Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 09:59 - Aug 29 with 3324 viewschrismakin

What is he being blamed for from yesterday?

Looking back at both goals, neither is one a keeper can come and claim. There were 2 free headers..

Surely the blame is on those who lost their man? No?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

[Redacted] on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 2905 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Hladky on 10:04 - Aug 29 with 2893 viewsWD19

There is plenty of blame to go round.

It’s a low bar, but if Holy had been in goal all season we wouldn’t be in the relegation spots.
Hladky on 10:04 - Aug 29 with 2890 viewsHullblue

He has to hold the first header for the second goal surely?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Hladky on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 2874 viewstractorshark

My son said after the game that for the second goal the guy who sent the header in at the far post was unmarked right from the start of that corner.
I watched it back last night and he was right. The Wimbledon player is completely unmarked from start to finish. Harper (I think) just stands still as he ghosts behind him. That is so frustrating when you are 2-1 up in the 95th minute.
I would still maintain Hladky should have saved the header rather than fumble it and I'm not convinced he is a commanding presence in the box. But the main fault is with Harper and the defenders.
For the first goal, it's not a particularly dangerous corner but Pigott flicks it on. Not sure if he was trying to just send it on its way or whether he could have headed it away from the goal. I wouldn't blame the keeper for that.
Hladky on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 2847 viewsChrisd

The save for the second goal he's pushed straight out into a dangerous area where strikers are running on to it, I'm sure he'd be disappointed with that himself without all of us pointing fingers at him. I agree, he couldn't come for either cross and made the right decision to stay, there was too much traffic in front of him. Keepers have to be good decision makers and sometimes you decide to come and others you let the defenders deal with it.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 10:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hladky on 10:11 - Aug 29 with 2809 viewsDublinBlue84

Hladky on 10:06 - Aug 29 by tractorshark

My son said after the game that for the second goal the guy who sent the header in at the far post was unmarked right from the start of that corner.
I watched it back last night and he was right. The Wimbledon player is completely unmarked from start to finish. Harper (I think) just stands still as he ghosts behind him. That is so frustrating when you are 2-1 up in the 95th minute.
I would still maintain Hladky should have saved the header rather than fumble it and I'm not convinced he is a commanding presence in the box. But the main fault is with Harper and the defenders.
For the first goal, it's not a particularly dangerous corner but Pigott flicks it on. Not sure if he was trying to just send it on its way or whether he could have headed it away from the goal. I wouldn't blame the keeper for that.

From that moment on I knew it was going to be a goal unless he mistimed his header before he even headed the ball. And when he jumped It was a foregone conclusion.

It was so predictable.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Hladky on 10:14 - Aug 29 with 2768 viewsLightworker

The defending/marking is terrible on both but he has to hold the second one. That is where you need a keeper to come through for you and bail the defenders out. Hladky just hasn't ever looked like a reliable presence at all so far.
Hladky on 10:14 - Aug 29 with 2767 viewsTractorCam

He should have held the ball for the 2nd goal, the defending is awful but that's an easy save and we win the game. He takes main responsibility for that, although clearly the whole team needs to work on defending set pieces.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 2718 viewsChrisd

Hladky on 10:14 - Aug 29 by Lightworker

The defending/marking is terrible on both but he has to hold the second one. That is where you need a keeper to come through for you and bail the defenders out. Hladky just hasn't ever looked like a reliable presence at all so far.

Or if he can't hold it push it into a less dangerous area.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hladky on 10:23 - Aug 29 with 2695 viewsjayessess

The 2nd one is a very simple save that I would expect an average L1 goalkeeper to make.

In general, he's not what I would expect us to sign, given all the money we've chucked around this Summer. That's the 4th goal he's conceded that I'd hope for a top goalkeeper to keep out. He's yet to "bail us out" and save something you wouldn't expect him to, as well.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 10:44]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hladky on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 2690 viewstractorshark

Hladky on 10:14 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

He should have held the ball for the 2nd goal, the defending is awful but that's an easy save and we win the game. He takes main responsibility for that, although clearly the whole team needs to work on defending set pieces.

