Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things not going as planned for Boris 21:36 - Jul 10 with 6146 viewsStokieBlue

It seems that 50% want "freedom day" pushed back, hospitals and transport want masks to be compulsory and a number of restaurant and pub chains are planning on keeping the mask requirement and social distancing in their establishments.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/10/public-alarm-grows-at-boris-johnso

Can only see all of the above increasing over the next 9 days.

Follow the science and data, not the popularism.

SB

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:41 - Jul 10 with 2855 viewsbluelagos

You think he gives a toss?

Monday is decision day so unless he has a damascas like conversion I think his mind is made up.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:47 - Jul 10 with 2810 viewsStokieBlue

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:41 - Jul 10 by bluelagos

Monday is decision day so unless he has a damascas like conversion I think his mind is made up.

Indeed, however it's interesting that large hospitality business are planning to ignore him and impose their own rules on social distancing and masks.

I wonder how many other businesses will follow the lead and impose their own rules?

The worry then is that some will take issue and try and enter such places without following their rules because they will say the government made different rules.

SB

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:55 - Jul 10 with 2755 viewsbluelagos

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:47 - Jul 10 by StokieBlue

Indeed, however it's interesting that large hospitality business are planning to ignore him and impose their own rules on social distancing and masks.

I wonder how many other businesses will follow the lead and impose their own rules?

The worry then is that some will take issue and try and enter such places without following their rules because they will say the government made different rules.

SB

Reckon metro mayors may be more bullish on the issue too re transport. Probably more likely than hospitality tbf which would risk losing customers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:56 - Jul 10 with 2745 viewsScuzzer

General please ...not football.

Established 1968

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:04 - Jul 10 with 2690 viewsOldboy

Things not going as planned for Boris on 21:56 - Jul 10 by Scuzzer

General please ...not football.

Beat me to it.
Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:08 - Jul 10 with 2632 viewschrismakin

SB

Not surprising about bars etc

1 positive case from within the pub and they need to shut the place and get it cleaned etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:15 - Jul 10 with 2605 viewsBlueBadger

SB

I pity anyone who tries to cross the barmaids at my local who are firmly adamant that 'no one stands/sits at the bar' is carrying on for the time being.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:23 - Jul 10 with 2543 viewsfooters

He just wants to be popular and put the blame of restrictions onto others, which has been the case since day fecking one.

Another reason people should trust themselves to make the right decision when it comes to their health and not to rely on this bunch of inept chancers for guidance.

150k Brits dead, 'boris' - but don't you worry about that. Moron.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:24 - Jul 10 with 2549 viewsbraveblue

He said it was up to businesses to make their own plans. As can individuals. We need to get past relying on government to tell everyone what to do!! If we don’t go for it now it will be next April and we will be bankrupt!!
Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:29 - Jul 10 with 2500 viewseireblue

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:24 - Jul 10 by braveblue

He said it was up to businesses to make their own plans. As can individuals. We need to get past relying on government to tell everyone what to do!! If we don’t go for it now it will be next April and we will be bankrupt!!

That’s the spirit. I am going to decide on how much I want to be taxed next.
Pah to government, laws and regulations, they can’t tell me what do.
Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:29 - Jul 10 with 2496 viewsjeera

Asking people to take some basic precautions when entering a premises is not going to send people bust.

Putting the responsibility of those decisions onto those businesses is placing them in the firing line.

If the government opened up, as we already pretty much are, whilst insisting people follow some basic principles as legal guidance, it protects those people who will have to otherwise take the abuse on a daily basis.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 22:31]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:33 - Jul 10 with 2480 viewsStokieBlue

It's simply not true it's it given that no other country is "going for it". Are they all going to be bankrupt? Where did you pluck next April from? It should all be dictated by the science.

Do you think the morons are going to respect the wishes of the businesses or do you think they are going to ignore them and cite the government saying things were optional?

SB

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:34 - Jul 10 with 2473 viewsVic

Not wanting to be controversial but if everyone who thinks it’s a bad idea to remove legal restrictions voluntarily continues to wear masks and socially distance that will go a long way helping things. Most surveys suggest upwards of 50% want mask wearing to continue - well it can if they do it! Do we really need a law to make us do what’s good for us and others?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:37 - Jul 10 with 2448 viewsStokieBlue

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:34 - Jul 10 by Vic

Not wanting to be controversial but if everyone who thinks it’s a bad idea to remove legal restrictions voluntarily continues to wear masks and socially distance that will go a long way helping things. Most surveys suggest upwards of 50% want mask wearing to continue - well it can if they do it! Do we really need a law to make us do what’s good for us and others?

It will certainly help things but that still leaves 50% of people being totally unnecessary vectors. Why should we pander to them by making something that is better for everyone optional?

It's nonsensical.

