Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Crooks bid falls short 15:09 - Jun 30 with 6426 viewsPattiswickBlue

The Rotherham Advertiser are reporting that a bid for Matt Crooks has fallen way short of their valuation, I haven’t got access to the article so can’t see if it’s an Ipswich bid. - https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,matt-crooks-bid-falls-short-what
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 4201 viewsJ2BLUE

£400,000? Surely not? That would be taking the piss to be fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 4194 viewsBlueNomad

Maybe we'll raise the bid.........
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 4198 viewsFPL_Tractor

Looks like we bid 400k. For a club furloughing playing staff I think it's cheeky that the start of the article implies that's a long way below the asking price.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:14 - Jun 30 with 4129 viewsSitfcB

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:12 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

Did you pay a quid to read it?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:14 - Jun 30 with 4131 viewsStokieBlue

It's too little of course but he is in the last year of his contract.

They get nothing next year and at the moment have furloughed their players rather than paying them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:15 - Jun 30 with 4090 viewsiamipswich

It's all part of the dance. Can't go in with a large offer so they start thinking he's worth £2 million or something.

Nice to see that we're the ones leading the way and not dithering. Very unlike the old Ipswich.

Poll: Who will return first?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:17 - Jun 30 with 4027 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect £750k with add on's will get the deal done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:19 - Jun 30 with 3988 viewsSWGF

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:14 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

WANTED man Matt Crooks will begin pre-season as a Rotherham United player as interested clubs have yet to come close to matching the Millers’ valuation of their prized midfielder.

The 27-year-old is entering the final year of his contract and a number of teams are keen on luring him away from AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Several Championship sides, including Derby County, Middlesbrough and Peterborough United, are hovering but have yet to make serious moves.

The Advertiser understands that League One side Ipswich Town have submitted an initial bid of around £400,000 which is way, way below what Rotherham consider Crooks to be worth.

“I don’t want to talk about individual clubs because I don’t think it’s right,” Warne said. “I can say, though, that there hasn’t been a bid that has even tempted the chairman to let one of our main assets go.”

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:25 - Jun 30 with 3791 viewspointofblue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:19 - Jun 30 by SWGF

WANTED man Matt Crooks will begin pre-season as a Rotherham United player as interested clubs have yet to come close to matching the Millers’ valuation of their prized midfielder.

The 27-year-old is entering the final year of his contract and a number of teams are keen on luring him away from AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Several Championship sides, including Derby County, Middlesbrough and Peterborough United, are hovering but have yet to make serious moves.

The Advertiser understands that League One side Ipswich Town have submitted an initial bid of around £400,000 which is way, way below what Rotherham consider Crooks to be worth.

“I don’t want to talk about individual clubs because I don’t think it’s right,” Warne said. “I can say, though, that there hasn’t been a bid that has even tempted the chairman to let one of our main assets go.”

Bit of a mick take bid to start with. The longer the dally the more likely a Championship side will come in. Feels like Warne’s comments are a sort of “come and get him”.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:28 - Jun 30 with 3723 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:25 - Jun 30 by pointofblue

Bit of a mick take bid to start with. The longer the dally the more likely a Championship side will come in. Feels like Warne’s comments are a sort of “come and get him”.

I'm still seeing something in crooks rather bizarre like of a town fan tweet. I reckon it's all done and dusted and it's just paper talk with no source checking.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:30 - Jun 30 with 3653 viewsxrayspecs

They are hardly going to say that any offer was too generous are they....
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:31 - Jun 30 with 3626 viewspointofblue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:28 - Jun 30 by chrismakin

I'm still seeing something in crooks rather bizarre like of a town fan tweet. I reckon it's all done and dusted and it's just paper talk with no source checking.

Could be we have agreed terms with Crooks but not with Rotherham? Not that that is the way to go about things officially, of course, but I’m sure it happens.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:33 - Jun 30 with 3568 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:14 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

No. It shows the first couple of sentences and then greys out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:33 - Jun 30 with 3562 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:31 - Jun 30 by pointofblue

Could be we have agreed terms with Crooks but not with Rotherham? Not that that is the way to go about things officially, of course, but I’m sure it happens.

Possibly. Agents do certainly talk. Also having been on furlough wouldnt he as an individual be within his rights to talk to other potential employers?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:38 - Jun 30 with 3465 viewsStokieBlue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:28 - Jun 30 by chrismakin

You might be right but I think you also need to factor in that not everybody takes social media as seriously as you and thus they might not actually care what they like because to them it doesn't matter and they don't expect people to analyse or even notice every Tweet they like.

SB

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:59 - Jun 30 with 3196 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:38 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

You might be right but I think you also need to factor in that not everybody takes social media as seriously as you and thus they might not actually care what they like because to them it doesn't matter and they don't expect people to analyse or even notice every Tweet they like.

SB

You could well be right. But to clarify, I wasnt the one who noticed it.

And no everybody doesnt take social media seriously.

Same as not everyone has to see the world in your black and white way..but each to their own.

How did I find out about crooks liking that post... because other people were talking about it..... which is shocking if I am to you the only one to seems to take things 'seriously' on social media.

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:02 - Jun 30 with 3173 viewsPhilTWTD

I think we'll get him, might take a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but think it will happen eventually.
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:03 - Jun 30 with 3151 viewstractorboy1978

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:38 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

SB

The bizarre thing about that was that it was clearly an accidental like underneath a post he had gone out of his way to look at as he follows neither the club or Bonne.
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:07 - Jun 30 with 3092 viewsdavblue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:02 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

I think we'll get him, might take a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but think it will happen eventually.

Have you got your new shirt with Crooks on the back then?
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:07 - Jun 30 with 3081 viewsPhilTWTD

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:07 - Jun 30 by davblue

Have you got your new shirt with Crooks on the back then?

I shall just recycle my old one from 1995, adding an S.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:08 - Jun 30 with 3069 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:02 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Phil.. is it poss we could have things personally agreed before the fee has been agreed?

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:10 - Jun 30 with 3024 viewsdavblue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:07 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

I shall just recycle my old one from 1995, adding an S.

This post has been edited by an administrator

haha, great reply!
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:12 - Jun 30 with 2977 viewsSitfcB

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:03 - Jun 30 by tractorboy1978

The bizarre thing about that was that it was clearly an accidental like underneath a post he had gone out of his way to look at as he follows neither the club or Bonne.

He got @‘ed in a reply though. Could’ve just been an accidental like, easily done. Soon unliked it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:14 - Jun 30 with 2950 viewsChurchman

It’s all a bit of a game. Plenty more fish in the sea if this doesn’t work out. The main thing is to bring in players who want to be here and buy in to what the club is trying to do.
Matt Crooks bid falls short on 16:14 - Jun 30 with 2940 viewsStokieBlue

Matt Crooks bid falls short on 15:59 - Jun 30 by chrismakin

You could well be right. But to clarify, I wasnt the one who noticed it.

And no everybody doesnt take social media seriously.

Same as not everyone has to see the world in your black and white way..but each to their own.

How did I find out about crooks liking that post... because other people were talking about it..... which is shocking if I am to you the only one to seems to take things 'seriously' on social media.

Odd post.

I never said it was you who noticed, I said "people". I also would say that citing a "like" as evidence for anything is seeing the world in a far more "black and white way" than anything I posted.

I fear that one doth protest too much.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024