Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England to be disciplined by Uefa 11:50 - Jul 8 with 3018 viewschrismakin

Due to Lazor. National Anthem and Fireworks.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:11 - Jul 8 with 617 viewsKropotkin123

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:02 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

Not really for us to decide if the opposition like their national anthem or what it means to them, however if they are playing it then it doesn't take much to respect it.

SB

I'm not suggesting whether the national anthem is liked by the opposition or not.

National anthems are nationalistic political nonsense - self-serving propaganda. They are, by their very existence, political statements that support the state.

Can't light up a stadium in rainbow colours, but it is okay for every game is preceded by stuff like the unification of Italy, Denmark fighting giants or support for the monarchy. Nah, I'm okay without hearing that thanks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:11 - Jul 8 with 611 viewsThe_Last_Baron

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 11:56 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

The booing of the national anthem of the opposition seems quite petty to me, unnecessarily provocative and quite rude.

The ones doing that are total tools.

SB

Edit: Changed slightly to be clearer.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 13:02]

Agree. England are the only group of supporters who do this at every game. I've seen the Rep of Ireland do it v Israel and England too. It's embarrassing.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:11 - Jul 8 with 611 viewschrismakin

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:10 - Jul 8 by MattinLondon

In America the entire rows of fans immediately behind, in front and either side of the laser fella would have been shot as well by the police. Have to be definitely sure that the right person had been shot.

In America the person who put the footage on twitter would have been shot just incase they were involved.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:12 - Jul 8 with 607 viewsKeno

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:10 - Jul 8 by MattinLondon

In America the entire rows of fans immediately behind, in front and either side of the laser fella would have been shot as well by the police. Have to be definitely sure that the right person had been shot.

Only if they were of 'non-white' ethnic origin

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:14 - Jul 8 with 595 viewsStokieBlue

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:11 - Jul 8 by Kropotkin123

I'm not suggesting whether the national anthem is liked by the opposition or not.

National anthems are nationalistic political nonsense - self-serving propaganda. They are, by their very existence, political statements that support the state.

Can't light up a stadium in rainbow colours, but it is okay for every game is preceded by stuff like the unification of Italy, Denmark fighting giants or support for the monarchy. Nah, I'm okay without hearing that thanks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I understood your point the first time, however the logical extension of your position is no flags and in the longer run no states otherwise there will always be some form of nationalism.

Since that isn't going to happen any time soon there is no harm in showing some respect for a couple of minutes to things that may well be important to other people. There are far worse forms of nationalism to be worried about than a song in my opinion.

Totally agree it was ridiculous that the Germans were prevented from illuminating the stadium in rainbow colours.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:16 - Jul 8 with 587 viewsFtnfwest

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:00 - Jul 8 by Illinoisblue

If they can find him, laser pointer guy should get 10 years in prison.

could be someone of any nationality who had a bet on england to win (based on the current evidence)
England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:18 - Jul 8 with 572 viewsWeWereZombies

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 11:53 - Jul 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Link?

The BBC are vouching for it now as well:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57763001

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:24 - Jul 8 with 555 viewsfloridaboy

So why not after the Germany game?

Spain v Italy at corners for Spain the corner taken was being pelted with plastic bottles, when Morata scored he got plenty as well!

Why just England!!!
Login to get fewer ads

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:25 - Jul 8 with 544 viewsKropotkin123

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:14 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

I understood your point the first time, however the logical extension of your position is no flags and in the longer run no states otherwise there will always be some form of nationalism.

Since that isn't going to happen any time soon there is no harm in showing some respect for a couple of minutes to things that may well be important to other people. There are far worse forms of nationalism to be worried about than a song in my opinion.

Totally agree it was ridiculous that the Germans were prevented from illuminating the stadium in rainbow colours.

SB

Flags and the meaning behind them have the ability to change over time.

Denmark singing "Hail king" is a clear support for the monarchy - Be it yesterday, today or 100 years in the future. Its purely politics and should have no place in modern football.

I find it odd that forward-thinking people - Specifically you as someone who prides themselves on a scientific approach - can still listen to national anthems and defend them.

As for nation-states - One step at a time.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:26 - Jul 8 with 546 viewsTractorCam

Had no idea someone pointed a laser at Schmeichel, really poor. As for the booing, other than 2 seconds after the guy said 'starting with the national anthem of Denmark', i didn't hear any during the song.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:33 - Jul 8 with 515 viewsStokieBlue

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:25 - Jul 8 by Kropotkin123

Denmark singing "Hail king" is a clear support for the monarchy - Be it yesterday, today or 100 years in the future. Its purely politics and should have no place in modern football.

