Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Wickham 20:51 - Jun 8 with 5205 viewsbob12

Wickham has been released by Palace... would you take him?
Connor Wickham on 20:52 - Jun 8 with 4347 viewssitocastro

Absolutely not.

How many games has he started the last 2 seasons? 10 max?
Connor Wickham on 20:53 - Jun 8 with 4341 viewsMB26

I think it's more of a case of would he drop down this far. He's been sitting on 40k a week for years. Big drop off, we would be stretching ourselves massively to pay him 30-40% of that.
Connor Wickham on 20:55 - Jun 8 with 4292 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Connor Wickham on 20:52 - Jun 8 by sitocastro

Absolutely not.

How many games has he started the last 2 seasons? 10 max?

Is that because he couldn't get into a Premier League side or because he was injured?

If he is fit enough, I would happily see him here. However, I will trust those better placed to make that decision. I am certain he would be good enough at this level and probably in the Championship too. He is aged 28 so plenty of years left if he is fit.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Connor Wickham on 20:57 - Jun 8 with 4251 viewsBiGDonnie

Put it this way, if we, or anyone else hasn't signed him by the time FM22 comes out, he will be my first signing with Ipswich EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'd take him.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Connor Wickham on 20:58 - Jun 8 with 4227 viewsElderGrizzly

Connor Wickham on 20:55 - Jun 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is that because he couldn't get into a Premier League side or because he was injured?

If he is fit enough, I would happily see him here. However, I will trust those better placed to make that decision. I am certain he would be good enough at this level and probably in the Championship too. He is aged 28 so plenty of years left if he is fit.

Bit of both. A lot of injuries and when fit some really unimpressive loan spells in the Championship.

I'm sure someone lower in the Champ will take a punt on him, but we couldn't afford to.
Connor Wickham on 21:00 - Jun 8 with 4181 viewssitocastro

Connor Wickham on 20:55 - Jun 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think that is the trouble, fitness.

Since August 2019 hes only made 21 appearances for Palace and Sheffield Wednesday (on loan)

Last appearance 22nd July
Connor Wickham on 21:03 - Jun 8 with 4130 viewsnorfsufblue

If there was a way our new owners could fund it and he could prove his fitness with short pay when you play deal( I'm sure most clubs will want some degree of this given his injury record).... then absolutely, could end up being that marquee signing we all crave!
Connor Wickham on 21:03 - Jun 8 with 4129 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Wickham on 21:06 - Jun 8 with 4091 viewsSeablu

He’s managed 140 odd games in the 10 years since he left.
He won’t suddenly manage a full season.
Someone like Huddersfield will take a punt and dump him in January.
Connor Wickham on 21:07 - Jun 8 with 4067 viewsWD19

Connor Wickham on 20:53 - Jun 8 by MB26

I think it's more of a case of would he drop down this far. He's been sitting on 40k a week for years. Big drop off, we would be stretching ourselves massively to pay him 30-40% of that.

Somebody in the Championship will take a punt on him at double the wages we could afford.

Maybe he will go back to Reading.
Connor Wickham on 21:11 - Jun 8 with 4012 viewsHARRY10

Connor Wickham on 21:03 - Jun 8 by norfsufblue

If there was a way our new owners could fund it and he could prove his fitness with short pay when you play deal( I'm sure most clubs will want some degree of this given his injury record).... then absolutely, could end up being that marquee signing we all crave!

So he wouldn't get paid while he was training, or even on the bench ?

I can see him, and his agent accepting that
Connor Wickham on 21:15 - Jun 8 with 3946 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Connor Wickham on 21:11 - Jun 8 by HARRY10

So he wouldn't get paid while he was training, or even on the bench ?

I can see him, and his agent accepting that

Depends on whether it is the best offer he can get. Plenty of players who have needed to prove their fitness have signed short term pay-as-you-play deals. If they can prover their fitness, they are also in a far better position to negotiate a good contract than when the concerns hang over them.

Clearly, if a Championship side is prepared to offer him a decent deal he is more likely to accept that. It all depends what he is offered.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Connor Wickham on 21:21 - Jun 8 with 3889 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Connor Wickham on 21:06 - Jun 8 by Seablu

He’s managed 140 odd games in the 10 years since he left.
He won’t suddenly manage a full season.
Someone like Huddersfield will take a punt and dump him in January.

Rhodes & Wickham partnership
Connor Wickham on 21:25 - Jun 8 with 3823 viewsStewart27

Absolutely not
Connor Wickham on 21:29 - Jun 8 with 3784 viewsBloomBlue

Been paid £40k a week basically to sit on the treatment table for the last 8 years, would have been a perfect fit for the PL squad but not now we need players who can play for the whole season.
Connor Wickham on 21:30 - Jun 8 with 3772 viewsgtsb1966

No. This club needs to forget about the recent past and look forwards as it's currently doing.
Connor Wickham on 21:49 - Jun 8 with 3597 viewsfergalsharkey

Poll: Cook out?

Connor Wickham on 21:56 - Jun 8 with 3551 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Might have been on here, this was some years back now but I'm sure I read an account of Wikham heading back on a train after an away game trying to convince some kid to buy him a coke as didn't have any money and generally being a bit do you know who I am.

Any One else remember that.

Not that I care if he were to turn up and bang in 20 goals for us but still, bit knobby.

Can't belive Palace have held onto him for do long. Guess it's hard to offload someone when they're injured

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Connor Wickham on 00:41 - Jun 9 with 3017 viewsWallingford_Boy

Connor Wickham on 21:07 - Jun 8 by WD19

Somebody in the Championship will take a punt on him at double the wages we could afford.

Maybe he will go back to Reading.

BACK to Reading?!?

RIP Sir Bobby

Connor Wickham on 08:11 - Jun 9 with 2606 viewsBluefish

Connor Wickham on 21:56 - Jun 8 by BlueandTruesince82

Might have been on here, this was some years back now but I'm sure I read an account of Wikham heading back on a train after an away game trying to convince some kid to buy him a coke as didn't have any money and generally being a bit do you know who I am.

Any One else remember that.

Not that I care if he were to turn up and bang in 20 goals for us but still, bit knobby.

Can't belive Palace have held onto him for do long. Guess it's hard to offload someone when they're injured

I'd buy him a coke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Connor Wickham on 08:13 - Jun 9 with 2590 viewsBluefish

Connor Wickham on 21:03 - Jun 8 by norfsufblue

This board forever bangs out paynas you play deals. Please can you name one footballer in the past 5 maybe even 10 years that has been on a pay as you play deal?

It probably isn't even legal

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Connor Wickham on 08:17 - Jun 9 with 2563 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Could be a direct replacement for Emyr Huws.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Connor Wickham on 08:28 - Jun 9 with 2522 viewsitfcjoe

Be very interested to see where he ends up, if he could get fit would be a top Championship striker, let alone in League 1

Someone will likely take a risk on him, I'd be all up for us doing so assuming we aren't hamstrung elsewhere if we do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Connor Wickham on 08:30 - Jun 9 with 2500 viewschicoazul

Connor Wickham on 08:13 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

This board forever bangs out paynas you play deals. Please can you name one footballer in the past 5 maybe even 10 years that has been on a pay as you play deal?

So weird how much of TWTD hates wicked right wing fascist zero hours contracts and loves pay as you play football contracts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Connor Wickham on 08:30 - Jun 9 with 2501 viewsitfcjoe

Connor Wickham on 08:13 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

Yep, might be heavy boonuses for playing, but all would be on top of a decent wage as well.

The 'risk' the club takes is to have someone for well under market value if they are fit, it's not the players risk

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024