Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading into lockdown aren't we 17:11 - Oct 6 with 7817 viewschrismakin

Very quiet from the government on things, but behind the scenes they all know Covid is out of control again around the UK.

I See it being a Jan lockdown

Why? the company i work for, government contract have cancelled all January recruitment events.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 4585 viewschicoazul

No chance of any more lockdowns.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 4568 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't think they'd be able to do it now given the speed at which a lot of people have abandoned any sense of caution. Not to blame the people particularly, as the whole way coming out of lockdown was communicated was a farce. I'd be very surprised if they could put that genie back in the bottle even if they wanted to (which they don't).

Besides, I don't think they care how sick people get and the vaccines are doing a good job at keeping the death rate down to an apparently acceptable 100+ a day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:42 - Oct 6 with 4514 viewspointofblue

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:32 - Oct 6 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think they'd be able to do it now given the speed at which a lot of people have abandoned any sense of caution. Not to blame the people particularly, as the whole way coming out of lockdown was communicated was a farce. I'd be very surprised if they could put that genie back in the bottle even if they wanted to (which they don't).

Besides, I don't think they care how sick people get and the vaccines are doing a good job at keeping the death rate down to an apparently acceptable 100+ a day.

They may re-establish mask wearing and, depending on it’s success in Scotland, see if they can launch Covid passports again (the idea never should have been ditched in the first place) but I can’t see them re-enforcing lockdown - especially as case numbers seem relatively steady and hospitalisations are not really increasing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:59 - Oct 6 with 4430 viewsKievthegreat

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 17:42 - Oct 6 by pointofblue

They may re-establish mask wearing and, depending on it’s success in Scotland, see if they can launch Covid passports again (the idea never should have been ditched in the first place) but I can’t see them re-enforcing lockdown - especially as case numbers seem relatively steady and hospitalisations are not really increasing.

Masks seems so simple and such a no brainer.

Then again so many people don't really give a damn anymore, plus the brain dead who didn't want them when they were required before, it probably wouldn't be widely enforced.
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:22 - Oct 6 with 4315 viewsGuthrum

That's only down to the ongoing riots sparked by a lack of turkey and presents at Christmas.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:24 - Oct 6 with 4322 viewsDigger77

They don't work, as the studies show, so it won't be happening again.
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:31 - Oct 6 with 4285 viewsTrequartista

Covid is not out of control. Cases, hospitalisations and deaths are all down (week on week) at the moment although a jump in cases today.

Lots of unknowns as ever, but would need a new vaccine-escaping variant or a significant wane in vaccine effectiveness combined with a failed booster jab campaign i would think.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 4256 viewsZXBlue

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:24 - Oct 6 by Digger77

Simply untrue
Login to get fewer ads

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:51 - Oct 6 with 4171 viewsWeekender

Do you have to work at being this ignorant or does it come naturally?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:54 - Oct 6 with 4154 viewsDigger77

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:51 - Oct 6 by Weekender

I'll try and dig out the study.

#bekind
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:12 - Oct 6 with 4050 viewsStokieBlue

This is a dangerous falsehood and you should be ashamed of propagating it.

I've no doubt you can find an individual study which supports you from a pay-to-publish journal but you'll be cherry picking evidence from a sea of papers which say the exact opposite in order to suit your narrative.

The fact that posts like this are even tolerated on here was part of the reason I left. Fighting the torrent of misinformation and "feelings" was both exhausting and in the end a pointless waste of my time. Not all things are open to debate, especially when they are demonstrably wrong and possibly damaging. You can't really claim ignorance either given you've gone out of your way to find a study that supports you whilst clear studies to the contrary were posted as recently as yesterday.

I've noticed that many of your posts seem to use the generic cross-subject denier tactic of "muddying the waters" although I am unsure if this is by design or stupidity whereby you post the things you want to be true. You say "be kind" but you actions don't allow people that possibility.

