Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd jab yesterday 08:58 - Jul 2 with 2391 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Terrible nights sleep last night. Arm is far more painful than it was on the first one.
Hoping that it goes off by this afternoon.

No other symptoms though thank God.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 8:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

2nd jab yesterday on 09:00 - Jul 2 with 2161 viewsSparky85

Which one did you have? I had the same with Pfizer but it was the only side effect. Went after a few days
2nd jab yesterday on 09:04 - Jul 2 with 2129 viewsozzy_itfc

I think, and I could be wrong, that the pain in the arm is dependent on where the injection goes. The people I know who have had painful arms all seem to have it very high on the arm, almost on the shoulder. Whereas mine was no more uncomfortable that when I have the flu jab, a slight dead arm. however my jab was lower on the arm.
2nd jab yesterday on 09:09 - Jul 2 with 2085 viewsCheltenham_Blue

2nd jab yesterday on 09:00 - Jul 2 by Sparky85

Which one did you have? I had the same with Pfizer but it was the only side effect. Went after a few days

Moderna.

2nd jab yesterday on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 2053 viewshype313

2nd jab yesterday on 09:09 - Jul 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Moderna.

Oh, I've got my second Moderna next Wednesday, I was fine after the first...

Also, I've got a club Tennis match that evening, should be interesting!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

2nd jab yesterday on 09:18 - Jul 2 with 2038 viewsclive_baker

I noticed a dodgy arm for longer on the 2nd one. It was still feeling weak after 4 days, whereas the first was pretty much gone in 48 hours.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

2nd jab yesterday on 09:21 - Jul 2 with 2020 viewstonybied

It was exactly the same with me for my 2nd dose of AZ.
2nd jab yesterday on 09:22 - Jul 2 with 2032 viewsElephantintheRoom

It would be more worrying if you didnt have a sore arm after the second injection - because, assuming the person injecting you didnt botch it, its a sure sign that your body's immune response is responding.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

2nd jab yesterday on 09:38 - Jul 2 with 1973 viewsbracknell_blue

2nd jab yesterday on 09:21 - Jul 2 by tonybied

It was exactly the same with me for my 2nd dose of AZ.

Me too. First dose left me feeling a bit sore and a bit nauseous the next day, but the 2nd one led me to spending most of the next day in bed asleep, which is unheard of for me unless I am very sick (e.g. flu before I had the vaccination very year). 24 hours later right as rain but my arm felt like I'd been kicked by a horse.
Strangely my 28yo son still felt ill a week after his first Pfizer jab with a very sore shoulder. Everyone is different it would seem.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Login to get fewer ads

2nd jab yesterday on 09:41 - Jul 2 with 1958 viewsGuthrum

At the Fire Station? Very efficient setup.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2nd jab yesterday on 10:19 - Jul 2 with 1900 viewsBluefields

Same with my 2nd AZ jab.
2nd jab yesterday on 11:28 - Jul 2 with 1812 viewsCaptainAhab

Yeah same, I had a much stiffer arm after the second (didn't even notice the first), lasted a few days.
It did seem like the injection was much higher almost on my shoulder, I wondered if there was a reason for this?
2nd jab yesterday on 15:12 - Jul 2 with 1717 viewsDebsyAngel

2nd jab yesterday on 11:28 - Jul 2 by CaptainAhab

Yeah same, I had a much stiffer arm after the second (didn't even notice the first), lasted a few days.
It did seem like the injection was much higher almost on my shoulder, I wondered if there was a reason for this?

My husband has also had his 2nd jab today and done almost on his shoulder. He did have side effects from the first one, so wonder if it's done higher up to avoid certain nerves?
2nd jab yesterday on 15:16 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewsCheltenham_Blue

2nd jab yesterday on 09:17 - Jul 2 by hype313

Oh, I've got my second Moderna next Wednesday, I was fine after the first...

Also, I've got a club Tennis match that evening, should be interesting!

Yeah, I was fine after the first. Couldn't see what the fuss was about. But by Christ, it's still hurting now.

I'm concerned about my punching the air/TV* abilities ahead of tomorrow night.

*Delete as applicable.

2nd jab yesterday on 15:49 - Jul 2 with 1649 viewshype313

2nd jab yesterday on 15:16 - Jul 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah, I was fine after the first. Couldn't see what the fuss was about. But by Christ, it's still hurting now.

I'm concerned about my punching the air/TV* abilities ahead of tomorrow night.

*Delete as applicable.

Is it just an achy arm you're dealing with?

*I'm hoping you say yes...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

2nd jab yesterday on 15:57 - Jul 2 with 1631 viewsacj

Just had my second dose about an hour ago. Arm is a little sore but not so much as it was after the first (so far at least). Even if it does get really sore, at least the other arm will be capable of lifting beer to mouth for the footy tomorrow!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

2nd jab yesterday on 17:50 - Jul 2 with 1579 viewsCheltenham_Blue

2nd jab yesterday on 15:49 - Jul 2 by hype313

Is it just an achy arm you're dealing with?

*I'm hoping you say yes...

Update. As the day has gone on starting to feel more and more wiped out.
Not just tired, but achey all over too. Eyes are stinging, and feeling pretty flush.

If I had to describe it, feels like the very early stages of Flu.

