Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ashton a control freak? 21:38 - Dec 16 with 3016 viewsCaptMickMills

Has Ashton appointed young head coach so that there is no doubt who is the main man? Did he not want an experienced manager who might challenge him more and have his own ideas on how the whole football side of the club should be run. Also with young head coach Ashton will have more of a free rein re transfers.

To be fair a head coach role does seem to fit in better with the new structure at ITFC.

Ashton's most recent appointment of young head coach at Bristol City was not a success and ended in failure with Nigel Pearson then being recruited.

Obviously I will support Kieran McKenna who is a more intriguing appointment than many iof the other options. Not sure he is that much more experienced than Kieran Dyer but unfortunately Dyer's illness would make him more difficult to appoint anyway.

As people have commented Ramsey and Robson were young when they were appointed so let's hope McKenna is at least partially as successful as they were.

The question is can McKenna inspire players as well as being able to coach well and be good tactically? Will he have the presence and authority needed?

Hopefully under Kieran McKenna we will have a team with an identity and spirit that will be enjoyable to support.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 21:43]
Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:39 - Dec 16 with 2428 viewsJ2BLUE

FFS

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:40 - Dec 16 with 2417 viewsNthQldITFC

Did Ashton make you post this?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:41 - Dec 16 with 2412 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The sh**stirring Bristol City fans crawling around here have really done a job on some of you.

We get in an exciting young manager and your first thoughts are that it shows Ashton to be a ‘control freak’. Sometimes our fans are so wet it’s actually genuinely embarrassing. Get a grip.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:42 - Dec 16 with 2397 viewsVic

‘The question is can McKenna inspire players as well as being able to coach well and be good tactically? Will he have the presence and authority needed?’

I think he’s got all the credentials to do it.

Time to put away the questions for a while!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:42 - Dec 16 with 2393 viewsSitfcB

Head coach? He’s been announced as the new manager.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:44 - Dec 16 with 2354 viewsRadioOrwell

show me on the doll where Ashton touched you.
Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:44 - Dec 16 with 2345 viewsMullet

I do wish people would stop parroting these oddball Brizzle lot, they're giving their club a bad name and mugging off our fans by encouraging these assumptions.

If fans understood anything about blokes like Ashton they'd know that a) they wouldn't keep getting hired by blokes like O'Leary if they were half as bad as they were made out by the Thatchers and Trip Hop lot.

b) It's his job to ensure coaching, transfers, management all work together and report back to the Americans - assuming that that's sinister or any more sinister than anyone else at the club not wanting to screw things up is really self-defeating.

c) you are not going to be a matey, tracksuit and pint of Fosters type and work in the world he does.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:45 - Dec 16 with 2327 viewsFixed_It

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:41 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

The sh**stirring Bristol City fans crawling around here have really done a job on some of you.

We get in an exciting young manager and your first thoughts are that it shows Ashton to be a ‘control freak’. Sometimes our fans are so wet it’s actually genuinely embarrassing. Get a grip.

Totally agree. Embarrassing.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:46 - Dec 16 with 2315 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who was the young head coach he appointed at Bristol City before Pearson?

Dean Holden who had been assistant manager and was 41? Who left with a 43.9% win rate in the Championship (albeit after 6 successive defeats (which meant he previously had a 51.4% win rate.

Bring on this level of failure please.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:46 - Dec 16 with 2296 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:44 - Dec 16 by Mullet

I do wish people would stop parroting these oddball Brizzle lot, they're giving their club a bad name and mugging off our fans by encouraging these assumptions.

If fans understood anything about blokes like Ashton they'd know that a) they wouldn't keep getting hired by blokes like O'Leary if they were half as bad as they were made out by the Thatchers and Trip Hop lot.

b) It's his job to ensure coaching, transfers, management all work together and report back to the Americans - assuming that that's sinister or any more sinister than anyone else at the club not wanting to screw things up is really self-defeating.

c) you are not going to be a matey, tracksuit and pint of Fosters type and work in the world he does.

They should all be instantly banned. Sh1t stirrers. They don't want us to succeed.

Truly impaired.

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:47 - Dec 16 with 2280 viewsHealysBackPocket

Honestly haven’t got a clue what Ashton has done to some of you lot - public enemy number one over night with no evidence to back up the claims
Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:48 - Dec 16 with 2247 viewsFightingEssex

I think Ashton has done a job on himself.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:50 - Dec 16 with 2214 viewsSteve_M

Football has moved on from the way Evans tried to make it work, indeed it had a decade before that, so of course is a different type of appointment. As your second paragraph rightly stated states.

