Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 play-offs 17:55 - May 1 with 1861 viewspelles321

Who do people fancy to be the third team promoted?

I’ve thought Sheffield Wednesday for a while. Beat MK a few weeks ago, and have some good experience in that side. Although considering how their season has gone, Sunderland will probably play badly in all 3 games and win them in the last minute.
League 1 play-offs on 18:01 - May 1 with 1820 viewsTresBonne

Yeah, Wednesday for me. They really have steamrolled their way into the playoffs over the last few months.
League 1 play-offs on 18:02 - May 1 with 1819 viewsYallop

Be nice to get rid of a biggie out of this division so Sheff W or Sunderland. I enjoy an annual trip to Sunderland so Sheff Wed for me
League 1 play-offs on 18:03 - May 1 with 1804 viewsjayessess

Wednesday or Sunderland. I think MK Dons and Wycombe will have a tougher time being competitive again next season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

League 1 play-offs on 18:05 - May 1 with 1785 viewsDeano69

83 points for 6th. Crazy.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

League 1 play-offs on 18:10 - May 1 with 1774 viewsjayessess

League 1 play-offs on 18:05 - May 1 by Deano69

83 points for 6th. Crazy.

6 wins in April and we'd still have finished 7th

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

League 1 play-offs on 18:31 - May 1 with 1724 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I hope Wednesday go up because I think they are a bigger threat to us next season. Sunderland have been down long enough not to hold any fears for us. I suspect Wycombe will fall away each year they stay down and MK probably wouldn’t have the muscle to keep hold of their better players

Poll: Our final position

League 1 play-offs on 18:37 - May 1 with 1690 viewsDeano69

League 1 play-offs on 18:10 - May 1 by jayessess

Had a feeling we would need more than 82. Just a one off season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

League 1 play-offs on 18:51 - May 1 with 1662 viewslongtimefan

League 1 play-offs on 18:37 - May 1 by Deano69

Had a feeling we would need more than 82. Just a one off season.

Although Wycombe got 84 points they would have only needed needed 81 to get 6th place.
Login to get fewer ads

League 1 play-offs on 18:58 - May 1 with 1639 viewspowinswitch

League 1 play-offs on 18:51 - May 1 by longtimefan

Although Wycombe got 84 points they would have only needed needed 81 to get 6th place.

Ok. But had we wanted to finish in 6th, we would have needed 84 points and a better goal difference or 85 points
League 1 play-offs on 18:59 - May 1 with 1629 viewsBent_double

League 1 play-offs on 18:10 - May 1 by jayessess

In some ways, I'm glad we were out of contention with a few games to go, to have won all those games and still not make the POs would have been tough to take.

Can't decide whether I want SW or Sunderland to go up - either one could be a real force in L1 next year, or a complete basket case that finishes 10th/11th!

Not that I want them too, but it will probably be the team that finished 6th!

Not that it means anything, but the guy who does the regular summarising of L1 on Quest said that, at this moment, he would have Ipswich as favourites for the title next season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

League 1 play-offs on 19:50 - May 1 with 1534 viewstractordownsouth

I think Sunderland will go up

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

League 1 play-offs on 20:42 - May 1 with 1451 viewsFixed_It

I would like Wednesday or Sunderland out of the way, simply because both have the resourses to be a threat next season. If I had to choose - Wednesday.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

League 1 play-offs on 20:45 - May 1 with 1445 viewsMullet

Hard choice. 2 excellent away days and 2 southern rubbish ones.

The thought of Wycombe or MK going up doesn't sit right either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

League 1 play-offs on 20:57 - May 1 with 1379 viewsITFC_Forever

Definitely not the anti-football Wycombe.

And other than the ITFC connections, there are few (no) redeeming features about McDons.

So it needs to be Sunderland or Weds. Aren’t Weds supposed to be deep in financial trouble if they don’t go straight back up?

So therefore, Sunderland to go up… big team out of the way for next season and a crap away day lost from the fixture list.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

League 1 play-offs on 22:56 - May 1 with 1226 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Wed or Sunderland.

Wycombe or MK Dons in a higher division than us sickens me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

League 1 play-offs on 23:41 - May 1 with 1193 viewsChurchman

Sunderland. They’re in good form and have the crowd backing. Alex Neil (Gollum) has done well with them.
League 1 play-offs on 23:58 - May 1 with 1175 viewsJDB23

Said at the start of the season Wednesday have the best squad in the league followed by us. I would expect them to go up especially as they have a decent amount of momentum. Never know in the play off's though!
League 1 play-offs on 06:58 - May 2 with 1039 viewsBigCommon

Winners of Sunderland/Sheff Weds semi, would be my favorites.... Hard to call though.. MKD have been relentless 2nd half of the season... And Wycombe could sh'house their way through..... I'd say Wednesday have given us more problems than the others. So I won't mind if they go up...
I can't see MKD replicating their season next year, should they fail to go up. Especially if Twine goes...
Of all the teams that fail/failed to get promoted this year. I think we are in the best position to strengthen. Whilst others may lose a player or two...
League 1 play-offs on 07:11 - May 2 with 1018 viewswkj

I would say MKD have some serious momentum right now. I would say it's a very fine line between them and Sheffield Wednesday.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

League 1 play-offs on 07:17 - May 2 with 1010 viewsBluebell

Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland for us. Too many teams ‘up north’ already.

MK Dons and Wycombe both local to us and the thought of them being in the league above us doesn’t sound right. That is the same reason I didn’t want Oxford promoted.
League 1 play-offs on 07:35 - May 2 with 980 viewsBlueBoots

League 1 play-offs on 07:11 - May 2 by wkj

I would say MKD have some serious momentum right now. I would say it's a very fine line between them and Sheffield Wednesday.

Sometimes a team that finish 3rd having just missed out on automatic struggle to pick themselves up after the disappointment...(2004-2005 season...85 Points)
[Post edited 2 May 2022 7:37]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

League 1 play-offs on 07:56 - May 2 with 909 viewswkj

League 1 play-offs on 07:35 - May 2 by BlueBoots

Sometimes a team that finish 3rd having just missed out on automatic struggle to pick themselves up after the disappointment...(2004-2005 season...85 Points)
[Post edited 2 May 2022 7:37]

We only know that too well, but their performances for the last few games have been very consistent for me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

League 1 play-offs on 08:46 - May 2 with 842 viewsIpswichKnight

Wycombe - will cheat there way to the win despite being utter pony, will then hear how wonderful it is to have plucky Wycombe back in championship and how unlucky they were to get relegated and could they just maybe sneak into PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024