Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? 19:22 - Nov 19 with 2333 viewsMattinLondon

Just been to a rather nice pub for tea and ordered steak and chips..like many places (is so it seems) I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to sweet potato fries. Absolutely not - in a polite way of course.

Who upgrades to that? It’s not even an upgrade. Like saying if I want to upgrade from mayonnaise to salad cream (which is awful stuff).

Just wondered if there are anymore examples of ridiculous upgrades out there?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:27 - Nov 19 with 1810 viewsOldboy

I have Heard and please don't quote me on this, but some people support Norwich rather than Ipswich. They think that is an upgrade. Laughable.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:31 - Nov 19 with 1789 viewstextbackup

Murphy to Leon Best

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:40 - Nov 19 with 1768 viewsfactual_blue

I can't imagine why they might want you to spend more money.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:42 - Nov 19 with 1757 viewsKeno

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:40 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

well thats this thread sauted then

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:43 - Nov 19 with 1746 viewsfactual_blue

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:42 - Nov 19 by Keno

well thats this thread sauted then

Let's hope nobody makes a hash of it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:46 - Nov 19 with 1734 viewsDubtractor

100% with you on the sweet potato downgrade.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:55 - Nov 19 with 1716 viewsSitfcB

Uppied - minus the salad cream point.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:00 - Nov 19 with 1703 viewsKeno

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:43 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

Let's hope nobody makes a hash of it.

I wonder who else will chip in?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:09 - Nov 19 with 1676 viewsVic

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:00 - Nov 19 by Keno

It’s just the thin end of the wedge though isn’t it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:09 - Nov 19 with 1675 viewsronnyd

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:00 - Nov 19 by Keno

Cue peels of laughter.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:24 - Nov 19 with 1643 viewsMattinLondon

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 19:40 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

It’s not the money that bothers me it’s the fact that they think that sweet potato fries is an upgrade.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:30 - Nov 19 with 1620 viewsmylittletown

You were doing all right until you slagged off salad cream.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:54 - Nov 19 with 1534 viewsMattinLondon

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 20:30 - Nov 19 by mylittletown

You were doing all right until you slagged off salad cream.

I stand by my comments. Salad cream is awful stuff.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:58 - Nov 19 with 1532 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is an upgrade because:

they taste better;

they are one of your 5 a day which potatoes are not;

sweet potatoes cost more and are generally a more awkward shape for peeling.

But you weren't after a sensible explanation were you? I, for one, am a fan of the sweet potato ones.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:58 - Nov 19 with 1528 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:54 - Nov 19 by MattinLondon

I stand by my comments. Salad cream is awful stuff.

It's not the best, but I'm not sure there's any way of making a case that mayonnaise is better. It's utterly pointless. It's simply not ketchup for not kids, and how boring is that?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 23:14 - Nov 19 with 1446 viewsMattinLondon

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:58 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

they taste better;

But you weren't after a sensible explanation were you? I, for one, am a fan of the sweet potato ones.

No, I was after a sensible answer..and after reading your first point, I’m still awaiting for one.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 23:15 - Nov 19 with 1439 viewsMattinLondon

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:58 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

It's not the best, but I'm not sure there's any way of making a case that mayonnaise is better. It's utterly pointless. It's simply not ketchup for not kids, and how boring is that?!

I like mayonnaise- especially on chips, but obviously not on sweet potato chips. That would be a waste of mayonnaise
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 00:57 - Nov 20 with 1360 viewsTerra_Farma

'Why are'.....
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 03:08 - Nov 20 with 1319 viewsjimsymBLUE

You had me on your side until the salad cream. Peasant.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 06:26 - Nov 20 with 1255 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 03:08 - Nov 20 by jimsymBLUE

You had me on your side until the salad cream. Peasant.

It was “tea” that got me.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 07:33 - Nov 20 with 1211 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Ham egg and chips needs salad cream.

Poll: would you rather

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 07:36 - Nov 20 with 1198 viewsLesta_Tractor

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 00:57 - Nov 20 by Terra_Farma

'Why are'.....

👏

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 07:46 - Nov 20 with 1186 viewsHerbivore

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 21:58 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

they taste better;

You're a monster.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 07:46 - Nov 20 with 1184 viewsITFC_Forever

Quite right, they are an abomination.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 08:06 - Nov 20 with 1153 viewshoppy

I was going to, but decided to jacket in.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024