Totally agree that he should have saved it. I think there's a degree of panic there due to the situation and tension at the time.
I'm not convinced by Hladky at the moment. I know he had a good season last year but he really shone in that EFL Mickey Mouse Cup final and his reputation soared after that.
I watched him at Cheltenham and he was bullied by the long throws. Obviously our defending has to be better but you want your keeper to be dominant in those situations. Fight for the ball, draw cheap fouls from the ref, not get lost in the crowd.
Holy is not brilliant and he's let in a few shots that really should have been saved but his stock is rising at the moment.
Hladky on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 2642 viewsIpswich_Crazy

2 free headers? no, they weren't 1 was a header and 1 was spilled by Hladky

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Hladky on 10:40 - Aug 29 with 2551 viewsFixed_It

He had a very good season last season- but against lesser players. Another factor could well be the crowd- it is a massive step up from playing in empty Fourth Division stadiums to playing in front of a large crowd. He looks nervous - which is the last thing you want from your GK.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hladky on 10:57 - Aug 29 with 2495 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve been trying to make excuses for him since day one. Literally willing his reputation to be reflected in his performances. But he’s not doing it for me.

He’s not commanding his area. His height restricts his ability to come for crosses and corners and he hasn’t shown himself to be an amazing shot stopper to compensate.

IMO he has cost us a minimum of six points so far.

Holy isn’t the answer, he was rooted to the spot far too many times last season and he gave away to many goals when trying to play out from the back.

We need to ship Holy out, get in a very good commanding keeper and develop Hladky into the keeper he is supposed to be.

I wouldn’t be averse to going down the root of getting in an older former Orem league keeper who is nearing the end of his career. For all our long term planning, this is the position that really needs a quick fix.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 2475 viewsFrankfurtBlue

With most goals, it is a collective failure by the defensive side of the team. For the first goal Edwards, gave away the soft free kick, Pigott did not clear with his header, Evans as not marking close enough and Hladky's positioning was questionable. For the second, our midfield (Evans mostly) did not stop the progress made by their man who eventually shot and won the corner, Aluko marked space and allowed an opponent to run past him to get the header at the back post, Hladky spilled the header, Fraser lost his man, and Pigott possibly could have reacted quicker to the loose ball.

Hladky has only had five games, but unfortunately he has not looked up to the job, with at least 3 of the 10 conceded down to him. It is not just the errors, he seems to ignore the short pass to his defenders and belt the ball aimlessly down the pitch far too often, and comes for very little. IMO, Holy would be the better option at the moment.

However, the more worrying issue is why we are defensively so poor, and there has to be a large question mark over our coaching staff, and Cook. I suspect that Leam Richardson had significant input on the defensive side of recruitment and coaching previously, and that is something that Cook has failed to adequately address so far here.
Hladky on 11:06 - Aug 29 with 2419 viewsjas0999

Plenty of blame for both goals yesterday, but the keeper looks out of his depth. Very shaky. No control of area. Can’t seem to hold on to the ball. Positioning all over the place.
Hladky on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 2408 viewsCanadasNumber1

Where to even start with this bloke?

In terms of the second goal yesterday, I genuinely believe that the cross was close enough to him that he should be at least attempting to claim it. Having decided to stay on his line, he then 100% HAS to hold on to what was a fairly weak header.

In a more general sense, he NEVER bosses his area, does not inspire confidence in his defenders (you can visibly see both Burgess and Woolfenden second-guessing their own decision-making in 50/50 situations where even a semi-competent keeper would claim through balls or crosses), and his shot stopping is diabolical. Also, he is listed on Wikipedia at 188cm or 6’2/3. This can’t be accurate, surely?!? To me he looks shorter than Wooldenden who is small for a centre half. I would love for Hladky to prove me wrong but at this point he seems to bring literally nothing to the table.
Hladky on 11:10 - Aug 29 with 2382 viewsPendejo

Hladky on 10:23 - Aug 29 by jayessess

The 2nd one is a very simple save that I would expect an average L1 goalkeeper to make.

