Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? 18:06 - Oct 23 with 5050 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:13 - Oct 23 with 2951 views3_5_2

There were quite a few near us.

I don’t get it.

Only ever left any game early and that was the 1-5 v the scum and to be honest I was one of the last to go!

Love a late winner.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 21:48]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:16 - Oct 23 with 2933 viewsbluelagos

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:13 - Oct 23 by 3_5_2

I don’t get it.

Only ever left any game early and that was the 1-5 v the scum and to be honest I was one of the last to go!

Love a late winner.

If you are 3 or 4 up, or down, can see it. But why would anyone leave a game at 1-1 with town on the attack for the last few mins chasing a winner?

Just don't get it at all!

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:19 - Oct 23 with 2900 viewsChurchman

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:13 - Oct 23 by 3_5_2

I don’t get it.

Love a late winner.

I left early once during the Cundy from the half way line Spurs game to pick up the misses from Harwich. The 4-1 hammering by Sheffield Wednesday at the end of the Lyall years and a few years ago with my dad who was feeling cold and unwell. We were losing that day too.

I sat out the Norwich debacle. I was too stunned to move. I also sat out the Charity Shield thrashing even though it’d have made sense to let it. I’ve never seen the point of leaving early.

Maybe I’m just mean and want my money’s worth!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 20:05]
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:40 - Oct 23 with 2833 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:16 - Oct 23 by bluelagos

If you are 3 or 4 up, or down, can see it. But why would anyone leave a game at 1-1 with town on the attack for the last few mins chasing a winner?

To get the pub and not get stuck in traffic for an hour?

I leave after 85 minutes every time and sometimes am on the A14 before the match ends. I could count on both hands how many goals I have missed in 20+ years
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:46 - Oct 23 with 2803 viewsbluelagos

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:40 - Oct 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

I leave after 85 minutes every time and sometimes am on the A14 before the match ends. I could count on both hands how many goals I have missed in 20+ years

Less than 10 goals from 85 mins in 20 years at Portman Rd? I'd take that bet if you want it!

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 2783 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:40 - Oct 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

But you’re going to watch a football match. They last 90 mins plus added on time. If you’re that worried about traffic, why go at all?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:51 - Oct 23 with 2773 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:48 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

But you’re going to watch a football match. They last 90 mins plus added on time. If you’re that worried about traffic, why go at all?

Just that, it’s a football match.

The post pub wind down is just as much a part of that as sitting for 90mins.

If I watch the whole match I’m stuck in traffic for 45/60 mins, meaning I’m not home until 2hrs after it ends and the beers and curry get pushed back, don’t see the kids before bedtime etc.

Better to leave two mins before the end.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:53]
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:59 - Oct 23 with 2741 viewsJDB23

I left before Pablo scored that winner v Coventry. I was 100% certain the ref would blow after we kicked off. Never again since then!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 2724 viewsArnieM

Well to the bloke who walked moaning as he past me ( SBRL) , “ same old effing shyte….no difference is there”,

I’ll say this to you

A) you’re a tool if you can’t see an improvement on the shyte that’s blighted this Club for nearly two decades.
B), glad you missed the winner …you didn’t deserve to celebrate with the rest of us, ya tool!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:06 - Oct 23 with 2690 viewsjudespiveyg

I wasn't at the game today but whenever I go with my Grandad he leaves on 86 and I leave on 89. I've missed the odd goal, I missed both a Coventry goal and Counago's winner in my very first game. My grandad likes to beat the traffic, whether or not he's driving, and I'm not too fussed.

I do remember leaving a home game vs Reading in 2011(?) with Town 2-1 up, hearing Reading equalise as I was walking out the back of the Cobbold, then hearing Reading score the winner just I was about to cross the road to the old police station.

One of my favourite memories as an Ipswich fan was leaving early vs Derby in 2014 at 1-1. Hearing a roar from the crowd while walking along Portman Road as Town won a corner. My brother and I ran through the open gate in the lower corner of the stand (u2 or u3) just in time to watch the corner being taken and Berra nodding home the winner. Wicked moment.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 2619 viewsnodge_blue

I did leave after Coventry(?) equalised deep in injury time and missed Counago winner. That was the worst but time was up really. 13 seconds later....
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 20:27]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:32 - Oct 23 with 2588 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:26 - Oct 23 by nodge_blue

I did leave after Coventry(?) equalised deep in injury time and missed Counago winner. That was the worst but time was up really. 13 seconds later....
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 20:27]

Can't remember who it was against as an was v young but remember leaving a game early, this must have been v early 90s, town 1 down. 1st Roar came as went thought the turnstiles and 2nd about half way up the Rd. Won 2-1.

