Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One more signing needed 18:58 - Aug 15 with 4481 viewshunty21

Do we all agree that just one more signing is needed before our squad is complete (centre mid) , imo i hope it is cos we need a close knit squad that can gel .
One more signing needed on 19:01 - Aug 15 with 2866 viewsAsa

In an ideal world a central midfielder who can potentially cover centre back in an emergency.

Unless Cook plans to replace Holy, which I doubt, I’d imagine that’s going to be it.
One more signing needed on 19:05 - Aug 15 with 2836 viewsJ2BLUE

Definitely need a CM.

Not many will agree with this but one more CB? I know it's unlikely.

Who would be up for taking a fee for Woolf and replacing him with a really decent first choice defender to get us up? Just throwing it out there...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One more signing needed on 19:07 - Aug 15 with 2822 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest I'm not fussed.

Happy to have El Miz, Nolan and Humphreys as back up.

Sounds like Burgess can play CDM too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One more signing needed on 19:08 - Aug 15 with 2808 viewschicoazul

Confident at least one and probably two CM incoming.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

One more signing needed on 19:13 - Aug 15 with 2776 viewsBoxerBlue

We’ve got Nolan and El Miz who can cover at CM so il think we will see one new CM come in

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

One more signing needed on 19:16 - Aug 15 with 2753 viewsTractorFrog

Yes, a CM is the only signing we need now. And it doesn't have to be an expensive one, just a backup for Evans and Harper in case of an injury and for cup games.

The lack of a number two and Donacien being given 44 makes me wonder if Cook was planning on replacing him with a new RB, but after some solid displays I think that is less likely now. The number two also could have been another CB (surprised it didn't go to Burgess) but I don't think we need another CB now. Edmundson and Burgess first choice with Woolfenden and Nsiala backup and Ndaba fifth choice is good enough.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

One more signing needed on 19:16 - Aug 15 with 2754 viewsAsa

One more signing needed on 19:05 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

Definitely need a CM.

Who would be up for taking a fee for Woolf and replacing him with a really decent first choice defender to get us up? Just throwing it out there...

I’m sure it’s an unpopular opinion but I would take a fee for Woolfenden.

Downes and Dozzell will spend their careers at a much higher level than he will. We’ve taken fees for them and moved them on. I can see why Champ clubs wanted them.

For me, Woolf is a bang average League One defender and isn’t going to be anything more, one of our own or not.
One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 with 2749 viewshype313

Definitely need a CM.

It's an interesting point about Luke, he's clearly a talented player, but I do question his mentality and desire to push himself. He looks like someone who would be happy sitting here for the next ten years coasting along.

He said himself a year or so back that he needed a kick up the backside, yet he still has moments of lapses and unforced errors in his locker. And the problem has been that his mistakes have lead to us conceding.

If we were to cash in for a really decent first choice defender I wouldn't be to averse to that happening.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 with 2751 viewsSteve_M

We need a right back, full backs are going to be so important to how we play and KVY's start to the season is a bit of a concern. It is probably just a lack of match sharpness having missed a bit of pre-season but he won't play 46 league games and Donacien can not play as such an attacking full back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One more signing needed on 19:20 - Aug 15 with 2714 viewsDurovigutum

One more signing needed on 19:16 - Aug 15 by Asa

I’m sure it’s an unpopular opinion but I would take a fee for Woolfenden.

Downes and Dozzell will spend their careers at a much higher level than he will. We’ve taken fees for them and moved them on. I can see why Champ clubs wanted them.

For me, Woolf is a bang average League One defender and isn’t going to be anything more, one of our own or not.

As a centre back he's of an age where the next two years will make him, the experience of reading the game and getting his positioning correct takes games. We don't need to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater - he'll come good.
One more signing needed on 19:20 - Aug 15 with 2713 viewshype313

One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

We need a right back, full backs are going to be so important to how we play and KVY's start to the season is a bit of a concern. It is probably just a lack of match sharpness having missed a bit of pre-season but he won't play 46 league games and Donacien can not play as such an attacking full back.

I get the feeling that should KVY suffer an injury, they seem quite content with Burns filling in.

One more signing needed on 19:30 - Aug 15 with 2628 viewsJ2BLUE

One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 by hype313

It's an interesting point about Luke, he's clearly a talented player, but I do question his mentality and desire to push himself. He looks like someone who would be happy sitting here for the next ten years coasting along.

He said himself a year or so back that he needed a kick up the backside, yet he still has moments of lapses and unforced errors in his locker. And the problem has been that his mistakes have lead to us conceding.

If we were to cash in for a really decent first choice defender I wouldn't be to averse to that happening.

I think the jury is out. In a way, he underwhelms me and seems to get a pass for being a youth graduate. In another way, he could be fantastic in a good team with a proper defensive organiser next to him.

