Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) 12:30 - Jul 20 with 13363 viewsjasondozzell

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:30]
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:53 - Jul 20 with 1199 viewshoppy

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Pricks.

Bit harsh on both Joe and parky.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:56 - Jul 20 with 1152 viewsStokieBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

On his day , I agree, but do have enough of those days? We also need to remember we are a L1 side and need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Yes he does.

Nice easy one to answer there.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:01]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:57 - Jul 20 with 1148 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:39 - Jul 20 by hype313

If so, then why did the Turkish deal fall though?

Did they promise him Lira rather than Euro's and then, once he went onto currency converter, got the shock of his life?

No, not down to the deal itself, that was all done on all fronts. Think once he was over there he didn't fancy it.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 20 with 1131 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:42 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

From what I know it hasn't (yet). Celina was in turkey yesterday, rangers made contact, so the move has been put on hold. Because obviously rangers is more appealing. Him being back in UK hopefully gives us another chance.

From what I'm told it's definitely off. Think he's been in Norway for most of the summer and assume going back there again until another move is sorted.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 20 with 1137 viewsStokieBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:57 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

No, not down to the deal itself, that was all done on all fronts. Think once he was over there he didn't fancy it.

Perhaps playing in the country of a despotic nutter didn't appeal to him.

Luckily for us, Boris is on his way out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:59 - Jul 20 with 1106 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:57 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

Hardly a surprise, a quick wiki glance at that club would give me the jitters.

Dijon clearly want him gone, or desperate for him to go, if the Rangers interest is very muted then surely him and the club will come to some agreement.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:59 - Jul 20 with 1104 viewsclive_baker

They didn't have a Wilko anywhere near as big as ours.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1030 viewspointofblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Though he will of course be replaced…

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:10 - Jul 20 with 993 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

SB

My name's StokieBlue, goodnight!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 20 with 945 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:56 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

Yes he does.

Nice easy one to answer there.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:01]

Second in the league for open play chances created behind McGeady who played half as much, 96th percentile for open play shots + chances created in the league

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/06/english-league-one-2021-22-stats?_gl=1*hwjiwg*
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:27]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:16 - Jul 20 with 938 viewsWestcountryblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:07 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

So Rangers, Europa League finalists think he's good enough to play for them but many of our fans don't think he contributes much, gets lost in games, is lazy and not worth spending decent money on.

SB

That's a huge exaggeration to say that ''many of our fans don't think he contributes much''.

I think some valid points are being raised regarding competition for places, financial constraints and allocation of resources.

An injury to Ladapo, and we look short of goals.
Im quite intrigued on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 916 viewsGuthrum

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 by tractorboy1978

I think it's pretty clear he and his family want him to be here - but that doesn't mean he has to accept whatever deal we put in front of him. He turned down Kosovo call ups (very important to him) to play for us last season. The fact we are even in the equation for him is a testament to his feeling about the club.

Said it numerous times but it'll be a real shame and disappointment if we can't get this done.

as to where the reported sticking point on personal terms might be.

After all, if it is to be a loan, then he will still get his full Dijon wages, so it can't be that. Presumably he was happy enough with the bonuses, accomodation and whatnot he had last season.

Is it, instead, a disagreement with the French club over proportion of wages to be paid by Town?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:19 - Jul 20 with 903 viewsSTYG

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Second in the league for open play chances created behind McGeady who played half as much, 96th percentile for open play shots + chances created in the league

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/06/english-league-one-2021-22-stats?_gl=1*hwjiwg*
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:27]

I do like the dynamic of people saying he goes missing, against the backdrop of him being in the 99th percentile whereby they have to argue against us getting a player that is either that good, or better if he 'applies himself' but that he's not good enough for us.

It's the footballing flat earthers suggesting they have members all over the globe.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:20 - Jul 20 with 888 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:59 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

They didn't have a Wilko anywhere near as big as ours.

Their Revs was shïte.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:22 - Jul 20 with 864 viewsGuthrum

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

From what I'm told it's definitely off. Think he's been in Norway for most of the summer and assume going back there again until another move is sorted.

Can we get noggin to nobble him?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:23 - Jul 20 with 855 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:20 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Their Revs was shïte.

Aren't all Revs sh1te?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Im quite intrigued on 14:24 - Jul 20 with 839 viewsSTYG

Im quite intrigued on 14:17 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

After all, if it is to be a loan, then he will still get his full Dijon wages, so it can't be that. Presumably he was happy enough with the bonuses, accomodation and whatnot he had last season.

Is it, instead, a disagreement with the French club over proportion of wages to be paid by Town?

