Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto 20:53 - Oct 16 with 1348 viewschrismakin

I know he divides opinion

But when you've got defenders freely giving away so many goals.. Surely its time he's given a go? it's not like he's an unknown.

he's nothing fancy and yes I know sometimes he gives a pen away. But he's no nonsense, gets blocks in, he's solid with set pieces etc

We see lots of calls for changes up the pitch despite the goals scored.. but not many for the back 2

I must admit, I think Burgess and Edmundson are ropey as hell.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto on 20:55 - Oct 16 with 1327 viewsN2_Blue

Burgess and Hladly look busted flushes already unfortunately...very disappointing.

Edmundson jury is out.

I'd def rather have Nsiala in there currently.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Toto on 20:58 - Oct 16 with 1311 viewsStrimmer

Yes. Call it a vibe call it grass is greener, but I just don’t see us conceding these wafty goals with Nsiala in. If you want less nonsense bring in your no nonsense guy. See also: Donacien for KVY

Poll: Was it a punch?

Toto on 21:10 - Oct 16 with 1269 viewsquad

I think they're ropey as hell too. I thought Burgess was good at the start but he's now making a lot of mistakes. I haven't seen anything from Edmundson so far that's an improvement. Edmundson didn't even contest for the header for their 2nd goal.

I would play Burgess and Toto together against Portsmouth. Can't remember seeing them play together before and worth a shot as nothing else has worked defensively so far.
Toto on 21:11 - Oct 16 with 1261 viewschrismakin

Toto on 21:10 - Oct 16 by quad

I think they're ropey as hell too. I thought Burgess was good at the start but he's now making a lot of mistakes. I haven't seen anything from Edmundson so far that's an improvement. Edmundson didn't even contest for the header for their 2nd goal.

I would play Burgess and Toto together against Portsmouth. Can't remember seeing them play together before and worth a shot as nothing else has worked defensively so far.

I'd even go as far as Bringing both Toto and Wolfy back into it.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Burgess was commanding and vocal on 21:12 - Oct 16 with 1255 viewsunstableblue

Toto on 21:10 - Oct 16 by quad

And looked really good in his first outing

His form has fallen apart

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Toto on 21:18 - Oct 16 with 1229 viewsquad

Toto on 21:11 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

I'd even go as far as Bringing both Toto and Wolfy back into it.

Perhaps. Toto and Wilson would have been better. I wasn't bothered at the time but in hindsight letting Wilson go was a big mistake I reckon.
Toto on 21:20 - Oct 16 with 1221 viewschrismakin

Toto on 21:18 - Oct 16 by quad

Perhaps. Toto and Wilson would have been better. I wasn't bothered at the time but in hindsight letting Wilson go was a big mistake I reckon.

Think 2nd half of season on wilson would be a sign of how much of a mistake. He's doing well.. but he missed a big chunk of our season...... can he do a full season for them?

Toto on 22:17 - Oct 16 with 1154 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

I would like to see Toto & Woolfenden back. They compliment each other well and we need their ability to pass a ball to mid field not what we saw from Edmundson today which was just a high ball upfield which played into Cambridge defenders' hands as they won every ball.

Edmundson and Burgess offer nothing special...
Login to get fewer ads

Toto on 08:52 - Oct 17 with 1038 views3_5_2

I’m not a Toto fan but Burgess has been poor of late. For a big unit he was struggling against Ironside yesterday, lost the far post header (against a smaller player) for the equaliser. Edmundson lost the the header for the goal. So neither CB did their jobs on the 88th minutes when everyone could see it coming.

Jury out on Edmundson for me.

JD been solid (should have done better on 3 occasions in the 2nd half crossing into the box) but done well lately defensively.

Hladkly not convincing.

So for me only one, possibly 2 of that back five look up to it. Bring Coulsden in at LB when fit.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Toto on 08:55 - Oct 17 with 1021 viewsbobbyramsey

Toto on 21:20 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

Think 2nd half of season on wilson would be a sign of how much of a mistake. He's doing well.. but he missed a big chunk of our season...... can he do a full season for them?

Might be wrong but hasn't Wilson missed quite a few games already?
Burgess was commanding and vocal on 08:57 - Oct 17 with 1013 viewspointofblue

Burgess was commanding and vocal on 21:12 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

And looked really good in his first outing

His form has fallen apart

Dare I say it, Woolfenden and Burgess looked the strongest defensive partnership we’ve had this season. Burgess has not looked as nearly as comfortable with Edmundson next to him despite having more games to get used to each other.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Toto on 09:00 - Oct 17 with 998 viewspointofblue

Toto on 08:55 - Oct 17 by bobbyramsey

Might be wrong but hasn't Wilson missed quite a few games already?

Missed three matches in August but think that’s just about it.

Toto on 09:07 - Oct 17 with 987 viewsArnieM

I suspect Toto is in for Tuesday alongside Edmundson. Woolfie is the same as Burgess, in that he gives the ball away cheaply at times and always has a mistake in him for that unforced error.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Toto on 09:09 - Oct 17 with 975 viewspointofblue

Toto on 09:07 - Oct 17 by ArnieM

I suspect Toto is in for Tuesday alongside Edmundson. Woolfie is the same as Burgess, in that he gives the ball away cheaply at times and always has a mistake in him for that unforced error.

