Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd time I've had COVID now 09:40 - Jun 15 with 2399 viewsMullet

Possibly the 4th but I didn't test positive or feel as bad last time I got sick. All of my colleagues had it a couple of weeks ago in our team, but came back to work after 5 days (some still testing positive amazingly but that's the policy).

I then had a couple of mates stay and one tested positive the night he left having been in Ireland for a week before. This time it's the fever that's really getting me, not so tired (I slept 16hrs straight when I got it early on in the pandemic) but I do wonder how many years we will be living with this.

How many variants will get passed around and be weaker and weaker. I think it'll be masks for me this winter.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:43 - Jun 15 with 2350 viewsRyorry

Sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling a lot better very soon.

Was at routine clinic (N. Yorkshire) last week, where the nurse said Omicron24 is the current variant circulating in this area.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:46 - Jun 15 with 2316 viewsclive_baker

Get better soon Mullet.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:48 - Jun 15 with 2310 viewsSteve_M

Ah, balls. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Cases are definitely rising again at the moment, hospitalisations too. A long way off being a major issue, even with exponential growth, but we will need to think about the Winter and a potential additional vaccine dose.

Still, with this government in thrall to the ideologues on the right of the Tory party, surely nothing can go wrong. Again.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 11:32]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:50 - Jun 15 with 2278 viewsCotty

Maybe time to rethink your licking greeting ritual?

Seriously though, feel better soon
3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:53 - Jun 15 with 2229 viewsRyorry

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:48 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

Ah, balls. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Cases are definitely rising again at the moment, hospitalisations too. A long way off being a major issue, even with exponential growth, but we will need to think about the Winter and a potential additional vaccine dose.

Still, with this government in thrall to the ideologues on the right of the Tory party, surely nothing can go wrong. Again.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 11:32]

Same nurse thought it likely jab 4 (2nd booster) will be rolled out at same time as the usual autumn flu vaccinations, which would at least cover all seniors if they want it.

As you say, with the current shower still in charge at Westminster though ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:58 - Jun 15 with 2204 viewsgiant_stow

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:53 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

Same nurse thought it likely jab 4 (2nd booster) will be rolled out at same time as the usual autumn flu vaccinations, which would at least cover all seniors if they want it.

A mate from Israel was over a couple of weeks back - 44 and they've all had the 4th over there. Mind you, I spose that's not the fairest comparison.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

3rd time I've had COVID now on 10:01 - Jun 15 with 2181 viewsPhilTWTD

3rd time I've had COVID now on 09:53 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

Those over a certain age or with more significant health issues have already been offered fourth jabs by our local practice.
3rd time I've had COVID now on 10:01 - Jun 15 with 2165 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that, hope you're over the worst of it soon.
Login to get fewer ads

3rd time I've had COVID now on 10:09 - Jun 15 with 2115 viewsKeno

Mulley that sounds awful, hope you get well soon!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

3rd time I've had COVID now on 11:19 - Jun 15 with 1952 viewshomer_123

Speaking with someone only yesterday who has recently had it - for a 2nd time and after the 3rd booster. Hit her terribly, almost a hospital admission for her.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

3rd time I've had COVID now on 11:21 - Jun 15 with 1947 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's what happens if you have mates. Best avoided .

Hope you pick up soon. Who knows how long it will last, but it isn't going away any time soon and there's no guarantee mutations will get incrementally weak (although obviously it will be nice if they do).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

3rd time I've had COVID now on 11:29 - Jun 15 with 1900 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry to hear you're unwell, hopefully you'll be over the worst of it quickly.

The BA.5 variant is causing a new wave in many countries, it's up to 4 times better than BA.2 at infecting people who are vaccinated so I would think we could see a lot of infections but hospitalisations shouldn't be too affected as it's no worse than the base Omicron variant.

Unfortunately we will be living with this forever, people will have immunity from infections but the mutation rate of the virus is high enough that there will always be new variants, some of which might be successful at infecting people. As long as nothing comes along which is as infectious as the throat based Omicron but resides more in the lungs (like Delta) we should hopefully not see anything like we did in 2020 and 2021.

Masks in places like public transport every winter would be a superb idea, not just for covid but also for flu however when I mentioned this previously I got roundly attacked by a number of posters who prefer to go by feelings than science. I also got attacked for saying people should stay off work with a cold for the benefit of their colleagues - that's slacking apparently.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3rd time I've had COVID now on 12:18 - Jun 15 with 1791 viewsFixed_It

That's pants. Hope you feel better soon mate!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

3rd time I've had COVID now on 12:52 - Jun 15 with 1704 viewsjaykay

3rd time I've had COVID now on 10:01 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

Those over a certain age or with more significant health issues have already been offered fourth jabs by our local practice.

my wife has been offered the 4 th jab . called the spring booster

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

3rd time I've had COVID now on 12:56 - Jun 15 with 1689 viewsGlasgowBlue

This may sound perverse but I'm hoping we all get it in the next couple of weeks. We've all had it before and are fully vaccinated.

We go on holiday in six weeks and one of the conditions of boarding is a negative test. Hoping you can't be positive twice in such a short space of time.

Obviously I hope you get well soon.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 12:58]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

3rd time I've had COVID now on 13:34 - Jun 15 with 1578 viewsChurchman

I’m sorry to hear you are unwell again. Get well soon and try and curb the instincts to lick door handles.

