Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did 16:07 - Dec 22 with 8507 viewswkj

Hot Take

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 with 5424 viewsBlueBadger

I bet they're all complaining how smarmy he is though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 with 5432 viewswkj

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

Doesn't really smile though does he

Crybaby

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:10 - Dec 22 with 5418 viewshomer_123

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 by wkj

Would you though...having to manage that lot?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:10 - Dec 22 with 5406 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 by wkj

Would it KILL him to offer out some free beers or talk about Man U more?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:13 - Dec 22 with 5392 viewsfooters

That's what you get when you hire a rich man's PE teacher..... All 'training', no results....

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:14 - Dec 22 with 5390 viewsmarkchips

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:10 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

Would it KILL him to offer out some free beers or talk about Man U more?

The second part will come . Just wonder what he has made of Vincent Young who failed at Spurs and Carroll .
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:14 - Dec 22 with 5366 viewsBlueBlood90

I've also noticed this. He doesn't exactly ooze personality from first viewings.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:42 - Dec 22 with 5176 viewsblueconscience

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:14 - Dec 22 by BlueBlood90

I've also noticed this. He doesn't exactly ooze personality from first viewings.

Who cares about his personality. He is their boss, not their friend!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:44 - Dec 22 with 5155 viewsFixed_It

He can do that whistling with the fingers thing that all good coaches (and shepherds) can do. I'm a rubbish coach and shepherd.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:44 - Dec 22 with 5162 viewsStokieBlue

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:09 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

Pretty sure you can make out a Man Utd top under his town one and he's mouthing the words "I was at a big club" as well I think.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:45 - Dec 22 with 5142 viewshoppy

I wonder if they've pointed him in the direction of Baba-Z - the best barbers in town yet, to sort that mop out..

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:48 - Dec 22 with 5097 viewsArnieM

I’d say it’s a massive step up for him . He wants to get it right , he’s got no managerial experience so very much a steep learning curve for him . Not sure Id be doing the Cheshire cat bit, until a month in the job and I was finding my feet .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:48 - Dec 22 with 5091 viewsKeno

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:14 - Dec 22 by BlueBlood90

to me he oozes quiet steely professional determination

I like those personality traits

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:53 - Dec 22 with 5029 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:42 - Dec 22 by blueconscience

Who cares about his personality. He is their boss, not their friend!!

Interestingly enough, over the last decade the managers with the most 'personality'(Keane and Lambert) to them are also arguably are our two worst managers ever.

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:55 - Dec 22 with 5017 viewsDJR

I think he does have a joke at one point in the video, but I prefer his steely determination. He has to get the respect of the players, and I am not convinced the bonhomie of Cook did us much good. In any event, how often did Alex Ferguson smile?
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:05 - Dec 22 with 4946 viewsTJS

Good.
I think it was Mick Mills who mentioned a year or two ago he was sick of hearing about whether players were enjoying training or not.
They're not there to enjoy themselves - it's a place of work and their sole focus should be on doing whatever it takes to start winning football matches.
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:09 - Dec 22 with 4900 viewsSparky85

Will he be getting smashed with his coach mates down the pub on a Sunday eve though? That's what I want to know
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:13 - Dec 22 with 4837 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 16:14 - Dec 22 by markchips

The second part will come . Just wonder what he has made of Vincent Young who failed at Spurs and Carroll .

Never realised he played at Carroll.

And, to be fair, I am not sure what to make of either KVY nor Carroll. KVY looked a far better player when he first joined us than he has more recently and Carroll looks a shadow of the player he used to be. It will be up to McKenna to judge them on who they are now, not what they once were. I am sure he will realise that too. None of these players will be in (or out) of the team on reputation alone.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:28 - Dec 22 with 4732 viewsWakh

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:13 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

And, to be fair, I am not sure what to make of either KVY nor Carroll. KVY looked a far better player when he first joined us than he has more recently and Carroll looks a shadow of the player he used to be. It will be up to McKenna to judge them on who they are now, not what they once were. I am sure he will realise that too. None of these players will be in (or out) of the team on reputation alone.

Really? I remember watching him play for them, Away in a... Cant remember now, but anyway it was on Sky and he starred brightly.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 17:31]
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:31 - Dec 22 with 4704 viewsitfcjoe

You can see from that video it’s night and day the difference

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:31 - Dec 22 with 4688 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:28 - Dec 22 by Wakh

Really? I remember watching him play for them, Away in a... Cant remember now, but anyway it was on Sky and he starred brightly.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 17:31]

Oh yes, I remember now. There was a donkey on the pitch too if I recall correctly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:33 - Dec 22 with 4666 viewsWakh

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:31 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oh yes, I remember now. There was a donkey on the pitch too if I recall correctly.

That's it. Yeah we signed him too.
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:36 - Dec 22 with 4649 viewsRadioOrwell

He's actually : Boss, friend, chilled out entertainer - in that order
McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:37 - Dec 22 with 4639 viewswkj

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:36 - Dec 22 by RadioOrwell

He's actually : Boss, friend, chilled out entertainer - in that order

All I want is a bit of karaoke... is it too much to dream?

Crybaby

McKenna is clearly working them harder than Cook and the kitman ever did on 17:41 - Dec 22 with 4592 viewspointofblue

Loved watching the training video - the amount of impact he's having, constantly communicating with the players, telling them what he expects. It does feel different to Cook's training videos, I have to admit.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024