Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... West Ham game 19:10 - Sep 6 with 3098 viewschrismakin

Our 2nd 11

Or an u23 game?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So... West Ham game on 19:17 - Sep 6 with 3077 viewsDennyx4

Think it will depend on the injuries.

If majority are back and fit, I would play our 2nd 11. If we still have 4 or 5 out injured, I would go with the Under 23's.
So... West Ham game on 19:20 - Sep 6 with 3059 viewsrgp1

So... West Ham game on 19:17 - Sep 6 by Dennyx4

If majority are back and fit, I would play our 2nd 11. If we still have 4 or 5 out injured, I would go with the Under 23's.

I agree. If your gone to play in a pointless trophy then you might as well use the games for your squad players.
So... West Ham game on 19:28 - Sep 6 with 3000 viewsYallop

So... West Ham game on 19:20 - Sep 6 by rgp1

I agree. If your gone to play in a pointless trophy then you might as well use the games for your squad players.

It's not pointless in my eyes. I want us to go all the way to Wemburley and win it
So... West Ham game on 20:07 - Sep 6 with 2907 viewsTractorCam

So... West Ham game on 19:17 - Sep 6 by Dennyx4

Given the amount of emphasis on gelling, i'd like to think we'd go reasonably strong.

It certainly won't be an under 23s team, you get fined for that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So... West Ham game on 20:14 - Sep 6 with 2880 viewsSuperblue95

Stick out the under 12s take the fine and loss and move on

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So... West Ham game on 20:52 - Sep 6 with 2799 viewsGarv

So... West Ham game on 20:07 - Sep 6 by TractorCam

Given the amount of emphasis on gelling, i'd like to think we'd go reasonably strong.

Can't see it being strong at all. This competition was lower in the 'priority' list than the league cup and look what we did there.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So... West Ham game on 22:36 - Sep 6 with 2677 viewsWeirdFishes

So... West Ham game on 19:28 - Sep 6 by Yallop

It's not pointless in my eyes. I want us to go all the way to Wemburley and win it

I don’t think I could bear our first appearance at the ‘new’ Wembley to be the final of the Papa Johns Trophy.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

So... West Ham game on 08:41 - Sep 7 with 2499 viewsTractorCam

So... West Ham game on 20:52 - Sep 6 by Garv

Can't see it being strong at all. This competition was lower in the 'priority' list than the league cup and look what we did there.

Similar line up i'd imagine.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

So... West Ham game on 08:45 - Sep 7 with 2483 viewsWickets

Good call that and if we cant beat Bolton on Saturday the chance to get our first win of the season must not be missed .
So... West Ham game on 08:51 - Sep 7 with 2465 viewsWickets

So... West Ham game on 20:52 - Sep 6 by Garv

Always a big worry for me that we will get the usual "Its the league that is important quote " play crud get beat and go on to lose the next league game !!
So... West Ham game on 09:32 - Sep 7 with 2409 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What for? A day out?

If we took it down to potential for lost points in the league owing to players lack of fitness during a cup run. I'd swap Wembley for 7 points extra in the league all day long

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So... West Ham game on 09:58 - Sep 7 with 2366 viewsjayessess

So... West Ham game on 09:32 - Sep 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

What for? A day out?

If we took it down to potential for lost points in the league owing to players lack of fitness during a cup run. I'd swap Wembley for 7 points extra in the league all day long

We never seem to actually reap any reward for our anti-cup policy though, do we? Our results after cup defeats are usually dismal.

That said, we should sack off the Pizza Cup because real football clubs playing against B teams is an abomination.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So... West Ham game on 10:35 - Sep 7 with 2303 viewsWickets

So... West Ham game on 09:32 - Sep 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

What for? A day out?

Don't think it works like that ! well it never has in the past in fact just the opposite .
So... West Ham game on 11:07 - Sep 7 with 2227 viewsWD19

So... West Ham game on 20:07 - Sep 6 by TractorCam

So you have to play senior players....but the game doesn't 'count' towards any FA bans.

...and presumably entry of the competition is mandatory.

That seems especially joined up.....
So... West Ham game on 11:12 - Sep 7 with 2219 viewsNazemariner

You should go into every game, no matter what competition, looking to win the game. That means picking a team that is capable of winning the game.

The attitude of considering any match as not important, has been a contributing factor in the losing menatlity that is entrenched in our club.
So... West Ham game on 11:17 - Sep 7 with 2204 viewsHerbivore

It'll be a chance to give game time to the likes of Carroll, Aluko, Barry etc. and possible a number of others who haven't had many minutes and are a bit undercooked. We have a large squad and a third of the outfield players won't even make the matchday 18 when everyone is fit so games like this are a good opportunity to keep fringe players sharp. There might be the odd youngster in there as well but that'll be to make up the numbers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So... West Ham game on 11:22 - Sep 7 with 2196 viewsJon_456

So... West Ham game on 11:12 - Sep 7 by Nazemariner

You should go into every game, no matter what competition, looking to win the game. That means picking a team that is capable of winning the game.

The attitude of considering any match as not important, has been a contributing factor in the losing menatlity that is entrenched in our club.

Certainly for the FA cup and perhaps League cup your point is valid.

However this pizza trophy is a complete farce with PL u23 teams in so I couldn't care less if they played the u16s against them. They're nothing games which no one takes seriously until they reach the semis with their reserve teams.

They have zero impact on the winning / losing mentality of the squad and I'd be pretty p*ssed off if any of our starting players were to play, even more so if they then got injured and missed league games.
So... West Ham game on 11:32 - Sep 7 with 2176 viewsNazemariner

So... West Ham game on 11:22 - Sep 7 by Jon_456

Certainly for the FA cup and perhaps League cup your point is valid.

However this pizza trophy is a complete farce with PL u23 teams in so I couldn't care less if they played the u16s against them. They're nothing games which no one takes seriously until they reach the semis with their reserve teams.

They have zero impact on the winning / losing mentality of the squad and I'd be pretty p*ssed off if any of our starting players were to play, even more so if they then got injured and missed league games.

You could look at it as an opportunity for players to play their way into form.

I would hope to see the likes of Coulsen, Barry and Aluko involved. As well as any players coming back from injury.
So... West Ham game on 11:40 - Sep 7 with 2143 viewsJon_456

So... West Ham game on 11:32 - Sep 7 by Nazemariner

You could look at it as an opportunity for players to play their way into form.

I would hope to see the likes of Coulsen, Barry and Aluko involved. As well as any players coming back from injury.

For sure the likes of Barry & Aluko you would hope get some much needed game time.

Perhaps Coulsen but probably better giving Penney some minutes as Coulsen seems like first choice.
So... West Ham game on 13:20 - Sep 7 with 2068 viewstimothyeo

If we play u23's etc then I don't want to hear a single word out of Cook's mouth about gelling again - completely wasted one opportunity, if gelling is still needed lets not waste another.
So... West Ham game on 14:43 - Sep 7 with 1968 views3_5_2

Just Morsy and the new gk and perhaps anyone needing minutes

Morsy would put a few on the gate

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024