In general, he's not what I would expect us to sign, given all the money we've chucked around this Summer. That's the 4th goal he's conceded that I'd hope for a top goalkeeper to keep out. He's yet to "bail us out" and save something you wouldn't expect him to, as well.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 10:44]

I'd have expected my Sunday morning keepers to hold that second one.

I saw Holy play 3 times 19/20 season, 3 clean sheets and some outstanding saves, plus his distribution was better than I saw yesterday.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hladky on 11:10 - Aug 29 with 2382 viewsRadlett_blue

Hladky on 10:30 - Aug 29 by Ipswich_Crazy

2 free headers? no, they weren't 1 was a header and 1 was spilled by Hladky

No blame for the first goal - that cross was never a keeper's ball. It was flicked on & the Wimbledon player won the 2nd ball. It was not a free header. Just one of those things with no blame attached, although obviously better not to concede free kicks in those positions.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hladky on 11:11 - Aug 29 with 2368 viewsstrikalite

Hladky on 10:40 - Aug 29 by Fixed_It

He had a very good season last season- but against lesser players. Another factor could well be the crowd- it is a massive step up from playing in empty Fourth Division stadiums to playing in front of a large crowd. He looks nervous - which is the last thing you want from your GK.

Agree, the step up in front of big crowds and new players and surroundings can be difficult and effect players, he doesn't look confident and relaxed which he no doubt would have been at Salford...as a result he's made mistakes which only can effect his confidence even more..

We either show him faith and play him through it hoping it turns or make the change now for an experienced head, Cooks signing so he'll probably get more time..
Hladky on 11:47 - Aug 29 with 2198 viewsTheBlueGnu

I think he may have been at fault as to why Norman Bowler's role in Emmerdale was not given much more prominence. He was EXCELLENT as Frank Tate. A magnificent piece of acting artistry of a high calibre.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Hladky on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 2064 viewsPhilTWTD

Bit of both on the second. Worth saying how many people - journalists, agents - I've spoken to who watched League Two last season or in Scotland have said how impressive Hladky was. Not the first keeper to have a tricky start at a club, Ray Clemence at Tottenham comes to mind as one high profile one.
Hladky on 12:31 - Aug 29 with 2028 viewscarlisleaway

Have to agree the keeper looks shaky, uncomfortable at Cheltenham, should have got a better hand on the free kick against MK. First goal yesterday was defenders fault but that late equaliser should either been held by the keeper or a stronger hand on the ball to deflect it away from the Wimbledon player. On another note we need a stronger captain .
Hladky on 12:41 - Aug 29 with 1971 viewsitfcsuth

Has to hold the header for the second in my opinion. Has looked a little nervous so far - certainly had a shaky beginning to his Ipswich career but it such early days.

He was so well thought of at Salford and across League 2 as a whole, so still have faith he will settle fine in due course.
Hladky on 13:03 - Aug 29 with 1899 viewsEricsGate

Hladky on 12:41 - Aug 29 by itfcsuth

Has to hold the header for the second in my opinion. Has looked a little nervous so far - certainly had a shaky beginning to his Ipswich career but it such early days.

He was so well thought of at Salford and across League 2 as a whole, so still have faith he will settle fine in due course.

MIllwall first goal his fault
Morecambe - first goal should have stopped and second goal failed in a one on one
Cheltenham - bullied cos of size
MK Dons - was poor in distribution failed in one on one
Wimbledon- Distribution terrible , first goal bounce over the line in the centre of the goal, second goal .. oh my days

Not good enough for league one

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024