SB

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:37 - Jul 10 with 2440 viewsjeera

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:34 - Jul 10 by Vic

According to the Economist by jeera 10 Jul 2021 12:50
I was chatting to a local shop keeper this week and was disappointed to hear how he has had customers ignoring a clear sign on his door asking people to respect his staff's wishes that they wear a mask in their small shop.

He said some people walk in mask-less and when challenged say how they don't believe in 'all that stuff'.

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:38 - Jul 10 with 2434 viewsBlueBadger

Exactly how is putting a mask on a train or a shop going to send someone bankrupt?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:38 - Jul 10 with 2431 viewsVic

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:33 - Jul 10 by StokieBlue

It's simply not true it's it given that no other country is "going for it". Are they all going to be bankrupt? Where did you pluck next April from? It should all be dictated by the science.

Do you think the morons are going to respect the wishes of the businesses or do you think they are going to ignore them and cite the government saying things were optional?

SB

How many moron as are there though Stokie? Can we not make it socially unacceptable to ignore common sense? So many are saying the government have got it wrong that if they all ignore the gov and carry on wearing masks etc then surely things won’t be as bad as we fear. Just because we can stop doesn’t mean we should.

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2413 viewsVic

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:37 - Jul 10 by jeera

According to the Economist by jeera 10 Jul 2021 12:50
I was chatting to a local shop keeper this week and was disappointed to hear how he has had customers ignoring a clear sign on his door asking people to respect his staff's wishes that they wear a mask in their small shop.

He said some people walk in mask-less and when challenged say how they don't believe in 'all that stuff'.

Sure there’s anecdotal evidence - I know a few like that, but in reality they are a pretty small minority.

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2417 viewsBlueBadger

Also, I say again, how the hell do you think that 'Braveblue' is a good username for you?

You literally spend your time on here imagining stuff to cry about then crying about it. You'd look a lot braver if you didn't sh1t yourself at the pictures in your mind for starters.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 22:48]

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2406 viewsStokieBlue

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:38 - Jul 10 by Vic

How many moron as are there though Stokie? Can we not make it socially unacceptable to ignore common sense? So many are saying the government have got it wrong that if they all ignore the gov and carry on wearing masks etc then surely things won’t be as bad as we fear. Just because we can stop doesn’t mean we should.

Well we know that the number lies somewhere between 1% and 50% so that's an awful lot of adults.

Why should we pander to them? Why should we be subjected to something that could possibly damage our health because they are unwilling to accept the science?

SB

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2404 viewsfooters

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:38 - Jul 10 by Vic

About 52% of the British public are morons, if that's any help to you.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:44 - Jul 10 with 2375 viewsjeera

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:40 - Jul 10 by Vic

Sure there’s anecdotal evidence - I know a few like that, but in reality they are a pretty small minority.

Anecdotal only? These are real people in a little village.

A few days ago in the same village there was a large man maskless in a Co-Op. The only person without a mask.

You honestly think those aren't indicative of an attitude across the country?

The people in the first example are knocking in in years and have become too intimidated to even argue anymore.

They receive grief in their own family-owned shop Vic. It is their home.

Of course they need support.

No, no no. It is not a small minority.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 22:45]

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:44 - Jul 10 with 2374 viewsMullet

It's ripping through schools again. Classes of single digits, kids being picked up and taken out most lessons, kids being sent in by parents when they've been popped to isolate.

Colleagues are off too and one's panicking as their kid showed symptoms today, another said their kid has had two mates in hospital this week all of whom are under 8 years old.

Yet this prick is announcing pretend bank holidays and draping himself in our flag like the spoilt child he is, playing war with our country and its people because the spineless, far right cabinet he needed to seize power are letting him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 2356 viewsNewcyBlue

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:44 - Jul 10 by Mullet

It's ripping through schools again. Classes of single digits, kids being picked up and taken out most lessons, kids being sent in by parents when they've been popped to isolate.

Colleagues are off too and one's panicking as their kid showed symptoms today, another said their kid has had two mates in hospital this week all of whom are under 8 years old.

Yet this prick is announcing pretend bank holidays and draping himself in our flag like the spoilt child he is, playing war with our country and its people because the spineless, far right cabinet he needed to seize power are letting him.

Seb’s whole school has been shut because all of the kids are now having to self isolate due to the amount of Covid positive kids that were there.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 2345 viewshoppy

Things not going as planned for Boris on 22:29 - Jul 10 by jeera

Asking people to take some basic precautions when entering a premises is not going to send people bust.

Putting the responsibility of those decisions onto those businesses is placing them in the firing line.

If the government opened up, as we already pretty much are, whilst insisting people follow some basic principles as legal guidance, it protects those people who will have to otherwise take the abuse on a daily basis.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 22:31]

Too many people can’t take responsibility and basic precaution before entering.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024