument for dead servicemen.

Hundreds of years of abuse overlooked because of an ignorant teenager.

You have completely ignored the central discussion, which is about ingrained racism.

Being anti-racist is not, and should not be a left-wing matter, but one of common decency man.

POTD Jeera.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:34 - Jun 8 with 789 viewsHalifaxBlue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:06 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

There could be people who are not racist but are annoyed with what is in their eyes their sport being used as a vehicle for what started as a protest over something that happened in a different country. I don’t doubt there are many people booing for the wrong reasons but I don’t think you can claim everybody’s booing for the same reason.

The booing you are describing is still racist though. Racism does not require intent. If you vocally oppose an act of anti-racism, you are engaging in a racist act. Your intent is irrelevant. Especially if you do not come from a place of experiencing racism. When you voice disapproval at black athletes using their hard-earned platform to try and take a stand, this is racist regardless of intent.

People need to get past this idea that racism is always coming from a place of violence or hatred. It can also come from a place of ignorance, or a place of self-interest, or many other places.

Modern racism manifests itself much more prominently in systems/institutions and in ignorance than it does in violence and hatred.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 763 viewsRyorry

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:26 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

We've been trying but I can't think of anyone we've convinced.

Me for starters (re BLM as an organisation in particular, plus the right of the BAME community to decide for themselves what tactics serve them best in the fight against racism) - you and Eireblue have both been especially eloquent & informative on this, so thank you :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 765 viewsjeera

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:23 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

This is it:

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/protestor-union-flag-cenotaph-257875

One idiot tried and failed to burn a Union Flag and so booers got to boo, apparently.

And matey has failed to mention how he was being yelled at by a number of the crowd to get down..

Honestly, the more I see this sh1t the more despondent at the ignorance I become.

A couple of idiots and he is saying, "they're all the same".

Ah, and where have we heard that before?

But don't call them racist, they don't like it.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 761 viewsSpruceMoose

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:37 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Me for starters (re BLM as an organisation in particular, plus the right of the BAME community to decide for themselves what tactics serve them best in the fight against racism) - you and Eireblue have both been especially eloquent & informative on this, so thank you :)

Well, I didn't realise that! As someone who has had his own work to do in eliminating my biases it's a nice thing to hear!

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:40 - Jun 8 with 753 viewseireblue

Just so I have this straight.

The England team have made it clear why they are doing this.
There will be players that get racist abuse, and will take 10-20 seconds to convey a message that racism is not acceptable, their teammates and manager will be supporting them as well.

As will the majority of the crowd.

Some Ipswich Town players may well get racist abuse. And the team may well decide, to continue to follow the example of the England team.

But your emotional reaction would not be determined by the football players of teams you support, right in front of you, or the overwhelming majority of supports clapping, but rather your emotional reaction is based on a news item where a couple of people acted wrongly.

That person that climbed on that statue won't hear your boos or claps.

Your team will.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 12:45]
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:46 - Jun 8 with 720 viewsnoggin

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 12:37 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Burwellian has been educated here today but I doubt it will weaken his VERY simplistic views of a very complex situation.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:09 - Jun 8 with 685 viewsnoggin

You're really not making any sense here fella.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 676 viewsSpruceMoose

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:33 - Jun 8 with 629 viewsleitrimblue

So you think that black lives matter, but that black lives matter don't think that black lives matter? Interesting take. I think ITFC should use the Ipswich lives in racial harmony slogan on every press release, statement and piece of merchandise etc. Would send out a very strong message of where we stand as a club
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:39 - Jun 8 with 607 viewsfooters

Lol. No, stop, don't, come back.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:39 - Jun 8 with 605 viewsjeera

You've deliberately ignored every point that has been made in favour of repeating the same thing.

As has already been established quite some time ago, this is a massive problem both on here and in the wider world.

Form a view based on [often misplaced] sentiment and stick to it regardless of any information that comes your way.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:47 - Jun 8 with 837 viewsHerbivore

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:33 - Jun 8 by leitrimblue

So you think that black lives matter, but that black lives matter don't think that black lives matter? Interesting take. I think ITFC should use the Ipswich lives in racial harmony slogan on every press release, statement and piece of merchandise etc. Would send out a very strong message of where we stand as a club

I think Ipswich should live in racial harmony, but Ipswich lives in racial harmony doesn't think Ipswich should live in racial harmony.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:51 - Jun 8 with 827 viewstractorboy7777

What would people’s opinions be on football players taking the knee before every game to support an anti homophobia abuse group rather than Black Lives Matter? Just out of curiosity...

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:51 - Jun 8 with 815 viewsfooters

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:51 - Jun 8 by tractorboy7777

What would people’s opinions be on football players taking the knee before every game to support an anti homophobia abuse group rather than Black Lives Matter? Just out of curiosity...

Sure, why not. Why do you ask?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:54 - Jun 8 with 802 viewsnoggin

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:51 - Jun 8 by tractorboy7777

Decent people would support it 100%. I imagine the same people booing the England players last week would boo this.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:57 - Jun 8 with 795 viewstractorboy7777

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 13:51 - Jun 8 by footers

Sure, why not. Why do you ask?

I just don’t understand why BLM is getting the only focus when homophobia is on the rise as well in recent years as well. Some peoples opinion on the knee is that other abuse areas should be made aware of as well

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024