Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. 21:36 - Aug 28 with 7672 viewsChondzoresk

Just came back from Jolly Chondzoresks day out in Yarmouth, I have to say I’m utterly shocked. Shops with signs saying “please wear a mask”….then going in and finding out of the 10/15 or so people inside, only my missus and I were wearing masks in a small area. Staff not wearing masks, staff not bothering to enforce wearing masks. Social distancing? Doesn’t apply in Yarmouth. Hand sanitisers? Many shops we visited had empty hand sanitisers.

Overall we felt we were the odd ones out actually wearing masks. I won’t be going back anytime soon. Be warned if you are off there soon. I know rules have changed, but you feel things are just so laxed. I think this Autumn and Winter is going to bite hard with this virus.

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 21:40 - Aug 28 with 5174 viewswitchdoctor

I wouldn’t come to Portman road any time soon mate if that’s how you feel…
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 22:00 - Aug 28 with 5078 viewsReuser_is_God

You’ve been to Yarmouth, Covid is the least of your worries.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 23:07 - Aug 28 with 4842 viewsSeablu

Dumps generally attract idiots.
Pick your next day trip a little more wisely.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 23:11 - Aug 28 with 4818 viewswkj

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 23:07 - Aug 28 by Seablu

Dumps generally attract idiots.
Pick your next day trip a little more wisely.

Clacton or Jaywick might be more appropriate for sensible minded people

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 4406 viewsDebsyAngel

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 23:11 - Aug 28 by wkj

Went to Clacton yesterday - barely anyone wearing masks there either. I am exempt but felt uncomfortable with so many crowds. We only stayed on the pier for 15 minutes and had to get out as I was on verge of a panic attack. The trains were ok, not too busy and masks on there and spaced out well. We mainly went for my visit to a record shop there, which we spent 2 hours in.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 4371 viewsgtsb1966

I'll be perfectly honest, I've stopped wearing a mask now where I don't have to.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:35 - Aug 29 with 4365 viewsBent_double

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 23:11 - Aug 28 by wkj

Having grown up in Clacton, and now living in Yarmouth, I can tell you that the latter is by far the better seaside resort.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:36 - Aug 29 with 4352 viewsWD19

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:35 - Aug 29 by Bent_double

Having grown up in Clacton, and now living in Yarmouth, I can tell you that the latter is by far the better seaside resort.

Measles or Chicken Pox?
Login to get fewer ads

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:39 - Aug 29 with 4341 viewschicoazul

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:34 - Aug 29 by gtsb1966

I'll be perfectly honest, I've stopped wearing a mask now where I don't have to.

I haven’t stopped so much as I completely forget mine now, although I wear one if I remember it. I only really go to the shops once a week though. I don’t wear it in the gym.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:44 - Aug 29 with 4319 viewsitfcjoe

It’s like that every where, London the worst place I’ve been by some distance

I’ve basically given up wearing them to be honest

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 08:59 - Aug 30 with 3969 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

People have stopped wearing masks in general now.

I was in Windsor on Tuesday, Borough Market and the South Bank at the weekend and have woken this morning in a Holiday Inn in Canterbury and I would say that mask wearing across all three locations has been less than 10% , myself included.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:06 - Aug 30 with 3821 viewspoppiesman

Those please wear masks signs are probably still there from lockdowns.
Staff of any shops cant force people to wear masks now anyway.
I do wear one when I do a big busy supermarket shop, but that's the only time I wear one these days.
As for hand sanitisers, simply take your own if it bothers you that much, why expect others to provide them for you.
If you feel you want or need to wear masks still, then that's perfectly fine as your choice, but don't knock others for not wearing them anymore. Everyone should respect all peoples choices now.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:31 - Aug 30 with 3737 viewsGunnsAirkick

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 12:35 - Aug 29 by Bent_double

Yeah Yarco isn't that bad. I think people judge it from the main strip and some of the dodgy back roads, but there are some cracking pubs, lovely architecture (love that the Empire is open again) and South Town dunes area is nice. I also like how it doesn't change that much, I'm like a big kid going into those arcades. Agree regarding mask wearing there though, very few bothering but I'd say it's like that everywhere to be honest, not sure what people are expecting (I wear one still but does seem futile, blame the Government for changing law and advice).
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:33]
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 3674 viewsPinewoodblue

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:06 - Aug 30 by poppiesman

I do wear one when I do a big busy supermarket shop, but that's the only time I wear one these days.
As for hand sanitisers, simply take your own if it bothers you that much, why expect others to provide them for you.
If you feel you want or need to wear masks still, then that's perfectly fine as your choice, but don't knock others for not wearing them anymore. Everyone should respect all peoples choices now.

Not a very grown up attitude us it?

If lived in US you would be regarded as a Trump supporter with views like that.

Sadly it is beginning to look as if you are in the majority.