Certainly not writing him off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One more signing needed on 19:31 - Aug 15 with 2626 viewspennblue

I'd like to see ANOTHER defender, want to see that strong this season with competition for places.

We have to get to the point where anything other than a clean sheet is failure for the defence.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

One more signing needed on 19:34 - Aug 15 with 2593 viewsSteve_M

One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 by hype313

I thought LW finished last season well (as did McGuiness) and he defended well yesterday making sure he won a lot in the air early on. The goals were crap but our biggest problem was organisational for both with KVY being caught upfield and a lack of midfield cover.

Yes, he started last season poorly and made an error last week but I think the collective opinion of Town fans has moved from over- to underrating him and I don't think it's anymore justified to blame him for everything at fault with the defence.

I would keep him, don't think he was good enough to actually command the sort of fee to make a sale worthwhile and he is still young for a central defender. All defenders make mistakes and they tend to look worse because they often lead to chances conceded.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One more signing needed on 19:39 - Aug 15 with 2564 viewsjas0999

Agree!
One more signing needed on 19:42 - Aug 15 with 2529 viewshype313

One more signing needed on 19:34 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

I thought LW finished last season well (as did McGuiness) and he defended well yesterday making sure he won a lot in the air early on. The goals were crap but our biggest problem was organisational for both with KVY being caught upfield and a lack of midfield cover.

Yes, he started last season poorly and made an error last week but I think the collective opinion of Town fans has moved from over- to underrating him and I don't think it's anymore justified to blame him for everything at fault with the defence.

I would keep him, don't think he was good enough to actually command the sort of fee to make a sale worthwhile and he is still young for a central defender. All defenders make mistakes and they tend to look worse because they often lead to chances conceded.

In an ideal world it would be great to keep him, but he could really do with a De Vos, Mogga, McCauley alongside him, not some 19 yr old who is also learning his trade like McGuiness last season.

As you say, he just wouldn't warrant the fee the club would be happy with.

One more signing needed on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 2420 viewshunty21

One more signing needed on 19:30 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

I think the jury is out. In a way, he underwhelms me and seems to get a pass for being a youth graduate. In another way, he could be fantastic in a good team with a proper defensive organiser next to him.

Certainly not writing him off.

I do wonder whether he would be better as a defensive midfielder with his mentality and calmness on the ball , can see a few of youngsters going out on loan soon
One more signing needed on 20:05 - Aug 15 with 2362 viewschrismakin

We really need to see the 2 new CB's together before the window closes, just incase we do indeed need 1 more CB...

DCM needed, AM cover needed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One more signing needed on 20:08 - Aug 15 with 2351 viewssouthnorfolkblue

One more signing needed on 19:20 - Aug 15 by hype313

I get the feeling that should KVY suffer an injury, they seem quite content with Burns filling in.

Burns is more than a fill in. He has played there a lot for Fleetwood. If KVY doesn’t rediscover his form, I reckon he will turn to Burns

Poll: Our final position

One more signing needed on 20:53 - Aug 15 with 2103 viewsBlueNomad

One more signing needed on 19:31 - Aug 15 by pennblue

I'd like to see ANOTHER defender, want to see that strong this season with competition for places.

We have to get to the point where anything other than a clean sheet is failure for the defence.

We still have Edmundson to come in. That’s him, Burgess, Wolf, Toto, Ndaba and Donacien
One more signing needed on 21:01 - Aug 15 with 2041 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just need to keep everyone fit and on form after that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

One more signing needed on 08:09 - Aug 16 with 1740 viewsChurchman

Definitely need a CM.

How about bringing in an experienced CH (Mowbray style) and sending LW on loan? I think there is a player there but he needs games week in week out. Just a thought.

If we bring anyone else in a CM has to be the one. Beyond that let them get on with it and see where we are at Christmas. That includes the full back position.

Injury has robbed KVY of a lot of what made him a prospect when he came here. He needs games, I think, to sharpen up and get in the rhythm of week in week out football and prove his fitness. I hope he can as the fit version gives us a lot at this level.
One more signing needed on 08:16 - Aug 16 with 1718 viewsitfcjoe

A centre mid is absolutely vital, if anything were to happen to Evans we'd be in big trouble.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One more signing needed on 08:20 - Aug 16 with 1687 viewsMetal_Hacker

For me it's another defender that's needed

Whilst we've signed two CB's and as stated Burgess can play the deep lying CM role on occasion I still think another defender is a must even if for cover (Plus we still haven't given anyone the number 2 shirt !! )

The defence and particularly Saturday's performance really bothers me

Poll: If it were one or the other

One more signing needed on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 1486 viewsWeekender

One more signing needed on 19:17 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

Burns would be that backup given the attacking depth we have?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024