Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) 12:30 - Jul 20 with 13362 viewsjasondozzell

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:30]
Im quite intrigued on 14:52 - Jul 20 with 2152 viewsPhilTWTD

Im quite intrigued on 14:29 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

He might be having to forgo some of his wages for it, i.e. Dijon take a fee from everyone and if he wants to leave he then has to agree his own deal elsewhere and they don't pay it in full - not something that sounds usual but bits I hear make me think it might be the case

That's how I understand it to have been. Clubs, including us, have agreed a figure with Dijon then gone away to discuss terms with him in the manner they might a permanent deal.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:53 - Jul 20 with 2140 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:52 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

Apologies, is the disagreement regarding terms with Dijon rather than Celina himself?

Player not club.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 2077 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:23 - Jul 20 by hype313

Aren't all Revs sh1te?

The Blackpool one was decent the one time I visited, many years ago.

Ipswich one is shîte but Santi loves it!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 2061 viewsBondiBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:53 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

Player not club.

So guys...am I allowed to get annoyed at the player now?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:02 - Jul 20 with 2056 viewsNthQldITFC

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Second in the league for open play chances created behind McGeady who played half as much, 96th percentile for open play shots + chances created in the league

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/06/english-league-one-2021-22-stats?_gl=1*hwjiwg*
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:27]

Just look at the Zones of Control map for Town on that!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:04 - Jul 20 with 2021 viewstextbackup

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Second in the league for open play chances created behind McGeady who played half as much, 96th percentile for open play shots + chances created in the league

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/06/english-league-one-2021-22-stats?_gl=1*hwjiwg*
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:27]

Better hope if we get him that the strikers we’ve brought in can put away these chances

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Im quite intrigued on 15:12 - Jul 20 with 1955 viewsjayessess

Im quite intrigued on 14:52 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

That's how I understand it to have been. Clubs, including us, have agreed a figure with Dijon then gone away to discuss terms with him in the manner they might a permanent deal.

Is that common?

Feels like a weird way round to do things when ultimately Dijon need him off the wage bill. Aren't they running the risk that Celina's gets picky and says "I'll stick with my current contract thanks very much"?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:13 - Jul 20 with 1942 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:00 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

So guys...am I allowed to get annoyed at the player now?

Not unless you know the full ins and outs, no. It might be that we're making him a derisory offer. We just don't know, so instead of getting annoyed at anyone why don't you just wait and see what pans out?

As a side point, why are so many of our fans worried about money all of a sudden? We don't know what's in the coffers and/or if the Santi offer stops other offers happening, and it's also not our money anyway. So chill, basically. I'm sure Ashton is trying to get the best deal for the club and Santi is trying to get the best deal for himself. No hard feelings, just business.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1906 viewsMetal_Hacker

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:31 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

The impression I'm getting (and no doubt way off the mark) is that Dijon do not want to contribute anything towards his wages. So it's a case of teams (Stoke & Kasimpasa) in this case offering close/what he is on at Dijon ... and Town not getting close to that figure.

I think it's inevitable he ends up here, but will drag on.

I think this is exactly that too

Celina himself wants to come here , Dijon aren't bothered where he goes so long as his wages are covered for the most part and we're offering less than they require

I think there must be some other element from Celina that's dragging this out too because he wants to come here - it' an intriguing game that's being played or so it seems

Let's hope we're right because sooner or later we're got to knock this on the head

Poll: If it were one or the other

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1853 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:04 - Jul 20 by textbackup

Better hope if we get him that the strikers we’ve brought in can put away these chances

Ladapo finishing similar to Bonne's judging by the 'stats', i.e. he scores less goals than you'd expect him to by the chances he has

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Im quite intrigued on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1850 viewsPhilTWTD

Im quite intrigued on 15:12 - Jul 20 by jayessess

Is that common?

Feels like a weird way round to do things when ultimately Dijon need him off the wage bill. Aren't they running the risk that Celina's gets picky and says "I'll stick with my current contract thanks very much"?

