Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any side-effects lingering? 17:45 - Aug 1 with 4059 viewsNthQldITFC

Just wondering what Covid vaccine side-effects people might suspect/believe that they are having perhaps a month or more after the jabs?

I had my 2nd AZ jab at the start of June, and I seem to have been suffering from slightly sore knee joints for most of the period since then. I'm a fairly fit if a bit overweight cyclist, and wouldn't expect these sorts of aches in both knees as most of my exercise is non-impact since I gave up football. Feeling quite lethargic for the last month or two as well.

Obviously any self-diagnoses are difficult and subjective, but just wondering whether we can collect a bit of interesting information here?

Perhaps a quick entry in a format like this might be informative:

Vaccine: AZ
Doses: 2
Time since last dose: 2 months
Mild side-effects suspected: Knee ache, lethargy
Severe side-effects suspected: None

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Any side-effects lingering? on 23:04 - Aug 1 with 1256 viewsWeWereZombies

Time since last dose: Three months
Mild side-effects suspected: Loss of concentration
Severe side-effects suspected: Sorry, what's this about again?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any side-effects lingering? on 00:35 - Aug 2 with 1203 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Vaccine: Pfizer
Doses: 1
Time since last dose: 6 weeks
Mild side-effects suspected: Passed out in the 15 mnutes, nausea and dead arm for a day or so after.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Any side-effects lingering? on 04:52 - Aug 2 with 1181 viewsGiveusaWave

Doses:2
Time since last vaccine:10 days
Had initial "flushing" in face and throat when I took it on both occasions. 1st Pfizer- had strange pains in muscles for about 3 weeks after (I waited 3 months to take second jab). 2nd Pfizer- no real reaction (except initial flushing) until 8 days after. Have felt ropey last two days (strange pains, hot temperature, been sleeping 10 hours; lethargy).

I'm very much a pro Vaxer, but have been shocked out how severe the side effects have felt at times.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Any side-effects lingering? on 05:18 - Aug 2 with 1176 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Time since last dose: second dose April
Mild side-effects suspected: n/a
Severe side-effects suspected: Flu like symptoms after first woke up in cold sweats and lasted a full 24 hrs, felt unbearable at the time. Second jab no effects whatsoever!
[Redacted] on 06:33 - Aug 2 with 1153 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Any side-effects lingering? on 08:32 - Aug 2 with 1102 viewsitfcjoe

My wife has had some hormone problems since 2nd jab, but they seem to ahve sorted themselves out this week and she is feeling better - may not have been linked.

Probably shouldn't post this as it is meat for anti-vaxx - but one of my mates ended up in hospital for 2-3 weeks after his with blood clots on his lungs so now is medically exempt from 2nd jab. He has various issues like Chrons and Collitis which presume is lined to it, but still pretty worrying.

Me - first jab (AZ) left me shattered for a day and with a numb hangover like headache for over a week. Second jab didn't affect me one iota, wouldn't have even known I'd had it
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 8:35]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any side-effects lingering? on 08:39 - Aug 2 with 1094 viewsKieran_Knows

No lingering side effects, but both jabs made me feel absolutely awful the next day. The first one really knocked me for 6 and I was in bed all day with it, so had thought my 2nd one would be okay. Had my 2nd one last Tuesday, and although I wasn't stuck in bed all day, Wednesday was just a nightmare. Pounding headache all day, felt sick most of the day, body just ached again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any side-effects lingering? on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 1073 viewsKeno

Had AZ vaccine with 2nd dose about 6 weeks ago

When you say "Mild side-effects suspected: Knee ache, lethargy" I actually had those before the vaccines

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:09 - Aug 2 with 1054 viewsCotty

I've got the lingering side effect of life-saving antibodies coursing through my veins, anyone else?
Any side-effects lingering? on 09:14 - Aug 2 with 1049 viewsKeno

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:09 - Aug 2 by Cotty

I've got the lingering side effect of life-saving antibodies coursing through my veins, anyone else?

'bow'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:18 - Aug 2 with 1043 viewsNthQldITFC

[Redacted] on 06:33 - Aug 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Sage advice, I reckon. Will you PM me your address for the 'snogging the missus' bit, or will you send her round here?

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:22 - Aug 2 with 1030 viewsWallingford_Boy

Any side-effects lingering? on 17:50 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

After my AZ second does I woke up with pins and needles in legs and arms. Have suffered something along those lines for 2-3 weeks after. Gradually eased.

Doctor said choose a different vaccine for the autumn. When I replied I have been double jabbed his response was that the Covid vaccine will be an annual thing like the flu one.

EDIT: After the first jab I had a headache around an hour after the jab that cleared up after around an hour.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:38]

Only an annual jab for the elderly, like flu is.

No side affects longer term, anyone that says they have are probably looking for a reason to blame any niggles on something!

RIP Sir Bobby

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:29 - Aug 2 with 1018 viewsLightworker

Any side-effects lingering? on 18:22 - Aug 1 by factual_blue

A lot fewer people have died from having the vaccine (i.e. virtually none) than from contracting Covid.

Don't die from being a wuss.

(General advice, not Sitter-specific).
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 18:23]

Not really living up to your name here factual.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57848367

As of 15 July there have been 71 deaths related to blot clots from the AZ vaccine according to this BBC article, radio presenter Lisa Shaw being a notable high profile case.