Sickener when you're 10 years old

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 2534 viewsMillsey

Nearly, just got to the end of the row when it went in 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 21:36 - Oct 23 with 2416 viewsdirtyboy

Yeah! FFS! I never leave before final whistle but today my young daughter got the train from Lowestoft over to meet me for a swimming gala and was calling me to come out before the crowds…

Then..

That sound!

I could have cried but my boy and was did jump into each other’s arms in joy…obviously totally gutted and she’ll not hear the last of it

F*****g kids! Lol

Upper North…sorry we let everyone down
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 2345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:51 - Oct 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

Just that, it’s a football match.

The post pub wind down is just as much a part of that as sitting for 90mins.

If I watch the whole match I’m stuck in traffic for 45/60 mins, meaning I’m not home until 2hrs after it ends and the beers and curry get pushed back, don’t see the kids before bedtime etc.

Better to leave two mins before the end.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:53]

Fair enough. It wouldn’t be for me, but each to their own.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 2338 viewsReuser_is_God

Leaving a game early? Absolutely fcuking not.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 22:12 - Oct 23 with 2281 viewsLeoMuff

Weird

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 00:35 - Oct 24 with 2127 viewsdominiciawful

Leaving a game early, unless you have a medical/family/faecal emergency, is fücking weird and something I don't think I will ever understand. Would you go to watch James Bond and leave five/ten minutes before the end credits? Beyond me.

Obviously a bit different if one's team is being pumped 6-0 at home, but otherwise... I've seen people leave when a game is finely poised and we could nick it/get a draw (and then have done) and it baffles me.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 0:40]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 01:02 - Oct 24 with 2084 viewsKropotkin123

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 19:16 - Oct 23 by bluelagos

Nah... Barnsley 3-3

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 06:46 - Oct 24 with 1963 viewsbluelagos

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 01:02 - Oct 24 by Kropotkin123

Nah... Barnsley 3-3

I was at that game. Rather a good ending :-)

Around that time I once left Oldham away at half time when we were 4 down and I didnt have a proper coat. Hammered it down and an open terrace made for a horrible afternoon.

Genuine conversation:

BL: Can I leave please?
Copper. No exit until 15 mins after final whistle for the away faans.
BL. But I might die of cold.
Copper. Only exception is ejections.
BL. What do I need to do to get ejected?.
Copper. Swear a bit.
BL. Tits, bollllocks, w@nkers.
Copper. That'll do. Am now ejecting you for ....
BL. (Shaking his hand) Cheers mate.

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 07:36 - Oct 24 with 1915 viewsEly_Blue

Blubfish obviously based on his previous post!

I mean he couldn’t have posted that from inside the ground as there’s no signal!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 07:38 - Oct 24 with 1913 viewsBluebell

Blame the train timetables.

We decided to go by train yesterday. The train back to London leaves Ipswich station at 17.09. If we stay till the end of the game (especially when there are 5 minutes of injury time) we leave a couple of minutes before the end to miss the crowds pouring out of the ground. Even then we only just make it to the station on time. Luckily yesterday we saw the goal before we left. We eventually got home at 21.00!

Other days we drive from home but park at Stowmarket to avoid the 30 minutes trying to get out of Ipswich. The train to Stowmarket goes back at 17.06. Then we get home around 20.00.

I challenge anyone to risk staying until the end of the game and then catch the trains we catch.
Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 07:41 - Oct 24 with 1899 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 07:38 - Oct 24 by Bluebell

Blame the train timetables.

We decided to go by train yesterday. The train back to London leaves Ipswich station at 17.09. If we stay till the end of the game (especially when there are 5 minutes of injury time) we leave a couple of minutes before the end to miss the crowds pouring out of the ground. Even then we only just make it to the station on time. Luckily yesterday we saw the goal before we left. We eventually got home at 21.00!

Other days we drive from home but park at Stowmarket to avoid the 30 minutes trying to get out of Ipswich. The train to Stowmarket goes back at 17.06. Then we get home around 20.00.

I challenge anyone to risk staying until the end of the game and then catch the trains we catch.

Where do you go back to?

I had a horrendous journey last night, eventually got back to Poole/Bournemouth at 9.30 after being stuck for 35 minutes at Brentwood trying desperately to get onto the M25 northbound before eventually giving up on that idea and cutting my losses and going southbound which was also a nightmare, however I would never leave before the end of the game

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 08:39 - Oct 24 with 1771 viewsjayessess

But you're missing the best bit!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 08:50 - Oct 24 with 1739 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Anyone want to admit to leaving before the winner? on 08:39 - Oct 24 by jayessess

But you're missing the best bit!

A Chambers fist pump or a Holland jog around? I’ll pass thanks 😊

Getting on with my Sat night is more important to me. Not sure why it’s been met with such animosity. Each to their own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024