It's probably wise not to post on things you clearly know nothing about, especially given the dangerous nature of the subject matter. The scientific method cares not for your feelings or opinions and I doubt many posters do either.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 3973 viewsWacko

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:54 - Oct 6 by Digger77

#bekind

I thought you said it was studies. Now it's just one

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:30 - Oct 6 with 3928 viewsdominiciawful

Shut up, you twát.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:35 - Oct 6 with 3892 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:12 - Oct 6 by StokieBlue

I've no doubt you can find an individual study which supports you from a pay-to-publish journal but you'll be cherry picking evidence from a sea of papers which say the exact opposite in order to suit your narrative.

The fact that posts like this are even tolerated on here was part of the reason I left. Fighting the torrent of misinformation and "feelings" was both exhausting and in the end a pointless waste of my time. Not all things are open to debate, especially when they are demonstrably wrong and possibly damaging. You can't really claim ignorance either given you've gone out of your way to find a study that supports you whilst clear studies to the contrary were posted as recently as yesterday.

I've noticed that many of your posts seem to use the generic cross-subject denier tactic of "muddying the waters" although I am unsure if this is by design or stupidity whereby you post the things you want to be true. You say "be kind" but you actions don't allow people that possibility.

It's probably wise not to post on things you clearly know nothing about, especially given the dangerous nature of the subject matter. The scientific method cares not for your feelings or opinions and I doubt many posters do either.

SB

Fwiw Stokie I think it was probably very wise to step back a bit as much as I valued all of your input.
This Winter could yet get very 'interesting' for all the wrong reasons! Take care out there.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 19:44]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:41 - Oct 6 with 3848 viewsDubtractor

SB

Welcome back Stokie!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 19:57 - Oct 6 with 3778 viewseastangliaisblue

#bekind

Stop talking sh1t if you want people to be kind.
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 3746 viewsRyorry

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 18:51 - Oct 6 by Weekender

Think there's a case to be made for banning people who serially misinform in this kind of way.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:09 - Oct 6 with 3692 viewsIllinoisblue

#bekind

Something more reliable than mymatedavereckons.com please.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:18 - Oct 6 with 3616 viewsPhilTWTD

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:02 - Oct 6 by Ryorry

Think there's a case to be made for banning people who serially misinform in this kind of way.

I have banned a number of repeat offenders since the start of the pandemic.
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:19 - Oct 6 with 3600 viewsGlasgowBlue

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:02 - Oct 6 by Ryorry

I agree. I said this months ago when people were posting covid denial on here. TBF Phil did crack down hard on them.

But then there is also a lot of unfounded scaremongering in the other direction.

I recall when there were predictions that we would reach 100,000 cases a day by the end of August, people were saying it would be far higher and happen far sooner. It didn't happen. No retractions or acknowledgement.

The debate needs to be informed and balanced.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:20 - Oct 6 with 3580 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:18 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

Good of you to let Stokie back.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:29 - Oct 6 with 3525 viewsDigger77

SB

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/30/covid-19-lockdowns-caused-more-
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:33 - Oct 6 with 3491 viewsDigger77

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:18 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

If you want to ban me for having a discussion, that's fine. However, it's not me getting personal here.

I'm not antivax for about the 5th time!
Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:40 - Oct 6 with 3430 viewsStokieBlue

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:29 - Oct 6 by Digger77

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/30/covid-19-lockdowns-caused-more-

Your source is a non-peer reviewed newspaper which propagated the Obama passport theory, second hand smoke deniers, ozone depletion deniers and climate change deniers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times

I go back to my original point.

Don't post about things you don't know about or understand when they are potentially damaging to other people.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:43 - Oct 6 with 3391 viewsDigger77

Heading into lockdown aren't we on 20:40 - Oct 6 by StokieBlue

Your source is a non-peer reviewed newspaper which propagated the Obama passport theory, second hand smoke deniers, ozone depletion deniers and climate change deniers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times

I go back to my original point.

Don't post about things you don't know about or understand when they are potentially damaging to other people.

SB

Other studies are available! And Sweden.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 20:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024