Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hold your nerve! 18:37 - Sep 11 with 1349 viewsFixed_It

I know - easier said than done, but - hold your nerve!
We will win at Lincoln.
There - I've said it!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hold your nerve! on 18:40 - Sep 11 with 1306 viewswkj

I'm sorry man, wether you're right or wrong - to field that prediction it has to be blind optimism alone. Blind optimism has run out.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hold your nerve! on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 1300 viewsRomeo4

I’m patient. I’m still hopeful. But it’s becoming increasingly more difficult!
Hold your nerve! on 18:42 - Sep 11 with 1279 viewsHighgateBlue

An interesting prediction. What is your reasoning?

Because the way I see it, with Cook as manager we'd even struggle to beat Lincoln at a game of having fewer Cathedrals...
Hold your nerve! on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1245 viewshomer_123

I like it Fixed_It.

Sadly I'm not quite that optimistic. If we manage a win against WHU21s....then maybe.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hold your nerve! on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1223 viewschrismakin

i've held it for weeks, took batterings for it ( rightfully). But sadly, Is there a bright future coming anytime soon? I can't offer any positives to fall back on

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hold your nerve! on 18:45 - Sep 11 with 1206 viewsitfcsuth

I won’t call for a managers head, and whilst it is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain any argument for Cook right now, I still am holding my nerve as you say.

That massively concerned me today, and hope a performances like that are nothing me than ‘freak’ outing.
Hold your nerve! on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 1151 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One week you'll be right!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hold your nerve! on 18:53 - Sep 11 with 1117 viewsJ2BLUE

Hold your nerve! on 18:51 - Sep 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

One week you'll be right!!

We hope

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Hold your nerve! on 18:55 - Sep 11 with 1100 viewsN2_Blue

I'm not convinced a win would end the problem necessarily

Cook seems tactically naïve and his coaching is not working on this group currently.

I'd rather see new staff with or without cook, but coaching changes i believe are now needed as much as a win if we are going to be competitive this season.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hold your nerve! on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 1083 viewsstrikalite

Can't see it, ripped Cambridge apart today, they'll have that feel good feeling....
Hold your nerve! on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 1084 viewsFunge

Cook has done nothing to suggest he's capable of holding his nerve; struggling to see why this long-suffering fanbase should follow suit.
Hold your nerve! (n/t) on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 1078 viewsN2_Blue

[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 18:58]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hold your nerve! on 19:24 - Sep 11 with 1003 viewsdavblue

Hold your nerve! on 18:44 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

i've held it for weeks, took batterings for it ( rightfully). But sadly, Is there a bright future coming anytime soon? I can't offer any positives to fall back on

LOL

He's not the messiah you were making him out to be then? And every decision he's made had been right?

I stil think he can do something here, but he is going to have to get his arse in gear very quickly. I suspect he has a month and if we haven't got going by then he's done here.
Hold your nerve! on 19:40 - Sep 11 with 959 viewschrismakin

Hold your nerve! on 19:24 - Sep 11 by davblue

LOL

He's not the messiah you were making him out to be then? And every decision he's made had been right?

I stil think he can do something here, but he is going to have to get his arse in gear very quickly. I suspect he has a month and if we haven't got going by then he's done here.

Until he gets the boot, he has time to prove me right still

but it's not looking good no.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hold your nerve! on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 934 viewsbrushhand

at this rate you have more chance of being shat on by a rocking horse,
than us winning at lincoln.!!!!
Hold your nerve! on 19:52 - Sep 11 with 886 viewsChurchman

I love your optimism.

But may I suggest you cut down on the beers?
Hold your nerve! on 20:13 - Sep 11 with 826 viewsHARRY10

.....................butn not your comments

Everyone desperately wants this to work, but the evidence is tilted so far in it not working that supporters are rightfully concerned.

Cook hardlt fired up what was claimed (by some) to be the strongest squad in the league. Four wins out of 18(?) last season. Now no wins out of seven competitive games, and not a lot out of the pre season friendlies either.

The coaching staff do not fill me with hope, looking more like some characters out of the Boys from the Blackstuff, than experienced and competent coaches. Edmundson appeared to think the way to defend is to slight towards some mythical base like a baseball player. Unlucky Hladky has been dumped (why was he signed ?), as I suspect others will be.

We looked a team of a dozen or so strangers, yet again. It cannot be blamed on not having the time together, injuries or players out of position. Many just looked out of place in L1.

While I have no doubt wins will come, they will not be at the frequency we need or were expected.
Hold your nerve! on 21:01 - Sep 11 with 706 viewsVaughan8

Bolton looked like scoring at every attack. I'm not sure a week is going to change a lot against a Lincoln team who have just banged in 5 goals away........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024