No idea how common or why, to be honest. Think it was down to Dijon.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:45 - Jul 20 with 1696 viewsjayessess

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:23 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Ladapo finishing similar to Bonne's judging by the 'stats', i.e. he scores less goals than you'd expect him to by the chances he has

Ladapo 3.3 shots per 90, 11 goals from 75 shots (14.7%)
Bonne 1.7 shots per 90, 12 goals from 75 shots (16%)

Bonne's slightly more efficient going by that, but chuck Michael Smith in there...
Smith 3.3 shots per 90, 19 goals from 148 shots (12.8%)

I guess taking more shots is the biggest key to scoring a lot of goals! (Unless you're Will Keane, his conversion rate was ridiculous last season, 26 goals from 92 shots!)
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 15:46]

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:09 - Jul 20 with 1555 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:45 - Jul 20 by jayessess

Ladapo 3.3 shots per 90, 11 goals from 75 shots (14.7%)
Bonne 1.7 shots per 90, 12 goals from 75 shots (16%)

Bonne's slightly more efficient going by that, but chuck Michael Smith in there...
Smith 3.3 shots per 90, 19 goals from 148 shots (12.8%)

I guess taking more shots is the biggest key to scoring a lot of goals! (Unless you're Will Keane, his conversion rate was ridiculous last season, 26 goals from 92 shots!)
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 15:46]

Ladapo - xG per 90 - 0.51
- G per 90 - 0.48

Bonne - xG per 90 - 0.43
- G per 90 - 0.39

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:17 - Jul 20 with 1491 viewsjayessess

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:09 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

- G per 90 - 0.48

Bonne - xG per 90 - 0.43
- G per 90 - 0.39

Suggests that Ladapo takes more low quality shots on?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:19 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsITFCBlues

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:17 - Jul 20 by jayessess

Suggests that Ladapo takes more low quality shots on?

He's already missed a couple of 1 on 1s in the friendlies!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 20 with 1445 viewsBlueBlood90

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:09 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

- G per 90 - 0.48

Bonne - xG per 90 - 0.43
- G per 90 - 0.39

I can see Ladapo starting next week against Bolton but I think he will be replaced relatively quickly once we fork out for a new striker. He'll be useful enough to come off the bench.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 1395 viewsjayessess

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 16:19 - Jul 20 by ITFCBlues

He's already missed a couple of 1 on 1s in the friendlies!

Not much of a sample size...

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:24 - Jul 20 with 1073 viewsBondiBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 15:13 - Jul 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not unless you know the full ins and outs, no. It might be that we're making him a derisory offer. We just don't know, so instead of getting annoyed at anyone why don't you just wait and see what pans out?

As a side point, why are so many of our fans worried about money all of a sudden? We don't know what's in the coffers and/or if the Santi offer stops other offers happening, and it's also not our money anyway. So chill, basically. I'm sure Ashton is trying to get the best deal for the club and Santi is trying to get the best deal for himself. No hard feelings, just business.

Just for you, instead of railing against greedy athletes and their agents, I'm going to instead wish that footballers and their fathers paid a little bit more attention in media training and perhaps didn't shoot their mouths off about how much they wanted to play for a club unless they actually really meant it.

As a side point, this hero worship of certain individuals above the collective is a disease in modern football.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:34 - Jul 20 with 1022 viewsBig_Jase

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:24 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

Just for you, instead of railing against greedy athletes and their agents, I'm going to instead wish that footballers and their fathers paid a little bit more attention in media training and perhaps didn't shoot their mouths off about how much they wanted to play for a club unless they actually really meant it.

As a side point, this hero worship of certain individuals above the collective is a disease in modern football.

I’d love to work for at lots of places, but could they afford my salary which keeps up with my lifestyle? The answer is no, why should the answer be any different for a footballer?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:46 - Jul 20 with 979 viewsBondiBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:34 - Jul 20 by Big_Jase

I’d love to work for at lots of places, but could they afford my salary which keeps up with my lifestyle? The answer is no, why should the answer be any different for a footballer?

If you told the whole world how much you wanted to work at one particular place a few times even though you had a reasonable idea that they wouldn't quite be able to match your salary, and then went around every other place in northern europe trying to get a better contract, you'd probably understand why that might put a few people's backs up at the place you 'really wanted' to work though.

