Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FPR to be cashless next season 19:02 - Jun 27 with 6183 viewsHipsterectomy

Thank God

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

FPR to be cashless next season on 06:51 - Jun 28 with 1005 viewstivo

FPR to be cashless next season on 23:41 - Jun 27 by jeera

It irritates every time this crops up and some people cry for 'cashless' everywhere with no thought for those it doesn't suit.

Completely selfish attitude from some surprising quarters.

There's plenty of people who have reasons for using cash and it is exclusive to well, exclude them.

Who doesn't it suit?
FPR to be cashless next season on 07:06 - Jun 28 with 986 viewstextbackup

FPR to be cashless next season on 19:46 - Jun 27 by MattinLondon

My bro-in-law is very political and very intelligent but he very rarely used cards. He thinks that big organisations keep tabs on electronic payments and doesn’t want to be profiled.

Work with one like that, absolute fruit bat, won’t even get a tesco Clubcard as they’ll know when his missus period falls each month (his exact words) 😂
Like a girl having a period each month is a secret.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Money launderers? (n/t) on 07:06 - Jun 28 with 973 viewsBloots

FPR to be cashless next season on 06:51 - Jun 28 by tivo

Who doesn't it suit?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:22 - Jun 28 with 965 viewsLord_Lucan

I hardly ever use cash, most of the time I walk around without even a £ in my pocket

Hooever - I think it’s a terrible idea and should actually be illegal.

Yes there are people who can’t get credit cards etc due to credit situations but in effect even bankrupts can have a debit card so although that’s an argument it can be overcome.

I suppose the main reason is choice. You also have many elderly people who just don’t like them, there are probably all sorts of spendaholics who don’t use them in case they go mad and rinse their own account - not to mention alcoholics and gamblers who purposely limit their spending capability for obvious reasons.

There are a myriad of reasons why cash is king, on the comments section a bloke mentioned that his daughter has learning difficulties and struggles with a card.

Not good IMHO.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 7:27]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:29 - Jun 28 with 920 viewsPlums

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:22 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

I hardly ever use cash, most of the time I walk around without even a £ in my pocket

Yes there are people who can’t get credit cards etc due to credit situations but in effect even bankrupts can have a debit card so although that’s an argument it can be overcome.

I suppose the main reason is choice. You also have many elderly people who just don’t like them, there are probably all sorts of spendaholics who don’t use them in case they go mad and rinse their own account - not to mention alcoholics and gamblers who purposely limit their spending capability for obvious reasons.

There are a myriad of reasons why cash is king, on the comments section a bloke mentioned that his daughter has learning difficulties and struggles with a card.

Not good IMHO.

I agree. Totally cashless is unfair on a small number and we should care about those people. At least we haven’t gone down the ‘stadium card’ route where it’s only the club’s pre-loaded card that can be used but I expect that will come.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:43 - Jun 28 with 888 viewsChurchman

It’s interesting how things are changing on that front. It’s understandable that the club is going cashless. Being an old sad sack, I still carry cash, but rarely use it these days. The cash machine was a several times a month job but these days it’s more like once every two.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I used to use a mini Waitrose to buy a small carton of milk on the way to work. One day it went over to cashless bar one till for cigarettes etc. this is odd and embarrassing for 50p a go thought I. But I soon got used to it. Then one or two pubs in London went cashless which bothered me. Post pandemic I’m tapping the well worn card without a second thought. It’s much easier.

I accept its harder for elderly people. My father is very much cash and cheque book. Moans about direct debits and doesn’t use his debit/credit card. Partly it’s because he refuses to embrace online banking and partly because he’s too stuck in his ways to change now.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 7:46]
FPR to be cashless next season on 07:58 - Jun 28 with 860 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:29 - Jun 28 by Plums

I agree. Totally cashless is unfair on a small number and we should care about those people. At least we haven’t gone down the ‘stadium card’ route where it’s only the club’s pre-loaded card that can be used but I expect that will come.

We should care about those who are excluded from being cashless - but I have little sympathy for those who choose to be excluded.

In the case of ITFC - no one is being being excluded - they can still go to football and it’s only the bars that will be cashless.
FPR to be cashless next season on 08:01 - Jun 28 with 850 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:06 - Jun 28 by textbackup

Work with one like that, absolute fruit bat, won’t even get a tesco Clubcard as they’ll know when his missus period falls each month (his exact words) 😂
Like a girl having a period each month is a secret.

In my in-laws case it’s due to self importance- he’s political and as such thinks that the security forces monitor him at every turn. I’m actual fact no one cares about his blog and other writings. Obviously, I have yet to tell him this.
Login to get fewer ads

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:01 - Jun 28 with 849 viewsLord_Lucan

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:58 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

We should care about those who are excluded from being cashless - but I have little sympathy for those who choose to be excluded.

In the case of ITFC - no one is being being excluded - they can still go to football and it’s only the bars that will be cashless.

You have little sympathy for those who choose to be excluded?

Why?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:05 - Jun 28 with 839 viewsitfcjoe

FPR to be cashless next season on 07:22 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Not good IMHO.

I think they should keep an option open - there are a myriad of reasons people prefer cash and often to do with budgeting.

When I was a student I'd take £20 out and leave bank cards at home, if I didn't save enough for a taxi I'd walk - back then though yiou had to go to cashpoints and couldn't pay on card at the bar even.

