Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... 15:50 - Aug 9 with 2789 viewsKropotkin123

If Coulson and Morrell sign, that leaves just a CB, right?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So... on 15:51 - Aug 9 with 2775 viewsArnieM

I think we need two . Toto will be out for a while I fear….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So... on 15:53 - Aug 9 with 2730 viewsGavTWTD

So... on 15:51 - Aug 9 by ArnieM

I bet we sign more than we "need". Perhaps a loan as well as a first choice.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

So... on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 2693 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So... on 15:53 - Aug 9 by GavTWTD

I still think we need more forwards.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So... on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 2643 viewsMookamoo

Adrian Mariappa plus a young loanee from WBA? Plus Baggott to step up for the Micky Mouse cups.

Not sure we want 2 permanent CBs if we have Donacien and Ndaba. There comes a point when we have to stop buying people if Cook wants a smaller squad.
So... on 15:59 - Aug 9 with 2597 viewsFPL_Tractor

Part of that equation is presumably who leaves. Downes seems close but Jackson hasn’t had much chat all summer. I don’t see anyone else going for big money or reducing our wage bill hugely. Perhaps Donacien or Nsiala.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

So... on 16:00 - Aug 9 with 2568 viewstractordownsouth

I’d like to think so. Even if Toto’s out, we’ll have the new CB, Edmundson, Woolf, plus Baggott and Ndaba who can deputise. More than enough.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So... on 16:02 - Aug 9 with 2513 viewspointofblue

So... on 16:00 - Aug 9 by tractordownsouth

I’d like to think so. Even if Toto’s out, we’ll have the new CB, Edmundson, Woolf, plus Baggott and Ndaba who can deputise. More than enough.

And Donacien can cover centre back as Burns can drop to right back if need be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So... on 16:07 - Aug 9 with 2438 viewsJammyDodgerrr

So... on 16:00 - Aug 9 by tractordownsouth

Baggott and Ndaba can't and shouldn't be relied upon though, really so i would expect us to sign another. Both those youngsters will go out on loan.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

So... on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 2280 viewsVic

So... on 16:07 - Aug 9 by JammyDodgerrr

Baggott and Ndaba can't and shouldn't be relied upon though, really so i would expect us to sign another. Both those youngsters will go out on loan.

Cant be relied on, but should be given a chance in the odd game or two to gain experience and show they can step up if needed. If we never use them we’ll never know. Some just take the chance and don’t look back. I’d love to see them given some minutes.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So... on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 2052 viewsfranz_tyson

So... on 16:24 - Aug 9 by Vic

Cant be relied on, but should be given a chance in the odd game or two to gain experience and show they can step up if needed. If we never use them we’ll never know. Some just take the chance and don’t look back. I’d love to see them given some minutes.

Surely they’re better of on loan.

What’s the point of keeping young lads at the club for the odd chance they get a game?
These lads have shown promise, but I don’t think they’re ready to step up yet. Look at Woolfy, he’s a few years ahead, but he’s still learning.

I’m trying to think of one young lad who’s come in and become an instant regular. It took a few years and a good loan for Downes to become a regular. I don’t think the first team will now be a testing ground or finishing school for the academy.
So... on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 2008 viewsElderGrizzly

Although we can get a free transfer in after August 31st, but I tend to agree. I think we'll get 2 CBs in
So... on 17:21 - Aug 9 with 1830 viewsjayessess

So... on 16:57 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

Although we can get a free transfer in after August 31st, but I tend to agree. I think we'll get 2 CBs in

Unless Nsiala's so injured that we don't plan on registering him for the league then I don't see how we can fit 2 more CBs in the squad? Unless it's an U21 which would be complicated in its own way.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 17:22]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So... on 17:35 - Aug 9 with 1690 viewsTractorFrog

Even if Toto is out for a while, I still think we only need one. A new experienced CB alongside Edmundson with Woolfenden on the bench and Ndaba fourth choice, with Donacien another option, is enough. We might sign two, but I don’t think we have to.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

So... on 17:35 - Aug 9 with 1691 viewsBaggio_is_magic

So... on 16:07 - Aug 9 by JammyDodgerrr

I’m fairness Ndaba is 21 now with first team experience albeit on loan. We should be looking to give him opportunities especially in cases where players are injured.
So... on 17:50 - Aug 9 with 1559 viewsjayessess

So... on 17:35 - Aug 9 by Baggio_is_magic

I’m fairness Ndaba is 21 now with first team experience albeit on loan. We should be looking to give him opportunities especially in cases where players are injured.

But again, hard to see how Ndaba gets registered to play at all if we sign 1 new CB and CM.

That'd be 20 outfield players over-20
KVY, Donacien, Penney, Coulson (4 FBs)
Nsiala, Woolf, Edmundson, New CB (4 CBs)
Evans, Harper, Nolan, New CM (4 CMs)
Fraser, Chaplin, Burns, Edwards, Aluko (5 AMs)
Bonne, Norwood, Pigott (3 CFs)

I don't see how Jackson, El Miz, Ndaba can come into it?

So... on 18:11 - Aug 9 with 1451 viewsElderGrizzly

So... on 17:21 - Aug 9 by jayessess

Unless Nsiala's so injured that we don't plan on registering him for the league then I don't see how we can fit 2 more CBs in the squad? Unless it's an U21 which would be complicated in its own way.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 17:22]

I’d forgotten about the 21 player squad limit. 1 it is then!
So... on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 1372 viewschicoazul

Phil’s latest story says we are in for 2 more CMs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So... on 18:33 - Aug 9 with 1365 viewsKropotkin123

So... on 18:32 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Yeah, just seen, so you'd expect Nolan to be on the way out

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

So... on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 1358 viewsjayessess

So... on 18:32 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

I guess at this point we're on to deciding which of "the survivors" we still want to move on? If we're getting 2 more then Nolan needs to start looking over his shoulder...

So... on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 1356 viewschicoazul

So... on 17:50 - Aug 9 by jayessess

But again, hard to see how Ndaba gets registered to play at all if we sign 1 new CB and CM.

That'd be 20 outfield players over-20
KVY, Donacien, Penney, Coulson (4 FBs)
Nsiala, Woolf, Edmundson, New CB (4 CBs)
Evans, Harper, Nolan, New CM (4 CMs)
Fraser, Chaplin, Burns, Edwards, Aluko (5 AMs)
Bonne, Norwood, Pigott (3 CFs)

I don't see how Jackson, El Miz, Ndaba can come into it?

Barry

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So... on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 1336 viewsKropotkin123

So... on 18:35 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Barry

U20

So... on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 1336 viewschicoazul

So... on 18:33 - Aug 9 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, just seen, so you'd expect Nolan to be on the way out

Seems that way although I think El Miz will be bombed soon as I believe he counts toward the squad limit
Also it may be that Ashton knows something we don’t about the squad limit changing or being scrapped as the PFA were protesting it

So... on 21:19 - Aug 9 with 1178 viewsjayessess

So... on 18:36 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Seems that way although I think El Miz will be bombed soon as I believe he counts toward the squad limit
Also it may be that Ashton knows something we don’t about the squad limit changing or being scrapped as the PFA were protesting it

Would need to be both to accommodate 2 new midfielders.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024