Can only be with Dijon.

Surely Celina gets his £20k whether we pay half wit Dijon or we pay it all.

What I don't understand is why Dijon aren't just selling him and seem intent on only loaning him. Surely selling him, getting a couple of million and having his wages of the books is better than this eternal arguing over who pays what of a wage they can't afford.
Im quite intrigued on 14:27 - Jul 20 with 814 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Im quite intrigued on 14:17 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

I've been puzzled by this the whole time. But I'm assured by several sources, (including Phil), that the sticking point is the agreement with the player himself.

So I'm only left with two options as to what it is.

a) We won't pay the 'agent fee', MA has said repeatedly that the club won't be held to ransom.
b) It's a loan with an option to buy and the agent wants to agree the contract in advance of the loan.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Im quite intrigued on 14:28 - Jul 20 with 795 viewsGuthrum

Im quite intrigued on 14:24 - Jul 20 by STYG

Can only be with Dijon.

Surely Celina gets his £20k whether we pay half wit Dijon or we pay it all.

What I don't understand is why Dijon aren't just selling him and seem intent on only loaning him. Surely selling him, getting a couple of million and having his wages of the books is better than this eternal arguing over who pays what of a wage they can't afford.

Perhaps they can't find a buyer who will offer Celina a big enough wage that he would agree to go, on top of the fee they want?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:28 - Jul 20 with 793 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:22 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

Can we get noggin to nobble him?

Aha! Was forgetting Noggin and the Norwegian Blues. They ought to be able to nip round his gaff and persuade him to get it done!
Im quite intrigued on 14:29 - Jul 20 with 800 viewsitfcjoe

Im quite intrigued on 14:27 - Jul 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

I've been puzzled by this the whole time. But I'm assured by several sources, (including Phil), that the sticking point is the agreement with the player himself.

So I'm only left with two options as to what it is.

a) We won't pay the 'agent fee', MA has said repeatedly that the club won't be held to ransom.
b) It's a loan with an option to buy and the agent wants to agree the contract in advance of the loan.

He might be having to forgo some of his wages for it, i.e. Dijon take a fee from everyone and if he wants to leave he then has to agree his own deal elsewhere and they don't pay it in full - not something that sounds usual but bits I hear make me think it might be the case

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:29 - Jul 20 with 789 viewsBlueBadger

SB

Oh, bravo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Im quite intrigued on 14:32 - Jul 20 with 763 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Im quite intrigued on 14:29 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

He might be having to forgo some of his wages for it, i.e. Dijon take a fee from everyone and if he wants to leave he then has to agree his own deal elsewhere and they don't pay it in full - not something that sounds usual but bits I hear make me think it might be the case

Sorry Joe, maybe I'm being thick, but you've lost me there.
How do you mean? Dijon take a loan fee and then its effectively mutual consent?

I don't get the context.

Like I say, probably being thick.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Im quite intrigued on 14:34 - Jul 20 with 747 viewsitfcjoe

Im quite intrigued on 14:32 - Jul 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't get the context.

I think so - i.e. Dijon take what they can get and BC has no wages due bar what he can negotiate elsewhere

Im quite intrigued on 14:37 - Jul 20 with 715 viewsSTYG

Im quite intrigued on 14:32 - Jul 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't get the context.

I guess it means something like:

Celina is paid £20k a week at Dijon so £1m a year.

We may offer to take him without paying a fee and cover the wages so we effectively pay them £1m a year to pay his £1m.

In this case Dijon take a loan fee, so let's say we offer £500k for the year, Stoke offered £700k, Kasimpasa £600k, they'd want him to go to a club other than us.

It may be that they then say to Celina that they will pay him £10k per week if he's willing to go but he has to negotiate any additional wage with the club himself. Or he agrees to take nothing from Dijon and just what the loan club is offering and then there's no loan fee or a minimal one.

That way they can give permission to go to clubs meeting the loan fee (let's say £500k), he agrees to only take £10k from his parent club and it's then up to him to negotiate a wage we pay him (let's say £5k a week).

So we fork out £500k loan fee plus £250k in wages, Celina gets £15k a week and plays rather than £20k to rot at Dijon and Dijon get £500k loan fee which covers the £10k a week they are paying him (so they are paying nothing and saving the £500k extra in wages he'd cost them there. Alternatively, Dijon save the whole lot, get no loan fee (but don't care as it's £1m saved) and leave the player to get the best wage he can elsewhere for the year.

I guess something like that can put the onus on the player and the other club when no club is willing to pay the whole wage or a loan fee plus most of the wage?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024