Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London parking advice 13:21 - Aug 16 with 3795 viewsitfcjoe

I'm goin up there from Saturday morning until Tuesday afternoon, stating around Tower bridge area - got kids and loads of stuff to take - plus going directly from there to somewhere else so not sure train best option.

Does anyone know of any secure parking for 3-4 days that isn't too expensive - or have any ideas on it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London parking advice on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 3194 viewsSitfcB

Gatwick.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London parking advice on 13:44 - Aug 16 with 3132 viewsSitfcB

Would parking at Newbury Park be an option and tubing in?

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/newbury-park-stn-tfl/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London parking advice on 13:47 - Aug 16 with 3124 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

£36 to park at the Premier Inn, who will let you pop in to use the bathroom when you get there, that's on Tower Bridge road, about, 5 mins from the bridge.

All my other go to spots close to Tower bridge are sold out for that time and it should be noted that the Premier Inn is within the congestion charge.

I can forward a £5 voucher, so £31 + congestion.
London parking advice on 13:52 - Aug 16 with 3088 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

London parking advice on 13:47 - Aug 16 by BlueBlueBluex2

£36 to park at the Premier Inn, who will let you pop in to use the bathroom when you get there, that's on Tower Bridge road, about, 5 mins from the bridge.

All my other go to spots close to Tower bridge are sold out for that time and it should be noted that the Premier Inn is within the congestion charge.

I can forward a £5 voucher, so £31 + congestion.

Or here - £45 with referral and you can avoid the congestion but no bathroom for you and the kids!

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294962275
London parking advice on 14:07 - Aug 16 with 3038 viewsitfcjoe

London parking advice on 13:52 - Aug 16 by BlueBlueBluex2

Or here - £45 with referral and you can avoid the congestion but no bathroom for you and the kids!

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294962275

That might be a bit tight for my Vito, thanks for that though - just need to double check where we are staying as avoiding congestion charge would be helpful...

London parking advice on 14:08 - Aug 16 with 3028 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Book it in to have the oil changed or another simple job. Drop it off Saturday and, as you're leaving, tell them you'll be back to pick it up on Tues afternoon.

3 days parking in central London for the price of an oil change and the car benefits, too.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

London parking advice on 14:36 - Aug 16 with 2950 viewsDerehamBlue

If I’m spending a few days in London I normally park at Cockfosters station then take the tube in
It cost us £21 for 4 days including Sunday which is cheaper if that helps
London parking advice on 14:43 - Aug 16 with 2924 viewsPinewoodblue

Doubletree by Hilton, London Excel offers FREE parking.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

London parking advice on 14:50 - Aug 16 with 2908 viewsitfcjoe

London parking advice on 14:36 - Aug 16 by DerehamBlue

If I’m spending a few days in London I normally park at Cockfosters station then take the tube in
It cost us £21 for 4 days including Sunday which is cheaper if that helps

Interesting - thanks for that. is that something that needs to be booked or can i just rock up so to speak?

London parking advice on 15:36 - Aug 16 with 2832 viewsfactual_blue

London parking advice on 14:08 - Aug 16 by Tangledupin_Blue

Book it in to have the oil changed or another simple job. Drop it off Saturday and, as you're leaving, tell them you'll be back to pick it up on Tues afternoon.

3 days parking in central London for the price of an oil change and the car benefits, too.

Reminds me of this joke.

A man books an appointment with his bank manager.

He goes in and says to the bank manager i I need urgently to borrow £100. I'll pay back £120 in two weeks time and leave my car as collateral. It's parked in your car park.'

The bank manager looks out, and sees only his own car and a brand new Maserati in the car park.

'That's your Maserati?, asks the bank manager.

'Yep'.

'Well, it's a bit unusual, but OK.' The bank manager fetches £100 and gives it to the customer.

'Thanks', says the customer, handing over the car keys.

Two weeks later he comes back, hands the bank manager £120 and gets his keys back.

'One thing has been bugging me for a fortnight', say the bank manager, 'you're clearly very well off. Why did you need to borrow £100 so urgently?'

'I didn't need to borrow any money, but where else can you safely park a Maserati for two weeks for £20?'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

London parking advice on 16:27 - Aug 16 with 2754 viewsCrayonKing

I tend to park at Stratford international and get the “Javelin” fast train to kings cross. £7.25/day and dead easy from a12 or m11.

Other option I sometimes use is to park at Upminster station (not far from a12/m25 junction) and get the train in.
London parking advice on 18:40 - Aug 16 with 2639 viewsDerehamBlue

London parking advice on 14:50 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Interesting - thanks for that. is that something that needs to be booked or can i just rock up so to speak?

Just turn up and park and pay via phone
I never had any problems there before
London parking advice on 20:10 - Aug 16 with 2570 viewsCoastalblue

Pretty much where I live, generally I would probably be able to give some solid advice, however this weekend there's an event on with a lot of parking suspensions and some road closures.

https://www.thebighalf.co.uk/the-events/road-closures

In this instance I would probably suggest that this weekend you may be better off on the train unless you can find somewhere to park and intend to then leave the car there, Sunday will be mission impossible driving around here.