Im quite intrigued on 21:55 - Jul 20 with 946 viewsbluestandard

Im quite intrigued on 14:37 - Jul 20 by STYG

I guess it means something like:

Celina is paid £20k a week at Dijon so £1m a year.

We may offer to take him without paying a fee and cover the wages so we effectively pay them £1m a year to pay his £1m.

In this case Dijon take a loan fee, so let's say we offer £500k for the year, Stoke offered £700k, Kasimpasa £600k, they'd want him to go to a club other than us.

It may be that they then say to Celina that they will pay him £10k per week if he's willing to go but he has to negotiate any additional wage with the club himself. Or he agrees to take nothing from Dijon and just what the loan club is offering and then there's no loan fee or a minimal one.

That way they can give permission to go to clubs meeting the loan fee (let's say £500k), he agrees to only take £10k from his parent club and it's then up to him to negotiate a wage we pay him (let's say £5k a week).

So we fork out £500k loan fee plus £250k in wages, Celina gets £15k a week and plays rather than £20k to rot at Dijon and Dijon get £500k loan fee which covers the £10k a week they are paying him (so they are paying nothing and saving the £500k extra in wages he'd cost them there. Alternatively, Dijon save the whole lot, get no loan fee (but don't care as it's £1m saved) and leave the player to get the best wage he can elsewhere for the year.

I guess something like that can put the onus on the player and the other club when no club is willing to pay the whole wage or a loan fee plus most of the wage?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 14:39]

I think I follow this, but I find it an odd concept that Dijon would agree to give BC any of the ‘loan fee’ back and essentially challenge him to get a topper up wage somewhere else.

My money would be on the simpler scenario whereby Dijon want 1 years wages end of story. If it’s a loan, they’ve covered their costs for the year. If it’s permanent, the years wages become a transfer fee, and any incoming club has to negotiate wages separately with BC. I don’t think Town want a loan deal this time, and this is where it would be difficult because Town (rightly) won’t pay £20k/week for a permanent deal, and BC (rightly) doesn’t want a big drop in pay when he has time left on his Dijon contract. BC probably also feels he’s worth £20k/week, and Town don’t so I can understand the impasse in this scenario. Loan deal might emerge at the end of the window……
Im quite intrigued on 22:02 - Jul 20 with 901 viewstractorboy1978

Im quite intrigued on 21:55 - Jul 20 by bluestandard

I think I follow this, but I find it an odd concept that Dijon would agree to give BC any of the ‘loan fee’ back and essentially challenge him to get a topper up wage somewhere else.

My money would be on the simpler scenario whereby Dijon want 1 years wages end of story. If it’s a loan, they’ve covered their costs for the year. If it’s permanent, the years wages become a transfer fee, and any incoming club has to negotiate wages separately with BC. I don’t think Town want a loan deal this time, and this is where it would be difficult because Town (rightly) won’t pay £20k/week for a permanent deal, and BC (rightly) doesn’t want a big drop in pay when he has time left on his Dijon contract. BC probably also feels he’s worth £20k/week, and Town don’t so I can understand the impasse in this scenario. Loan deal might emerge at the end of the window……

Or the situation is how Phil says.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 894 viewsBig_Jase

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 21:46 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

If you told the whole world how much you wanted to work at one particular place a few times even though you had a reasonable idea that they wouldn't quite be able to match your salary, and then went around every other place in northern europe trying to get a better contract, you'd probably understand why that might put a few people's backs up at the place you 'really wanted' to work though.

Not really, people are always moving jobs for more money, it’s the way of the world.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 22:14 - Jul 20 with 855 viewsBondiBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 22:03 - Jul 20 by Big_Jase

Not really, people are always moving jobs for more money, it’s the way of the world.

Ok, but you understand why 'the way of the world' has a tendency to annoy people though.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 22:26 - Jul 20 with 833 viewsBig_Jase

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 22:14 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

Ok, but you understand why 'the way of the world' has a tendency to annoy people though.

I can understand that you personally are annoyed, but 99% of people in Celinas shoes would do the same thing, regardless of what club you support etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024