Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer resigns as U23s manager 15:20 - Mar 21 with 6437 viewsitfcjoe

Gutted to see

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:21 - Mar 21 with 4588 viewsBlueBadger

This is very sad.

Good luck to him for the future.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 15:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:21 - Mar 21 with 4562 viewschicoazul

Oh noooooo.
Why? Has he said?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:22 - Mar 21 with 4562 viewsBseaBlue

Seems strange......Col U still working with an interim manager.......
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 with 4508 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:21 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

Oh noooooo.
Why? Has he said?

No comment from him, Ashton 'surprised' in our statement

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 with 4501 viewshoppy

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:21 - Mar 21 by BlueBadger

This is very sad.

Good luck to him for the future.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 15:26]

Obviously right not to speculate, but that was the question I had in mind too.

Wish Kieron all the best whatever the reason. He's been doing a great job.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 with 4484 viewsGlasgowBlue

Very sad. Health reasons?

The statement doesn't say much.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:25 - Mar 21 with 4466 viewschicoazul

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

No comment from him, Ashton 'surprised' in our statement

Hope his illness isn’t worse.
What a shame to see him go though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:26 - Mar 21 with 4424 viewsBlueBadger

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 by hoppy

Obviously right not to speculate, but that was the question I had in mind too.

Wish Kieron all the best whatever the reason. He's been doing a great job.

Good point re: first sentence. Will amend.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:31 - Mar 21 with 4320 viewsPattiswickBlue

I had heard a while back that Dyer was not happy, it was around the time Cook got sacked as I think they got on very well and Dyer felt Cook needed more time. He also wasn’t happy with things behind the scenes and even though Ashton says it’s a “surprise”, it isn’t as Dyer requested to leave earlier in the season.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:31 - Mar 21 with 4288 viewsSomethingBlue

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:24 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Very sad. Health reasons?

The statement doesn't say much.

Doubt Ashton would be saying "surprised" if it were that ... but yeah, we don't know ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:32 - Mar 21 with 4230 viewsswede

Very sorry to hear this. Hope he is ok. Best wishes Keiron.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:33 - Mar 21 with 4217 viewsblueislander

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:25 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

Hope his illness isn’t worse.
What a shame to see him go though.

I would imagine that it is a contributory factor. Although if he takes another job quickly, it would not have anything to do with his health.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:36 - Mar 21 with 4095 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:31 - Mar 21 by PattiswickBlue

I had heard a while back that Dyer was not happy, it was around the time Cook got sacked as I think they got on very well and Dyer felt Cook needed more time. He also wasn’t happy with things behind the scenes and even though Ashton says it’s a “surprise”, it isn’t as Dyer requested to leave earlier in the season.

Ah yes, it's all Ashtons fault I suppose.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:39 - Mar 21 with 4053 viewshype313

Strange, as I heard the complete opposite, that Dyer thought Cook and his team were unprofessional and Cook wasn't a fan of his.

All speculative obviously, and whispers to tend to get stretched on both sides.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:39 - Mar 21 with 4032 viewstractorboy1978

And McGreal was brought into the U23 set up...
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:41 - Mar 21 with 4018 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:39 - Mar 21 by hype313

Strange, as I heard the complete opposite, that Dyer thought Cook and his team were unprofessional and Cook wasn't a fan of his.

All speculative obviously, and whispers to tend to get stretched on both sides.

I think when you look at the senior footballing staff up there now - McKenna, Gilmartin, Pert, Turnbull, Probert, etc they are all Ashton's men.

Dyer never was, and also never will be because he is very much his own man - even someone like John McGreal was brought in by Ashton very specifically.

It must have been a strange environment for KD there, and relaistically one where he very much has a ceiling. I wonder how long Klug and Lee O'Neill hang round.

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:41 - Mar 21 with 3993 viewsLankHenners

That's sad - as others have said hopefully it's more to do with seeking coaching opportunities rather than health problems.

Don't wish to speculate unnecessarily but wonder what he thought about Butcher being taken off assistant manager duties, it seemed clear Dyer loved working with him, plus it seems on the surface some of the restructuring of that area of the club might conflict with the work he had been doing.

Be a real shame if he's left under a cloud as it was great for the club to have someone like him in such an important role in the development of younger players. Been name checked by several senior players as well for having a positive influence on them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:44 - Mar 21 with 3918 viewswkj

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:41 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

I think when you look at the senior footballing staff up there now - McKenna, Gilmartin, Pert, Turnbull, Probert, etc they are all Ashton's men.

Dyer never was, and also never will be because he is very much his own man - even someone like John McGreal was brought in by Ashton very specifically.

It must have been a strange environment for KD there, and relaistically one where he very much has a ceiling. I wonder how long Klug and Lee O'Neill hang round.

In all honesty, if KD feels he's ready to manage and that is a career his health will allow - he needs to start applying for jobs at a senior level anyway. I can only speculate that he might have been in line to become Paul Cook's Assistant Manager at some point, something now not accessible to him at ITFC.

Either way, I hope this is nothing more than KD wanting to step up into a more senior role in the game.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:48 - Mar 21 with 3788 viewshype313

Sounds very plausible, things are, and have changed at a pace, and maybe not being an Ashton face he feels his face doesn't fit.

Although with Ashton stating his surprise, it asks more questions than it answers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:48 - Mar 21 with 3806 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:44 - Mar 21 by wkj

In all honesty, if KD feels he's ready to manage and that is a career his health will allow - he needs to start applying for jobs at a senior level anyway. I can only speculate that he might have been in line to become Paul Cook's Assistant Manager at some point, something now not accessible to him at ITFC.

Either way, I hope this is nothing more than KD wanting to step up into a more senior role in the game.

There is no way to step up here for him, I wonder whether Colchester have a look at him as pretty sure he's one they know a lot about

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:49 - Mar 21 with 3773 viewsPattiswickBlue

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:36 - Mar 21 by abracaDOBRA_

Ah yes, it's all Ashtons fault I suppose.

I am just repeating what I was told! It’s not blaming Ashton.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:49 - Mar 21 with 3761 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah. There isn't much chance of him progressing any further at the club with the current coaching staff looking very secure long term.

I'm sure he'd like a crack at management and he'll need to start that journey elsewhere.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:56 - Mar 21 with 3612 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:49 - Mar 21 by PattiswickBlue

I am just repeating what I was told! It’s not blaming Ashton.

Not directing at you but whenever anything goes wrong Ashton's name is always mentioned! Appreciate you didn't mean it that way.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 16:02 - Mar 21 with 3515 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 15:48 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

There is no way to step up here for him, I wonder whether Colchester have a look at him as pretty sure he's one they know a lot about

McGreal coming in must be a difficult one for him. As an ambitious coach, it would be natural to feel a bit challenged when a guy with 200+ first team games managed under his belt (and given the interim managers position here) comes in alongside you.
Dyer resigns as U23s manager on 16:50 - Mar 21 with 3043 viewsDinDjarin

Itchy Chin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024