I find it odd that forward-thinking people - Specifically you as someone who prides themselves on a scientific approach - can still listen to national anthems and defend them.

I'm not defending the national anthems themselves, I couldn't care less about them. I also think it's false to cite anything scientific with regards to an anthem - it's a far more socio-political than anything to due with the scientific method.

I am saying that whilst they have a place in the process of the match I dislike people booing them - it's simply rude. Fine to take issue with national anthems but I don't think pre-match is the forum for that. I think you are also giving the "booers" too much credit if you think they are booing them for socio-political reasons and not just because they are rude and think it'll annoy the other team.

We don't disagree on the anthems themselves, just the behaviour before a game.

SB

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:35 - Jul 8 with 516 viewschicoazul

Look forward to Denmark for eg being disciplined over their fans throwing bottles and pints on the pitch in that case.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:36 - Jul 8 with 506 viewsIllinoisblue

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:03 - Jul 8 by Kropotkin123

hahaha, okay. Manslaughter is between 2-10 years. You think some drunken moron should get 10 years for shining a light. Banning from football for 2 years or something like that would be more appropriate. No need to ruin the persons life.

He tried to blind somebody and sabotage a major sporting event. Fook it, make it 15 years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:38 - Jul 8 with 501 viewsnoggin

It would be ridiculous if UEFA punish England for the booing, after other fans have done the same. Danish media is reporting 'disturbances during the anthem'. Was there something else going on or was it the booing?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:40 - Jul 8 with 480 viewschicoazul

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:25 - Jul 8 by Kropotkin123

Frances anthem includes the line “who’s impure blood shall water our fields” and people still dont think anthems should always be booed at all times lol

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:45 - Jul 8 with 452 viewsSitfcB

The booing of the national anthem of the opposition seems quite petty to me, unnecessarily provocative and quite rude.

SB

Shock horror you’re offended by a bit of pantomime booing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:46 - Jul 8 with 442 viewsKropotkin123

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:33 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

I'm not defending the national anthems themselves, I couldn't care less about them. I also think it's false to cite anything scientific with regards to an anthem - it's a far more socio-political than anything to due with the scientific method.

I am saying that whilst they have a place in the process of the match I dislike people booing them - it's simply rude. Fine to take issue with national anthems but I don't think pre-match is the forum for that. I think you are also giving the "booers" too much credit if you think they are booing them for socio-political reasons and not just because they are rude and think it'll annoy the other team.

We don't disagree on the anthems themselves, just the behaviour before a game.

SB

"Socio-political" is considered a Science. For example, I have an MSc.

It's not about the intentions of the "booers". I'm not keen on people defending political propaganda on the basis of being rude.

I also find the idea of being offended by the booing of a national anthem to be more pathetic than those who boo them in the first place.

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:50 - Jul 8 with 421 viewsnoggin

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:45 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

It might be 'pantomime' to you but it is highly offensive to many people, including players.

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:52 - Jul 8 with 410 viewsStokieBlue

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:45 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Shock horror you miss the point and the context, as you do with almost everything.

SB

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:52 - Jul 8 with 407 viewsKropotkin123

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:50 - Jul 8 by noggin

It might be 'pantomime' to you but it is highly offensive to many people, including players.

If you are of the disposition that you get offended, then good, you deserve to be offended.

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:52 - Jul 8 with 406 viewsnoggin

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:40 - Jul 8 by chicoazul

Frances anthem includes the line “who’s impure blood shall water our fields” and people still dont think anthems should always be booed at all times lol

But that is not why people are booing, otherwise they would also boo their own anthem. Most of the morons who boo don't even know the words to their own anthem.

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:53 - Jul 8 with 400 viewsMattinLondon

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:50 - Jul 8 by noggin

Apart from being a disrespectful thing to do it achieves nothing except spur on the opposition
England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 392 viewsJackSted

SB

Don't get me wrong I think the booing of the NA are wrong, but I wonder if non-English people are taking it as more offence as it should be?

I wonder if the fans who do boo are booing to try and intimidate/have a phycological affect on the players rather than booing to disrespect their culture etc.

I'm probably clutching at straws tho these are England fans after all

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 398 viewsGiant_Midget

Someone was letting fireworks off on Wembley way after the game. which given how busy it was, was a very stupid thing to do.

But can UEFA do anything about something that happened outside the stadium? Security at Wembley is questionable, but I'm pretty sure no one would have gotten in with them!

I didn't spot any flares etc in the stadium.
England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 389 viewsnoggin

England to be disciplined by Uefa on 12:53 - Jul 8 by MattinLondon

Apart from being a disrespectful thing to do it achieves nothing except spur on the opposition

And gives the pissed up thicko a cheap laugh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024