That's 1 death per 650'000 doses. Still a very low risk but its not correct to say there have been no deaths.
Any side-effects lingering? on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 960 viewsDebsyAngel

Time since last dose: 2 months this coming Friday
Mild side-effects suspected: Lethargy, hot flushes, depression, stabbing body pains, headaches, breatlessness
Severe side-effects suspected: A few palpitations/chest pains

This though may or maybe not due to the vaccines as have had all the listed problems I put since March 2019 when had a virus that changed my life for the worse. Also I suspect it's menopause for me. Had mild asthma since I was a kid. Diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue/ME for 12 years since I quit my job. Been on thyroid meds for 12 years too.
Any side-effects lingering? on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 945 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Vaccine: Moderna
Mild side-effects suspected: Knee ache

I hadn't associated the knee ache until reading the OP.
Of course, it could just be that my knees are shot.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Any side-effects lingering? on 13:57 - Aug 2 with 888 viewsWicklowBlue

Time since last dose: 3
Mild side-effects suspected: Dead arm spreading into shoulder for 2 days. Other than all good, expected to be fine as my parents had no issues with Pfizer either.. My partner had her second last week same vaccine, felt nauseous after first and feeling tired and achy after 2nd. Usual sore arm on both.
Any side-effects lingering? on 14:10 - Aug 2 with 872 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:22 - Aug 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Only an annual jab for the elderly, like flu is.

No side affects longer term, anyone that says they have are probably looking for a reason to blame any niggles on something!

That's interesting.

My doctor obviously believes that 45+ is elderly then. Or believes that those who are not elderly should still take it.

Very condescending to suggest that anyone who has possible longer term side effects cannot actually be side effects too. Clearly there is a potential for a vaccine to have side effects and potential for them to be longer lasting. There is plenty of evidence so far that those are far less common and far less severe than those from contracting Covid, the side effects of which have a reasonable risk of death or long Covid. Then again, they are probably just looking for something to blame their poor health on too!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:15 - Aug 2 with 867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Any side-effects lingering? on 08:32 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

My wife has had some hormone problems since 2nd jab, but they seem to ahve sorted themselves out this week and she is feeling better - may not have been linked.

Probably shouldn't post this as it is meat for anti-vaxx - but one of my mates ended up in hospital for 2-3 weeks after his with blood clots on his lungs so now is medically exempt from 2nd jab. He has various issues like Chrons and Collitis which presume is lined to it, but still pretty worrying.

Me - first jab (AZ) left me shattered for a day and with a numb hangover like headache for over a week. Second jab didn't affect me one iota, wouldn't have even known I'd had it
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 8:35]

Crohns and Collitis are horrible. I wonder if there is advice about those suffering from them having the vaccine at all?

Hope your mate is fully recovered from the side effects and stays safe.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:25 - Aug 2 with 854 viewsitfcjoe

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:15 - Aug 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Crohns and Collitis are horrible. I wonder if there is advice about those suffering from them having the vaccine at all?

Hope your mate is fully recovered from the side effects and stays safe.

He had to shield in first wave as think his tablets for it basically wipe out his immune system to stop it - he subsequently got covid quite badly - and then this. Think he is all good now, but only spoken to him briefly but not good.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any side-effects lingering? on 13:57 - Aug 3 with 737 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any side-effects lingering? on 09:09 - Aug 2 by Cotty

Any new facial protuberances too?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:06 - Aug 3 with 732 viewsSamWhiteUK

Any side-effects lingering? on 11:25 - Aug 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Vaccine: Moderna
Mild side-effects suspected: Knee ache

I hadn't associated the knee ache until reading the OP.
Of course, it could just be that my knees are shot.

"I hadn't associated the knee ache until reading the OP."

This is why I think threads like this are a bad idea
Any side-effects lingering? on 15:17 - Aug 3 with 700 viewsWeWereZombies

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:06 - Aug 3 by SamWhiteUK

Do they give you balls ache?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any side-effects lingering? on 15:19 - Aug 3 with 699 viewsGeoffSentence

Any side-effects lingering? on 21:00 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

That'd be one way to get the idiots to sign up!

worked for me

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any side-effects lingering? on 15:45 - Aug 3 with 682 viewsNthQldITFC

Any side-effects lingering? on 14:06 - Aug 3 by SamWhiteUK

You may have a point there. Didn't really think too much before posting it, apart from being careful to use the words "suspect/believe" and "might". For the avoidance of doubt, I am only vaguely wondering whether there's a slim chance that my knee pain might be associated with the vaccine, and I am personally absolutely certain that having any of the vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do.

I would be quite happy for the thread to be pulled, although I think the content is pretty mature at the moment.

Any side-effects lingering? on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Any side-effects lingering? on 15:45 - Aug 3 by NthQldITFC

You may have a point there. Didn't really think too much before posting it, apart from being careful to use the words "suspect/believe" and "might". For the avoidance of doubt, I am only vaguely wondering whether there's a slim chance that my knee pain might be associated with the vaccine, and I am personally absolutely certain that having any of the vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do.

I would be quite happy for the thread to be pulled, although I think the content is pretty mature at the moment.

And for the avoidance of doubt on my part. I really don't think the vaccine gave me dodgy knees.

20 years of goalkeeping did that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024