I absolutely agree with SBs take on what should happen this winter - care using masks etc.

The govt head in the sand, get into work when sick (an idiotic approach if ever there was one), deriding working at home, keep follow up vaccination to a few, hope it goes away is pathetic. But utterly predictable with this shower.

I shall continue to observe the basics (hand washing, sanitiser, masks on public transport), not least because it helps in resisting other viruses, but I know it’s very much luck of the draw whether one gets it or not.
3rd time I've had COVID now on 13:46 - Jun 15 with 1550 viewsGuthrum

Get well soon, Mullers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:08 - Jun 15 with 1512 viewsSTYG

Has anyone else had proper issues in the morning since having COVID?

I'm not sure what 'Long COVID' encompasses etc but I used to go to bed around 11pm, up at 6am no problem at all and then go out for a jog or walk the dog.

Since having COVID late last year I have found that the same routine, diet etc and I wake up at 6am but have absolutely no effort to do anything for a good while.

Apart from that nothing else has changed I don't think. A few weeks ago I wondered if it was just because it was lighter and switched over to blackout curtains but the same thing is still happening.

Just wondered if anyone else had this post COVID?
3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 1457 viewsMullet

3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:08 - Jun 15 by STYG

Has anyone else had proper issues in the morning since having COVID?

I'm not sure what 'Long COVID' encompasses etc but I used to go to bed around 11pm, up at 6am no problem at all and then go out for a jog or walk the dog.

Since having COVID late last year I have found that the same routine, diet etc and I wake up at 6am but have absolutely no effort to do anything for a good while.

Apart from that nothing else has changed I don't think. A few weeks ago I wondered if it was just because it was lighter and switched over to blackout curtains but the same thing is still happening.

Just wondered if anyone else had this post COVID?

I thought I've had long covid since the first bout as my lungs were really bad when training and a lot of difficulty sleeping right again.

3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:30 - Jun 15 with 1454 viewsMullet

Thanks all, pretty rough for times last night and today. Hoping it stays mild though.

3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:35 - Jun 15 with 1434 viewsPlums

Sorry to hear that. I tested positive for it a week ago and the worst bit has been a throat full of ulcers and extreme fatigue. Chills and sweats for a couple of days but they soon went. I’m still testing positive after a week but have started admin stuff at work again - remotely.
Sleeping hasn’t been an issue.
I definitely don’t want it again so agree masks are the way to go in winter.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

3rd time I've had COVID now on 15:05 - Jun 15 with 1362 viewssuffolkpoker

I hope your over the worst off it. Spoke to a surgeon the other day about Covid who hired a vehicle off me. He reckowns it will make another strong come back in Winter and it will be back to masks.

get well soon.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

3rd time I've had COVID now on 16:55 - Jun 15 with 1262 viewsMullet

3rd time I've had COVID now on 14:35 - Jun 15 by Plums

Sorry to hear that. I tested positive for it a week ago and the worst bit has been a throat full of ulcers and extreme fatigue. Chills and sweats for a couple of days but they soon went. I’m still testing positive after a week but have started admin stuff at work again - remotely.
Sleeping hasn’t been an issue.
I definitely don’t want it again so agree masks are the way to go in winter.

Yeah those are all my symptoms pretty much - I've done as much work as I can muster today but likely would have done more on my free had I been well and in work. Very frustrating.

3rd time I've had COVID now on 17:07 - Jun 15 with 1228 viewsjeera

Get well soon chap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

3rd time I've had COVID now on 18:02 - Jun 15 with 1160 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

3rd time I've had COVID now on 11:29 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Sorry to hear you're unwell, hopefully you'll be over the worst of it quickly.

The BA.5 variant is causing a new wave in many countries, it's up to 4 times better than BA.2 at infecting people who are vaccinated so I would think we could see a lot of infections but hospitalisations shouldn't be too affected as it's no worse than the base Omicron variant.

Unfortunately we will be living with this forever, people will have immunity from infections but the mutation rate of the virus is high enough that there will always be new variants, some of which might be successful at infecting people. As long as nothing comes along which is as infectious as the throat based Omicron but resides more in the lungs (like Delta) we should hopefully not see anything like we did in 2020 and 2021.

Masks in places like public transport every winter would be a superb idea, not just for covid but also for flu however when I mentioned this previously I got roundly attacked by a number of posters who prefer to go by feelings than science. I also got attacked for saying people should stay off work with a cold for the benefit of their colleagues - that's slacking apparently.

SB

At the risk of being called obsessive!
"As long as nothing comes along which is as infectious as the throat based Omicron but resides more in the lungs (like Delta) we should hopefully not see anything like we did in 2020 and 2021."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/14/uk-at-start-of-new-covid-wave-driv

"According to preliminary data from Kei Sato at the University of Tokyo and colleagues, BA.4, BA.5 and BA.2.12.1 may have evolved to refavour infection of lung cells, rather than upper respiratory tract tissue — making them more similar to earlier variants, such as Alpha or Delta. The propensity of earlier Omicron variants to prefer infecting non-lung tissue may be one reason why infections tend to be milder in most people."

Edit....having now completed your post I am sorry to hear about the "attacks."
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 18:07]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024