If I went there now with contactless cards, cashless bars, Apple Pay etc I'd spend 5 times more - people talk about it being better for business with things like not handling cashe, people spending more etc but forget that they are the consumer.

Should be 1 cash bar in each stand to help

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:25 - Jun 28 with 798 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:01 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

You have little sympathy for those who choose to be excluded?

Why?

Because in the case of my bro-in-law (and a few of his friends) it’s his personal choice so he had to take responsibility for the fact that a lot of places will be cashless.

Obviously I’m not including those who can’t get cards etc due to financial history etc.
FPR to be cashless next season on 08:30 - Jun 28 with 788 viewsLord_Lucan

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:25 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

Because in the case of my bro-in-law (and a few of his friends) it’s his personal choice so he had to take responsibility for the fact that a lot of places will be cashless.

Obviously I’m not including those who can’t get cards etc due to financial history etc.

I think this was what I was getting at.

It should be up to the individual how they pay, they are the customer.

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:33 - Jun 28 with 777 viewsITFC_Forever

FPR to be cashless next season on 19:58 - Jun 27 by uppersirbob

Carling gone
San Miguel in at £5.25 a pint

Never mind that, it's all about the 81.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:37 - Jun 28 with 764 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:30 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

But if a business decides that they don’t want to take cash then it’s their business and their responsibility if it causes them to lose out financially. I understand the need for supermarkets to maintain the use of cash but not a couple bars at ITFC.

Plus, in the case of ITFC, people can still go to the matches.
FPR to be cashless next season on 08:44 - Jun 28 with 754 viewsLord_Lucan

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:37 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

But if a business decides that they don’t want to take cash then it’s their business and their responsibility if it causes them to lose out financially. I understand the need for supermarkets to maintain the use of cash but not a couple bars at ITFC.

Plus, in the case of ITFC, people can still go to the matches.

Well I suppose we just don’t agree so that’s about it.

I just think it’s bad customer service and ultimately as I previously said, should be illegal.

Businesses should do everything to help their customers - not the other way around.

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:46 - Jun 28 with 747 viewsunbelievablue

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:30 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

I’d like to pay with my girlfriend and ideally get some camels with my pint.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:53 - Jun 28 with 732 viewstextbackup

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:05 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

I think they should keep an option open - there are a myriad of reasons people prefer cash and often to do with budgeting.

When I was a student I'd take £20 out and leave bank cards at home, if I didn't save enough for a taxi I'd walk - back then though yiou had to go to cashpoints and couldn't pay on card at the bar even.

If I went there now with contactless cards, cashless bars, Apple Pay etc I'd spend 5 times more - people talk about it being better for business with things like not handling cashe, people spending more etc but forget that they are the consumer.

Should be 1 cash bar in each stand to help

And regardless of what the government etc may like, people do still get paid cash for jobs in some circumstances.

And if they’ve got £20 tip from a customer they want to keep from the missus as beer money for the game, they should still be allowed to use it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 718 viewsDeano69

Did we take cash last season?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:59 - Jun 28 with 707 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:25 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

Surely it's people sheepishly going along with cashless that are responsible.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FPR to be cashless next season on 09:01 - Jun 28 with 703 viewsThatMuhrenCross

It's alarming how whenever this topic crops up, how so many people just wilfully a spout "cashless is the future", "get with the times" and "cash is dead".

Cash is not dead. For some, it's still vital to their existence.

I agree that in this day and age, paying should be made easier for people, and the majority will be happy to just "tap" in the stadium.

But for some, paying by card isn't an option. Others, it's an option, but not one they're comfortable with.

When making these comments, please consider other people's circumstances.

The sensible thing would be to keep one "cash-only" bar open on each concourse so that people still have the option.

Oh yeah, and one other thing... stop judging others for their choices. IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

FPR to be cashless next season on 09:03 - Jun 28 with 693 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:59 - Jun 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Surely it's people sheepishly going along with cashless that are responsible.

Sheep vs dinosaurs. Epic.
FPR to be cashless next season on 09:06 - Jun 28 with 691 viewsMattinLondon

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:44 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Well I suppose we just don’t agree so that’s about it.

I just think it’s bad customer service and ultimately as I previously said, should be illegal.

Businesses should do everything to help their customers - not the other way around.

Do customers have a right to access all businesses? Probably in the case of supermarkets but not places like football or cinemas.
FPR to be cashless next season on 09:11 - Jun 28 with 685 viewsSitfcB

FPR to be cashless next season on 08:58 - Jun 28 by Deano69

Did we take cash last season?

No not in the stadium bars but the fanzone did.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FPR to be cashless next season on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 683 viewsLord_Lucan

FPR to be cashless next season on 09:06 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

Do customers have a right to access all businesses? Probably in the case of supermarkets but not places like football or cinemas.

That’s a really extreme view that doesn’t sit well with me.

Authoritarianism at its finest.

The man knows everything about you because of your spending habits, are you happy with that?

Fancy getting busted because you bought some king sized rizzlas?

Money launderers? (n/t) on 09:22 - Jun 28 with 675 viewsDyland

Money launderers? (n/t) on 07:06 - Jun 28 by Bloots

How very 1980s of you Blooters.

The correct answers are:

Old folk

Addicts and spendaholics

People who don't want their every little spending visible to her indoors or the Man

People who simply want a choice?

Sure, also petty drug dealers and cash in hand workers who don't declare all their income, but I ain't judging.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024