Get stuck for anything where a local may be able to help while you're here then drop me a message. Feel like sneaking off for a beer one evening, drop me a message ;)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

London parking advice on 20:27 - Aug 16 with 2543 viewsipswichtillidie

London parking advice on 14:07 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

That might be a bit tight for my Vito, thanks for that though - just need to double check where we are staying as avoiding congestion charge would be helpful...

If you fancy parking up at Walthamstow fire station joe and tubing in mate I can arrange. PM me and I’ll sort it out.

Gav

London parking advice on 06:27 - Aug 17 with 2360 viewsdickie

London parking advice on 13:44 - Aug 16 by SitfcB

Would parking at Newbury Park be an option and tubing in?

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/newbury-park-stn-tfl/

I tend to park at Westfield Stratford over Newbury Park - it's a bit closer in and feels a bit safer parking there because of all the cctv (especially if staying overnight)
London parking advice on 08:54 - Aug 17 with 2239 viewsblueconscience

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

London parking advice on 08:59 - Aug 17 with 2229 viewsGlasgowBlue

I always use the Minories car park which is a two minute walk to the Tower of London.

I’ve only ever used it on a Sunday (several times) think it was less than a fiver for the whole day but I don’t know how much they charge in peak days.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

London parking advice on 09:18 - Aug 17 with 2192 viewsNW10_Tractor

There is plenty of Parking on the side streets around Totteridge and Whetstone Station (One Before High Barnet on the Northern Line). In particularly Longland Drive. Massive houses so parking a Vito would look normal there. Very Safe and the local residents have a 24hr security guard that drives around in a little Toyota Aygo keeping things pretty secure...

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

London parking advice on 13:13 - Aug 17 with 2084 viewsCaptainAhab

London parking advice on 08:59 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

I always use the Minories car park which is a two minute walk to the Tower of London.

I’ve only ever used it on a Sunday (several times) think it was less than a fiver for the whole day but I don’t know how much they charge in peak days.

I normally use the Minories too, super convenient and yeah dirt cheap on a Sunday, but pretty expensive weekdays. Took the kids down to London a couple of weeks ago, parked at Minories, hopped on one of the River Tour boats to get to Westminster, great way to travel and see the sights. I think we arrived at 10, left at 6 and it cost 36quid if I recall correctly. 😳
London parking advice on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 2075 viewsMaySixth

Park outside mine mate. Quiet residential road, 5 min walk from Tube.
You can get the tube (Northern Line) into town and it's 20 minutes from Camden, 35 minute from London Bridge.
DM me if interested

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

London parking advice on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 2070 viewsCoastalblue

London parking advice on 13:13 - Aug 17 by CaptainAhab

I normally use the Minories too, super convenient and yeah dirt cheap on a Sunday, but pretty expensive weekdays. Took the kids down to London a couple of weeks ago, parked at Minories, hopped on one of the River Tour boats to get to Westminster, great way to travel and see the sights. I think we arrived at 10, left at 6 and it cost 36quid if I recall correctly. 😳

Tobacco dock is not quite as central, and you can't park overnight, but unless it's changed in the last little while it's about £7 all day every day and if there's no event on then it's normally empty.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

London parking advice on 13:19 - Aug 17 with 2071 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

London parking advice on 13:13 - Aug 17 by CaptainAhab

All this talk yesterday actually made me book the Premier Inn at Tower Bridge yesterday for tomorrow and I am just going to look at the River Boat Tour too, seems like fun.

War Museum is free so I have booked in a repeat visit there as well as London Museum and the Sky Garden.

Parking, of course, at Premier Inn.
London parking advice on 13:19 - Aug 17 with 2067 viewsMaySixth

London parking advice on 09:18 - Aug 17 by NW10_Tractor

There is plenty of Parking on the side streets around Totteridge and Whetstone Station (One Before High Barnet on the Northern Line). In particularly Longland Drive. Massive houses so parking a Vito would look normal there. Very Safe and the local residents have a 24hr security guard that drives around in a little Toyota Aygo keeping things pretty secure...

Did't know that.
My mother in law lives on Longland Drive.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

London parking advice on 13:40 - Aug 17 with 2025 viewsBluefish

Just tube? Will cost about £6 to park. When I lived in Suffolk it was always Redbridge, these days I always go to stanmore

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

London parking advice on 13:53 - Aug 17 with 1997 viewsCaptainAhab

London parking advice on 13:19 - Aug 17 by BlueBlueBluex2

All this talk yesterday actually made me book the Premier Inn at Tower Bridge yesterday for tomorrow and I am just going to look at the River Boat Tour too, seems like fun.

War Museum is free so I have booked in a repeat visit there as well as London Museum and the Sky Garden.

Parking, of course, at Premier Inn.

Nice, enjoy!
It's a great time to visit London, far less people than a normal summer. I was speaking with one of the guides on the River tour and he reckoned it'd be another year till they were back to normal, basically when the Americans and Chinese start travelling again. We'll probable do a couple more days trips to make the most of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024