Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook gone 19:11 - Dec 4 with 2654 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 19:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Cook gone on 19:12 - Dec 4 with 2005 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook gone on 19:12 - Dec 4 with 2013 viewstimothyeo

Good, but too late
Paul Cook gone on 19:13 - Dec 4 with 1970 viewsBlueBadger

Blimey, the was quicker than I thought.

#theresonlyonejohnmcgreal
#prayforkeanish

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Cook gone on 19:13 - Dec 4 with 1972 viewsSteve_M

The worst Paul of the four Evans appointed.

No messing about here, let’s get the next one right.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Cook gone on 19:13 - Dec 4 with 1962 viewsDubtractor

Wow.

He can't have too many complaints really, but I thought he'd get till the end of the month at least.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Paul Cook gone on 19:15 - Dec 4 with 1873 viewschicoazul

He seemed like a genuinely good bloke. Unlike some of the muppets we’ve had here. Good luck to him.
What now?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Cook gone on 19:15 - Dec 4 with 1840 viewsJDB23

Wow, as bad as it has been I genuinely thought he would get the next couple of league games to see if there was any hope of turning it around.

Sad to see it end this way as I genuinely like the bloke and would have loved for him to be the one to take us forward but it just wasn’t happening. I’m sure he’ll go on to be successful elsewhere but I don’t think he can have any complaints here.

Wonder if the ownership group have anyone lined up or felt they were forced into this position after the last few days?
Paul Cook gone on 19:16 - Dec 4 with 1814 viewsPlums

These guys mean business. Have to feel for a clearly decent bloke who’s lost his job but there were no signs of it turning.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook gone on 19:16 - Dec 4 with 1748 viewsjeera

Paul Cook gone on 19:15 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

He seemed like a genuinely good bloke. Unlike some of the muppets we’ve had here. Good luck to him.
What now?

Agreed, liked the bloke but the signs haven't been right for a while.

No problem with people who wanted to continue to support and see how it panned out but the board disagree clearly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Paul Cook gone on 19:17 - Dec 4 with 1740 viewsHerbivore

Right call. I feel sad that it's not worked out for him here but the fact is it hasn't and he's shown no real sign of being able to turn it round.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook gone on 19:17 - Dec 4 with 1687 viewsWD19

Paul Cook gone on 19:13 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

Blimey, the was quicker than I thought.

#theresonlyonejohnmcgreal
#prayforkeanish

Yes and no. There has clearly been something going on behind the scenes for a little while. Paul Cook is well connected and would have known as soon as Ashton started sounding out potential replacements.
Paul Cook gone on 19:19 - Dec 4 with 1596 viewsRobTheMonk

Not standing for mediocrity in League 1 is the right decision.

Also gives someone time to assess what they have before the Jan transfer window.
Paul Cook gone on 19:20 - Dec 4 with 1513 viewsSitfcB

Very shocked at this ffs.

Bet Phil is just tucking into his Saturday night fish and chips!

COYB

Paul Cook gone on 19:21 - Dec 4 with 1486 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook gone on 19:13 - Dec 4 by Steve_M

The worst Paul of the four Evans appointed.

No messing about here, let’s get the next one right.

McGreal for the next few weeks. May even get it permanently. One thing is true, we have great finances and infrastructure in place now. Can Gamechanger bring in the man they want?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Paul Cook gone on 19:22 - Dec 4 with 1387 viewsRyorry

😱

Not surprised, but didn't think it'd be tonight.

OK Gamechanger, I'll go along with whoever you choose - **as long as s/he's not called Paul/ine**!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1383 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook gone on 19:17 - Dec 4 by WD19

Yes and no. There has clearly been something going on behind the scenes for a little while. Paul Cook is well connected and would have known as soon as Ashton started sounding out potential replacements.

Cook himself thought he was getting sacked two weeks ago! McGreal coming in was the writing on the wall.

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1384 viewsbackwaywhen

Paul Cook gone on 19:15 - Dec 4 by JDB23

Wow, as bad as it has been I genuinely thought he would get the next couple of league games to see if there was any hope of turning it around.

Sad to see it end this way as I genuinely like the bloke and would have loved for him to be the one to take us forward but it just wasn’t happening. I’m sure he’ll go on to be successful elsewhere but I don’t think he can have any complaints here.

Wonder if the ownership group have anyone lined up or felt they were forced into this position after the last few days?

John Mcgreal short term
Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1381 viewsDubtractor

Paul Cook gone on 19:20 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

Very shocked at this ffs.

Bet Phil is just tucking into his Saturday night fish and chips!

I know you've been supportive of cook till the end, but you can't be surprised?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1367 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! I hope we know what we’re doing and this isn’t just the new Banter era taking shape.

Wish Cook well and hope his career gets back on track. But most importantly that we start building some momentum and confidence as a club.

Pronouns: He/Him

Paul Cook gone on 19:24 - Dec 4 with 1324 viewsSitfcB

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 by Dubtractor

I know you've been supportive of cook till the end, but you can't be surprised?

I actually am, and think most are!

Perhaps Cook knew he needed three wins the week after all.

COYB

Paul Cook gone on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 1283 viewsJDB23

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 by backwaywhen

John Mcgreal short term

Think we need to get the new man in ASAP tbh. McGreal won’t be the one to take us forward and we need to put wins together now if we want anything to come of this season.
Paul Cook gone on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 1275 viewsDubtractor

Paul Cook gone on 19:24 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

I actually am, and think most are!

Perhaps Cook knew he needed three wins the week after all.

Sorry, surprised is prob the wrong term, I more mean that you can understand why he's gone.

Paul Cook gone on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 1262 viewsZapers

Paul Cook gone on 19:23 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

Wow! I hope we know what we’re doing and this isn’t just the new Banter era taking shape.

Wish Cook well and hope his career gets back on track. But most importantly that we start building some momentum and confidence as a club.

This is going to cost them a few USD!
Paul Cook gone on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 1200 viewsRyorry

Paul Cook gone on 19:17 - Dec 4 by WD19

Are you saying the players caught wind of it, and that's why they weren't playing for him, ie not putting enough effort in?

Someone (forget who, apols) said during the game that it looked as though he'd lost the dressing room.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paul Cook gone on 19:29 - Dec 4 with 1155 viewsHerbivore

Paul Cook gone on 19:28 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Are you saying the players caught wind of it, and that's why they weren't playing for him, ie not putting enough effort in?

Someone (forget who, apols) said during the game that it looked as though he'd lost the dressing room.

I'm not convinced he's ever really had the dressing room to lose.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024