Ashton clearly has an ego but so do most people who end up as CEO’s, I’m more interested if he frees a good job here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:50 - Dec 16 with 2204 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:47 - Dec 16 by HealysBackPocket

Honestly haven’t got a clue what Ashton has done to some of you lot - public enemy number one over night with no evidence to back up the claims

I started a thread asking for one thing he had done wrong.

Not one single answer.

Truly impaired.

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:54 - Dec 16 with 2122 viewsfloridaboy

Really is pathetic what some people post. Does the OP really think he would leave a really good job at United to come here and play second fiddle to Ashton. Don't think so!!

Time for a few trolls to get a grip and if they have nothing sensible to post then keep away!!I

Obviously some still think we are a massive club and can go out and hire a world class coach. Get real!
Is Ashton a control freak? on 22:03 - Dec 16 with 2057 viewsFevsBCFC

He is a control freak….but he can be that and McKenna can be an inspired appointment too. The two can happen together. Why does it have to be one or the other. McKenna might need an Ashton-type CEO as he finds his feet as a manager (interesting not announce as head coach like many of your ITKers said it would be). Lee Johnson would’ve been a kid in a sweet shop given half a chance.

If you read my posts they aren’t sh1t-stirring at all, they are predominately fact based on his time with us and things to be mindful of. There were compliments in there too, but some of you don’t want to hear any critique so miss the balance of some of my posts. Even my best mate Churchman (who won’t be able to read this because he has me on ignore!) is right in that you should treat as you find. I post on here to challenge your thinking. If he’s happy with Ashton that’s great. I’ve said before he might be the perfect fit for you.

I’m terms of McKenna it’s a bold signing. It’s a million miles from Neil Harris. If Harris was nearly a done deal, then it’s an interesting change of tack. Or maybe your ITKers aren’t as ITK in the new set up. As staff change, so the “leaks” disappear.

One personal thought - I know it’s Thursday evening, but if it were me, I’d want to take control of the game on Saturday. By all means take insight from McGreal, Dyer etc….but show them you’re the boss from day 1 and have the balls to front up to Sunderland. That’s just my thought.

Good luck to the new team.
Is Ashton a control freak? on 11:19 - Dec 17 with 1549 viewsCaptMickMills

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:42 - Dec 16 by SitfcB

Head coach? He’s been announced as the new manager.

Good point!
Is Ashton a control freak? on 11:22 - Dec 17 with 1528 viewsCaptMickMills

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:42 - Dec 16 by Vic

‘The question is can McKenna inspire players as well as being able to coach well and be good tactically? Will he have the presence and authority needed?’

I think he’s got all the credentials to do it.

Time to put away the questions for a while!

Question raised by how he came across on coaching site video.

However I will support him 100%
Is Ashton a control freak? on 11:24 - Dec 17 with 1514 viewsBiGDonnie

Is Ashton a control freak? on 21:39 - Dec 16 by J2BLUE

FFS

I was literally going to post this.

FFS

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 11:47 - Dec 17 with 1448 viewsJDB23

Yes you are exactly right. McKenna has left the biggest club in world football where he was working with truly world class players just to come here and lick Ashton’s arse hole while on a leash.

Absolute state of this forum. You can see why the Tories have remained in power so long when people are so easily brainwashed by a few soundbites.
Is Ashton a control freak? on 12:17 - Dec 17 with 1390 viewsChurchman

Why don’t you scuttle off to the Bristol City forum where you’ll find plenty of baseless Ashton hate solace amongst the ‘faithful’
Is Ashton a control freak? on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 1375 viewslazyblue

Seriously? ! Why do people try to issues with everything.
Is Ashton a control freak? on 12:45 - Dec 17 with 1319 viewsitfcjoe

He probably is a control freak - but we've crying out for someone to grab the club by the scruff of the neck and run it properly.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 13:18 - Dec 17 with 1229 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd be more concerned if we were still being run by people like Marcus Evans who clearly didn't give a s**t towards the end

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Is Ashton a control freak? on 14:17 - Dec 17 with 1159 viewsRyorry

"The question is can McKenna inspire players as well as being able to coach well and be good tactically? Will he have the presence and authority needed?"

I'd say ManU & J. Mourinho (amongst others) thought so, and were considerably better qualified to answer this question than yourself or any of us.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024