This is exactly what other people have described to me, but as I had no side effects on the first jab. I just dismissed it.

2nd jab yesterday on 18:36 - Jul 2 with 1553 viewsRyorry

2nd jab yesterday on 09:38 - Jul 2 by bracknell_blue

Me too. First dose left me feeling a bit sore and a bit nauseous the next day, but the 2nd one led me to spending most of the next day in bed asleep, which is unheard of for me unless I am very sick (e.g. flu before I had the vaccination very year). 24 hours later right as rain but my arm felt like I'd been kicked by a horse.
Strangely my 28yo son still felt ill a week after his first Pfizer jab with a very sore shoulder. Everyone is different it would seem.

I didn't feel first AZ at all, neither at the time, nor on any days afterwards.

Arm's still sore where the needle went in on the second one tho - 10 weeks later! Tried massaging it for a couple of minutes yesterday, seemed to help a bit, so will keep doing daily.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

2nd jab yesterday on 19:47 - Jul 2 with 1506 viewsPablokuqi

Had my second today. Arm pain starting to kick in. Had sore arm for a few days for the first.
2nd jab yesterday on 20:53 - Jul 2 with 1457 viewsstonojnr

2nd jab yesterday on 09:04 - Jul 2 by ozzy_itfc

I think, and I could be wrong, that the pain in the arm is dependent on where the injection goes. The people I know who have had painful arms all seem to have it very high on the arm, almost on the shoulder. Whereas mine was no more uncomfortable that when I have the flu jab, a slight dead arm. however my jab was lower on the arm.

I actually thought I read it on here but maybe not, the sore arm thing is because its an intramuscular injection, they are supposed to inject it in to a muscle in your shoulder, because its the biggest easiest muscle in your arm to target I guess.

however good & skilled the person doing the injection is, just stabbing you with a needle causes injury to that muscle, but its possible to cause more injury to the muscle if you pull the needle out too quickly, or even inject the vaccine too quickly as it tears the muscle fibres, which hurts.

so the pain you get in the arm is your body dealing with the vaccine, but also reacting to the muscle injury. my 1st injection it felt like someone had punched me in the arm.

but anyone who had a TB injection back in the day will know vaccines can get alot worse than this, even if this one might not be as simple as a tetanus jab
2nd jab yesterday on 21:33 - Jul 2 with 1403 viewsRyorry

2nd jab yesterday on 20:53 - Jul 2 by stonojnr

I actually thought I read it on here but maybe not, the sore arm thing is because its an intramuscular injection, they are supposed to inject it in to a muscle in your shoulder, because its the biggest easiest muscle in your arm to target I guess.

however good & skilled the person doing the injection is, just stabbing you with a needle causes injury to that muscle, but its possible to cause more injury to the muscle if you pull the needle out too quickly, or even inject the vaccine too quickly as it tears the muscle fibres, which hurts.

so the pain you get in the arm is your body dealing with the vaccine, but also reacting to the muscle injury. my 1st injection it felt like someone had punched me in the arm.

but anyone who had a TB injection back in the day will know vaccines can get alot worse than this, even if this one might not be as simple as a tetanus jab

Bloody hell I remember those - or was it another one where you had to present #BottomsUp ... ouch!

Edit - I think they might have been penicillin actually.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 22:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

2nd jab yesterday on 21:52 - Jul 2 with 1376 viewsMelford

2nd jab yesterday on 20:53 - Jul 2 by stonojnr

When I had my first one I had a sh!tload of blood squirt out when she took the needle out. It didn't bleed after that though and my arm ached like ***k for a couple of days. Maybe it wasn't so much side effects of the vaccine, more the vaccination itself then.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

2nd jab yesterday on 22:02 - Jul 2 with 1367 viewsDBlues

2nd jab yesterday on 17:50 - Jul 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Update. As the day has gone on starting to feel more and more wiped out.
Not just tired, but achey all over too. Eyes are stinging, and feeling pretty flush.

If I had to describe it, feels like the very early stages of Flu.

This is exactly what other people have described to me, but as I had no side effects on the first jab. I just dismissed it.

I have my second Moderna one next week.

For the first one when they did it I had blood come squirt out so they said I could have another one in the other arm but potentially I could be double dosed.
I agreed to that and took paracetamol soon after. The next day I felt tired and the arm they first injected into hurt for a couple of days. The other arm was fine.

I was hoping that might have been the worst of it if I had received a higher dose but doesn't look it.
2nd jab yesterday on 23:22 - Jul 2 with 1295 viewsmikeybloo88

First AZ jab was 24 hours of thick head and slightly sore arm...second jab was a piece of piss no reaction whatsoever
2nd jab yesterday on 06:53 - Jul 3 with 1221 viewsChondzoresk

My Pfizer 2nd jab was painful for 48 hours, then cleared up. No issues.
2nd jab yesterday on 11:38 - Jul 3 with 1096 viewsGeomorph

2nd jab yesterday on 23:22 - Jul 2 by mikeybloo88

First AZ jab was 24 hours of thick head and slightly sore arm...second jab was a piece of piss no reaction whatsoever

Nowt after first AZ but classic COVID dry cough and tiredness after 2nd... delayed response 12 hours and lasted a day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024