Perhaps when the powers that be return from holiday they will start getting the message over again. They will probably wait until Covid numbers are far too high for comfort.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:45 - Aug 30 with 3658 viewsgtsb1966

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:41 - Aug 30 by Pinewoodblue

Not a very grown up attitude us it?

If lived in US you would be regarded as a Trump supporter with views like that.

Sadly it is beginning to look as if you are in the majority.

Perhaps when the powers that be return from holiday they will start getting the message over again. They will probably wait until Covid numbers are far too high for comfort.

Covid isn't going away. Are you suggesting we wear masks forever.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:52 - Aug 30 with 3632 viewsPinewoodblue

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:45 - Aug 30 by gtsb1966

Idiot drivers aren’t going away either but you still wear a seat belt because it is the right thing to do.

If you don’t wear a mask simply because you aren’t being verbally reminded to do so doesn’t that make you a poor example of a human being?

2023 year of destiny

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 3620 viewsGunnsAirkick

I'd argue if cases are going up (as they are again now) mask mandates might be a good idea to reduce spread. I mean wearing one is hardly the end of the world is it? Just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. I only mean in certain settings too such as shops, I have never worn one walking down the street like I see some people doing (but if that makes them feel safer that's their choice, no big deal).
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:55]
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:57 - Aug 30 with 3592 viewsgtsb1966

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:52 - Aug 30 by Pinewoodblue

Idiot drivers aren’t going away either but you still wear a seat belt because it is the right thing to do.

If you don’t wear a mask simply because you aren’t being verbally reminded to do so doesn’t that make you a poor example of a human being?

Flu kills people so we get a flu jab. Covid kills people so we get a covid jab. Unfortunately both are not guaranteed to protect 100% and sadly people will die. We have to live with both now and in the future. We can't wear masks , social distance etc forever.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:02 - Aug 30 with 3564 viewsZXBlue

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:06 - Aug 30 by poppiesman

Of course they can force people to wear masks. Its their shop they can choose the terms of entry.

They have largely chosen not to bother.

Your final sentence is hopelessly flawed. Wearing masks is not for the wearer, its for the benefit of others. The idea that it is therefore just a personal choice made on your own assessment of risk is bllx.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:05 - Aug 30 with 3551 viewsDigger77

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:57 - Aug 30 by gtsb1966

Flu kills people so we get a flu jab. Covid kills people so we get a covid jab. Unfortunately both are not guaranteed to protect 100% and sadly people will die. We have to live with both now and in the future. We can't wear masks , social distance etc forever.

Covid isn't even in the top 20 causes of death in the UK. But if people still want to wear masks, they should just wear them.
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 3532 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why not if necessary? It hardly hurts does it?
None of my masks are laced with wasp venom.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:10 - Aug 30 with 3523 viewsPinewoodblue

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 10:57 - Aug 30 by gtsb1966

Flu jabs are given to the most vulnerable, which is a good idea. Covid jabs are given to everyone, or at least the sensible ones, as it spreads easier and also has more long term impact.

Do you know anyone who had Flu last winter? Have you wondered why not? The answer is because we were all wearing masks.

One in three people testing positive show no symptoms. To reduce the spread it really is important that in shops and other enclosed spaces everyone wears a mask. It really should not be a personal choice. One of the reasons it isn’t obligatory is the mistaken belief you can generate herd immunity by passing it on to friends and family. Unfortunately some will die but that isn’t your problem as you know you are healthy and strong enough to recover if you catch it.

Stop being a sheep.

2023 year of destiny

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 3508 viewsgtsb1966

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:10 - Aug 30 by Pinewoodblue

Flu jabs are given to the most vulnerable, which is a good idea. Covid jabs are given to everyone, or at least the sensible ones, as it spreads easier and also has more long term impact.

Do you know anyone who had Flu last winter? Have you wondered why not? The answer is because we were all wearing masks.

One in three people testing positive show no symptoms. To reduce the spread it really is important that in shops and other enclosed spaces everyone wears a mask. It really should not be a personal choice. One of the reasons it isn’t obligatory is the mistaken belief you can generate herd immunity by passing it on to friends and family. Unfortunately some will die but that isn’t your problem as you know you are healthy and strong enough to recover if you catch it.

Stop being a sheep.

Do you wear a mask at the football, for the whole 90 minutes?
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 3505 viewsMookamoo

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:05 - Aug 30 by Digger77

Covid isn't even in the top 20 causes of death in the UK. But if people still want to wear masks, they should just wear them.

Hey Pop Pickers - It is a re-entry in the top 10
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/58305191
No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:14 - Aug 30 with 3501 viewsDigger77

No masks…..awful…utter disgrace. on 11:10 - Aug 30 by Pinewoodblue

Stop being a sheep.

I thought we were all in lock down last winter?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024