And Nsiala doesn’t? Yes, he gets back and makes blocks/tackles but half of the time that’s because he’s been found out of position or given the ball away. I still can’t forget how he and KVY were played through for the Morecambe opener.

Toto on 09:11 - Oct 17 with 970 viewsjayessess

Other than Brennan Johnson's obvious dive at Lincoln, did Nsiala give away any penalties last season?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Toto on 16:32 - Oct 17 with 889 viewsquad

Toto on 09:09 - Oct 17 by pointofblue

And Nsiala doesn’t? Yes, he gets back and makes blocks/tackles but half of the time that’s because he’s been found out of position or given the ball away. I still can’t forget how he and KVY were played through for the Morecambe opener.

I don't know. Play who you like, we'll still concede. Just sick of it TBH.
Toto on 16:37 - Oct 17 with 883 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When was the last time Nsiala actually gave a penalty away? His reputation for mistakes is unfairly biased towards his first season here. That said, are Edmondson and/or Burgess the problem. I don't think Burgess has been perfect but I am not sure he has been that bad either.

The main issue has been as a team being unable to close out games. That is tactical and is down to the manager. Our defence last season was solid in a large part to the opposite problem of being too unadventurous. We need to show far better balance and the ability to switch mentality depending on the position of a game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Toto on 16:41 - Oct 17 with 878 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala is our best centre back and the quicker he comes back to the team the better.

Defensively we had never been as bad when he was in the team as we are now.

Burgess for example. What has he brought to the team thus far? The main centre back of Accrington,7th worst defence in the league last season and he has simply been a downgrade on Toto.
Toto on 16:53 - Oct 17 with 856 viewsitfc1108

Toto on 16:41 - Oct 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala is our best centre back and the quicker he comes back to the team the better.

Defensively we had never been as bad when he was in the team as we are now.

Burgess for example. What has he brought to the team thus far? The main centre back of Accrington,7th worst defence in the league last season and he has simply been a downgrade on Toto.

And Burgess played on the left of a back three for Accrington.
Toto on 17:57 - Oct 17 with 789 viewsPinewoodblue

Toto on 16:53 - Oct 17 by itfc1108

And Burgess played on the left of a back three for Accrington.

We would probably have defended better yesterday with a back three but Cook isn’t going to back down on his 4-2-3-1, unless Peter Reid suggests it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Toto on 18:25 - Oct 17 with 764 viewsitfc1108

Toto on 17:57 - Oct 17 by Pinewoodblue

We would probably have defended better yesterday with a back three but Cook isn’t going to back down on his 4-2-3-1, unless Peter Reid suggests it.

I agree. I don't understand why we have spent good money on a player, who will never get to play in their best/favourite position, just like Fraser.
Toto on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 745 viewsSwansea_Blue

Toto on 20:55 - Oct 16 by N2_Blue

Burgess and Hladly look busted flushes already unfortunately...very disappointing.

Edmundson jury is out.

I'd def rather have Nsiala in there currently.

Edmundson looks ok. Burgess really struggled yesterday. We certainly could have done with Toto in the last 10 mins yesterday. I think he’s the best stopper in the league, especially for dealing with aerial bombardments (or very close to being the best). It’s the rest of his game that gives me the heebeejeebies!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto on 18:37 - Oct 17 with 735 viewsjayessess

Toto on 18:25 - Oct 17 by itfc1108

I agree. I don't understand why we have spent good money on a player, who will never get to play in their best/favourite position, just like Fraser.

My opinion on our Summer recruitment gets worse by the week. At the moment I'm at about 4 players who are unambiguously good value for money - Bonne, Burns, Aluko and Chaplin.

My current count for players not much better than what they replaced is at least 4 - Hladky, Edmundson, Burgess, Evans, with a few others not far behind...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Toto on 19:00 - Oct 17 with 715 viewsitfc1108

Toto on 18:37 - Oct 17 by jayessess

My opinion on our Summer recruitment gets worse by the week. At the moment I'm at about 4 players who are unambiguously good value for money - Bonne, Burns, Aluko and Chaplin.

My current count for players not much better than what they replaced is at least 4 - Hladky, Edmundson, Burgess, Evans, with a few others not far behind...

I think it started to go wrong when we didn't get Sonny Bradley, and then Matt Crooks. I don't think we would have signed Edmondson, Burgess or Morsy if Bradley had joined. I think he would have been captain and a beast at this level, and Toto or Woolfenden would have been more than good enough to partner him.
I think if we had got Crooks, then we wouldn't have signed Fraser, Barry or Celina. We just have a bloated squad again.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 19:00]
Toto on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 600 viewsCoastalblue

I wonder how much diffeence there would be in the current pairing if they had a 'keeper they trusted behind them?

Regardless, agree, Toto would offer something we're lacking currently, might not be cultured, may make an occasional mistake but he puts his body on the line and he defends.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024